Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos (9012 Views)

Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped / Violated By Their Fathers, Why Some Men Sexually Abuse, Impregnate Own Daughters / "I Was Sexually Harassed By A Lady In The Office" - Nigerian Man Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by ultimatekint(m): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
did he penetrate,did he release,for how long,where you there?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by ednut1(m): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
Nawa
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by doctortq: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hello sir, i am sorry about your ordeal, but in my opinion it seems you are the one who appears fixated. The allegation you raised is a serious one and for that reason i have read through all your posts including the whatsapp chat with the NMA Chairman.
Whereas i am in noway making a judgement, but you accused the NMA Chairman of bias. However the whatsapp messages you generously posted does not reflect same.
Rather i observed the Chairman thanking you for your observation and for contacting him, he was also gracious to make available to you the chat with the doctor.
I know you may be emotional at the moment and i feel so sorry about it, however beyond that you need to sort what is right from what is not.

On the primary matter i suggest you contact the management of the hospital; i would have assumed that should have come to mind even before this broadcast.
Thanks for making the story available anyway.
Kindly see and write the Medical Director of the hospital if the NMA Chairman's intervention doesnt seem to comfort you.

Let me state clearly that i have not made a judgement on the sexually harassment issue, i have just made my opinion on the accusation of bias against the NMA chairman. And yes i am a Medical doctor, should that information be relevant here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Jerryembassy91(m): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
Keep quite. ..ripped off his job because of an allegation....shows ur IQ is low..
earthsync:
That doctor needs to be ripped off his job, how unprofessional.

2 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Cyntiawlush: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
This story is not adding up , nobody in his or her right senses will believe this ... hahaha how will a doctor take off your cloths just like that ,you and your brother must b very dumb ... looking for where to trend pls use the exit door ... ignorance will kill you one day .. lmao how can a person with common sense even say such a thing ... am sure you must b ugly ias Bleep in real life .. at 25 already going for hiv test ���� ... go and look for where to seat your dirty ass down ... the doctor was doing you a favor abs you wanna tarnish is image .... the wrath of God will visit you and your ignorant brother for trying to Tanish the doctors image .. Satan is no more in hell but walking on earth ... goats

2 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2018
fabiano09 your line of thinking on this subject matter is awesome. Am so glad for the perspective you have presented.

1 Like

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by dingbang(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2018
I was not there, I dont know what happened, so I can't judge. All I need is proof

1 Like

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by walex2(m): 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
take note of the following points
1 your sister went for an HIV test but from the report it also include STI
2 STI test must include breast examination 3 all your points are after thoughts, cos your sister is 25 and was she sleeping while the doctor was violating her as you claimed? then why not resisting it or raising her voice at that points
4 the NMA chairman did a good follow up to your inquiry but you made a wrong statement by saying he was taking side with the doctor
5 you have no case, please don't dent someone career as your sister was neither a virgin nor molested

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by nervorum: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
As expected, only a few reasonable comments.

Doctors and nurses are never liked. Let them learn to practice defensively.

As so many nairaland lawyers and activists have suggested, let the doctor be reported and/or sued, if she feels violated. The NMA should avail them all the reporting channels. Let the doctor also be ready to claim for willful defamation and wrong accusation if the allegation is proved wrong.

6 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by nervorum: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
walex2:
take note of the following points
1 your sister went for an HIV test but from the report it also include STI
2 STI test must include breast examination 3 all your points are after thoughts, cos your sister is 25 and was she sleeping while the doctor was violating her as you claimed? then why not resisting it or raising her voice at that points
4 the NMA chairman did a good follow up to your inquiry but you made a wrong statement by saying he was taking side with the doctor
5 you have no case, please don't dent someone career as your sister was neither a virgin nor molested

Dont mind the dumb school boy with his horde of nairaland-educated lawyers and activists.

