Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert (27176 Views)

Mr Ibu: I Died And Woke Up After 4 Days - John Okafor / Omotola Amazingly Transforms The Home Of A Widow In 4 Days (photos) / Uriel Oputa Wanted To Look Like Beyonce To The Headies - See Results (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Made4naijablog: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
Davido has taken to his Instagram page to speak on his recently held concert in Lagos state, saying people wanted to see him fail.

The award-winning singer shared some details surrounding his recently held concert, Davido Live in Concert.

He talked about the issues concerning the venue change and may have subtly touched on the controversy with Kizz Daniel’s manager. See what he wrote below;

We only had 12 days to sell tickets and put this Show together! They tried to block me from all avenues !! Left, right and center !! People wanted to see David Fail!

When I came in this industry about 8 years ago at just 17 all I wanted was my video to be played on TV even if it’s only once! From the first time, my first video ‘Back When’ ever played on television till now I haven’t failed!

Don’t get me wrong we’ve cut it close so many times but God always finds a way to save me!. What haven’t they said about David ?? Ehn ?? 6 days before the show they made us switch the venue from Oceanview Grounds to Eko Atlantic

after plenty of preparation and flyers, billboards TV and radio ads, everything! 4 days before this show I was sued by someone (won’t say who) trying to stop my show just because I wouldn’t work with them anymore and wanted to try and do the show by myself. After spending millions!

They said the name ‘City of Davido’ is their idea and because of that I shouldn’t do any show with my own name on the 27th of December. I said Bleep a distraction. How much will it cost to change the name on everything?! Do I have that? Yes! We MOVE!

I changed the name from ‘City of Davido’ to ‘DAVIDO live in concert’. Printed thousands of new tickets! Hundreds of new billboard banners ! LED boards ALL! They STILL went to court 2 days to showday to try and stop the show!! But my God is bigger than them! We beat that shit!

My joy is never to just see myself win but to see other people win. Put people on, put smiles on the faces.. that’s my own joy! Every time I WIN they act like they are blind ! If it’s the other way round Dem go open their Okponu eye like fowl!

WE RISE BY LIFTING OTHERS which I have always done !!! Thank you to all the artists and performers that came through for me and everyone that helped me put this show together!

Thank you to my lawyer, my manager my ever supportive Father and God! In just days we sold the Bleep out ! Over sold sef !!

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/2018/12/people-wanted-to-see-me-fail-i-was-sue-4-days-to-my-concert-davido-reveals/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Made4naijablog: 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2018
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by oluwatosink: 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
cool
Nice cheesy

1 Like

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Ausken(m): 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
lol
Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
Davido, your immature attitude is pulling you down.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by sunnymix: 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2018
story time..

18 Likes

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2018
So we should feel sorry for u for having incompetent management? cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by celebgistz: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lol
Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by queensera(f): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
mynairaland2018:
So we should feel sorry for u for having incompetent management? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
Like for Wizkid

Share for Davido

63 Likes 165 Shares

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by boomssey(f): 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
Mtchewwwwww! Ko kan aiye!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Sunofgod(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
Liar

1 Like

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by MobileGees: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
let me point something out to you guys,

WizKid isn't proud it's Davido that is the proud one

You need to observe carefully before you notice

and let me bust your bubbles the write up wasn't written by him na Peruzzi write am cheesy

if you know you know grin

24 Likes

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by tossie101(f): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
It's still ur yoruba brothers they are pained for the fact that you dumped 2 smelly YORUBA gals and went for classy igbo girl .

Who no like better thing?

5 Likes

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Kenekingisback: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
Buhari sef

1 Like

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by babyfaceafrica: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
and so?
Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Rotimi47: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
Na test run, dem never start grin

1 Like

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by CarlosTheJackal: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
:o8
Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
Make dem no go waste this guy like Damoche o...i af talk my own o
Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by sukerefakere(m): 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
embarassed
Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by millionboi2: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
Bcoz of ur stupidity

1 Like

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by melodyogonna(m): 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
BlacSmit:
Davido, your immature attitude is pulling you down.
He doesn't look like someone being pulled down to me, maybe it was in ya dream?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Vinstel: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
Kizz Daniel and crew follow for the ungrateful twats

1 Like

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by naturefellow(m): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
Neatly used Nikon CoolPix S3500

Compact Camera Description - Silver, 20.1MP, 7x Zoom, Superb Battery life (rechargeable), Slim design.

Comes with pouch

N10,000 only

Location - Lagos

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by goat22: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
all this money should be used to build industries and businesses for goats.

1 Like

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by wisdomremz(m): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
BornnAgainChild:
Like for Wizkid
Share for Davido

don't carry this attitude to 2019

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Modupex(f): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
We rise by lifting others

6 Likes

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by sukerefakere(m): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
Nonsense and

8 Likes

Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Peteryt01: 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
ItzBIM:
The people that destroyed ur past can’t guarantee your future.

Let’s take it back
Gbam!
Re: Davido: People Wanted To See Me Fail, I Was Sued 4 Days To My Concert by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
You’re a bastard . Davido

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lolade Abuta Marries Gboyega Lopez At Ikoyi Registry (Finally!) / Coco Ice: Why I Smoke, BBNaija Is A Huge Platform And I Am Riding On The Waves" / Eva Alordiah Responds To Crash Of Her 15-Month-Old Engagement Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.