Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari (544 Views)

Cryptocurrency, Old Naira Notes, Other Buhari’s Policies Reversed By Tinubu / Fraud: Sirika, Sadiya Farouq, Other Buhari Ministers Tinubu Must Probe, Arrest / People of North-West are one, yet killing each other -Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by malagu: 1:16am On Dec 30, 2018
Over the years, through interaction at the Council of State, Shagari and I came to understand and appreciate each other - Buhari https://www.thenewsroom.ng/articles?id=3111

Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by SarkinYarki: 1:17am On Dec 30, 2018
lies, you remain a liar killer and thief Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by Nigerianization(m): 1:47am On Dec 30, 2018
Did you apologize to him during his lifetime?

If the system had been working, you should have been history by now for overthrowing a legitimate government

2 Likes

Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by ashacot: 1:49am On Dec 30, 2018
BABA 4+4
Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by Nigerianization(m): 1:50am On Dec 30, 2018
malagu:
Over the years, through interaction at the Council of State, Shagari and I came to understand and appreciate each other - Buhari https://www.thenewsroom.ng/articles?id=3111

Over the years, through interaction at the Council of State, Shagari and I came to understand and appreciate each other - Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has once again paid tribute to the late President Shehu Shagari and directed that the National Flag and other Flags should fly at half-mast in Military and Para-Military formations as well as public buildings for three days, starting from December 30.

In a statement personally signed by him, Buhari declared: “The late President represented almost the last link with the government of our founding fathers under Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. He was also the first elected President of Nigeria.

“The late Shagari was a man of many parts: teacher, local authority Administrator, Politician, Minister, and finally President. He served his country with dedication and moderation.

“Over the years, through interaction at the Council of State, he and I came to understand and appreciate each other, whatever the differences we may have had in the past.

“On behalf of the Federal Government, myself and family, I send my condolences to the people of Nigeria, particularly to the late President’s family and the government and people of Sokoto State. May his soul rest in peace.”

Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto, had declared Monday, December 31 a public holiday to enable residents offer special prayers for the repose of the soul of Shagari, who died at the age of 93 and has since been buried in his home town according to Islamic rites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by limitless777(m): 2:25am On Dec 30, 2018
That is the irony of life, I appreciate n get surprised about the way of life of the average Hausas/Fulanis their forgiving spirit and tolerance for one another is epic to me.
Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by Hadone(m): 2:34am On Dec 30, 2018
The BUHARI we knew is an enemy to Shehu Shagari, but JUBRIL a friend. Kanu's allegations needs serious investigation cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by Gandollar(f): 5:59am On Dec 30, 2018
How many council of state meeting did the bitter lifeless Sudanese ever attended?
Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by Hector09(m): 6:13am On Dec 30, 2018
After overthrowing his government
Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by Ibegtodiffer: 6:14am On Dec 30, 2018
Subtle Liar..
Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by orion7: 6:22am On Dec 30, 2018
Gandollar:
How many council of state meeting did the bitter lifeless Sudanese ever attended?
I tire o.

it's on record buhari did not attend. till he became president himself

such liar

1 Like

Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by Gandollar(f): 7:03am On Dec 30, 2018
orion7:
I tire o.

it's on record buhari did not attend. till he became president himself

such liar
He attended a few times during Obj until bitterness and self-righteousness got the better hold of him. Today, they have given him the opportunity to rule and look how he messed up!
Re: Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari by uboma(m): 7:12am On Dec 30, 2018
Expect the surviving relatives to the late Shagari to debunk the claims raised by PMB.

(1) (Reply)

Can APGA Come 3rd In The 2019 Presidential Elections? / Happy Birthday Hon. Chidoka / An Independent Igbo Land Will Be A Global Power Within 40 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.