Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year (35813 Views)

Olamide 999 Ep Is Not For Me, Joey Akan Blast Baddo Latest Album / Joey Akan: Emma Nyra And Ubi Franklin Have No Non-Disclosure Agreement / Joey Akan: Ubi Franklin Has Wronged So Many People And Injured Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by nelsonmike11111: 4:16am On Dec 28, 2018
see post below ���
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by FisifunKododada: 4:25am On Dec 28, 2018
How can somebody criticize your musical performance for the year and you begin to cry tribalism? That's very strange. And I think Phyno should either produce evidence of Joe Akpan's tribalism or apologize.

3 Likes

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by saucemanny(m): 4:37am On Dec 28, 2018
YomzzyDBlogger:

Rapper Phyno replies music journalist, Joey Akan who said he has had a very disappointing 2018.

Gists via: https://www.yomzzyblog.com/2018/12/rapper-phyno-replies-music-journalist-who-said-disappointing-year.html

but na true talk oooo.e pain fino sha.
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by saucemanny(m): 4:39am On Dec 28, 2018
YomzzyDBlogger:

Rapper Phyno replies music journalist, Joey Akan who said he has had a very disappointing 2018.

Gists via: https://www.yomzzyblog.com/2018/12/rapper-phyno-replies-music-journalist-who-said-disappointing-year.html

what is the meaning of EWU?
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by 1k001(m): 4:57am On Dec 28, 2018
Nigerians can't take criticism. A music critic makes a claim about someone's work not the person, it's up to the artiste to put out work to disprove the claim not resort to insults. Phyno took the criticism personally when it was directed professionally. This is an important distinction.

We have a long way to go to progress in this country if people continue mixing the personal and the professional.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by ebig21(m): 5:25am On Dec 28, 2018
Nigeria does not start and end in Lagos, that iwa was a national anthem, onyeoma earlier this year,fuwa sewa made waves . there are other of his songs, some people don't know Johnny drille but they listen to other popular songs it doesn't mean Jonny drille had a disappointing year

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Sheggy13(m): 5:42am On Dec 28, 2018
Why do some Igbos hate Yorubas so much. The guy that made this statement to Phyno, from his name, you can tell he's not Yoruba but all the insults on this thread are directed to Yoruba and Yoruba artistes like Teni and co, who has nothing to do with Phyno. Very pathetic.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by mozona(m): 5:51am On Dec 28, 2018
wetin you wan change, how u wan change am for am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by fabre4: 6:11am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

I'm not here for ur childish tribal slurs I just hit the truth and leave.

Which Teni, which hit songs. ? I didn't listen to that some up to 2 times till now.
Teni is only loved by YORUBAS because she is Yoruba..
IGBOS are liberal people they love u if u so something right that's why if u go to kiss Daniel, davido and Wizkid page.. They have much igbo fans as much as yoruba fans.
unlike igbo artist page where u hardly see yoruba fans.
Yorubas are very tribalistic, but it's shocking how they turn around to accuse IGBOS of being tribalistic

That's true because igbos play the victim.
Igbos need to learn how to be tribalistic without mentioning how tribalistic other tribes are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by breadtom: 6:21am On Dec 28, 2018
Please click the subscribe button while viewing to be notified for more video.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBPOS8MqCZ7TIKr2n7eGS2w
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by fabre4: 6:22am On Dec 28, 2018
Sheggy13:
Why do some Igbos hate Yorubas so much. The guy that made this statement to Phyno, from his name, you can tell he's not Yoruba but all the insults on this thread are directed to Yoruba and Yoruba artistes like Teni and co, who has nothing to do with Phyno. Very pathetic.

1- nairaland has been a battleground for tribal wars especially between igbos and Yoruba this has nothing to do with the artist you mentioned. Any mention of tribe ignites the war

2- A lot of Yoruba seem to side with the guy just for the purpose of trolling igbos

3- Phyno had many good songs that would make a big hit any day but because he didn't bring it to the Lagos. He was ignored and now is being criticised for not making a hit song.

So my question is this if it is the fans that decide which song is a hit song his fans have decided it is so why are they still trying to troll him

1 Like

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Aystarz: 6:24am On Dec 28, 2018
mozona:
wetin you wan change, how u wan change am for am.

You dey ask am Phyno, so crude and unrefined with that response. Shows he's more brawn than brain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Oloripelebe: 6:24am On Dec 28, 2018
zomoears:

Exactly my sentiments. All the posters before you just de avoid this particular phrase.

Phyno may have just de-repped himself. He may become less attractive to brands by this "tribal" response. How could he not manage his emotions and let out that "tribal" thing in a sentiment-driven country like naija? He needs to urgently manage this situatìn else it bites him in future.

