Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,197 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan (992 Views)

What's The Slogan Of Your University? / Adamawa Students Protest ASUU Strike, Hands FG No-lecture-no-vote Threat / NO Lecture No Vote Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by YossyInfo(f): 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
A student, identified as Yusuf Nurudeen(Omomeewa) has given an analytical critique of the rising slogan among Nigerian students, NO LECTURE NO VOTE, which is a reaction to the on going ASUU strike and the failure of the federal government to resolve with ASUU leaders after several meetings.

Read more @
https://yossyinfo..com/2018/12/no-lecture-no-vote-student-critiques.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
This is serious.
Valid points from Mr. Yusuf; if only our govt has listening ears

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by YossyInfo(f): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
I agree with you
Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
We could start a trend here And Twitter...No Lectures No vote

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by YossyInfo(f): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
@ejibaba, I like you. How can we start
Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 30, 2018
ejibaba:
We could start a trend here And Twitter...No Lectures No vote

A trend was created, #endAsuuStrike but those that are supposed to fuel it as busy defending public universities on #privateVspublicUni

---------
MrRoyal

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:04am On Dec 30, 2018
Coming from southerner students. Your Northerner counterpart will even vote twice if you fail to exercise your franchise. like seriously, you think the present government would address this ASUU strike so that a southerner could vote? I seriously share different opinion. Use your pvc and effect the necessary changes if any.

3 Likes

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by nonnyboy1: 8:27am On Dec 30, 2018
that's if your vote has been counting

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 30, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
Coming from southerner students. Your Northerner counterpart will even vote twice if you fail to exercise your franchise. like seriously, you think the present government would address this ASUU strike so that a southerner could vote? I seriously share different opinion. Use your pvc and effect the necessary changes if any.

You think we can have a free, fair and credible election in Nigeria?
I doubt

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:46am On Dec 30, 2018
Harbioye:

You think we can have a free, fair and credible election in Nigeria? I doubt
Lols. Yes we do have. Your power lies in your pvc not boycotting election.

2 Likes

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 30, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Lols. Yes we do have. Your power lies in your pvc not boycotting election.

Do you reside in Nigeria?
If yes, then I don't think you've been following Nigeria politics CLOSELY

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 9:08am On Dec 30, 2018
Harbioye:

I live and as well school in Nigeria. Help tell me that knowledge of Nigerian politics that is obviously eluding me. I want to be your student for the meantime.

2 Likes

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 30, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

I live and as well school in Nigeria. Help tell me that knowledge of Nigerian politics that is obviously eluding me. I want to be your student for the meantime.

This is not a teacher-student lecture.
The fact is our VOTE doesn't count. The highest rigger ends up winning the election.
Take for instance, Osun state

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 10:00am On Dec 30, 2018
Harbioye:

This is not a teacher-student lecture.
The fact is our VOTE doesn't count. The highest rigger ends up winning the election.
Take for instance, Osun state

Using Osun gubernatorial election as a case study here, one can easily see why pvc is more than important. Are you aware APC had to use intelligence in defeating PDP without taking recourse to rigging with the power of the electorate? If your pvc does not matter, tell me why APC instead of rigging resort to enticing Omisoro or whatever is his name with his supporters to their side.Baba,let no one deceive you, your pvc can do and undo.

Tell me why politicians spend huge sum of money on the electorate(Vote buying) if they don't acknowledge the importance of our pvc?

2 Likes

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Using Osun gubernatorial election as a case study here, one can easily see why pvc is more than important. Are you aware APC had to use intelligence in defeating PDP without taking recourse to rigging with the power of the electorate? If your pvc does not matter, tell me why APC instead of rigging resort to enticing Omisoro or whatever is his name with his supporters to their side.Baba,let no one deceive you, your pvc can do and undo.

Tell me why politicians spend huge sum of money on the electorate(Vote buying) if they don't acknowledge the importance of our pvc?

I need to get this clear b4 I drop my pen

Are you in anyway trying to say that vote buying is not part of rigging an election?

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:00am On Dec 30, 2018
Harbioye:

I need to get this clear b4 I drop my pen

Are you in anyway trying to say that vote buying is not part of rigging an election?

I'm only stating the importance of your pvc. If you love your pvc, you won't allow anybody to buy it over with money. And the mere fact that Our politicians now solicit for the help of our pvc shows their success at the polls is closed linked with our voting power. The onus of guiding our pvc lies on us! No politician will force you with his money to vote for him or her. You can choose to aid election rigging by accepting their money or not but all these just connote one thing which is the supremacy of your pvc over any other thing.

2 Likes

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 30, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

I'm only stating the importance of your pvc. If you love your pvc, you won't allow anybody to buy it over with money. And the mere fact that Our politicians now solicit for the help of our pvc shows their success at the polls is closed linked with our voting power. The onus of guiding our pvc lies on us! No politician will force you with his money to vote for him or her. You can choose to aid election rigging by accepting their money or not but all these just connote one thing which is the supremacy of your pvc over any other thing.

Well taken
Good morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2018
Harbioye:

Well taken Good morning
Morning boss man

2 Likes

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
Harbioye:
This is serious.
Valid points from Mr. Yusuf; if only our govt has listening ears
Dem go listen since election non far

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
Harbioye:

There is power in PVC. Haven't you wonder why many politicians now buy votes instead of rigging at the poll. Many have lost cases because of this hence I advice you use your PVC well

1 Like

Re: No Lecture No Vote: Student Critiques Slogan by OmOmeewa19: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
I appreciate the debate so far around the post, especially the critique on boycotting election. I must add with all emphasis, our pvc is our power we either decide what to do with it.

While I recognize that important of voting in an election, I think we should not elude ourselves of the fact that the two leading candidates in the next general election has no planned of funding education adequately. Atiku has come out clear with his idea of privatising the public university. Same with buhari by the proposal of wale Balakin led fed govt negotiation team.

Therefore, even if we vote there is no serious commitment that will come from it until we struggle. I agree we might need to review the slogan but what is inevitable is the struggle for the implementation of all of the programs of demands there in.

Yes, we should put to media, but I insist that we must have serious conversations on it and agreeing to what the slogan should be and what the demands are.

We have a group on WhatsApp where we can further the discussion on what need to be done.

Thanks kindly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Olabisi Onabanjo University, Post-utme 2019/2020 / ANAN Or Masters : Please Help, A Nairalander Needs Help / Your Guide To Get Started With CMA Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.