Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Jaguar S Type 2002 Model - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Jaguar S Type 2002 Model (938 Views)

Clean 2004 Jaguar S Type For Urgent Sale. / Registered Jaguar S-type 2002 Model Available @500k / Jaguar S-type 2.5 V6 Automatic Ash @ 600k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hello.. Please I need counsel on the purchase of a used jaguar s-type from a friend's car stand. I have actually used the car for over a month. No issues apart from the gear selector cable which I knew was bad before taking it. I changed the selector cable and car performs normal.. I did enjoy the ride on my 7hours journey to my home town with AC on.. No sign of overheating.. with all the portholes I entered, the car served me to & fro without stoppage.. Please house buying this car @800k, is it a good buy? Also, are the parts available? Is the maintenance cost extra-high?? Can a resident of Abuja easily get a mechanic to fix this car? Also, should parts like Engine/gear box gets bad, can one get a replacement in Nigeria?? Please kindly advise so your Brother won't be lost... Thanks
Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by EggSauce(m): 3:14am On Dec 30, 2018
86Vision:
Hello.. Please I need counsel on the purchase of a used jaguar s-type from a friend's car stand. I have actually used the car for over a month. No issues apart from the gear selector cable which I knew was bad before taking it. I changed the selector cable and car performs normal.. I did enjoy the ride on my 7hours journey to my home town with AC on.. No sign of overheating.. with all the portholes I entered, the car served me to & fro without stoppage.. Please house buying this car @800k, is it a good buy? Also, are the parts available? Is the maintenance cost extra-high?? Can a resident of Abuja easily get a mechanic to fix this car? Also, should parts like Engine/gear box gets bad, can one get a replacement in Nigeria?? Please kindly advise so your Brother won't be lost... Thanks
https://www.edmunds.com/jaguar/s-type/2002/consumer-reviews/

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Glorylynn: 8:46am On Dec 30, 2018
Bro don’t try it,you might be enjoying it now but when the issues starts showing up my brother you go hate yourself o.
What are the 4 basic things you should consider before buying a car?
1)fuel economy
2)car durability
3)availability of spare parts:the parts must be everywhere readily available,not the one that your mechanic has to travel to Ladipo market in Lagos before they get the part,this even gives mechanics opportunity of extorting you.
4)resale value/second hand value:you should buy a car that can be easily marketed,don’t be deceived bro you would be disappointed if you put this car for resale.
Inconclusion:my humble advice for you is to go for a toyota,or a Volkswagen golf3 or Volkswagen vento with the range of money you have.
Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Zzyco: 9:45am On Dec 30, 2018
Bro jag is the deal. I make use of Jaguar infact i have two currently. This car will serve you to ur satisfaction, when ever i am travelling it cruises like a plane with the J gate gear. The only maintenance needed is normal service, change your break pad which your mechanic can handle. Solid car it a rear gem.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Zzyco: 9:47am On Dec 30, 2018
Glorylynn:
Bro don’t try it,you might be enjoying it now but when the issues starts showing up my brother you go hate yourself o.
What are the 4 basic things you should consider before buying a car?
1)fuel economy
2)car durability
3)availability of spare parts:the parts must be everywhere readily available,not the one that your mechanic has to travel to Ladipo market in Lagos before they get the part,this even gives mechanics opportunity of extorting you.
4)resale value/second hand value:you should buy a car that can be easily marketed,don’t be deceived bro you would be disappointed if you put this car for resale.
Inconclusion:my humble advice for you is to go for a toyota,or a Volkswagen golf3 or Volkswagen vento with the range of money you have.
Are you buying a car to resale or to serve you. I have use Jag for 5 years with no issues. This is the official car of Queen of England.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
Thanks bro.. my only concern from your point is part availability as am really not bothered about second hand value cos no intentions of resale if I must own it. The fuel economy is great for a v6 engine like it.. I have used Siena, highlander, escape,eod and golf3, my experiences with these cars apart from the highlander and ford in terms of durability was really not good. So my concern with Jag is part availability. It's a unique ride with much prestige and good balance on speed... am not an everyday car user....
Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
cool cool
Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
I just feel it would make a reliable ride... depite my rough handling of this car, it showed no sign of issues.. it's unlike the other Japanese brands.. would check for common issues with this ride... thanks boss
Zzyco:
Bro jag is the deal. I make use of Jaguar infact i have two currently. This car will serve you to ur satisfaction, when ever i am travelling it cruises like a plane with the J gate gear. The only maintenance needed is normal service, change your break pad which your mechanic can handle. Solid car it a rear gem.
Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
EggSauce:
https://www.edmunds.com/jaguar/s-type/2002/consumer-reviews/

Reviews speak well of the car... my concern is part availability & ease of repair in Nija. .. any idea Sir?
Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by EggSauce(m): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
86Vision:

Reviews speak well of the car... my concern is part availability & ease of repair in Nija. .. any idea Sir?
parts are readily available sir.... just make sure the engine and gearbox is ok ... don't listen to that Toyota fanboy up there...
Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Glorylynn: 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
Bro it’s not a matter of Toyota fan or not,I am talking generally because I was born into car dealership so I know much about these cars,I could remember a friend of mine bought the junior model of this jaguar,I drove the car and I loved it,my friend also enjoyed the car for like 2months,I swear the car is been parked till now.ever imagine why these cars are cheap in Nigeria?
Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Zzyco: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
86Vision:

Bro i ve told you that a good mechanic that can fix Benz and other European cars (cars with battery in the rear) can maintain your jag as for parts it readily available.
Btw i drive my jaq in convoy's, i will still ship other models for my use. I can't come and be dragging space with this Japanese boys grin

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by Glorylynn: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
Can you imagine you guys already gave me name grin Japanese boy,it’s not as if we are saying these cars are not good,of course if you have a good mechanic and you are sure you can get the parts easily around you then it’s fine,but for me I cannot drive a car that I can’t tap my finger and get a replacement of a damaged part.
@buyer 1)how many years has the person been using the car before deciding to sell it of?

2)Why did the owner decide to sell it since it’s an authentic machine and queens official car as proclaimed?
Re: Jaguar S Type 2002 Model by RZArecta2(m): 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
86Vision:
Thanks bro.. my only concern from your point is part availability as am really not bothered about second hand value cos no intentions of resale if I must own it. The fuel economy is great for a v6 engine like it.. I have used Siena, highlander, escape,eod and golf3, my experiences with these cars apart from the highlander and ford in terms of durability was really not good. So my concern with Jag is part availability. It's a unique ride with much prestige and good balance on speed... am not an everyday car user....
if parts hard you, shop online or call aunty radautoworks (if in Lagos) to handle maintenance

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BMW 328 Xi 2007/08 Fulloption Toks...3.3m / Cleanest Naija Used Corolla 2005 / Manual Toyota Picnic In Perfect Condition At A Give 680

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.