Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos (30721 Views)

Ex-Minister, Mbazulike Amaechi Is Dead / Olusegun Obasanjo, Peter Obi Meet At Lagos Airport / Nigeria Unfair To Mbazulike Amaechi – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by jesmond3945: 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Atiku released a 168 page policy document. Buhari has not released a single document. Atiku should have an edge once everybody in the grassroot get a copy of this document. I dont think he needs to be in people face. Correct?
you don't nigerian politics what wins election is the man on the street who goes out to vote and rig for the politician not the intellectuals who stay in their homes on election day.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
immhotep:

Receive sense

Do you know I as a non Igbo have a greater chance to lead Igbos politically than Igbos?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by jesmond3945: 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
Vtrd:

Peter should be doing something in Lagos, but I think he is trying to cement the home support first.
The votes there are critical.

As the election draws near when atiku finishes his campaign in the north, I hope they will launch a sustained campaign in the Lagos to get as much votes as possible.
for how long, how many times have you seen him with other pdp governors even in the south east strategizing? Atiku is a hero, he is doing this alone without any support even i heard obi is not even bringing money to the campaign claiming his account was blocked. Atiku made a big mistake that would cost him this election.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by biztip: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
obi our next vp
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by ImperialYoruba: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
Vtrd:

Peter is the candidate. And would resonate better with voters than fayose.

Does Peter have a voting bloc in Lagos?

Im glad you guys are beginning to see the misjudgement of Atiku.

He committed two big blunders and i think you are highlighting one of them.

One, even if he would pick a SE for VP, pick one with broad acceptance outside SE.

Two, if you would pick a campaign coordinator for SW, pick one that will win votes.

Fayose is a wrong one to assign coordination. He is in PDP but not in Atiku camp. He has toned down rhetoric since loosing immunity, plus he was not happy that PDP ignored loyalists and went for party defectors. Atiku is a defector. Then Atiku also ignored picking loyalists for VP and instead picked Obi, defector from APGA.

Naturally certain PDP loyalists are pissed! They might not work against Atiku....but I doubt they are enthusiastically behind him .

Anyone telling you Atiku will win or get beyond 20% in SW is lying to you. He will be lucky to get 15%.

We have studied all these factors and are reassured that Atiku has lost.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by ImperialYoruba: 12:10am On Dec 30, 2018
jesmond3945:
you don't nigerian politics what wins election is the man on the street who goes out to vote and rig for the politician not the intellectuals who stay in their homes on election day.

So then who does his 168 page book help? Wasnt that an unecessary diversion, a waste and what Buhari meant that his campaign lacks traction?

As bad as economy is and unemployment is Atiku should not be struggling to convince the electorate. He is finding it very hard to get converts.

He left the economy and unemployment brand, which is his cardinal strength to battle Buhari, ....and now crossed over to Buhari's own cardinal quadrant of war against corruption... How is Atiku going to win a campaign of anti-corruption? He is giving Buhari a tailwind to fly when he starts talking about Buhari family is corrupt. Thats dangerous platform for Atiku....very vulnerable spot.

He is jumping from one message to another, flip-flopping. Not good, less than 50days to poll. grin
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Citizen0(m): 12:12am On Dec 30, 2018
Apc Buhari govt has failed, Atiku/Obi has better concept to tackle Nigerian problem.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by ImperialYoruba: 12:15am On Dec 30, 2018
Okoyeeebos:

Do you know I as a non Igbo have a greater chance to lead Igbos politically than Igbos?

We have pumped this message into their head several times that they are lucky we are not as interested in SE as they are in SW. The day Yoruba begin to buy one way tickets and fill Igbehin Adun, T'Oluwa lase and Tawakalitu buses to flood East, Ibo will have a new political master that day. grin. We will forever transform politics in SE.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by ChidiAlaigbo: 12:16am On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:
Obi my man....

U have work to do...

Clearing buhari's mess.

Hmmmm

Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by ImperialYoruba: 12:22am On Dec 30, 2018
jesmond3945:
for how long, how many times have you seen him with other pdp governors even in the south east strategizing? Atiku is a hero, he is doing this alone without any support even i heard obi is not even bringing money to the campaign claiming his account was blocked. Atiku made a big mistake that would cost him this election.

Alhaji is not telling anybody this, he is already studying events and taking notes to use in 2023 Presidency run.

Don't be surprised to hear he has joined APGA after he looses all his court challenges against APC in 2019.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by berrystunn(m): 12:22am On Dec 30, 2018
kolnel:
Obasanjo is not relevant in his home town
Even In His ward

The south west didn’t vote for him in 1999
We knew he had nothing to offer
South west politics is always different

I pity those from other tribe who thinks he's a king maker

They will surely be disappointed

Febuhari 2019

Read facts

Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 30, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

We have pumped this message into their head several times that they are lucky we are not as interested in SE as they are in SW. The day Yoruba begin to buy one way tickets and fill Igbehin Adun, T'Oluwa lase and Tawakalitu buses to flood East, Ibo will have a new political master that day. grin. We will forever transform politics in SE.

