Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 (18641 Views)

Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 1) On 18th February 2023 / Brentford vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 2nd January 2023 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 2nd January 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Nelsizzy(m): 12:05am On Jan 03, 2019
osazsky:
u say waiten,has Libya Eva been greater than Nigeria? U are funny, is Nigeria a country or a zoo, my uncle travelled Abroad through Libya, he said he wouldn't cross over to Europe, we pleaded with him ,he refused, he had 7 houses in Lydia during gadafee era, he was sending good money home before he was arrested and after 7years he was bougled bk to d zoo, he cry's everyday cuz of his mistake, now he operates a buka restaurants, he pounds and cook d food himself, all his buildings in Lydia were burnt, I still have d pics
How does this relate to the discuss 3
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by osazsky(m): 12:09am On Jan 03, 2019
Nelsizzy:
How does this relate to the discuss 3
u deer compare a zoo with Lybia, u don't even know y Americans attCkdd gadafee and how they use his people agInst him, no need to go into that, I wan sleep, Lydia way b like Europe country then, check Libia past pics
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 03, 2019
femiphillips007:

Ok.
Have a splendid night.
success in football is not just about a good history. you need global fans for marketing, high financial turnover and very bright future potentials to be classed as successful
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 03, 2019
Witlee:

Made more money without being the richest undecided undecided undecided
they actually made less money than Chelsea and arsenal last season. he thinks finishing fourth means more money. your need sponsorship deals and shirt sales

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 03, 2019
Mk17:

which year did you lose Europa league final? this is actually kloop 4th season in charge. you. that is claiming to be a Liverpool fan don't even know the year you appointed your manager
I have been on this thread reading comments since the match started and I am so shocked that you are here talking about Liverpool while your club's game was on.
I think you are more of a Liverpool fan than Chelsea's because it seems U are more concerned about them than Chelsea. Imagine, you even know the year they slipped, lost Europa, signed their coach...what is more to show that you are a closeted fan of the club, except of course you are a typical Nigerian who always take solace in the sufferings and downfalls of his neighbor when he is in trouble.

Just say you are pained from your draw tonight that's why you are taking courage from the naive Liverpool fans replying you.

I blame those fans replying you because your problem is Liverpool instead of looking at your Chelsea you claim to support.

And... don't expect a reply from me too, I don't discuss with frustrated and negative souls.

6 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 03, 2019
Chelsea: An over-rated club.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by mikron(m): 1:43am On Jan 03, 2019
femiphillips007:

Lemme paint a picture for you.
You wrote waec 20 years ago and you passed
Then another person wrote waec last year and still passed.
According to your analysis,I shouldn't reckon with the person that wrote waec 20 years ago because it wasn't called waec then.
You lots are funny.
don't mind them, same thing I kept asking them, they know those top clubs ie man united, liv and arsenal beat them when it comes to trophies so they prefer to count their chicks from 2004 as if football started from then. Funny lot

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by mikron(m): 1:45am On Jan 03, 2019
Mk17:

Chelsea have more fan worldwide than Liverpool. apart from man u, no other epl club can boast of more fans worldwide than Chelsea.
that is why you see sponsors offering Chelsea more lucrative deals than your Liverpool.
we have the second most fans in the US and we are about to over take man u. the signing of pulisic will make us more appealing to US supporters and we will over take man u soon
keep dreaming
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by mikron(m): 1:51am On Jan 03, 2019
femiphillips007:

Am not even a Liverpool fan,but I just go nuts some times when a club that has won mere 5 league titles is comparing itself to one that has won freaking 18 in terms of success.
the same feeling of anger I get when they start comparing themselves to epl greats. No respect on their part
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by boninho: 1:59am On Jan 03, 2019
I have a feeling things might be different for Liverpool this season

Important players are fit
Last min goal vs Everton...potential champions luck ( ask City about last season at home vs Southampton)
Mahrez missed penalty at Anfield
Conceding only 8goals in 20games so far....you dont do that by luck...they have improved defensively...Van Dijk signing key
City injuries here and there to important players and dropping unexpected points

True, things change so quickly in football, so nothing is certain but if they escape Etihad tomorrow without defeat, this might be their year

