Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

How To Make Money Selling Your Products On Jumia Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Make Money Selling Your Products On Jumia Nigeria (1783 Views)

Make Money Selling Other People's Products / Make Extra Money Selling Data Without Any Start Up Capital. / Make 3K - 21K In A Month Just By Sharing Products On Your Facebook Wall Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Selling Your Products On Jumia Nigeria by Royalemex(m): 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
HOW TO MAKE PART TIME INCOME SELLING ON JUMIA IN THE NEW YEAR

If you live in Lagos or you have someone who lives in Lagos and can help you handle Jumia errands for you, will you be interested in learning a side-hustle that can put some change in your pocket in the new year, without you suffering or begging to get buyers. Will you key in?

===================================
THIS POST WILL BE LONG. Relax and read it to the end to get the full juice. I have a lovely proposal at the end.
===================================

The present Nigerian economy is a very harsh one. Getting buyers for your products isn't an easy task. That's one reason you don't hear much about mini importation again. Many persons have their imported products dumped, as all that the gurus promised them aren't working. Even running facebook ads have become a trial and error game. You lose ads credit without getting conversion. As though your village propel are after you.

Partnering with Jumia reduces this stress of suffering to get buyers. Especially for business persons that have multiple goods they want to sell. Visit , and you will see a wide range of products sold daily on the platform, like laptops, phones, shoes, clothes, decoration materials, refrigerators, utensils, cement, foods, groceries , phones etc.

Jumia.com is the most popular online retails outlet in Nigeria, amongst other upcoming ones like Dealdey, Konga etc. Jumia have presence in many African countries like Kenya, Ghana, Egypt, Tanzania etc. I sell both on Jumia Nigeria and Jumia Ghana. Over the years, they have evolved to get better day by day, with tremendous improvement, and growth. With over 2 million customers visiting Jumia monthly, you have chance of attracting buyers to your products on Jumia. We have different Jumia platforms like Jumia cars (for car sales), Jumia travels ( for hotel bookings), Jumia commodities sales etc. However, the most popular is the Jumia commodity sales, and this is the platform that you can easily partner with as a merchant/Vendour.

Not all products you see on Jumia belongs to them. A large percentage of it belongs to individual hustlers like you. Jumia acts as an intermediary between the buyer and seller, getting buyers and delivering the products to them by themselves. Jumia will never give sellers the contact details of the buyers. After Jumia deliver the product to buyers, they collect the payment of the goods from the buyer, and deduct their commission per product. That's one way that Jumia makes money. So always factor in this Jumia commission in your prices. The remaining balance will be credited to your account, once a week. Jumia offers Payment on delivery ( POD), as well as Prepaid payment to their customers. Incase a customer gives reasons( like lack of money, or travelled or doesn't like the product), or is unreachable as at the time of delivery, Jumia will return back the product you. The cycle usually takes 3 weeks. On return, If you discover that the product isn't fine as you shipped it, you can reject it instantly at the hub, and raise a claim afterwards. Jumia will investigate this rejection. If it's found valid, Jumia will pay you for the damage. They have money set aside for this damaged return compensation.

To sell on Jumia, you will follow the following step:-

✓Register on Jumia as a vendour via the website- (https://jumia_form.formstack.com/forms/become_a_seller_ng) and list your varieties of products accurately on the their platform (It's called seller center). Fill all the provided spaces, including your bank account details, Home Address, Product details etc. Be detailed , and read the Jumia terms and conditions. Make sure you add the overhead expenses, including Jumia commission to the prices of your listed products.
✓Jumia advertises your products to customers who need them.
✓Customers place orders for products they love.
✓Jumia informs you that someone ordered your product, via text or email. Jumia also gives you 24 hours to set the listed product on ready to ship, and another 24 hours to actually ship the product (ie bring the product to any of their drop off offices scattered around Lagos). This totals 48 hours. If you fail to bring it within 48 hours, Jumia will penalise you (from # 3 , 000 upwards, and your rating on Jumia drops and your daily order volume will be reduced). This is to force you to be serious next time. Jumia doesn't want customers to see their platform as unserious type filled with unserious vendours. That's the essence of the punishment.
✓While dropping off the product at any closer Jumia office, Jumia takes time to screen the product to be sure it's not counterfeit, and that every listed details online matches with the physical product you brought to ship. If it fails this Quality Control (Q.C), you can be penalised as much as # 50 , 000. So sell only quality products, and make sure all details are properly listed , including brand, colour, category, size, picture, Nafdac Number (for drugs) etc. Don't sell items with stickers of restricted brands like Gucci, Versacci, Peri Cole, etc. Jumia will penalise you greatly. And can come after you for arrest. They are restricted brands. Except you have license from the original producer.
✓Jumia ships the products to customers and remit your money to your bank account. However, if the delivery fails, Jumia returns back your goods. This cycle takes about three weeks.

*Note that Jumia gives buyers 7 days to test the product they bought and be sure it satisfies them. After which, their complaint won't be entertained. This is why the cycle delays for 3 weeks. Jumia want to be sure customers are happy with what they bought ,before remitting your money. If there is any issue, or complaint from the buyer, Jumia will refund the customer and return your product back. If customer complain the product is fake, or not effective, Jumia can fine you as punishment.
*Note that you must purchase Jumia branded packaging materials ahead of time online on Jumia website, and get it ready , before order comes. You will use this to wrap all orders that came in for your product, before dropping it off at Jumia drop off hub.
✓Make sure you compare the prices of your products listed on jumia, with what other vendours are selling. Keep your price competitive and your description attractive and detailed. Customers usually go for the best prices. That's why Jumia Black Friday and Promotional sales attracts huge buyers, due to price slashes. Everyone loves cheaper price and hugh quality stuffs. If it's expensive, only very few will buy from you.

