Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians (5550 Views)

Do Not Waste Your Votes On Labour Party-dogara Tells Southern Kaduna Residents. / 2019 Budget: Blame Yourself For Delay In Passage – Dogara Tells Buhari / What Would End APC Crisis – Dogara Tells Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Muttee: 12:17am On Jan 01, 2019

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, has urged Nigerians not to despair, but look to the future with optimism and absolute faith in the Almighty God as the country moves into 2019.

In a new year message, Speaker Dogara acknowledged that 2018 was characterised by unprecedented spate of needless killings, decline in the nation’s economy, unemployment, general insecurity and other acts of lawlessness due to poor governance but is persuaded that 2019 offers Nigerians a unique opportunity to renew their faith and hope in God and the country, as well as take full control of their destiny.

Noting the importance of the next few weeks preceding the general elections, Hon Dogara challenged Nigerians to be patriotic and committed to their civic responsibility by turning out enmasse to elect leaders that will be sensitive to their yearnings and aspirations, provide the requisite security for their lives and properties.

The speaker said, “The year 2019 presents a unique opportunity for us to take full control of our nation and our destiny. It is also time for us to take responsibility for our own lives, rekindle the spirit of community and strive towards making Nigeria work again in all its ramifications.

“A democratic government should always depend on its citizens to whom power belongs as the reverse will only amount to slavery. Hence, we must continue to demonstrate patriotism, cooperation, dedication and resilience in order to overcome our challenges and triumph over the forces of retrogression.

” As the 2019 general elections draw close, I enjoin us all to remain vigilant against anti democratic forces and remain committed to enthroning a government that is sensitive to our yearnings and aspirations.

“On our part as lawmakers, we shall continue to work as the central institution of democracy through which the will of the people is expressed, especially as the nation approaches very trying times yet.

“On behalf of the leadership and the entire members of the House of Representatives, I wish all Nigerians a happy and prosperous New Year even as I pray that God Almighty will lift our nation to greater heights in the New Year.”

https://all-gists..com/2019/01/new-year-message-dont-despair-god-is-still-in-charge-dogara-tells-nigerians.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Imustreturn(m): 1:12am On Jan 01, 2019
May 2019 be favourable to every reasonable Nigerian and those who want the best for this country.

FTC ON A NEW YEAR.

WOOW

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY NAIRALAND FAMILY

MORE BLESSINGS UPON US

7 Likes

Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by henryugo(m): 1:12am On Jan 01, 2019
Even a blind man knows that the hand of God is upon Nigeria. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL, blessing fall on you.....

6 Likes

Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by JikanSammani(m): 1:15am On Jan 01, 2019
DOGARA IKON ALLAH

1 Like

Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by naijjaman(m): 1:16am On Jan 01, 2019
cheesy

May God deliver us from the hands of those who don't deserve to be our leaders.

May God destroy the plans of those who are working behind the scene to rig the next Nigerian elections.

May we all live long to see our beloved Country become stable and progress like other great Nations of the world.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 1:16am On Jan 01, 2019
I didn't read this article but why will a man rape his daughter and kill his wife's boyfriend just like that
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 01, 2019
It is expected from politicians to see positive things about especially now that elections are fast approaching. If you know you know
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by sukerefakere(m): 1:21am On Jan 01, 2019
Prophet(ESS) SUKERE FAKERE NEW YEAR MESSAGE:
LEAVE NIGERIA BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by chuose2: 1:22am On Jan 01, 2019
May God deliver us from these fake pastors who defraud us.

Watch Daddy Freeze expose how fake Adeboye's prophecies are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsyhuY8Ely0

1 Like

Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Cigo1(m): 1:22am On Jan 01, 2019
Lol.
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by edlion57(m): 1:23am On Jan 01, 2019
God pls save us from buhari
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by daddytime(m): 1:23am On Jan 01, 2019
Keep kwayet there...una sabi God?

Thank God I'm not god...as you mention gooo...na better konk I for give you for head make you just dey hala gooo gooo dey go everywhere wey you dey go for bringing my name to disrepute....monkeys
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Lionsbet: 1:24am On Jan 01, 2019
Which God! Where is the proof there is a God somewhere?

Nigerians and hypocrisy be like Naija celeb and Instagram.

In other news Have you heard of a new sports betting website designed for you to win big, sit back and read why you should stick with Lionsbet.

¤ Frequent player points, you get point for every game you play with a minimum of #100. And once this point has been accumulated up to 1000 points you can turn it into cash. 

¤Deposit achievement. You get part of your deposit back when you use Lionsbet. 

¤Cash back feature where you get 15% of your winnings if one game cuts your ticket 

¤There is the cash out feature which enables you to cash out at any point in time. 

¤Lionsbet have the highest odds in the market. This is the fact, you can compare. And it has helped me a lot. 

¤100% first deposit bonus up to 100k. If you deposit 100k you get an additional 100k which shows in your acct immediately.

¤They have the fastest payout ever. They even payout during weekends. One time I got alert at 6am lol

¤Amazing accumulator bonus when you pick at least 3 games. One of a kind

¤Free giveaways via social media giveaways, just ff them on their different social media platforms plus if you are a MTN user, you get to browse the website for free. Isn't that amazing?