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by galaxy2020(m): 2:24am On Jan 03, 2019
The man is a fool, y not recall Tammny while waiting for a new striker since morata and Giroud are junks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Nobody: 2:56am On Jan 03, 2019
I knew it was draw first hand. It was the one I was most confident about. If not for one yeye team, I for collect 14k.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:09am On Jan 03, 2019
Mk17:

but we are winning now and that makes Chelsea a more richer club than Liverpool. winning now also make Chelsea a more appealing club to sponsors
Lol,what is Chelsea winning now?
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 03, 2019
kingkakaone:

I have been on this thread reading comments since the match started and I am so shocked that you are here talking about Liverpool while your club's game was on.
I think you are more of a Liverpool fan than Chelsea's because it seems U are more concerned about them than Chelsea. Imagine, you even know the year they slipped, lost Europa, signed their coach...what is more to show that you are a closeted fan of the club, except of course you are a typical Nigerian who always take solace in the sufferings and downfalls of his neighbor when he is in trouble.

Just say you are pained from your draw tonight that's why you are taking courage from the naive Liverpool fans replying you.

I blame those fans replying you because your problem is Liverpool instead of looking at your Chelsea you claim to support.

And... don't expect a reply from me too, I don't discuss with frustrated and negative souls.
you must be a very big fool. what does one gain from supporting a football club except watching the games, bragging and taunting your rivals when they are doing bad? don't ever reply me with stupidity again

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 03, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Lol,what is Chelsea winning now?
the last fa cup, the last UCL by an English club, 2 of the last 4 EPL show me what Liverpool won last season or the last 5years
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by pek(m): 7:34am On Jan 03, 2019
It is people who know nothing about football or people who are blinded by club sentiments that will compare Chelsea with Liverpool. Liverpool is bigger, has won more trophies and has a bigger global fan base.
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by samsam2019: 7:45am On Jan 03, 2019
Philistine:
I now see the reason he could not win any Trophy at Napoli, Sarri-Ball my foot!
hahahahhahah I waited for this from Chelsea fans grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by hyfr(m): 8:19am On Jan 03, 2019
Adiwana:

Against Southampton??Why then do top teams buy top players if not to get leverage at home against smaller teams.

This Sarri ball abi na wetin uses the same set of players and formation for his matches and a very good coach with a decent team will win him at home.The only players he rotates is Kovacic/Barkely.Take out Jorginho whose only talent is passing and not playing key passes and the whole team goes clueless on what to do.The transition play between defence and offence is totally lost.The front 3 relie on the midfield with no creative or attacking midfielders there.Kante is played high up the pitch while he's job is to cover Jorginho.Not to even talk about strikers that are as useless as water poured on a stone. Smfh
you discuss football like a kid no offense, asides the fact we have series of injured players, Sarri is trying to turn the team to adapt to playing good football, if used to watch chelsea game 3 seasons ago, you can tell there is a great step n their games, no more backing the bus waiting for hazard and willain to do some crazy counter attacks, they just start from their sides and build up a goal thats what sarri wants them to adapt to, thats more reason he's hunting for attacker's to pair with the squad, we are playing hazard as a false 9 thats the worst thing ever to ever do, why because morata has failed to live up expectations, hazard is match winner not really a goal scorer. Did u know, liverpool were struggling to get Jorginho's signature. The guy is so good, it seems you watch football with sentiments. The only problem we have now is our attackers, more reason we've been fighting to get higuain to sign for us, i believe in Hudson-Odoi but the coach doesnt want to test run him in these crucial times, bayern and Barcelona are scampering for him too. Chelsea is on a path barcelona was some 4 seasons ago, and thats the build up. The Epl is not our focus for now, we just the UCI qualification them watch out for us next season
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by hyfr(m): 8:22am On Jan 03, 2019
pek:
It is people who know nothing about football or people who are blinded by club sentiments that will compare Chelsea with Liverpool. Liverpool is bigger, has won more trophies and has a bigger global fan base.
do u know Chelsea is the most successful club on europe right now?. Stop living on past glory
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Adiwana: 8:51am On Jan 03, 2019
hyfr:
you discuss football like a kid no offense, asides the fact we have series of injured players, Sarri is trying to turn the team to adapt to playing good football, if used to watch chelsea game 3 seasons ago, you can tell there is a great step n their games, no more backing the bus waiting for hazard and willain to do some crazy counter attacks, they just start from their sides and build up a goal thats what sarri wants them to adapt to, thats more reason he's hunting for attacker's to pair with the squad, we are playing hazard as a false 9 thats the worst thing ever to ever do, why because morata has failed to live up expectations, hazard is match winner not really a goal scorer. Did u know, liverpool were struggling to get Jorginho's signature. The guy is so good, it seems you watch football with sentiments. The only problem we have now is our attackers, more reason we've been fighting to get higuain to sign for us, i believe in Hudson-Odoi but the coach doesnt want to test run him in these crucial times, bayern and Barcelona are scampering for him too. Chelsea is on a path barcelona was some 4 seasons ago, and thats the build up. The Epl is not our focus for now, we just the UCI qualification them watch out for us next season

