Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Shagari Passed Away. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shagari Passed Away. (842 Views)

Gov Aliyu Directs Immediate Renovation Of Ex-President Shagari's Burnt House / Death Of Shehu Shagari: Tambuwal, Nigerians React / Shehu Shagari Is Dead. Former President Dies At 93 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 3:51am On Dec 29, 2018
A former Nigerian President, Shehu Shagari, is dead.

Mr Shagari, 93, died Friday evening at the National Hospital Abuja after a brief illness.

The death of the elder statesman was announced by his grandson, Bello Shagari, via his Twitter handle.

Mr Shagari was elected president in 1979 and led Nigeria between 1979 and 1983 on the platform of the defunct National Party of Nigeria (NPN).

He was removed from office via a military coup in December 1983.

The coup plotters eventually named then Major General Muhammadu Buhari as the Head of State.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/303202-breaking-shehu-shagari-ex-nigerian-president-is-dead.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3127807443

Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 3:52am On Dec 29, 2018
Good news this new day.

Hope his successor will follow him soon in the new year.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 3:59am On Dec 29, 2018
alfaman3:
Good news this new day.

Haba. Respect the dead.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 4:02am On Dec 29, 2018
supereagle:

Haba. Respect the dead.

why?
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 5:34am On Dec 29, 2018
alfaman3:

why?

Saying good news that Shagari passed away ,if you don't like Buhari, keep it to yourself, many wished that he should die when he was sick, but God kept him alive, we don't query the wisdom, foreknowledge and the ways of God.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 5:44am On Dec 29, 2018
supereagle:

Saying good news that Shagari passed away ,if you don't like Buhari, keep it to yourself, many wished that he should die when he was sick, but God kept him alive, we don't query the wisdom, foreknowledge and the ways of God.

ok.
but why respect the dead?
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by Mynd44: 5:55am On Dec 29, 2018
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by danot1030: 6:15am On Dec 29, 2018
alfaman3:
Good news this new day.

May the new year gives you the same as you wish your fellow human, death is not by age.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 6:16am On Dec 29, 2018
danot1030:

May the new year gives you the same as you wish your fellow human, death is not by age.

you should go and learn grammar this new year.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by danot1030: 6:24am On Dec 29, 2018
alfaman3:

you should go and learn grammar this new year.

All the same may 2019 make your portion what you wish others including the death you wish your fellow human being
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 6:26am On Dec 29, 2018
danot1030:

All the same may 2019 make your portion what you wish others including the death you wish your fellow human being

Amen. May I die in 2019.

Are you happy now?
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by danot1030: 6:27am On Dec 29, 2018
alfaman3:

Amen. May I die in 2019.

Are you happy now?

RIH If you know the meaning
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 9:17am On Dec 29, 2018
alfaman3:

ok.
but why respect the dead?

It has been a saying of old either respect or say no evil if the dead because is no more to defend himself if evil is spoken of him. I hope I have helped my dear fellow NL.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 9:20am On Dec 29, 2018
Mynd44:
https://www.nairaland.com/4928877/former-president-nigeria-shehu-shagari

I searched before posting in order not to multiply, unfortunately I didn't see any.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by Christistruth00: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2018
The first Nigerian President to die Peacefully we thank Jesus for his life and for this National breakthrough.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 11:18am On Dec 29, 2018
supereagle:

It has been a saying of old either respect or say no evil if the dead because is no more to defend himself if evil is spoken of him. I hope I have helped my dear fellow NL.

Does this rule apply to bin laden and hitler?
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 11:19am On Dec 29, 2018
danot1030:

RIH If you know the meaning

Sorry, you have to explain. I didn't attend night school.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
alfaman3:

Does this rule apply to bin laden and hitler?
Titus 3:2 says , Speak evil of no man. Let's stop there. The word of God has the final say in my life.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 4:20am On Dec 30, 2018
supereagle:

Titus 3:2 says , Speak evil of no man. Let's stop there. The word of God has the final say in my life.

I can see that it says nothing about dead women. Why do you want to stop? My questions disturbing you?
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 7:12am On Dec 30, 2018
alfaman3:

I can see that it says nothing about dead women. Why do you want to stop? My questions disturbing you?