I have a nagging feeling. I may be wrong though, but it's a feeling.

Atiku didn't make a mistake choosing Peter Obi, it is deliberate.
He didn't make a mistake sobbing SE Guvs, it's deliberate.
Ekweremadu is crying without anyone to pet him, it is deliberate.
He didn't make a mistake choosing Fayose in the SW, it is deliberate.
He isn't making a mistake by running a haphazard campaign, it is deliberate.

He's simply helping APC line all PDP's ducks in a row so that Buhari and APC can blast them all.

If Saraki, Dankwambo or Tambuwal had been allowed to run, they would have been more disastrous to Buhari. Saraki in particular had to be stopped in his tracks cos he was already taking the Presidency head on and having massive national support.

Atiku's candidacy has done more harm than good to PDP's chances and I hate to think that someone somewhere promised Atiku 2023 slot to play a Modu Sheriff on PDP and stunt PDP's chances in 2019.

PDP would lose in the North, that is sure. The idea is to castrate PDP in the south.

If you doubt me, ask PDP in Lagos how Tinubu controls them from outside. Same thing he did to Demola Seriki, Salvador and others.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by jesmond3945: 1:13am On Dec 30, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

So then who does his 168 page book help? Wasnt that an unecessary diversion, a waste and what Buhari meant that his campaign lacks traction?

As bad as economy is and unemployment is Atiku should not be struggling to convince the electorate. He is finding it very hard to get converts.

He left the economy and unemployment brand, which is his cardinal strength to battle Buhari, ....and now crossed over to Buhari's own cardinal quadrant of war against corruption... How is Atiku going to win a campaign of anti-corruption? He is giving Buhari a tailwind to fly when he starts talking about Buhari family is corrupt. Thats dangerous platform for Atiku....very vulnerable spot.

He is jumping from one message to another, flip-flopping. Not good, less than 50days to poll. grin
like i said he is trying his best but he picked the wrong man, he should have picked a grassroot man to win. Nigeria politics is about smartness not policy shit.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by ImperialYoruba: 1:45am On Dec 30, 2018
Okoyeeebos:

I have a nagging feeling. I may be wrong though, but it's a feeling.

Atiku didn't make a mistake choosing Peter Obi, it is deliberate.
He didn't make a mistake sobbing SE Guvs, it's deliberate.
Ekweremadu is crying without anyone to pet him, it is deliberate.
He didn't make a mistake choosing Fayose in the SW, it is deliberate.
He isn't making a mistake by running a haphazard campaign, it is deliberate.

He's simply helping APC line all PDP's ducks in a row so that Buhari and APC can blast them all.

If Saraki, Dankwambo or Tambuwal had been allowed to run, they would have been more disastrous to Buhari. Saraki in particular had to be stopped in his tracks cos he was already taking the Presidency head on and having massive national support.

Atiku's candidacy has done more harm than good to PDP's chances and I hate to think that someone somewhere promised Atiku 2023 slot to play a Modu Sheriff on PDP and stunt PDP's chances in 2019.

PDP would lose in the North, that is sure. The idea is to castrate PDP in the south.

If you doubt me, ask PDP in Lagos how Tinubu controls them from outside. Same thing he did to Demola Seriki, Salvador and others.

grin grin
This guy wicked! See as you demolished a forum full of Atikulants with just few paragraphs of concise forecast.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by ImperialYoruba: 2:12am On Dec 30, 2018
jesmond3945:
like i said he is trying his best but he picked the wrong man, he should have picked a grassroot man to win. Nigeria politics is about smartness not policy shit.

Yep, absolutely, you are correct!

Igbos are traders, pure and simple! It doesnt matter how much education Igboman gets, his sense of buying and selling never departs from him.

The right VP from SE is somebody with roots in trading, even if he has never traded one thing in his own life. There are many Igbos whose fathers and grandfathers were popular traders and were the ones pushing the frontiers after the war and setting Igbo up in many different markets across the country. Igbo people reading this know what Im talking about. Obi does not fit that background.

In Yorubaland, our people are inherently political. There is no Yoruba born in Nigeria that does not belong in a family compound. Family compounds is a political heirarchy from top to bottom. Alaafin spoke early this year and told Peller it would be nice if he could represent his people. He made the statement at a public function. Before Alaafin got back to his Palace Peller had already be inked in as the next HoR member for his constituency (not penciled in, but inked in....because pencil can be erased grin ). Any opponent is wasting money. It was done deal! How do Yoruba politicians get credit on the street? By claiming themselves as Awolowo students. grin

So Atiku should get someone in PDP in SW who is close to Alaafin, close to Awujale, close to Alake, close to Eleko, and by all means close to Deji. They exist, plenty of them. He will not defeat APC in SW but he will get good volume to offset other defeats and possibly throw a rerun.