Lmao.All this are excuses.Its no magic that the team didn't score yesterday and its not because of any injuries but because the team has been playing poorly due to rigid and static management from Sarri.Yesterdays team were decent enough to get maximum points and score at least 2 goals.I can go on and mention games where Chelsea had a very good squad and still fumbled like the game against West Ham earlier in the season.

As I said any manager with a decent team will win this Chelsea because Sarri has no clue what he's doing.He plays a flat 4-4-3 formation with Kante as a Box to Box midfielder. Who does that??Kante is not a technically gifted player that will get you goals still he plays Kante up field and still expect him to cover Jorginho.And for Jorginho,he's just a regista that contributes nothing else in his game play.That Liverpool wanted him has no meaning.Hes very poor in defending,Lacks pace,easily loses duels and is very easily bullied off the ball.

With the way Chelsea have been playing,if Arsenal and Manchester United can add a couple of additions in terms of defence and midfielders,Chelsea will not any top 4 irrespective of who they think they will buy

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Passionate888: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2019
Ekaka1:

I have a funny feeling that it's no longer the depth of the squad or the teams' scoring prowess that plagues us this season but now more of Sarri' s RIGID philosophy and lack of tactics including bench management....I'm very afraid for us shocked
Where was Sarri's 'RIGID' philosophy when Chelsea defeated Arsenal?
Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by boninho: 11:56am On Jan 03, 2019
Adiwana:

Lmao.All this are excuses.Its no magic that the team didn't score yesterday and its not because of any injuries but because the team has been playing poorly due to rigid and static management from Sarri.Yesterdays team were decent enough to get maximum points and score at least 2 goals.I can go on and mention games where Chelsea had a very good squad and still fumbled like the game against West Ham earlier in the season.

As I said any manager with a decent team will win this Chelsea because Sarri has no clue what he's doing.He plays a flat 4-4-3 formation with Kante as a Box to Box midfielder. Who does that??Kante is not a technically gifted player that will get you goals still he plays Kante up field and still expect him to cover Jorginho.And for Jorginho,he's just a regista that contributes nothing else in his game play.That Liverpool wanted him has no meaning.Hes very poor in defending,Lacks pace,easily loses duels and is very easily bullied off the ball.

With the way Chelsea have been playing,if Arsenal and Manchester United can add a couple of additions in terms of defence and midfielders,Chelsea will not any top 4 irrespective of who they think they will buy
Rightly pointed out. One problem I have with Sarri is complete lack of plan B, same issues at Napoli....Kante as box to box midfielder? Is it that he fails to understand that Kante is not as technically gifted as Hamsik and Allan at Naples when it comes to recycling possession

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Southampton (0 - 0) On 2nd January 2019 by Adiwana: 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2019
Passionate888:
Where was Sarri's 'RIGID' philosophy when Chelsea defeated Arsenal?

Arsenal outplayed Chelsea in that game and if not for their lack ruthlessness and shambolic defending,they should've bagged the 3 points.Truth is,it just takes one game to expose a teams flaws and teams will start taking advantage of that loophole in the system. That's why good managers continue to explore that weakness and continue to spend huge amounts of money to buy better players that they feel will tie up a particular lose end.

Any manager that faces Chelsea already knows the attacking formation and players he will face and he knows he just has to take out Jorginho and whole supply line dies because Kante will be busy trying to score goals instead of doing his job which is tackling and stopping the opponent from moving the ball in the midfield area,Hazard and the front 3 will be useless because the transition line between Defence and attack will be dead.And Sari will not make changes to that effect.smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Liverpool Equal Manchester City's Record Of 18 Consecutive Premier League Wins / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 0) On 24th February 2019 / FA Cup: Man Utd Vs Reading (4 - 0) On 7th January 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.