Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP (9943 Views)

Ortom: Why G-5 Governors Can’t Join Atiku Campaign / Why I Left APC - Bukola Saraki Reveals More / I Am Happy The Mercenaries Have Left APC - Oshiomhole Reacts To Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by Mrakeli: 4:53am On Jan 01, 2019
Gov Samuel Ortom has said that he chose to pursue his governorship ambition on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party because it was a more credible alternative for him to achieve his policies.

Ortom stated this on Monday in Makurdi, during the flag-off of his governorship campaign.

The governor, who won his election on the platform of the APC where he defected , after losing the PDP governorship ticket in 2014, returned to the PDP some months ago.

“We had to abandon that platform in search of one that offers more accommodation and support for our policies, especially the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law 2017,” he said.

He regretted that highly paced officials in the APC-led Federal Government made various attempts to frustrate an imperative legislation aimed at finding lasting peace between farmers and herders in the state.

“Such frustrating efforts by highly placed members of the federal government necessitated my exit from the party to one that will not compromise our stance on a matter so key to the Benue people.

“This is the platform on which we seek the renewal of our mandate. No one will bend us as far as the Ranching Law is concerned because we draw consent and sustained support from the Benue people,” he said.

Ortom, while reacting to critics’ allegation that he had not performed, declared that he had done well “given the circumstances of our economy and unwarranted aggression and attacks on Benue”.

“I may not be a genius, but I perfectly know what I wanted as a governor. I cannot lie to the people that trust me. Take this truth from me; my government has done well, and statistics don’t lie.”

Commenting on non-payment of salaries, the governor said that funds were being sourced to pay outstanding arrears of salaries, gratuities, and pensions.

The former Senate President, David Mark, appealed to the Benue electorate to vote massively for all candidates seeking elections on the party’s platform to secure a better future for the state.

A former governor of the state and a senatorial candidate of the party, Mr Gabriel Suswam, accused the APC of being insensitive to the plight of Nigerians.

He, therefore, urged the people to vote for the PDP and reject the APC.

Earlier, in his remarks, former Minister of Interior, Mr Abba Moro, also a senatorial candidate, assured Ortom that the people from Benue South Senatorial zone would vote for the PDP.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that dignitaries at the event included the National Deputy Secretary of the party, Mr Emmanuel Agbo, an ex senate president, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, PDP board member, Mrs. Margaret Icheen, and Ortom’s appointees.

More at https://www.akelicious.net/2019/01/ortom-why-i-left-apc-to-join-pdp.html

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by Chepos1(m): 5:07am On Jan 01, 2019
Ortom have dry cleaned Benue state so much that there is no moisture in it again. Febuhari will correct all the abnormalities.

9 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by googlepikins: 6:36am On Jan 01, 2019
APC is a miyeti Allah party, set to kill all Christians in the middle-belt.

If you know you know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by LUGBE: 6:38am On Jan 01, 2019
You took wise decision, Apc could have dealt with you the way they are dealing with Ambode, okoroawusa ,Ogun and zamfara governor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 01, 2019
This guy is giving excuses, ha failed long before the herds men issues.

3 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by oyeb15: 6:45am On Jan 01, 2019
most clueless governor in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by cockcrowatdawn(m): 6:47am On Jan 01, 2019
Apc is a useless godfathered party
If ortom had remained in apc that midget oshiomole would have unleashed his agbero character with blackmail against him.
Ortom is more efficient in pdp today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by adamooye: 6:49am On Jan 01, 2019
I thought it was the youth that asked him to cross over�

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:50am On Jan 01, 2019
When I see this guy...vex the worry me

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by BubuZombi: 6:52am On Jan 01, 2019
... I almost for got this man exist ever since he joins PDP

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by danemenike: 6:54am On Jan 01, 2019
Will you win under PDP? If Yes, you made a great decision.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by yjgm(m): 7:03am On Jan 01, 2019
Hmmmm. What manner of politician. We all know why you left. You didn't serve your people well. Salaries were not paid despite the Paris club refund and other money you received. The best option for you to get a second term was to create the impression you are fighting for your people base on the fatmer/herdsmen crisis. You created a sentimental feeling across the state. Ortom, take a chill. The day of reckoning will come

12 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 01, 2019
Lucid1:
This guy is giving excuses, ha failed long before the herds men issues.

The topic is not about failure, it's about his decamping.

If na failure u wan talk, the whole governors have failed.