And so much more, just sign up on the link below on my signature and do yourself a favour win big. You can quote me for more questions. Good luck!! Bet responsibly!!!
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by hyfr(m): 1:26am On Jan 01, 2019
henryugo:
Even a blind man knows that the hand of God is upon Nigeria. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL, blessing fall on you.....
dont deceive yourself and some ignorant other's. Gods hand is off Nigeria, till we seek his face and cry unto him. What evidence or what testimony can we give as people living under Gods hand
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by hyfr(m): 1:27am On Jan 01, 2019
daddytime:
Keep kwayet there...una sabi God?

Thank God I'm not god...as you mention gooo...na better konk I for five you for head make you dey gooo eveeywhere wey you go....monkeys
2k19 shall be filled with more wisdom and blessing for you. Youre amongst the few people who decided to take their brain into 2k19

1 Like

Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Antichristus: 1:28am On Jan 01, 2019
It’s easy to make this claim given this young man’s earning and emoluments. Ordinary Nigerians need to wake and refuse to allow these rogues to use religion to force them into submission. This is 2019, take back Nigeria from these wolves in sheep’s clothing.

If truly God is in charge of Nigeria, it’s either he is not omnipotent (as to use his power to get rid of those hawks who have despoiled Nigeria) or he is not omnibenevolent. Hence, he allows suffering to continue on such a large scale. Epicurus was right. Theodicy claims are utterly wrong.

1 Like

Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by daddytime(m): 1:29am On Jan 01, 2019
hyfr:
2k19 shall be filled with more wisdom and blessing for you. Youre amongst the few people who decided to take their brain into 2k19

I wish you more of same jaree

1 Like

Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by usebog: 1:29am On Jan 01, 2019
Funny thieves
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Topmaike007(m): 1:30am On Jan 01, 2019
chuose2:
May God deliver us from these fake pastors who defraud us.

Watch Daddy Freeze expose how fake Adeboye's prophecies are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsyhuY8Ely0
for this new year,una Don come again.....anti Christ
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by tit(f): 1:33am On Jan 01, 2019
chaaai!
so Dino is doing watchnight in cell?
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by macello4(m): 1:37am On Jan 01, 2019
Lionsbet:
Which God! Where is the proof there is a God somewhere?

Nigerians and hypocrisy be like Naija celeb and Instagram.

In other news Have you heard of a new sports betting website designed for you to win big, sit back and read why you should stick with Lionsbet.

¤ Frequent player points, you get point for every game you play with a minimum of #100. And once this point has been accumulated up to 1000 points you can turn it into cash.

¤Deposit achievement. You get part of your deposit back when you use Lionsbet.

¤Cash back feature where you get 15% of your winnings if one game cuts your ticket

¤There is the cash out feature which enables you to cash out at any point in time.

¤Lionsbet have the highest odds in the market. This is the fact, you can compare. And it has helped me a lot.

¤100% first deposit bonus up to 100k. If you deposit 100k you get an additional 100k which shows in your acct immediately.

¤They have the fastest payout ever. They even payout during weekends. One time I got alert at 6am lol

¤Amazing accumulator bonus when you pick at least 3 games. One of a kind

¤Free giveaways via social media giveaways, just ff them on their different social media platforms plus if you are a MTN user, you get to browse the website for free. Isn't that amazing?

And so much more, just sign up on the link below on my signature and do yourself a favour win big. You can quote me for more questions. Good luck!! Bet responsibly!!!
it sims all is not alrite with u.
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by EddyNumerouno(m): 1:39am On Jan 01, 2019
Imagine
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Athena4: 1:39am On Jan 01, 2019
No offense but it's high time Nigerians realize that you cannot leave everything to God. What type of stupid thinking is this one? You siddon dey look your shît,He Kukuma sidon dey you while wondering why you so daft.
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by aishapmbtoto: 1:45am On Jan 01, 2019
Apt
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Lexusgs430: 1:52am On Jan 01, 2019
I laugh in hausa... While he is busy earning 13 million + a month, we should put our hope in God?

What a hopeless situation.....
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by chiedu7: 1:56am On Jan 01, 2019
no Prophecy from Adeboye
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Larryfest(m): 1:56am On Jan 01, 2019
Thought the first Lady said it's two people who are in control of Nigeria it's now this one knows that God is still in control after all the rubbish they have put Nigerians into..
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Thobiy(m): 1:58am On Jan 01, 2019
The good Lord is in control
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by chuose2: 2:54am On Jan 01, 2019
Topmaike007:
for this new year,una Don come again.....anti Christ

na Adeboye be anti-christ man,na why God don expose am grin
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by madjune(m): 4:23am On Jan 01, 2019
Nigeria and religion in governance.

I hate this sort of headline from a politician on new year day.
Of cos, God is in charge and watching over us but for Pete's sake, try and deliver on your job.

God won't come down and clean up Nigeria mess for Nigerians.

Nigerians will do it themselves.
Re: New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians by Samnavy: 7:21am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New year

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr Macaroni Leads The Lekki Toll Gate Protesters (video) / Enugu First Flyover Cracks Few Days After It Was Completed & Painted: Video / Reps Receive 40 Bills On Constitution Amendment, Set December 2025 Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.