Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,726 members, 7,827,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari (9585 Views)

Enugu Airport A Shadow Of Itself - South East Governors Cry Out / Governor Umahi In The Shadow Of Vultures’ Talons. By Emmanuel Onwe / Hameed Ali: "Lazy People Are Crying Of Hunger Under Buhari’s Government" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by sogodihno: 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2018
Nafdac has been a shadow of itself since Akuyili left, not under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by CodeTemplar: 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
Lots of sense in the write up.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by danot1030: 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
Efforts to discredit, pdp hustle is real
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by arabbunkum: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2018
Everything the dullard touches becomes unprofitable and dies. Businesses fold up under him. His cattle never increases. PMB is a very big bad luck to the nation.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by anomaly20: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2018
MadCow1:
True - Late D. Akunyili was made for NAFDAC and vice versa..

Baba this your signature na wa o. Wetin uniben do u ? abi dem no give u admission na im make u go ekpoma.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Jman06(m): 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2018
This is too bad! Paul Orhi actually destroyed whatever legacies Akunyili left in NAFDAC because he wasn't competent for the job in terms of technical know-how. Now the new DG who would have made some positive impacts is being starved of funds by the clueless Buhari government.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by madridsta007(m): 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2018
[quote author=yanabasee post=74238628]NAFDAC will never function under Buhari..... Haba, na free tramadol the help dem BMC to rant anyhow online these days!!![/quote

Not just NAFDAC
Everything has collapsed.
Yesterday, I spoke to an old friend of mine- a very experienced and young Engineer in control systems- one of the toughest of engineering disciplines. He has relocated to Canada with his family.
He mentioned 11 friends of mine who have all relocated as well.
Doctors are relocating on a daily basis.
When the best leave, the society has to work with and contend with mediocres.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Vtrd: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
NAFDAC should be renamed the The Dora akunyili Nigerian agency for food, drugs, administration and control...

Maybe, that will inspire the upcoming heads.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by KillTheZombies: 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2018
Dumbohari doesn't care, the buffoon travels abroad just to drink foreign paracetamol, so why should he care about you almajiri masses when he simply sees you as less than a cow.

If you like vote the dulllard again. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by KillTheZombies: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2018
MadCow1:
True - Late D. Akunyili was made for NAFDAC and vice versa..

How far my guy, e don tail wey insult IBOs o. Wetin change?
grin
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by MadCow1: 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
KillTheZombies:

How far my guy, e don tail wey insult IBOs o. Wetin change?
grin

undecided

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:
When was the last time NAFDAC really had any meaningful impact? the last time was 2002 to 2003 when Dr Akuluyi of great memories was at the helm. The woman was truly a Nigerian at heart, not Ipob in a day and a Nigerian in the next day like the current PDP bunch from that region grin

Under the previous regime where stealing was not particularly corruption, NAFDAC was practically non existing

There was no major drug bust

There was no major innovations only noise

and so on

Thus, one can't expect the current government to perform miracles

The miracles the PDP couldn't perform for 12 years after the great Akuluyi performed a true selfless act for the nation. cheesy
keep blaming a past administration. zombi.e
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Shikini: 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
kennygee:
It has been a shadow of itself since Dora left.

No one has come close to filling the shoes she left behind.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by sugarcoatedhoni: 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:
When was the last time NAFDAC really had any meaningful impact? the last time was 2002 to 2003 when Dr Akuluyi of great memories was at the helm. The woman was truly a Nigerian at heart, not Ipob in a day and a Nigerian in the next day like the current PDP bunch from that region grin

Under the previous regime where stealing was not particularly corruption, NAFDAC was practically non existing

and so on

The miracles the PDP couldn't perform for 12 years after the great Akuluyi performed a true selfless act for the nation. cheesy

Some of you just come and express your ignorance on a public forum

Was it not under the last DG Dr. Paul Orhii that NAFDAC innovated the scratch and text mobile authentication on most drugs in the market today? Go and do some reading, this innovation won NAFDAC many international awards

NAFDAC has a handheld device that can detect fake drugs on the spot, it is called TRUSCAN. This innovation was under Dr Orhii, regulatory agencies from several African nations visited NAFDAC to learn about this innovative gadget.

This same labs that were just scored zero were duly accredited by WHO during Dr Orhii time, (Google is your friend) Oshodi, Yaba and Agulu labs

The new ultra modern NAFDAC office at Isolo was build, completed and furnished under Dr Orhii

What of the modern lab at Agulu in Anambra State, it was under Dr. Orhii

Culprits in the infamous My Pikin fake drug case were convicted under Dr. Orhii

The few achievements i have listed here are all verifiable

So when next you want to contribute to a post, make an informed contribution

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by lukaino(m): 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2018
Not just NAFDAC , SON is practically fully on sleep mode. Go to the markets and see sub standard products endangering lives across the country.
People are there collecting salaries doing nothing.

CUSTOMS , NAFDAC and SON are performing below expectations

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
kennygee:
It has been a shadow of itself since Dora left.

