Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,986 members, 7,838,503 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria (600 Views)

Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? / Why Obasanjo Is Angry With President Jonathan / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by maclatunji: 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2010
I was posted to Cross River State for my National Youth Service in 2007. Our orientation camp was in Obubra, the conditions were subhuman. For Example, the Officials at the Camp (MILITARY, NYSC, MAN-O-WAR, POLICE) would be served first with quality food. After dishing their food, two buckets of dirty water would be poored into the soup and be served to us (Nigeria's future leaders).

Those who could afford it never took that food, those of us that couldn't had to 'eat to survive' for three weeks. In addition no safe toilets were available, you actually risked your life by using the pit latrine (Shalanga). (Note this is not the major source of my anger}.

My anger has been aroused by the fact that the camp is now used for re-orientation of Niger-Delta militants and now the state and federal governments have now realized that they need to rehabilitate the place. New matresses, perimeter fencing, flat screen TV sets in hostels, mosquito nets and other general improvements.

Do not get me wrong, I am not saying that NigerDelta militants are not human or deserve poor treatment. But I am FURIOUS that the two levels of government improved the camp only because the Militants are willing to carry arms while we graduates were there living like criminals because we took the path of the pen rather than the sword.

Our leaders must change for the better, otherwise they will not be able to handle what their actions call for and will come to them sooner rather than later.
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 06, 2010
welcome to nigeria.
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by Osama10(m): 11:47pm On Aug 06, 2010
Thats the kind of country we live in now.
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:58am On Aug 07, 2010
Na wa o
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by Odunnu: 3:00am On Aug 07, 2010
Oga,hw far?Didnt u c my request in ur BOLT SETTINGS thread? Werrin i do u nah?
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 3:03am On Aug 07, 2010
Have you checked your box?
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 3:12am On Aug 07, 2010
U no do anything o my sister. . . have sent it
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by Odunnu: 3:17am On Aug 07, 2010
Ok,thanx a bunch.I'l check it.Hop its vry fast? Anyhoozy sha,I appreciate.Thnx
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 3:21am On Aug 07, 2010
U welcome. Infact that's what m using right now and m scared coz its too fast!
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by JUO(m): 3:24am On Aug 07, 2010
Naija for life, My broda thank God survived
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by luvola(m): 8:01am On Aug 07, 2010
@ odunnu - sister mak me self jolly frm yur bolt setting .olaklives05@yahoo.com .drop it in my f.b inbox
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by philip0906(m): 8:06am On Aug 07, 2010
. . .and dat retard called David Mark is clammouring 4 its extension by a year 2 make it 2 years.sick country
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by maclatunji: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2010
People tend to think that the Police and PHCN are the most corrupt Government agencies in Nigeria, I tend to think that the NYSC is the most corrupt. After our passing out parade the officials packed all the food we were supposed to have been fed with into lorries for themselves.
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by rethink: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2010
hmmmmm

Just a simple camera Recording and journalistic investigation can kill this. but you know the answer already instead of Journalists that are supposed to be the 3rd realm of government we have BLACKMAILERS.

The federal goverment releases the money but it does not get to the masses.

THE NYSC should be infused with the Military.
Re: Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria by chosen04(f): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
maclatunji:

People tend to think that the Police and PHCN are the most corrupt Government agencies in Nigeria, I tend to think that the NYSC is the most corrupt. After our passing out parade the officials packed all the food we were supposed to have been fed with into lorries for themselves.

. . . . .And 2morrow they will ask us to pray for the good of the God saken country ( and protection of her corrupt leaders)

God forbid Chosen04 praying for nigeria again!

. . . . . mOnkey dey PrAy bABOO dey steal!!!

(1) (Reply)

Southwest Pdp Adopts Jonathan For 2011 / The Race Against Time ! / Radical Thoughts On Naija @ 50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.