Nigeria has failed too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by Toosure70: 7:08am On Jan 01, 2019
This is new year o.
Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by Omeokachie: 7:08am On Jan 01, 2019
Leaving the gathering of violent men to a peaceful group is always a good move.
Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by BafanaBafana: 7:11am On Jan 01, 2019
Was it not Ortom that told us his party had given him red card?
Ortom was a liability to APC and they party leaders told him plainly he wasn't gonna be given ticket. That's why he left. Even pdp wouldn't have given him ticket. But you know pdp and their ways. The man with the deepest pocket wins.

5 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by asanwafo: 7:14am On Jan 01, 2019
Are the herdsmen still killing people in Benue state after decamping to PDP? U were used by PDP to destabilize North central for PMB. I still maintain the killing in Benue state was political & Gov Ortom knows the truth.

9 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by yommen: 7:14am On Jan 01, 2019
LUGBE:
You took wise decision, Apc could have dealt with you the way they are dealing with Ambode, okoroawusa ,Ogun and zamfara governor

Oga, abeg pack well. Lagosians already lost faith in Ambode himself. Ambode failed Lagos unlike his predecessors.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:16am On Jan 01, 2019
asanwafo:
Are the herdsmen still killing people in Benue state after decamping to PDP? U were used by PDP to destabilize North central for PMB. I still maintain the killing in Benue state was political & Gov Ortom knows the truth.
Truth

Immediately he decamped the killings stopped
Same way they are sponsoring large scale slaughter in Zamfara and Plateau to blackmail the APC state governors to decamp

5 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by sandland: 7:26am On Jan 01, 2019
Your enemies drove you out of Apc and the killing stopped. Whoever that responsible for the killing wants you out of a Apc.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by benuejosh: 7:36am On Jan 01, 2019
Ortom we all know those behind that crisis, that you motivated and sponsored it to make gains which you did make.

His one and only achievement is Anti-Open grazing. That's the only thing Ortom ever mentions when people ask him of achievements made in office. At some point he says he couldn't do anything because he was in APC now that he decamped to PDP things got worst.

Benue people are tired of hearing his name. No body in Benue speaks good of him, his new name is MR BURIAL(because when ever they ask him of what he did in the state, he answer is always ' the herdsmen crisis distracted him and he even buried more than 88 people. So since that is his only answer, they tagged him MR BURIAL). Ortom decamping to PDP spoilt every chance PDP had in the state. Benue People HATE HIM.

It is Over for you in Benue. APC ti take over. Benue people hate him with Passion. If you think PDP will win in Benue, then you seriously need to be checked. I stay in Benue and i know what i am saying. PDP has no single chance in Benue. Mr Burial has buried even PDP not just the dead and gone humans that he is using to play politics with.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by obonujoker(m): 7:43am On Jan 01, 2019
yommen:

Oga, abeg pack well. Lagosians already lost faith in Ambode himself. Ambode failed Lagos unlike his predecessors.

Ambode failed Lagos, buh Buhari hasn't failed Nigeria, abi??
And in what ways did Ambode fail Lagos, if not trying to remove theft in Lagos civil service and watering of politicians pocket??
Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by supereagle(m): 7:49am On Jan 01, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Was it not Ortom that told us his party had given him red card?
Ortom was a liability to APC and they party leaders told him plainly he wasn't gonna be given ticket. That's why he left. Even pdp wouldn't have given him ticket. But you know pdp and their ways. The man with the deepest pocket wins.

The man with deepest pocket wins in PDP. God bless you for that statement. Atiku dollars picked the ticket for him.

3 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by Bizzysmitty(m): 7:53am On Jan 01, 2019
This man wey no pay December salary.
Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by Kassidy4luv(m): 7:54am On Jan 01, 2019
The best decision in 2018.
Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by paparazzi1987(m): 7:56am On Jan 01, 2019
this foolish man again ! undecided

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by bknight: 8:00am On Jan 01, 2019
He opposed open-grazing even while in APC. A good thing.

After reading comments above, I wonder what these same people will say about Yahaya Bello undecided
Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by Ruddyman(m): 8:06am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New Year Sir

Re: Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP by straighttalk(m): 8:16am On Jan 01, 2019
Please, Save us your Explanation. It's your decision, it's your cross.
Just tell us why you think you deserve our re-election
Enjoy your opposition. Everybody cannot be in the ruling party.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Postpones All Bye-Elections Over Security Situation / Ibanga Bassey: Senator Bassey Otu Is A Risky Choice For Cross Rivers APC / Lagos Parks, Garages Committee Alleges Threat To Life Of Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.