Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? (622 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by EBUKA777: 8:35am On Dec 29, 2018
SHOULD TRUE CHRISTIANS PRAY OR FIGHT AGAINST THEIR ENEMIES?

By C.C Anaedu

For centuries, humans have battled or engaged in a fight against their human enemies. Many have extended this fight to unknown enemies of darkness of this world. We do not need to define who an enemy is, one thing is common among them, they all oppose ,attack, work evil against humans.

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY SAY ON HOW TO REACT OR RESPOND TO THIS ENEMIES?

From the time of old testament, Jehovah gave Moses the law, He specifically gave Israelites instructions on how to respond to anyone who fights, opposes, persecutes or attack or resist them.

(A) Exo. 20v18-27.
verse 24 says EYE FOR EYE, TOOTH FOR TOOTH, HAND FOR HAND, FOOT FOR FOOT, BURN FOR BURN, WOUND FOR WOUND, BLOW FOR BLOW.

(B) Leviticus 24v17-20
verse 20,
" FRACTURE FOR FRACTURE, EYE FOR EYE, TOOTH FOR TOOTH, THE SAME SORT OF INJURY HE INFLICTED SHOULD BE INFLICTED ON HIM"

(C) Deut.19v21
"YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL SORRY : LIFE WILL BE FOR LIFE, EYE FOR EYE, TOOTH FOR TOOTH, HAND FOR HAND, FOOT FOR FOOT".

(D) Exo. 22v18
" YOU MUST NOT ALLOW A SORCERER (WITCH) TO LIVE.

The above scriptures from the law of Moses have been the basis and foundations where those professing Christians around the world today use to pray, fight back against their enemies. But then, something happened, JESUS CHRIST, came and told us that he has come to fulfill the law of Moses. Matt. 5v17. Thus after fulfilling these laws, the Law of Moses was set aside, ended with the death of Jesus Christ.

Rom. 10v4
"FOR CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW, SO THAT EVERYONE EXERCISING FAITH MAY HAVE RIGHTEOUSNESS ".

Heb.7v12
"FOR SINCE THE PRIESTHOOD IS BEING CHANGED, IT BECAME NECESSARY TO CHANGE THE LAW AS WELL ".

The law of Moses that contains law of revenge, and fight against our enemies has been set aside, it has ended. Christians are no longer operating under the law of Moses but UNDER GRACE. Rom. 6v14, The law of Moses is the law of Sin and death. Rom. 8v1-3. The law of Moses has been changed with the law Grace.

WHAT DID JESUS TEACH HIS DISCIPLES ON HOW TO RESPOND TO OUR ENEMIES?

Matt. 5v38-39
"YOU HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS SAID: "EYE FOR EYE AND TOOTH FOR TOOTH'. HOWEVER, I SAY TO YOU :DO NOT RESIST THE ONE WHO IS WICKED, BUT WHOEVER SLAPS YOU ON YOUR RIGHT CHEEK, TURN THE OTHER ALSO TO HIM".

Matt. 5v43-45
"YOU HEARD THAT IT WAS SAID : 'YOU MUST LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AND HATE YOUR ENEMIES '. HOWEVER, I SAY TO YOU : CONTINUE TO LOVE YOUR ENEMIES AND TO PRAY FOR THOSE WHO PERSECUTE YOU, SO THAT YOU MAY PROVE YOURSELVES SONS OF YOUR FATHER WHO IS IN THE HEAVENS,..."

Luke 6v27-28
"BUT I SAY TO YOU WHO ARE LISTENING: CONTINUE TO LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, TO DO GOOD TO THOSE HATING YOU, TO BLESS THOSE CURSING YOU, TO PRAY FOR THOSE WHO ARE INSULTING YOU".

Jesus' words are very clear. Jesus taught us to love our enemies and persecutors, to pray for them not to pray against them, He taught us not to wish them bad or take revenge against them. Jesus taught us to bless our enemies and those cursing us. Those who pray and curse their enemies to die, those who pray against them, those who fight them or take revenge are simply not following Jesus Christ teachings and ARE NOT TRUE CHRISTIANS. Those who teach contrary to these teachings of Jesus are simply FALSE TEACHERS. See 2John v9-11, Matt. 7v15-23.

WHAT DID APOSTLES OF JESUS TEACH ON THIS?