No one has come close to filling the shoes she left behind.

Thank you bro but you know Nigerians love to lie to themselves just to feel good. Nafdac died after Dora left.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by sugarcoatedhoni: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
Jman06:
This is too bad! Paul Orhi actually destroyed whatever legacies Akunyili left in NAFDAC because he wasn't competent for the job in terms of technical know-how. Now the new DG who would have made some positive impacts is being starved of funds by the clueless Buhari government.

You certainly don't know Dr. Orhii

Sure he had his shortcomings but he did well at NAFDAC, his achievements are verifiable

As for been qualified, he was more than ably qualified to head the agency.

You can read up his profile, he had all it takes
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Soneh(m): 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:

and so on

What is this fool saying? I pray one of your loved ones gets killed from intake of fake drugs then you would learn that not everything should be politics.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by martowskin1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2018
Buhari is fighting corruption, leave him alone
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
sugarcoatedhoni:

Was it not under the last DG Dr. Paul Orhii that NAFDAC innovated the scratch and text mobile authentication on most drugs in the market today? Go and do some reading, this innovation won NAFDAC many international awards

NAFDAC has a handheld device that can detect fake drugs on the spot, it is called TRUSCAN. This innovation was under Dr Orhii, regulatory agencies from several African nations visited NAFDAC to learn about this innovative gadget.

This same labs that were just scored zero were duly accredited by WHO during Dr Orhii time, (Google is your friend) Oshodi, Yaba and Agulu labs

The new ultra modern NAFDAC office at Isolo was build, completed and furnished under Dr Orhii

If you mean cosmetic achievements

Every past NAFDAC DG has had one or the other in their time.

Even current DG has his own cosmetic achievements

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Omeokachie: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
Every institution Buhari inherited he has destroyed within 3yrs.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by sugarcoatedhoni: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:
If you mean cosmetic achievements

Every past NAFDAC DG has had one or the other in their time.

Even current DG has his own cosmetic achievements

So an innovative technology like the scratch and text mobile authentication is a cosmetic acheivements

What of the laboratories that has just scored zero but was WHO accredited during Dr. Orhii time.. that is a cosmetic achievement too right?

Since you know so much about cosmetic achievements

Can you list the cosmetic achievements of the present DG?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
sugarcoatedhoni:

So an innovative technology like the scratch and text mobile authentication is a cosmetic acheivements

What of the laboratories that has just scored zero but was WHO accredited during Dr. Orhii time.. that is a cosmetic achievement too right?

Since you know so much about cosmetic achievements

Can you list the cosmetic achievements of the present DG?
Yes sir, it's cosmetic i.e. not sustainable but just for show

Dora got the level of fake drugs in circulation from about 67% to 19%

He built a lab for testing drugs in 2015 that was no longer functional as at 2017 with more than half the equipment already looking like a museum.

His SMS thing didn't really work because Nigerians were not really ready for it. it wasn't that sustainable or financially viable.

Need I go on

PS; the current DG has also been involved some major bust i.e. major codeine bust in the north.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Aystarz: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2018
Pusyiter:
VERY SOON, some people will blame Buhari for not having erection grin
WTF, must we blame Buhari for every?
The corruptible seed was sown in NAFDAC the moment Dora left and Dr. Ohii came on Board.
Trust GEJ of course
Now, nothing happens in NAFDAC until you drop

And our self-acclaimed 'government of change ' was supposed to fold its hands and watch the agency rot away

Shows just how much value the APC place on the health of Nigerians.
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by sugarcoatedhoni: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Yes sir, it's cosmetic i.e. not sustainable but just for show

Dora got the level of fake drugs in circulation from about 67% to 19%

He built a lab for testing drugs in 2015 that was no longer functional as at 2017 with more than half the equipment already looking like a museum.

His SMS thing didn't really work because Nigerians were not really ready for it. it wasn't that sustainable or financially viable.

Need I go on

PS; the current DG has also been involved some major bust i.e. major codeine bust in the north.

Mobile Authentication System (MAS) is still working till this very minute and you call it cosmetic. An achievement that has outlive the past DG and you say its not sustainable? Something people are using everyday? The SMS thing like you called it is still working until now. You must be a joke.

Why were the labs WHO accredited in his time but not now, means he did the right things. NAFDAC is an institution, why didn't they keep up the standards?

Apart from the agency, if any other person is to be blamed, i will probably Buhari as he is lacking in vision, He allowed NAFDAC have an acting DG for over 7 months and we know people in acting capacity don't do much knowing they can leave at anytime.

It got so bad that the woman acted until her years in service ran out and was replaced by an accountant, imagine an accountant heading a scientific agency( it has never happened)

It will this uproar that finally led to the substantive appointment of Prof Adeyeye

So you need to understand all the issues at play

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by winterfell007(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
sugarcoatedhoni:

Don't mind that fool you are quoting. He was just looking for a way to absolve Buhari's administration of its clear mal-administration. I could remember when Dr. Paul Orhii was invited to Washington DC during the Obama administration to talk more about the innovative TRUSCAN and how they can partner with them on it.
Since the guy left office, I wonder if that innovation left along with him?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by sugarcoatedhoni: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
winterfell007:

Don't mind that fool you are quoting. He was just looking for a way to absolve Buhari's administration of its clear mal-administration. I could remember when Dr. Paul Orhii was invited to Washington DC during the Obama administration to talk more about the innovative TRUSCAN and how they can partner with them on it.
Since the guy left office, I wonder if that innovation left along with him?

