Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) (31725 Views)

Tanker Crushes Fresh Abia Poly Graduate After Clearance (Graphic Photos) / Fuel Tanker Loses Control In Oyo, Rams Into Cab, Crushes 5 To Death / Tanker Crushes 10 To Death In Ibadan Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by mediaNGR: 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
A truck carrying diesel just ran into vehicles along the Gbagada - Iyana Oworo bridge crushing five cars.

According to an eyewitness, no one died but several people were injured.

LASTMA officials who are now on ground confirmed the accident saying, 'there's a multiple accident involving a loaded tanker and 5 vehicles at the descend of Gbagada bridge and recovery work is on-going at the moment'.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/petrol-tanker-crushes-5-cars-on-new.html

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by Athena4: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
Tanker accidents all day. That's how we roll.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by pepezaz: 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2018
sad
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by oluwatosink: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2018
all this Tankers sef angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by ValCon888: 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2018
The tanker could not wait to clear 2018 out of the way grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by Mannylex(m): 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
I passed this route and I saw the accident. Thank God no one died.

21 Likes

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by BlindAngel: 9:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
God Almighty
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by pooozeee(m): 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
I hope no uber vehicle is involved ?

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
THANK YOU JESUS.
NO LIFE WAS LOST.

The devil has been put to shame

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
pooozeee:
I hope no uber vehicle is involved ?

Na dat one be your MAIN concern!
What a soul!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by MrMcJay(m): 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2018
That tanker failed brakes

Typing...
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by LWFashion(f): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
Athena4:

You are very insensitive e.diot. You know that, right? Nonesense! angry
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by samwise180(m): 10:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
May God's protection be upon us all this coming 2019

1 Like

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by eminex(m): 10:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by frozen70(f): 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
Athena4:

If your brain is licking, get it patched up

Why are you typing nonsense, does it mean that you don't think before typing?
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by Emceesaka: 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
Athena4:

Your village people never commot for your back. Ndi araa
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by MrMcJay(m): 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2018

That point is a deep slope beginning with a high bend. Those tankers usually have bad brakes and their brakes are incapable of holding the vehicles once fully loaded.

What they do is that they descend the slope very slowly and when descending, they use their tyres to rub the culvert for the friction to slow the trucks. While doing this, there are area boys that clear vehicles in front of the tanker and divert vehicles coming from Olopomeji via Iyana Oworo.

I have seen this nonsense happen severally on this particular point and the truth is that if this madness isn't stopped, it would happen again. Lastma officers are around that area but they turn a blind eye to these trucks constituting risks on the road.

5 Likes

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by Cigo1(m): 10:05pm On Dec 31, 2018
Why are there no explosions?

If it's in Hollywood now, that car on top will spin 180 degrees.

Land on the others and magically stimulate an explosion.

While the hero walks away from the inferno.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by Ernchibyke(m): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
Athena4:
Are u sure u ok
Miss not ur medications next time

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by frankfrancis871: 10:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
sad

Boko haram or fulani herdsmen would have killed more foolgerians so next time, pastor shekau will lead the crusade next in aso rock.
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by sukerefakere(m): 10:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
embarassed
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by stevenakp(m): 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2018
I witnessed something like this on the 22nd of December in Lagos. A Tanker crushed 3 cars.
No one died.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by troublemakea(m): 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2018
ValCon888:
The tanker could not wait to clear 2018 out of the way grin

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by montumonami(m): 10:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
MrMcJay:

That point is a deep slope beginning with a high bend. Those tankers usually have bad brakes and their brakes are incapable of holding the vehicles once fully loaded.

What they do is that they descend the slope very slowly and when descending, they use their tyres to rub the culvert for the friction to slow the trucks. While doing this, there are area boys that clear vehicles in front of the tanker and divert vehicles coming from Olopomeji via Iyana Oworo.

I have seen this nonsense happen severally on this particular point and the truth is that if this madness isn't stopped, it would happen again. Lastma officers are around that area but they turn a blind eye to these trucks constituting risks on the road.

. I can't even think of this with a bicycle and someone is doing it with a tanker undecided

1 Like

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
It's not a matter of NEW YEAR EVE, so long as proactive measures are not taken then the WORST is yet to HAPPEN.
We always Use GOD and PRAYERS as BACK UPS for LAZINNES and LAXITY.

I spit on NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by Athena4: 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
LWFashion:

You are very insensitive e.diot. You know that, right? Nonesense! angry
I know your fingers itch to insult.But you should learn how to read and understand. I don't know why most of you up here are ignorant of sarcastic statements.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by marvin906(m): 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
the way I dey fear tankers for Lagos ehn

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by Yewandequeen(f): 10:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
Thank God no life was lost
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by eghuan1(m): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
Had similar experience in that same spot two years ago. Seven cars were damaged that day. Those tankers drivers should be very careful when coming down from that bridge
Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by berrystunn(m): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
We fight for our lives, just to keep it for death.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) by hisexcellency34: 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
I heard most tanker drivers are trained to kill

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims / Arik Air Cancels All Flights Due To Prevailing Fuel Scarcity (photos) / Luxury Buses Banned In Kano State As Traders Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.