Rom. 12v17-20
RETURN EVIL FOR EVIL TO NO ONE.... DO NOT AVENGE YOURSELVES, BELOVED, BUT YIELD PLACE FOR WRATH; FOR IT IS WRITTEN :"'VENGEANCE IS MINE; I WILL REPAY,' SAYS JEHOVAH'" BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM; IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO DRINK; FOR BY DOING THIS YOU WILL HEAP FIERY COALS ON HIS HEAD. "

Apostles of Jesus taught exactly what Jesus taught them. We can see it from Paul's letter to Romans. Those who are teaching contrary to this teach today, are they adhering to only on teachings of Christ? are they really true Apostles of Jesus, No, they are false teachers.

We can also observe Stephen, one of the Apostles of Jesus demonstrated this when he was persecuted to the point of death. Did he pray that God will punish his persecutors and kill them? "Then, kneeling down, he cried out with a strong voice : ''Jehovah, do not charge this sin against them." After saying this, he fell asleep in death".
Friends, it is by acquiring the accurate knowledge of the scriptures that we can know God's will, it is only when we know his will and do them that we can please him, and until we please Jehovah God, we cannot inherit his Kingdom.

_IF YOU ARE BLESSED BY THIS ARTICLE AND WISH TO STUDY THE BIBLE TO LEARN MORE ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE OF THE SCRIPTURES , FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE._
Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by tsephanyah(f): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2018
I’m not saying I’m gonna hold a grudge but I am gonna remember what a piece of crap you were and hate you for it until the day I die. Jehovah's mind when they try to forgive
Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
I’m not saying I’m gonna hold a grudge but I am gonna remember what a piece of crap you were and hate you for it until the day I die. Jehovah's mind when they try to forgive
grin
Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by hahn(m): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2018
If Jehovah has been unable to forgive Satan for his "sin" since the beginning of time then I don't see why Christians should forgive their enemies

If Jehovah can punish the descendants of Adam and Eve for eternity because they ate a fruit in a garden it could have easily hidden then I don't see why Christians should forgive their enemies.

If Jehovah can create a place full of torture and torment just so it can enjoy listening to billions of people scream in agony and enjoy the aroma of burnt flesh(suya) then I don't see why Christians should forgive their enemies.

Christians should emulate Jehovah and be jealous, hateful, vengeful, genocidal and even have their own room of torture for their enemies because that is what the lord does.

Be like god

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by EBUKA777: 10:45am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:

My dear, God's word is light and a lamp. When you accept God's word with openess of mind, you life will be illuminated and be full of light. My duty is to love you and pray for you to come to the truth. It is this truth that will set you free.Open your heart, Pick up your Bible are read all those scriptures in the article and you be glad at the end.
Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by EBUKA777: 11:15am On Dec 29, 2018
hahn:
If Jehovah has been unable to forgive Satan for his "sin" since the beginning of time then I don't see why Christians should forgive their enemies

If Jehovah can punish the descendants of Adam and Eve for eternity because they ate a fruit in a garden it could have easily hidden then I don't see why Christians should forgive their enemies.

If Jehovah can create a place full of torture and torment just so it can enjoy listening to billions of people scream in agony and enjoy the aroma of burnt flesh(suya) then I don't see why Christians should forgive their enemies.

Christians should emulate Jehovah and be jealous, hateful, vengeful, genocidal and even have their own room of torture for their enemies because that is what the lord does.

Be like god

Hello friend, Jehovah God is a loving Father. He is Love. Adam and Eve sinned, by He Jehovah still loves us. that was why He sent Jesus Christ down to come and use his life to purchase us back to himself. John 3v16. That is why He wants you to be saved.
Jehovah God did not create where disobedient humans will be alive in suffering forever. It was an invented doctrine. What exactly does the scripture teach on this?

(1) The wages of sin is death., not torment for Billions of years. Rom. 6v23

(2) For the one who has died has been freed, acquitted from his sin. No more punishment Rom. 6v7

(3) For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son and whoever believes in him shall not PERISH, DESRTOYED but shall have everlasting life. No more punishment after you are destroyed. John 3v16

(4) God told Adam: "...but the day you shall eat of the fruit of the tree, you shall DIE, DESTROYED. Not to put you somewhere where you will be suffering alive forever. Gen. 2v17

(5) God told Ezekiel, that the soul that sins shall DIE, DESTROYED. Not to be put somewhere where he will be alive in punishment forever. Ezek. 18v4,20.