Thank you so much

How people come and make uninformed and misleading post online leaves me worried

He seems to me like one of these buhari zombies roaming Nairaland to cause confusion
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
sugarcoatedhoni:

Mobile Authentication System (MAS) is still working till this very minute and you call it cosmetic. An achievement that has outlive the past DG and you say its not sustainable? Something people are using everyday? The SMS thing like you called it is still working until now. You must be a joke.

Why were the labs WHO accredited in his time but not now, means he did the right things. NAFDAC is an institution, why didn't they keep up the standards?

Apart from the agency, if any other person is to be blamed, i will probably Buhari as he is lacking in vision, He allowed NAFDAC have an acting DG for over 7 months and we know people in acting capacity don't do much knowing they can leave at anytime.

It got so bad that the woman acted until her years in service ran out and was replaced by an accountant, imagine an accountant heading a scientific agency( it has never happened)

It will this uproar that finally led to the substantive appointment of Prof Adeyeye

So you need to understand all the issues at play

How many people have used the SMS thing that you know of?

How can a lab that was completed in 2015 become non functional in just under two years with terrible facilities? such facilities are supposed to last for a while.

About Buhari late appointment of a DG, he had a terrible economy deal with, how will he have thought that someone who spent most of her life in around NAFDAC won't make things work?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by sugarcoatedhoni: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:
How many people have used the SMS thing that you know of?

How can a lab that was completed in 2015 become non functional in just under two years with terrible facilities? such facilities are supposed to last for a while.

About Buhari late appointment of a DG, he had a terrible economy deal with, how will have thought One who spent most of her life in around NAFDAC won't make things work better?

Many people use it everyday

i also did just last week when i went to buy anti malaria for a friend

Walk into any Pharmacy and ask them the number of drugs with Mobile Authentication Service (MAS) and it will suprise you. You can do well to report back here

The lab was completed in 2013 and not 2015. all the equipment's there cannot be faulty, this your preferred woman is been economical with the truth.

To get WHO accreditation is no mean feat because they thoroughly checked all your equipment's according to their high standards(except you say WHO don't know their work)

So your question should be, How can Prof Adeyeye tell us a lab that was accredited by WHO less than 5 years ago suddenly have all faulty machines?

So buhari was dealing with the economy and forgot to appoint a substantive DG for a very important agency like NAFDAC.... Can you tell me the result of buhari dealing with the economy?
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
sugarcoatedhoni:

Many people use it everyday

i also did just last week when i went to buy anti malaria for a friend

Walk into any Pharmacy and ask them the number of drugs with Mobile Authentication Service (MAS) and it will suprise you. You can do well to report back here

The lab was completed in 2013 and not 2015. all the equipment's there cannot be faulty, this your preferred woman is been economical with the truth.

To get WHO accreditation is no mean feat because they thoroughly checked all your equipment's according to their high standards(except you say WHO don't know their work)

So your question should be, How can Prof Adeyeye tell us a lab that was accredited by WHO less than 5 years ago suddenly have all faulty machines?

So buhari was dealing with the economy and forgot to appoint a substantive DG for a very important agency like NAFDAC.... Can you tell me the result of buhari dealing with the economy?
Stop making bogus claims.

I have done a little search on the internet and I couldn't see where WHO accredited the facilities.

Secondly, I buy drugs from pharmaceuticals all the time and I haven't seen the SMS thing being used by anyone. I am not even sure if you have ever used it yourself.

Last but not the least, he didn't appoint anyone because someone was already in charge of the agency be it on a temporary basis.

And yes the economy has recovered, that is according to growth projections of the World bank & IMF not rumor mills of the opposition.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2018
toluleke:
Sometimes I find myself weeping for this country even people we thought will change the history and make things better are wolves in sheep clothing and [b]we are stocked between two parties cos the elites are afraid to vote and are left in the hands of the illiterate who just kind about the party names. 1[/b]00% internet voters but voting isn't done online
The bolded is not true. We have varieties of candidates to choose from but many of us have that mentality that it must be party A or B. Many of us have made up our mind not to give these persons a chance to show what they got especially the enlighten ones on this forum
Re: NAFDAC, A Shadow Of Itself Under Buhari by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
Mouth Gig:
GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT OSIBANJO

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

SAI BUHARI..
What have these men done to make sure NAFDAC perform better?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Plans To Intimidate 200 ‘uncooperative’ Judges, Wike Alleges / Nigerian Institute Of Journalism House Named After Isa Funtua / Zambarmari Massacre: Senate President, COS, Others Pay Condolence To Borno (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.