No, your question didn't disturb, I like making things clear to the people who want to be informed. Rather you didn't understand my direction of thought. You mentioned Hitler, to answer the question, I quoted that passage of the Bible that we should not say evil of anyone both man and woman included. Which is still in line with not saying evil of the dead. Again, John Wesley an holiness preacher said that we always read positive meaning to action of man. Which means we should not be critical of man's action, he may have a good reason for doing so which may be wrong in other people's eyes. Leave Hitler for God to judge, our own is don't say evil of anyone says the scriptures. In another place, it says," judge not " There was a story I had about Hitler, he imprisoned a preacher and the preacher had a vision where he saw Hitler standing judgement before God and he claimed that he didn't know that what he was doing was wrong, in the vision God told the man to warn him which he did, don't ask me if Hitler repented or not. If he repented God would forgive him the way he forgave one of the thieves on the cross. If he didn't repent ,he would not have any excuse in the final judgement day. I hope I have made it clear now.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 10:16am On Dec 30, 2018
supereagle:

No, your question didn't disturb, I like making things clear to the people who want to be informed. Rather you didn't understand my direction of thought. You mentioned Hitler, to answer the question, I quoted that passage of the Bible that we should not say evil of anyone both man and woman included. Which is still in line with not saying evil of the dead. Again, John Wesley an holiness preacher said that we always read positive meaning to action of man. Which means we should not be critical of man's action, he may have a good reason for doing so which may be wrong in other people's eyes. Leave Hitler for God to judge, our own is don't say evil of anyone says the scriptures. In another place, it says," judge not " There was a story I had about Hitler, he imprisoned a preacher and the preacher had a vision where he saw Hitler standing judgement before God and he claimed that he didn't know that what he was doing was wrong, in the vision God told the man to warn him which he did, don't ask me if Hitler repented or not. If he repented God would forgive him the way he forgave one of the thieves on the cross. If he didn't repent ,he would not have any excuse in the final judgement day. I hope I have made it clear now.

Yes. I understand you now. The only reason you shouldn't speak ill of the dead is to please God.
I was hoping there was some practical reason other than pleasing a deity who depends on my words to illuminate his day.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
alfaman3:

Yes. I understand you now. The only reason you shouldn't speak ill of the dead is to please God.
I was hoping there was some practical reason other than pleasing a deity who depends on my words to illuminate his day.

I love your choice of word, " to please God' may God continue to bless you, your wisdom forever.
May God bless Mynd44 for not closing the thread when he raised it that it has been opened earlier, he has allowed us to make clarification by not closing it.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
supereagle:

I love your choice of word, " to please God' may God continue to bless you, your wisdom forever.
May God bless Mynd44 for not closing the thread when he raised it that it has been opened earlier, he has allowed us to make clarification by not closing it.

Ha! You are afraid of a closed thread? Soldiers of Cryst and fear.

Well, you were barking up the wrong tree because I have absolutely no intention of pleasing God or doG or whatever it calls itself nowadays.

Infact my purpose is to make sure he is depressed by committing as much sin as possible. So, to add to his misery I will say this: i piss on all dead people.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2018
alfaman3:

Ha! You are afraid of a closed thread? Soldiers of Cryst and fear.

Well, you were barking up the wrong tree because I have absolutely no intention of pleasing God or doG or whatever it calls itself nowadays.

Infact my purpose is to make sure he is depressed by committing as much sin as possible. So, to add to his misery I will say this: i piss on all dead people.

If the thread is closed it will not remove anything from me. But to say you are not ready to please God, anyway He is your creator ,honour Him. If you piss on them as you said, you won't be here forever. People will piss on you as well.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by alfaman3: 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
supereagle:

If the thread is closed it will not remove anything from me. But to say you are not ready to please God, anyway He is your creator ,honour Him. If you piss on them as you said, you won't be here forever. People will piss on you as well.

Exactly!

So there is no real reason to respect the dead.
Re: Shagari Passed Away. by supereagle(m): 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
alfaman3:

Exactly!

So there is no real reason to respect the dead.
Don't say evil of them. If they wrote a will before they died ,honor the will, you have given them due respect.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Tribute To Shagari That Got Nigerians Talking...!! / Caption This New Photo Of Obasanjo And Atiku In Lagos Today / Wrong Expression: Governorship Or Gubernatorial Election? Which Is The Standard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.