Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

How To Reduce Suicide Rate In 2019 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Reduce Suicide Rate In 2019 (446 Views)

Damasak: UN Confirms Boko Haram Attack On Its Facility. Aid Services To Reduce / Habits That You Need To Stop In 2019 / Rivers State Has The Highest Suicide Rate In Nigeria - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Suicide Rate In 2019 by gimmehear(f): 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
Gimme Hear
Home Featured
HOW TO REDUCE SUICIDE RATE IN 2019
Temi Badmus by Temi Badmus 2018/12/31
HOW TO REDUCE SUICIDE RATE IN 2019
SHARES
How to reduce suicide rate in 2019.

An Africa Adage says ”

Africans do not commit suicide, they love life more anything, so they will preserve it even if they have to suffer to do so. ”

Research has shown that Africans now commit suicide… In fact those who commit the suicidal action are the future of Africa.

We have one way or the other lost people in the year 2018, most of which were student, a few were old and fulfilled and the majority were young people who we never even know how or what lead to their death, some didn’t commit suicide, they had depression, some organs failed and they died, some just slumped and died because they had being thinking too much, while the few we blame are those who committed suicide because they are strong but could not bear the pain anymore.

Have you ever wonder why people commit suicide?

Yes, when they can’t take the pain anymore… That’s what you think.

People commit suicide because they don’t have who to talk to about things they are going through, they commit suicide because people around them don’t understand why they have certain reaction they have towards some situations in life, they commit suicide because they are around people who don’t have value for life themselves, they commit suicide because they are friends with people who have too much friends so they don’t have the time to understand or listen attentively to them.

And lastly they commit suicide because they are friends with people who God can’t reach when he needs to console them.

A lot of people are going through depression, and because January is usually a long month, I decided that I will write about this, according to research we have about seventy percent of depressed people in the world right now… Yes!

We have thirty percent of happy people… So I need the thirty percent happy people to know how fast they need to transfer the happiness vibes before we loss those who we love too much.

How To Help people whether you know they are undergoing depression or not.

The first thing is to be a good friend, life has become somewhere full of rubbish acts, that people have more than one best friend, which of course is not done.

Your best friend is someone you can share you deepest pain with, and if your best friend has another best friend… It human to want to keep your pains to yourself.

Let try and deal with that in 2019, one person, one best friend.

Learn to compliment people, it goes a long way, I remember someone told me I’m looking so fresh and pretty months ago, that was all I really needed to hear because I was having a bad month and it really helped… That person saw a good part of me and appreciated it and it really helped.

Learn to take a walk and speak into the atmosphere, it does really help… Don’t keep anything within you, they hurt you when it’s too much.

This point might make me because an enemy with anyone but as a writer, I really need to pass the message, it’s my job

If you are a Christian, you should keep a Christan person as your best friend… I learnt from experience, that when you are going through trial and pain, God can only reach you faster through people who can connect spiritually almost at your own page.

Don’t keep a journal of whatever has happened which affected you badly. Talk to people who are older than you.

No matter how young or old you are do this

Have about three friends who are way older than you

About three friends who are way younger than you.

The ones who are older than you will make you see the reality about life, those who are younger than you will make you see the excitement about life… Also, learn to know when you should be with any of them.

So you don’t confuse reality with excitement.

Lastly, learn to stay close with God… If you ever wish to commit suicide… Ask yourself why you needed to do it at time, if you ever made it through to that period, really think about it.

Then I know some of you reading might say she’s a writer, she doesn’t know what it feels to want to commit suicide because life has treated you bad…

Well let me share a little of my experience with suicide

On the 13th of July, I wanted to commit suicide, everything I needed was ready, all that was remaining was for me write a letter and take this action

Why would Temi want to commit suicide? she has everything going for her…

On the eleventh of July 2018, I lost about #450,000 ( My laptop about 187,000 Phone :55,000, Samsung edge which was about (#120,000) an appointment with a client which was scheduled for the 14th and the price was about #150,000, work has being done halfway and I just met the client online which means losing my phone is a way not to get paid since it was an online transaction. I felt so bad.

That was one horrible moment of my life!!

Let now even take away the fact that I had lost a phone of about #45,000 around March in school.

I was just going to end it because it was too hard for me to bear that pain

But a message came from a friend who told me

” I’m always proud of you… You are one great person I have ever met in my life”

And about then, the MD of where I was doing my I. T lost about 1.2million naria and he was breathing fine.

My man told me

” You lost such amounts at this age so you can know how to handle greater amount of money ”

Those two statement were what stopped me from killing me.

I have failed before, I have been abused before , I have been betrayed before and at the same time I have special people around me and their attitude has made life more interesting.

So if you are a friend, there are a lot of things we need to do 2019, stay close to your best friend , you don’t need two best friends, if you are a Christian, you don’t need a Muslim best friend… God can’t console you through him or her.

Learn to complement people, say good things to them

And in 2019, learn to hug at least three people in a week.

Let make 2019 a greater year, a year worth living for no matter how hard the devil tries.

Remember God didn’t promise the journey will be smooth but he said he will see you through it.

Stay blessed.

Temi Badmus

http://gimmehear.com/reduce-suicide-rate-2019/
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Young Man Laments After Girlfriend Burnt Noodles Because Of Zeeworld (photo) / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah On Needs To Protect Nigerian Indigenous Airlines / A Legit Business Called Email Processing System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.