There was nothing tribal in the criticism, Guy was just emotional and wanted to play the tribal card, hope his stupidity won't bounce back on him cos he is well accepted throughout southern Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Iamgrey5(m): 6:31am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

I'm not here for ur childish tribal slurs I just hit the truth and leave.

Which Teni, which hit songs. ? I didn't listen to that some up to 2 times till now.
Teni is only loved by YORUBAS because she is Yoruba..
IGBOS are liberal people they love u if u so something right that's why if u go to kiss Daniel, davido and Wizkid page.. They have much igbo fans as much as yoruba fans.
unlike igbo artist page where u hardly see yoruba fans.
Yorubas are very tribalistic, but it's shocking how they turn around to accuse IGBOS of being tribalistic

@ emboldened

Can you spot the contradiction and irony in your statement

You don't listen to a Yoruba artist because she sings in Yoruba(which isn't entirely true). Yet, you feel ibos are more liberal than Yorubas. So who is the tribal one.

Well, Yorubas love P square, Pathoranking amongst other well known ibo artist too.

or do you think only ibo fans made those artist.

5 Likes

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by pressplay411(m): 6:32am On Dec 28, 2018
Canticle:
The man is somehow correct, although the way he stated it was too harsh. Artistes that trended for their music this year include Duncan Mighty, Tiwa, Davido, Burna boy, Tuface, Whizkid and one or two other acts. Phyno was nowhere in the picture. I understand that sometimes artistes may take time off to regenerate and come back with a bang. Maybe that's what Phyno is doing.

The problem with human beings is that we want to know the truth, we just hate to hear it. And nobody likes to change their nature even when it is destroying them.
Yet, without the truth, you will never know you have a problem, you will never know the nature of your problem. Also you will never know the solution to your problem.
I have created a couple of disgruntled colleagues for telling their the truth and what they needed to change
The wise ones got temporarily angry and decided to change, the others chose to continue their own way. And I left them to it
Any one who knows me knows I'm always curious to know the truth, especially about myself first.
People truly keep perishing out of ignorance of the truth. Hosea 4:6

4 Likes

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Iamgrey5(m): 6:38am On Dec 28, 2018
fabre4:

1- nairaland has been a battleground for tribal wars especially between igbos and Yoruba this has nothing to do with the artist you mentioned. Any mention of tribe ignites the war

2- A lot of Yoruba seem to side with the guy just for the purpose of trolling igbos

3- Phyno had many good songs that would make a big hit any day but because he didn't bring it to the Lagos. He was ignored and now is being criticised for not making a hit song.

So my question is this if it is the fans that decide which song is a hit song his fans have decided it is so why are they still trying to troll him
Where is the "lot"? You just have an overactive imagination cheesy

Notwithstanding, why have you all chosen to ignore the tribe of the journalist making the allegations to attack the tribe of the alleged Yorubas supporting him.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by idonhammer: 6:46am On Dec 28, 2018
Emceesaka:
anoda tribal fool!
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by 77up(m): 6:50am On Dec 28, 2018
nifemi25:
That epic response too loud...
Oga There there is nothing epic in that response , he only sounds pained or frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Ghedo99(m): 6:52am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

U guys don't know good music dumb Nigerians. I guys ur definition of good music is POVERTY DIE undecided
or science student nd logo benz

1 Like

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Spallanzani: 7:28am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

This shows u don't know phyno.
Iowa didn't not even band like fuwa_sewa.
I don't follow crowd sheepishly phyno is among the few musicians who sing meaningful that song that u can connect the lyrics and see the meaning unlike others who jump form one thing to another in there lyrics.

The only problem pushing phyno aside is tribalism.
Imagine olamide who sings and writes rubbish lyrics POVERTY DIE.
Nigerians are just stupid in everything they they lack the sense to think on their and make reasonable judgement they rather make it easier for themselves by following crowed
Same reason we have this current president
You be capital fool for mentioning olamide continuously in your post. Olamide is still be baba where phyno, phyno sef sabi this

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Ubdavis(m): 7:32am On Dec 28, 2018
The guy has been yearning for the best possible way to shade an artiste from the east.
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Obidiugwu: 7:34am On Dec 28, 2018
He did trend,,,Dm us for your musical videos and management ,,IG:@gozmoprime
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by PSTEMMA1960(m): 7:54am On Dec 28, 2018
valdes00:
The man was actually right....
Phyno's year is so disappointing, but not as disappointing as that useless Mancity that cut my 92k ticket xtady...
mancity dealt with people back to back..

