Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Mayweather Earns $9M In 139 Seconds After Beating Tenshin Nasukawa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mayweather Earns $9M In 139 Seconds After Beating Tenshin Nasukawa (507 Views)

Folarin Balogun Scores His First Arsenal Goal 37 Seconds After Coming As A Sub / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mayweather Earns $9M In 139 Seconds After Beating Tenshin Nasukawa by EzegeNG: 11:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
Floyd Mayweather has just made $9M in 139 seconds after beating 20-year-old kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in exhibition bout.

Floyd Mayweather came out of retirement briefly to score a lucrative victory in an exhibition boxing match in Japan over kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa that will do more for his bank balance than it did for the reputation of combat sports.

The 41-year-old dropped his Japanese opponent three times in the opening round of what was planned for a three-round fight. Mayweather knocked him out in just two minutes to win the clash.

The fight topped the bill for the prestigious New Year’s Eve event promoted by Rizin, one of Asia’s fast-growing mixed martial arts organisations, at the Saitama Super Arena, and though it has drawn international attention, it was little more than a shrewd branding move for all concerned.

But for Mayweather, it was about more than just entertainment – the 41-year-old American intimated on Instagram that he would be paid $9m for the exhibition, which was scheduled for three rounds.

After the fight, Mayweather who initially pulled out of the fight due to a misunderstanding between himself and the organisers which was later resolved said:

We are both still undefeated, I did this to entertain the fans in Japan, they wanted this to happen and I said why not, Tenshin is still a great champion, I am still retired.

‘Tenshin hold your head up high, I want the fans to support him, he’s a great guy, a great fighter and great champion.

‘Tokyo Japan, RIZIN is number one. Thank you.’

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/mayweather-earns-9m-in-139-seconds-after-beating-tenshin-nasukawa/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Mayweather Earns $9M In 139 Seconds After Beating Tenshin Nasukawa by emem112(m): 12:08am On Jan 01, 2019
olorun jekin ni owo ju eleyi lo amin kin de le josin fun iwo olohun
well check my signature to start earning
Re: Mayweather Earns $9M In 139 Seconds After Beating Tenshin Nasukawa by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 01, 2019
Mayweather 139sec? shocked

I saw the promotion they did where Mayweather promised to entertain the audience. But who gets entertained after watching a 2:19mins match??

Mayweather you beta go open shop for main market o. Because you're not an entertainer you're an aggressive business man.

See the way you beat that boy because of 9million$ grin

1 Like

Re: Mayweather Earns $9M In 139 Seconds After Beating Tenshin Nasukawa by Iamicekid(m): 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
Lord so in 2mins 19sec 9M don enter... More grace Mayweather

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal's Alex Iwobi Named EPL King Of Nutmeg / Emiliano Sala’s Found Following Search For Missing Striker / Manchester United To Double Rashford’s Wages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.