Choosing Fayose as coordinator for SW was self defeating. Fayose would have been pumped up if Atiku had picked one of the loyal PDP Governors in SE or himself from SW.....instead he picked a defector from APGA. Thats a blow!!!

Atiku had been in contest a long time but he acted on his choices and decisions like a rookie. Even Hashim Olawepo of PT is displaying smart moves as if he had been doing this thing a long time...like a pro!

I continue to say Hashim will come second behind Buhari, Im not joking. The guy got game!
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Rhea(f): 2:15am On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:
Obi my man....

U have work to do...

Clearing buhari's mess.

When they win cheesy cheesy
If they win grin grin
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Elephantking: 3:46am On Dec 30, 2018
HIS candidate shall be floor like never before
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Ganduri: 3:59am On Dec 30, 2018
kolnel:
Obasanjo is not relevant in his home town
Even In His ward

The south west didn’t vote for him in 1999
We knew he had nothing to offer
South west politics is always different

I pity those from other tribe who thinks he's a king maker

They will surely be disappointed

Febuhari 2019

he was irrelevant but you guys went all the way to his home town to beg him to lead the way in 2014. gerara here Zombie. Without OBJ Tinubu will be in Lagos and olaying Alpha Beta Politricks.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Ganduri: 4:06am On Dec 30, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Igbos are traders, pure and simple! It doesnt matter how much education Igboman gets, his sense of buying and selling never departs from him.

The right VP from SE is somebody with roots in trading, even if he has never traded one thing in his own life. There are many Igbos whose fathers and grandfathers were popular traders and were the ones pushing the frontiers after the war and setting Igbo up in many different markets across the country. Igbo people reading this know what Im talking about. Obi does not fit that background.

In Yorubaland, our people are inherently political. There is no Yoruba born in Nigeria that does not belong in a family compound. Family compounds is a political heirarchy from top to bottom. Alaafin spoke early this year and told Peller it would be nice if he could represent his people. He made the statement at a public function. Before Alaafin got back to his Palace Peller had already be inked in as the next HoR member for his constituency (not penciled in, but inked in....because pencil can be erased grin ). Any opponent is wasting money. It was done deal! How do Yoruba politicians get credit on the street? By claiming themselves as Awolowo students. grin

So Atiku should get someone in PDP in SW who is close to Alaafin, close to Awujale, close to Alake, close to Eleko, and by all means close to Deji. They exist, plenty of them. He will not defeat APC in SW but he will get good volume to offset other defeats and possibly throw a rerun.

Choosing Fayose as coordinator for SW was self defeating. Fayose would have been pumped up if Atiku had picked one of the loyal PDP Governors in SE or himself from SW.....instead he picked a defector from APGA. Thats a blow!!!

Atiku had been in contest a long time but he acted on his choices and decisions like a rookie. Even Hashim Olawepo of PT is displaying smart moves as if he had been doing this thing a long time...like a pro!

I continue to say Hashim will come second behind Buhari, Im not joking. The guy got game!

A regiin take on your regional politics. How about you do you andblet others do theirs. The South west is and will never be the King maker. All you chest beating is down to your wish that Buhari should rig the election. You didnt vote OBJ in 1999, He emerged. You didnt vote PDP in 2007 the won. just cos the major players had problem with the GEJ admin, and you were at the right place then all of a sudden the South West are the champion king makers. Lol. why all this panic post and naratives? The Middle belt, South soutb and East have closed ranks, the North East are also aticulating. I hope by the time they subject you folks back to your amala regiinal politics, you will remember all this bragging?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by BeautifulMind2: 4:30am On Dec 30, 2018
Ganduri:

A regiin take on your regional politics. How about you do you andblet others do theirs. The South west is and will never be the King maker. All you chest beating is down to your wish that Buhari should rig the election. You didnt vote OBJ in 1999, He emerged. You didnt vote PDP in 2007 the won. just cos the major players had problem with the GEJ admin, and you were at the right place then all of a sudden the South West are the champion king makers. Lol. why all this panic post and naratives? The Middle belt, South soutb and East have closed ranks, the North East are also aticulating. I hope by the time they subject you folks back to your amala regiinal politics, you will remember all this bragging?
Don't mind the foool, he always reasoning through his anus, Yoruba voting became relevant just 2015, last presidential election highest APc got from west was
Lagos 792,460 votes, being a cosmopolitan state, its combined efforts of all tribes of APC supporters in Lagos, typical Yoruba state like Oyo APC got 528,620 votes below what PDP got from Anambra, and Oyo was the highest state after Lagos, other typical Yoruba States were below 300,000, check the table below they are lowest in collection of PVC, east the fool called traders top them in PVC collection

Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 30, 2018
Okoyeeebos:

Why do you confuse political allies for political leaders?
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Chukabiz1961(m): 6:59am On Dec 30, 2018
I like this man. May his days be longer.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 30, 2018
docadams:

I am waiting for Osagyefo98 to come prove otherwise.