He should be encouraged to take the matter further so the doctor can make example of them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by nervorum: 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
[quote author=earthsync post=74275493]That doctor needs to be ripped off his job, how unprofessional. [/quote

Did u read the post? Did you understand it?
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
This things happens from practitioners who lack self respect.
I hope he aces penalty so others will learn
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
the story has a lot of loopholes

who removed the top?

was she conscious /unconscious?

what attempt did she make to forestall it?

shouting/ rejectting etc

2 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:46am On Dec 30, 2018
fabiano09:
instead of them to go to the authorities ,they opened a new moniker to embarrass a doctor who may be innocent on social media,why is he anonymous ? why not use your real moniker,u just created that moniker yesterday ,if I was in your shoe I won't create a new moniker,I'll go straight to the Nigerian medical council,except there's an ulterior motive to tarnish someone's image
It seems you are the doctor or you m also abuse ladies sexually! See how you are defending the doctor so much like you were there.

1 Like

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by nelszx: 12:56am On Dec 30, 2018
ezugegere:
Your sister is educated but doesn't know the difference between hospital and lab? Do u go to a hospital to do test or lab?

GST 101
Read, understand, comprehend before replying

1 Like

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by SmallmebigGod: 1:09am On Dec 30, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:

It seems you are the doctor or you m also abuse ladies sexually! See how you are defending the doctor so much like you were there.

OK, I guess by his post he has 'sexually violated' you too like you sister up there. The Female gender and wrong accusations now a days, you guys will soon overdo it
Go and read the write up very well ,despite the sugar coating, it was clear the sister went for a consultation and not just test as she is claiming.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by bigsmoke2(m): 1:23am On Dec 30, 2018
No2SexViolence:
My Sister went to this hospital on 28/12/18 to have HIV & hepatitis tests. She had no complaints whatsoever as she was in a perfect physical state for a 25 year old lady that she is. She only wanted to know her status of these diseases for personal reasons. She was asked to open a hospital card and wait to be seen by a doctor.

She met with this doctor whose name is Bankole, and was expecting to get a pre-test counselling as is the usual practice after the doctor-patient interaction of history taking. The doctor however asked her to go lie down on the examination bed instead and without specifying what examination he was performing on her or why, he moved swiftly towards her, raised her gown up and started pressing her tommy. The door was locked. At this point, she wasn’t suspicious of anything yet as she only thought it was merely a doctor with bad bedside manners, but then, this doctor suddenly went further raising her blouse higher above her breasts, raised her bra and exposed her breasts all by himself! ''Oga'' doctor then asked her with a ''rapey dirty old man smile on his face’’ while squeezing her nipples if it was painful. There was nobody else in the room! At this point, my sister was so shocked and confused and didn’t know what to do. She described this incident graphically how she had never felt so violated before in her entire life. She has had HIV tests before and what she was expecting from this doctor was a pre-test counselling and education on HIV and hepatitis but she didn’t get any of that, because nipple examination was more important to this doctor. The way this doctor pounced on her intimidatingly and went to town on her breasts without warning despite her not complaining of any problems with her health or her breasts left her in trepidation. She felt helpless and sexually violated, such as no patient should ever feel after being seen by a doctor.

We started looking for ways to flag up this incident and lodge a formal complaint against this doctor, who possibly has been getting away with this kind of unprofessional behaviour. Unfortunately, we stumbled on Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) contact online to seek for advice and contacted the chairman, but without hearing the details of what happened, the Lagos state NMA chairman started defending this doctor and throwing tantrums, saying he has been disrespected and dared us to take it to wherever we like. He expressed no sympathy for the patient who has gone through this horrible ordeal in the hands of an unprofessional doctor, who should normally be a trusted custodian of the healthcare institution, but instead, Mr chairman turned himself into the victim.

