Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

2019 Election Not A Do Or Die Affair, Buhari Assures Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election Not A Do Or Die Affair, Buhari Assures Nigerians (269 Views)

Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Was The Main Rigger Of 2023 Election Not Tinubu / Chatham House: Presidential Election Not Conducted In Line With INEC’s Guideline / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Election Not A Do Or Die Affair, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Pedagogueeye: 9:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
Due to the widespread fears that the 2019 election, would be a violent one, based on the determination of the opposition to acquire power at all cost and the resolutness of the ruling party to consolidate its hold on power. President Muhammadu Buhari has told Nigerians that the 2019 election is not a do or die affair, hence they must not approach the polls with fear.

The President made the call in a New Year Message sent out on Monday, December 31.

According to the President, 2019 is a very significant year in the nation’s history and as such Nigerians must brace up for the new moral grounds to be broken.

Below is the full mesage by President Muhammdau Buhari.

“Dear compatriots,

It is my utmost pleasure to rejoice with all Nigerians as we enter the year 2019, which will be a very significant one for our country.

At the turn of every year, we often use the opportunity to look back at the past and forward to the future. To review the outgoing year, its high and low points, successes and failures, and be fully thankful to God.

We Nigerians are a religious people, and we believe that God reigns and rules in the affairs of men. A time like this offers precious opportunity for thanksgiving, stock taking and reflection on goals and targets set for the receding year, and how much was accomplished. The ones not done can then be rolled over into a new year.

The dawn of a New Year is also a time to look forward. To consider new prospects, unfold our plans, and prepare for landmark dates and events.

2019 will be an election year for us. In about two months, the polls are due, and we will elect leaders into various offices, at national and state levels.

As I welcome you into 2019, I also reiterate my many promises and declarations that the general elections will be free, fair and credible.

Elections need not be do or die affair, and we should not approach that eventuality in a democracy with trepidation and mortal fear. Happily, a large number of presidential candidates have committed to peace, and peace we shall have.

Those who continue to trumpet falsehood and negativity are on their own, fighting a losing battle. The greater number of Nigerians are trusting and believing that we shall deliver on our promises for a level playing field at the polls, and that is what we shall do.

Nigerians desire peace, security, prosperity, inclusiveness and infrastructural development, a nation they can be proud of, a country that can hold its own among the nations.

That is the journey we have embarked on since we came onboard in 2015, and we are not distracted as we move on. We are resolved to build a country in which the resources are utilized for the benefit of the largest number, and not appropriated by a privileged few in their never ending quest to satisfy their greed. We are on this mission together, and I assure you of a firm commitment to the ideals of a safe, secure, fair, just and prosperous country.

We have had our challenges: security, economic, political, social. But we are resolved to combat and overcome them all.

I appreciate your support and collaboration in previous years, and look forward to same in 2019, and beyond, as I hope you will renew the mandate you overwhelmingly gave us in 2015, for another term.

We are motivated by nothing other than service to motherland, and service without selfishness or personal interest.

I can assure you all that we are making steady and sustainable progress in all areas of national life. Those who are unbiased can see and appreciate the progress the country has made since 2015.

A New Year provides opportunity for renewal of commitment, and I invite you to rededicate yourselves to the vision of a Nigeria that works for all.

We are moving from potentials to actualization, and it’s a task to be accomplished by us all; man, woman, young, old, military, civilian, all Nigerians.
Please come along, as we journey to the land of our dreams. Happy 2019.

Thank you and God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

https://www.lainonline.com/2018/12/31/2019-election-not-a-do-or-die-affair-buhari-assures-nigerians/

Re: 2019 Election Not A Do Or Die Affair, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Racoon(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2018
-Yet you signed the not-too-young-to-run bill but begged youth to allowed it take effect from 2023?

-Yet you said you can never hand over power to PDP even it wins the 2019 in your characteristic "hate speech" outburst?

-Yet you refused to sign the much improved electoral amendment act/bill that is supposed to deepen our democratic experience asking it waits till 2023? A supposed continuous process?

-Yet you have heavily militarized elections in Nigeria today evidence by what happened in Ekiti & Osun while you sent a paltry 2000 troops to Maiduguri currently under BH siege?

-Yet you never effected a cabinet shuffle or change of service chiefs because of the morbid fear of losing hence going down in ignomy as the first govt that never did so in the annals of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election Not A Do Or Die Affair, Buhari Assures Nigerians by StillX10(m): 1:22am On Jan 01, 2019
Buhari knows within him that to him politics is a do or die affair

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election Not A Do Or Die Affair, Buhari Assures Nigerians by nickxtra(m): 1:42am On Jan 01, 2019
So, we are on the right track
Re: 2019 Election Not A Do Or Die Affair, Buhari Assures Nigerians by landmark86: 1:56am On Jan 01, 2019
There will be no problem in these forth coming election by God grace.
Your enemies will congratulate u before the results will be declare just like way Goodluck Jonathan did in 2015.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vote Atiku / Elections: Atiku Abubakar Asks Rotimi Amaechi To Resign, Return To PDP / APC Versus PDP: Dickson, Sylva In Warmed Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.