ADVANTAGES OF SELLING ON JUMIA

°It's 100% free to register and sell on Jumia
°It offers you a sides-hustle source of income
°You won't stress yourself to look for buyers. Jumia will find the buyers for you. The more varieties of products you list, and the more professional and popular your Jumia store is, the more customers you will get. This translates to increased order and increased income.
°Jumia will pay you if they damage any of your product. Just reject it there, and raise a claim. If the claim is valid, they will pay you. Your products are safe.
°Jumia can give you loan after 6 months, if you maintain good sales, and good rating. I have gotten loan of # 550 , 000 from Jumia.
° You can easily list other people products on Jumia , as long it's readily available, and they can trust you to remit their money after sales. Alaba boys makes good money from this system, selling Laptops and Phones that belongs to Alaba importers on jumia, Especially the honest ones.
°Jumia black Friday is usually a big time to make money on Jumia. That's if you have many varieties of products to sell, and you have enough packaging materials. Also, you need to maintain excellent seller rating and high performance during black Friday sales, to make good profit. Millions of customers storm Jumia on black Friday sales (last Friday of November of every year) to look for best affordable deals.

DISADVANTAGES OF SELLING ON JUMIA
Just like the saying goes- "everything that have advantages always have some share of disadvantages", selling on Jumia also have it's own disadvantages. The disadvantages include :-

°You must be living in Lagos ,or have someone in Lagos who will dedicate to run Jumia errands for you. So far, Jumia vendour partnership only operate in Lagos. However, they deliver their products nationwide. So if you live in other states and you don't have dedicated someone living in Lagos to assist you, then this won't work for you. Take note.
°Jumia cycle of sales can delay up to 3 weeks and above. And sometimes, you get the products returned after this long waiting. This can be painful. I have earlier discussed the reasons for returns. Sometimes, the returns gets damaged. Ensure to reject it if there is any damage ,and raise claims immediately.
The early stage of selling on Jumia as a new vendour can be slow, but with time, your store will pick up.
°Jumia still offers payment on delivery to customers. This paves way for unserious buyers to order products for fun, knowing that they stand to lose nothing. They give unnecessary excuses when it's delivered. However, it's difficult to offer only prepaid payment in Nigeria, as most customers want to see what they are buying before payment. Konga tried it, and their platform died. They were forced to return back to Payment on delivery. That's one reason why you don't hear much about konga anymore.
°Jumia is very strict with excellence and proffesionism. They want to protect their brand and improve the confidence of customers. So they can fine you terribly if you go astray.
° Jumia only accepts brand new products . No fairly used, No tokunbo, No used product. Also the product must be working perfectly well , because it will be tested before shipment.
°You must buy Jumia branded packaging materials online and get it ready ahead before order comes. If you don't have it well packaged with these Jumia branded packages, Jumia will reject it during shipping, and also penalise you.

SECRETS TO MAKING MORE SALES ON JUMIA
•Ensure you sell only original product.
•List your products carefully in details.
•Ship your products within 48 hours and avoid cancellations of orders.
•Partner with people that have varieties of products , and list them on your Jumia store. Add your additional profit on the price. The more your varieties of products, the more the chance of getting orders on Jumia.
•Whenever you have challenge selling on Jumia, Call Jumia vendour support service immediately on 0 1 2 7 7 2 3 6 1. You can also send mail to seller . support @ j umia . com . ng. Jumia will always update you with changes and announcement via email or text. So always check your mail. For every penalty applied on your store, call Jumia vendour support line above, and try to plead that they remove the penalty. In some cases, you can be pardoned, and the penalty reversed. I have personally won some of such appeals via calls.
•Ensure you apply for Jumia price slash promotions, as well as buy sponsored product credits. These two tools increases sales and boost orders. The more the orders you get, the more money you make.

YOU MIGHT LOVE THIS OFFER
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can trust me, and you are based in Lagos state Nigeria, and you have varieties of new quality unique products for sale, and you will like to send them to me to sell on my Jumia store, you can Inbox me. The items must be readily available. And if for any reason you don't have them again, or you travelled, or relocated. Kindly tell me immediately, so i turn it off on my store, to avoid terrible Jumia penalties. This is because, Jumia gives only 48 hours to drop off every order. So it's timed. It's very important that the products are readily available always. Tell me your least price, and I will add my profit on it and put them up on my Jumia store.. It's a win-win for both of us. If I sell any of your products successfully on jumia, I will credit your account. Products like phones, Laptops, Bags, Clothes, Shoes, Creams, watches, Suits, Utensils, Interior and Exterior decoration materials, Groceries and Foods, Refrigerators, Sewing Machines, Generators etc. Anything at all that's potable, can sell on Jumia.

And if you belong to the clique of those that imported some products from China, and you are stuck selling them, and the gurus that you paid couldn't perform the same magic they promised you to sell them. Why not slash the prices and bring them . Let me list them on my Jumia store , and see how it goes. I have been selling on Jumia for almost two years now, with lots of experiences.

I have a registered Ltd Company - "Royalemex Deals", with RC No - 1527667. So we can always work together.

My name is Emmanuel Okoye.
Am a Business Enthusiast

C a l l / W h a t s A p p 0 8 0 6 9 1 1 9 4 4 3
Email - r oy a l e m e x @ y a h o o . c o m

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Products On Jumia Nigeria by Kampack: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
insightful!

(1) (Reply)

So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland / Direct Bank Saver / Top 2 Surest Ways To Make & Save Extra Money/income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.