Does anyone have an idea how to report this kind of incident and who to report to. Thanks. Please see the chats below.
I went through this write up and what I see here is a case of poor communication by the doctor and failure to use a chaperone. The doctor failed to communicate with his patients. He should have explained to patients the goal of checking her nipples . He also failed to use a chaperone This can be a challenge when you have over 100 patients to see and you are trying to see them all in the shortest possible time however inexcusable cuz now his career is on the line and it's her word against his . The reason why doctor checked your nipples was to see if you were lactating. Some women with brain tumors or hormonal imbalance may manifest production of breasts milk even when there is no pregnancy or baby to breastfeed. Such women might have challenges getting pregnant unless the issue is addressed. Only a person with such pre knowledge will understand the significance of checking the nipple during an examination. Because it's become routine for doctors they sometimes lose cognizance of the fact that the patient did not study medicine and may see it as a molestation attempt. This is why it is important to always carry the patient along explaining each step to patients why certain things are being done. And to always have a chaperone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by andyanders: 3:12am On Dec 30, 2018
An adult of about 25 yrs old was asked to lie down by the dr and she allowed him to be touching and squeezing her nipples and also opened her undies and she was there looking at him without asking him to stop goes to show that she was enjoying the whole act by the dr. Coming back home to say that she was violated by a dr doesn't sound right.

I am not saying here that she was not violated by the dr or not, but she allowed herself to be violated if she was right. She should have asked the dr to stop or scream if the dr turns violent.
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 3:31am On Dec 30, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:

no need to exchange banter with you because most gals are blockhead ,see how u reason na,so because am looking at things objectively that means I abuse ladies ,how shallow can you be dear woman ? what if someone comes to your parents and tell them that you are a prostitute or a thief when not at home,so your parents are supposed to condemn u immediately just because a stranger said so without proof ? come on be reasonable my dear,fair representation and hearing from both parties are the right things to do,don't worry some1 will accuse u for something u didn't do then that day u will know people have the ability to lie ,it's human nature

2 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by CityNGR: 3:42am On Dec 30, 2018
andyanders:
An adult of about 25 yrs old was asked to lie down by the dr and she allowed him to be touching and squeezing her nipples and also opened her undies and she was there looking at him without asking him to stop goes to show that she was enjoying the whole act by the dr. Coming back home to say that she was violated by a dr doesn't sound right.

I am not saying here that she was not violated by the dr or not, but she allowed herself to be violated if she was right. She should have asked the dr to stop or scream if the dr turns violent.
Pervert alert!!
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Aulerid(m): 5:34am On Dec 30, 2018
I think the best way is to write a petition and submit it to the management of the hospital. That will also means that the victim and her brother pushing have sufficient evidence beyond doubts. Words of mouth may not be accepted as they may be cooked up fables.
The brother should also note that it this case end up as a false accusation, he would be sued for character assassination
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Mightyify(m): 5:48am On Dec 30, 2018
I understand how you feel brother, but it seems the doctor must have thought or you sister asked for HIV and STI test which the latter requires breast examination. It was so bad of the doctor not to seek consent and most importantly not use chaperone.

To make a solid case you have to get the file just as the NMA chairman directed to know what your sister went for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by femi4: 6:25am On Dec 30, 2018
fabiano09:

victim blaming ? stop that trash bro,you've never been wrongly accused right ? I repeat no patient can tell the doctor how to do his job,u can refuse treatment but not dictate what the doctor does,first step the doctor asked for medical history ,also asked valid questions,then u proceed to the lab and get a wrong reading indicating high blood pressure ,which the sister admits herself ,and u expect the doctor not to probe further?? illiteracy is evil,see let me tell you ,u were not in the room,who knows what the state of mind of the girl was while answering questions ,who knows what she said,and don't tell me that rubbish that she just felt like checking her hiv and hepatitis ,she would never be allowed to waste a doctor's time ,we all know how inefficient hospitals are in naija,a lab technician and counsellor will check u if you request for just routine hiv test.
Shut up! This is internet age. Virtually every procedure on how diverse test are carried out is on the web even medication for diagnosed illness
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by emeka2847: 7:37am On Dec 30, 2018
I think it is mischievous of you to delete your sister's name throughout while circulating the name of the doctor that you are accusing. What mischief!

No2SexViolence:
My Sister went to this hospital on 28/12/18 to have HIV & hepatitis tests. She had no complaints whatsoever as she was in a perfect physical state for a 25 year old lady that she is. She only wanted to know her status of these diseases for personal reasons. She was asked to open a hospital card and wait to be seen by a doctor.