(6) What is the meaning of Lake of fire stated in the book of Revelation 21v8, ,20v14, IT IS THE SECOND DEATH that will be experienced by those resurrected ones who were disobedient. They are the one's that will die the SECOND DEATH.

The Doctrine of immortality of soul in a place of suffering pains for ever is not a christian doctrine. It was invented by the ancient pagan Greek philosophers especially Plato in more than 432 years before even Jesus Christ.
Go and do a research about PLATO.
Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by hahn(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2018
EBUKA777:

Hello friend, Jehovah God is a loving Father. He is Love. Adam and Eve sinned, by He Jehovah still loves us. that was why He sent Jesus Christ down to come and use his life to purchase us back to himself. John 3v16. That is why He wants you to be saved.
Jehovah God did not create where disobedient humans will be alive in suffering forever. It was an invented doctrine. What exactly does the scripture teach on this?

(1) The wages of sin is death., not torment for Billions of years. Rom. 6v23

(2) For the one who has died has been freed, acquitted from his sin. No more punishment Rom. 6v7

(3) For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son and whoever believes in him shall not PERISH, DESRTOYED but shall have everlasting life. No more punishment after you are destroyed. John 3v16

(4) God told Adam: "...but the day you shall eat of the fruit of the tree, you shall DIE, DESTROYED. Not to put you somewhere where you will be suffering alive forever. Gen. 2v17

(5) God told Ezekiel, that the soul that sins shall DIE, DESTROYED. Not to be put somewhere where he will be alive in punishment forever. Ezek. 18v4,20.

(6) What is the meaning of Lake of fire stated in the book of Revelation 21v8, ,20v14, IT IS THE SECOND DEATH that will be experienced by those resurrected ones who were disobedient. They are the one's that will die the SECOND DEATH.

The Doctrine of immortality of soul in a place of suffering pains for ever is not a christian doctrine. It was invented by the ancient pagan Greek philosophers especially Plato in more than 432 years before even Jesus Christ.
Go and do a research about PLATO.

Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by flamingREED(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2018
I wanna' dvice you.
NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR ENEMIES LIGHTLY.
Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by MuttleyLaff: 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
EBUKA777:
SHOULD TRUE CHRISTIANS PRAY OR FIGHT AGAINST THEIR ENEMIES?

By C.C Anaedu

For centuries, humans have battled or engaged in a fight against their human enemies. Many have extended this fight to unknown enemies of darkness of this world. We do not need to define who an enemy is, one thing is common among them, they all oppose ,attack, work evil against humans.

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY SAY ON HOW TO REACT OR RESPOND TO THIS ENEMIES?

From the time of old testament, Jehovah gave Moses the law, He specifically gave Israelites instructions on how to respond to anyone who fights, opposes, persecutes or attack or resist them.

(A) Exo. 20v18-27.
verse 24 says EYE FOR EYE, TOOTH FOR TOOTH, HAND FOR HAND, FOOT FOR FOOT, BURN FOR BURN, WOUND FOR WOUND, BLOW FOR BLOW.

(B) Leviticus 24v17-20
verse 20,
" FRACTURE FOR FRACTURE, EYE FOR EYE, TOOTH FOR TOOTH, THE SAME SORT OF INJURY HE INFLICTED SHOULD BE INFLICTED ON HIM"

(C) Deut.19v21
"YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL SORRY : LIFE WILL BE FOR LIFE, EYE FOR EYE, TOOTH FOR TOOTH, HAND FOR HAND, FOOT FOR FOOT".

(D) Exo. 22v18
" YOU MUST NOT ALLOW A SORCERER (WITCH) TO LIVE.

The above scriptures from the law of Moses have been the basis and foundations where those professing Christians around the world today use to pray, fight back against their enemies. But then, something happened, JESUS CHRIST, came and told us that he has come to fulfill the law of Moses. Matt. 5v17. Thus after fulfilling these laws, the Law of Moses was set aside, ended with the death of Jesus Christ.

Rom. 10v4
"FOR CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW, SO THAT EVERYONE EXERCISING FAITH MAY HAVE RIGHTEOUSNESS ".

Heb.7v12
"FOR SINCE THE PRIESTHOOD IS BEING CHANGED, IT BECAME NECESSARY TO CHANGE THE LAW AS WELL ".