You need to realise that I won't respond to that boy. He is apc and as such lack critical reasoning. He reasons just like apc.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 30, 2018
docadams:

I ask, what has Obi/PDP done for Anambrarians to make you think they will win Anambra state when APGA & APC are there?

Anambra doesn't ask that.
Apga has no value as far as presidential is concerned.

Moreover Apga will win assembly seats same as pdp.

Apc is here just for night party.

Governorship election pattern is entirely different from presidential
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Vtrd: 8:10am On Dec 30, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Does Peter have a voting bloc in Lagos?

Im glad you guys are beginning to see the misjudgement of Atiku.

He committed two big blunders and i think you are highlighting one of them.

One, even if he would pick a SE for VP, pick one with broad acceptance outside SE.

Two, if you would pick a campaign coordinator for SW, pick one that will win votes.

Fayose is a wrong one to assign coordination. He is in PDP but not in Atiku camp. He has toned down rhetoric since loosing immunity, plus he was not happy that PDP ignored loyalists and went for party defectors. Atiku is a defector. Then Atiku also ignored picking loyalists for VP and instead picked Obi, defector from APGA.

Naturally certain PDP loyalists are pissed! They might not work against Atiku....but I doubt they are enthusiastically behind him .

Anyone telling you Atiku will win or get beyond 20% in SW is lying to you. He will be lucky to get 15%.

We have studied all these factors and are reassured that Atiku has lost.
what is this guy saying?

Who doesn't know Peter in Nigeria?
He is even more popular than the vice president. The recent debate helped to reinforce that.

The only difference is that atiku is not as popular as buhari given his many baggages.

Just dey go with your bigoted, unrealistic analysis.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by docadams: 8:23am On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Anambra doesn't ask that.
Apga has no value as far as presidential is concerned.

Moreover Apga will win assembly seats same as pdp.

Apc is here just for night party.

Governorship election pattern is entirely different from presidential

These projections are hypothetical; may or may not turn out as you outlined. Obi is a boardroom politician. I don't know how toughened he has become from his sojourn in Anambra politics. He doesn't appear as someone that can stand up to intimidation nor inspire confidence during elections. Worse still he is not favourably disposed to spending his money.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2018
docadams:

These projections are hypothetical; may or may not turn out as you outlined. Obi is a boardroom politician. I don't know how toughened he has become from his sojourn in Anambra politics. He doesn't appear as someone that can stand up to intimidation nor inspire confidence during elections. Worse still he is not favourably disposed to spending his money.

In the light of 2019, he will take down anambra....

Apc has no room to win.......is a simple fatc.

You can't go to Rome and said that the head is no longer the pope...

Is no tough pdp for presidential
apga and pdp will share assembly seats....that is certain.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by jesmond3945: 8:58am On Dec 30, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

i beg to disagree he would have shot himself in the foot if he chose a yoruba without tinubu's backing. They would promise him vote but he might only get 40 to 50% while the ss/se would feel betrayed and go for buhari without looking back. He made the right decision by choosing an igbo so as to give buhari a good competition. My grouse was his impatience, he would have consulted widely for the best igbo son to be his vp. Rochas although apc from my opinion would have been the best candiddate but rochas wants apc presidency so he would not gamble that. Orji uzo kalu is another person. I mean igbo sons who have nationwide reach. Even umahi is better than obi.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by docadams: 9:03am On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:

In the light of 2019, he will take down anambra....

Apc has no room to win.......is a simple fatc.

You can't go to Rome and said that the head is no longer the pope...

Is no tough pdp for presidential
apga and pdp will share assembly seats....that is certain.

I like your spirit but something tells me you are not from the east. Not that it matters though.
Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

SE is incapable of producing good leaders.

Fayose was the worst Governor in the SW, he was better than their best Governor in the East.

Maybe we should pass a law that once a Governor in the SW completes his term, he should go to the SE and lead them.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 30, 2018
docadams:

I like your spirit but something tells me you are not from the east. Not that it matters though.

Am from east and........so I know how our spirit works on issue.

Obi has it...is a fact.

Apc will only play game of struggle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari: How Obasanjo Diabolically Double-crossed APC Chieftain, Bisi Akande / Centre Presents Six Bedroom Duplex Office In Abuja For Obi-datti Campaign / ‘One Elephant Is Out Of The Road’ – Fubara Celebrates Victory, Hails Wike As Oga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.