She met with this doctor whose name is Bankole, and was expecting to get a pre-test counselling as is the usual practice after the doctor-patient interaction of history taking. The doctor however asked her to go lie down on the examination bed instead and without specifying what examination he was performing on her or why, he moved swiftly towards her, raised her gown up and started pressing her tommy. The door was locked. At this point, she wasn’t suspicious of anything yet as she only thought it was merely a doctor with bad bedside manners, but then, this doctor suddenly went further raising her blouse higher above her breasts, raised her bra and exposed her breasts all by himself! ''Oga'' doctor then asked her with a ''rapey dirty old man smile on his face’’ while squeezing her nipples if it was painful. There was nobody else in the room! At this point, my sister was so shocked and confused and didn’t know what to do. She described this incident graphically how she had never felt so violated before in her entire life. She has had HIV tests before and what she was expecting from this doctor was a pre-test counselling and education on HIV and hepatitis but she didn’t get any of that, because nipple examination was more important to this doctor. The way this doctor pounced on her intimidatingly and went to town on her breasts without warning despite her not complaining of any problems with her health or her breasts left her in trepidation. She felt helpless and sexually violated, such as no patient should ever feel after being seen by a doctor.

We started looking for ways to flag up this incident and lodge a formal complaint against this doctor, who possibly has been getting away with this kind of unprofessional behaviour. Unfortunately, we stumbled on Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) contact online to seek for advice and contacted the chairman, but without hearing the details of what happened, the Lagos state NMA chairman started defending this doctor and throwing tantrums, saying he has been disrespected and dared us to take it to wherever we like. He expressed no sympathy for the patient who has gone through this horrible ordeal in the hands of an unprofessional doctor, who should normally be a trusted custodian of the healthcare institution, but instead, Mr chairman turned himself into the victim.

Does anyone have an idea how to report this kind of incident and who to report to. Thanks. Please see the chats below.
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Kemyem: 7:40am On Dec 30, 2018
Some doctors are just perverts.... A doctor once tried this with me once wen i went for check up, kept asking irrelevant questions... I managed to escape his office but i didn't report the incident, who would have believed me? The doctor was well loved in the hospital and he is married also... He is still at the hospital presently, it's been three years now...
Though, I have not seen him since then.... I just stopped going to that hospital cha...
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 30, 2018
femi4:
Shut up! This is internet age. Virtually every procedure on how diverse test are carried out is on the web even medication for diagnosed illness
only an illiterate starts a conversation with an insult ,you don't deserve my time.
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by BrokenCock: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2018
No2SexViolence:

Does anyone have an idea how to report this kind of incident and who to report to. Thanks.
...first google 'berekete family, ordinary president, ahmed isah '

Step 2:i will assume u understand who the man is in abuja, he fights for justice. I cud give u the human rights radio contact nos if u want.
Believe me, justice will be served. Most reasonable doctors examine ladies in the presence of two female nurses tho
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by BrokenCock: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2018
emeka2847:
I think it is mischievous of you to delete your sister's name throughout while circulating the name of the doctor that you are accusing. What mischief!

see this upcoming pervert oh! U wan to look for her n tk advantage too abi? Mtcheeeew
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by BrokenCock: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2018
Emzyme:
the story has a lot of loopholes

who removed the top?

was she conscious /unconscious?

what attempt did she make to forestall it?

shouting/ rejectting etc
Irrelevant questions. Let a lawyer do the job abeg
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by BrokenCock: 11:28am On Dec 30, 2018
andyanders:

mumu! Shut up!!
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by BrokenCock: 11:34am On Dec 30, 2018
Soo many useless comments just 'crying over spilled milk ' like the cry will unspill the milk.
Reasonable once here are few giving solutions while bastardz wt perverted mindset are yanning rust.

@ op, locate servicom or Consumer Protection Council or best human rights or berekete family

You could google out their nos and relay the matter to them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rape Isn't Always Criminal / Two Arrested With $250,000, Gold Nuggets Worth N34 Million / Father Accused Me Of Witchcraft, Bathed Me With Acid (WARNING:disturbing Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.