The law of Moses that contains law of revenge, and fight against our enemies has been set aside, it has ended. Christians are no longer operating under the law of Moses but UNDER GRACE. Rom. 6v14, The law of Moses is the law of Sin and death. Rom. 8v1-3. The law of Moses has been changed with the law Grace.

WHAT DID JESUS TEACH HIS DISCIPLES ON HOW TO RESPOND TO OUR ENEMIES?

Matt. 5v38-39
"YOU HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS SAID: "EYE FOR EYE AND TOOTH FOR TOOTH'. HOWEVER, I SAY TO YOU :DO NOT RESIST THE ONE WHO IS WICKED, BUT WHOEVER SLAPS YOU ON YOUR RIGHT CHEEK, TURN THE OTHER ALSO TO HIM".

Matt. 5v43-45
"YOU HEARD THAT IT WAS SAID : 'YOU MUST LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AND HATE YOUR ENEMIES '. HOWEVER, I SAY TO YOU : CONTINUE TO LOVE YOUR ENEMIES AND TO PRAY FOR THOSE WHO PERSECUTE YOU, SO THAT YOU MAY PROVE YOURSELVES SONS OF YOUR FATHER WHO IS IN THE HEAVENS,..."

Luke 6v27-28
"BUT I SAY TO YOU WHO ARE LISTENING: CONTINUE TO LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, TO DO GOOD TO THOSE HATING YOU, TO BLESS THOSE CURSING YOU, TO PRAY FOR THOSE WHO ARE INSULTING YOU".

Jesus' words are very clear. Jesus taught us to love our enemies and persecutors, to pray for them not to pray against them, He taught us not to wish them bad or take revenge against them. Jesus taught us to bless our enemies and those cursing us. Those who pray and curse their enemies to die, those who pray against them, those who fight them or take revenge are simply not following Jesus Christ teachings and ARE NOT TRUE CHRISTIANS. Those who teach contrary to these teachings of Jesus are simply FALSE TEACHERS. See 2John v9-11, Matt. 7v15-23.

WHAT DID APOSTLES OF JESUS TEACH ON THIS?

Rom. 12v17-20
RETURN EVIL FOR EVIL TO NO ONE.... DO NOT AVENGE YOURSELVES, BELOVED, BUT YIELD PLACE FOR WRATH; FOR IT IS WRITTEN :"'VENGEANCE IS MINE; I WILL REPAY,' SAYS JEHOVAH'" BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM; IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO DRINK; FOR BY DOING THIS YOU WILL HEAP FIERY COALS ON HIS HEAD. "

Apostles of Jesus taught exactly what Jesus taught them. We can see it from Paul's letter to Romans. Those who are teaching contrary to this teach today, are they adhering to only on teachings of Christ? are they really true Apostles of Jesus, No, they are false teachers.

We can also observe Stephen, one of the Apostles of Jesus demonstrated this when he was persecuted to the point of death. Did he pray that God will punish his persecutors and kill them? "Then, kneeling down, he cried out with a strong voice : ''Jehovah, do not charge this sin against them." After saying this, he fell asleep in death".
Friends, it is by acquiring the accurate knowledge of the scriptures that we can know God's will, it is only when we know his will and do them that we can please him, and until we please Jehovah God, we cannot inherit his Kingdom.

_IF YOU ARE BLESSED BY THIS ARTICLE AND WISH TO STUDY THE BIBLE TO LEARN MORE ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE OF THE SCRIPTURES , FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE._
You are not to partake in imprecatory prayers on human beings, especially when you know that Jesus said we should love and pray for our enemies

flamingREED:
I wanna' dvice you.
NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR ENEMIES LIGHTLY.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

1 Like

Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
Love your enemy and pray for their good. You never can tell, you might touch his heart and he will change for good. Leave the unrepentant enemy to God for vengeance is His.

Do your part by loving your enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Should True Christians Pray Or Fight Against Their Enemies? by EBUKA777: 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
flamingREED:
I wanna' dvice you.

NEVER EVER
TAKE YOUR ENEMIES
LIGHTLY.

I think you are missing the whole point here. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God? Do you believe that the words of Jesus is God's word for mankind? Do you believe that as a Christian it is only those who follow Jesus teachings that are in his Father's love? If your answers is yes, then i will rather not take your advice because it will make me not to please God. Yes, God's word is the best advice you can get.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Masturbation:the Greatest Demon On Earth. / Men Of God / See The RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Wire In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.