Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm (1031 Views)

High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers / Apple Warns That All Macs, Ios Devices Have Been Affected By Security Flaws / Please I Need Help, My Google Account Was Hijacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm by Dynamodale(m): 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2018
They've done it again several high-profile Twitter accounts have been briefly hijacked to expose alleged flaws in the service.

The accounts of Eamonn Holmes, Louis Theroux and several others briefly showed messages saying they had been taken over by Insinia Security.

In a blog, the firm said it managed the feat by analysing the way Twitter handles messages posted by phone.
Knowing a person's phone number could let attackers send messages from accounts they do not control, it said.

It recommends that Twitter users remove their phone number from their accounts as a precaution.

Other celebrities whose accounts it temporarily hijacked included the travel journalist Simon Calder and the TV presenter Saira Khan.

https://bamidale..com/2018/12/high-profile-twitter-account-hijacked.html

Re: High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
sad

Are we using groundnut to browse.. How do you expect us to see that picture that's as blur as anus.
Re: High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm by Dynamodale(m): 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
NoGender:
sad

Are we using groundnut to browse.. How do you expect us to see that picture that's as blur as anus.

Lol... That's the best picture I could get
Re: High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 30, 2018
Re: High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2018
Dynamodale:
[/quote]They've done it again several high-profile Twitter accounts have been briefly hijacked to expose alleged flaws in the service.I don't know

The accounts of Eamonn Holmes, Louis Theroux and several others briefly showed messages saying they had been taken over by Insinia Security.I like. It

In a blog, the firm said it managed the feat by analysing the way Twitter handles messages posted by phone.
Knowing a person's phone number could let attackers send messages from accounts they do not control, it said.well said

It recommends that Twitter users remove their phone number from their accounts as a precaution.no it's not

Other celebrities whose accounts it temporarily hijacked included the travel journalist Simon Calder and the TV presenter Saira Khan.ok

Re: High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 30, 2018
[quote author=Dynamodale post=74279986]They've done it again several high-profile Twitter accounts have been briefly hijacked to expose alleged flaws in the service.[quote] ok

The accounts of Eamonn Holmes, Louis Theroux and several others briefly showed messages saying they had been taken over by Insinia Security.[quote]ok

Knowing a person's phone number could let attackers send messages from accounts they do not control, it said[quote]ok

It recommends that Twitter users remove their phone number from their accounts as a precaution.

Other celebrities whose accounts it temporarily hijacked included the travel journalist Simon Calder and the TV presenter Saira Khan.

bye
Re: High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm by Larrybey: 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
Join the first multipurpose cooperative society for Forex and binary options traders in NIgeria and get 20% monthly return on investment. signup to start earning on www.managedaccount.com.ng
[quote author=SilentListener post=74291345][/quote]

(1) (Reply)

65-year-old Workers Are Learning How To Code In Singapore / How Do I Go About Building An App Like This / What Skill Do I Need To Be A Database Administrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.