1 Like

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by OnlineWell(m): 8:07am On Dec 28, 2018
Truth be told

This year wasn't a disappointing one for Phynofino!
N.W.A was fuc*ing dope
FUWA SEWA was lit
IWA was an Anthem
OIL still a banger

If you aren't an Easterner, you may understand his lyrics but you can't relate to it.

Phyno remains the most featured artiste in the Nigerian Music Industry..FACT!

He is so Original, Creative and Humble dude. He doesn't announce his achievements on social media like other artistes do which makes him disciplined.

I can't imagine a better Igbo rapper than Phyno in the next 20 years to come..FACT 2!
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Spallanzani: 8:12am On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:

@ emboldened

You don't listen to a Yoruba artist because she sings in Yoruba(which isn't entirely true). Yet, you feel ibos are more liberal than Yorubas. So who is the tribal one.

Well, Yorubas love P square, Pathoranking amongst other well known ibo artist too.

Don't mind that idiot, I know he's still dey suck him mana breast. Empty head everywhere. Capital fool!
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by pazienza(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2018
bakynes:
Some of you guys especially the ones from the East are sometimes very stupid, what the Journalist said was true. Yes, Phyno is an indigenous rapper but he had a disappointing year. It's not all about understanding Igbo or not. Many people that are not Igbo didn't understand his Lyrics in FadaFada but they danced to it. Even Olamide had a disappointing year, So what's the fuzz about. For your music to come out has a hit, it has to be loved by Lagosians. Once it doesn't resonnate with Lagosians you can't call it a hit because Lagos is the Entertainment capital of Nigeria. It easier for artistes that are Yoruba to have a hit than their Igbo counterparts because Lagos has that Yoruba influence.

Maybe you should look into the mirror, next time you want to define stupidity.

Phyno had to feature Olamide to win over the Lagos fans. That was only the reason Fada fada trended in Lagos. Had Phyno not featured Olamide, the Yorubatic Lagos fans would not have related to Fada fada, but the song would have still been dope, a banger and we'll accepted within the East and beyond Nigeria.

A music doesn't have to resonate with Lagos fans to be considered a hit! The world didn't start and end in your Lagos.
Lagos culture is a Yoruba one, phyno in contrast had taken it upon himself to not leave his Igbo culture to appeal to Yoruba Lagos culture, instead he had stuck to his Igbo culture and tried to win over Lagos by regularly featuring Olamide from time to time.
Phyno had a very good year.

Fuwa Sewa is a hit
Iwa is a hit
NWA is a hit.

Get over your tiny Lagos enclave.

7 Likes

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by zcee: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2018
pazienza:

Maybe you should look into the mirror, next time you want to define stupidity.

Phyno had to feature Olamide to win over the Lagos fans. That was only the reason Fada fada trended in Lagos. Had Phyno not featured Olamide, the Yorubatic Lagos fans would not have related to Fada fada, but the song would have still been dope, a banger and we'll accepted within the East and beyond Nigeria.

A music doesn't have to resonate with Lagos fans to be considered a hit! The world didn't start and end in your Lagos.
Lagos culture is a Yoruba one, phyno in contrast had taken it upon himself to not leave his Igbo culture to appeal to Yoruba Lagos culture, instead he had stuck to his Igbo culture and tried to win over Lagos by regularly featuring Olamide from time to time.
Phyno had a very good year.

Fuwa Sewa is a hit
Iwa is a hit
NWA is a hit.

Get over your tiny Lagos enclave.

even your comment is a hit...

1 Like

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by CaptainGOOD: 8:45am On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:

@ emboldened

Lol that's what u people are good at, ropaganda and twinsting some1 words.
Sow me where I said I don't listen to Yoruba artists undecided
I had dagrin 2 audio albums before his death and after hi death.
I listen to davido and similar and other good ones. So stop talking trash and read well

Ur problem is lack of understanding, I mention Teni because I don't think her songs are good enough.
If u have sense u would see where I used kissdaniel, davido, and whizkid as good examples undecided
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by CaptainGOOD: 8:51am On Dec 28, 2018
Michealeni:

How tribalism take enter this one now? The journalist self na from east....what connection does it have with teni? Or you are just jealous of her success

Lol Teni and success? grin those are 2 parallel words that can't meet
Sorry she is just over hyped.
I can tell u I live e better life than ur teni grin
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by CaptainGOOD: 8:52am On Dec 28, 2018
Spallanzani:

You be capital fool for mentioning olamide continuously in your post. Olamide is still be baba where phyno, phyno sef sabi this

U are an idiot olamid is overhyped and not as good as phyno musically.
He has much fans than phyno but not definitely better than phyno

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid Cries Out From Miami Over Nigerian Food / Oluwatobiloba Michael Falana Celebrates His 4th Birthday In School (Photos) / Angry Fan Wishes Denrele Dead (snapshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.