Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,895 members, 7,810,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga (2312 Views)

How To Add Friend On Maskgun Multiplayer Fps Android Gameplay #42 / Far Cry 5 (and Why I Still Hate Fps) / Please Guys Help A Nigga With Fmm 2019 Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by KuzBoi29(m): 9:30am On Jan 01, 2019
Hello guys, i'm experiencing fps drop whenever charger is plugged into my pc but runs way better when it's not plugged and uses battery ...this started few days ago please can anyone offer help ?
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by MiracleOparah(m): 10:07am On Jan 01, 2019
KuzBoi29:
Hello guys, i'm experiencing fps drop whenever charger is plugged into my pc but runs way better when it's not plugged and uses battery ...this started few days ago please can anyone offer help ?

Check if your power planned is set to power saver when plugged in. Change all power plans to performance or balanced

2 Likes

Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by KuzBoi29(m): 10:31am On Jan 01, 2019
MiracleOparah:

Check if your power planned is set to power saver when plugged in. Change all power plans to performance or balanced
No it's not set to power saver every settings are on high performance
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by Controller360: 11:14am On Jan 01, 2019
KuzBoi29:
It's probably the charger. It happened to a friend of mine also until he borrowed another charger from someone and game was smooth even with the charger plugged in.
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by MiracleOparah(m): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
The charger may it be delivering enough juice. Contact your hardware vendor

1 Like

Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by KuzBoi29(m): 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
Controller360:

It's probably the charger. It happened to a friend of mine also until he borrowed another charger from someone and game was smooth even with the charger plugged in.
bro someone also told me it could be charger problem but i don't think it is because the charger came with the pc and it's not even upto 2 months yet. i don't want to buy another charger then still find out same problem
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by Controller360: 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
KuzBoi29:
bro someone also told me it could be charger problem but i don't think it is because the charger came with the pc and it's not even upto 2 months yet. i don't want to buy another charger then still find out same problem
You could find someone else's to borrow.. Just to test it before thinking of getting another..
My friend's own also came with his pc

1 Like

Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by GameGod(m): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
KuzBoi29:
Have you tried undervolting your cpu using intel extreme turning utility (xtu)?
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by KuzBoi29(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2019
GameGod:

Have you tried undervolting your cpu using intel extreme turning utility (xtu)?
no but I tried throttling stop app but never works , I have a 940mx graphics card
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by GameGod(m): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2019
KuzBoi29:
no but I tried throttling stop app but never works , I have a 940mx graphics card
Try undervolting your cpu using intel extreme turning utility, it's 100% safe and very easy.
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by blazerinno(m): 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2019
Charger issue most likely... Your GPU is a low end one and can run on battery well... Once you plug up, your frame rate is only meant to go up and that's if the GPU ain't receiving much power already from the battery... Your laptop switches to your power supply once you plug up and frame drops mean your GPU is starving... My laptop has a 1060 GPU and can't run fully on battery due to the power needs so I see frame drops when I am on battery... Once I plug up, I get full power and even on ultra gaming, my battery combines with my 180w supply to feed the CPU and GPU... Try out another charger and see
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by blazerinno(m): 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2019
GameGod:

Try undervolting your cpu using intel extreme turning utility, it's 100% safe and very easy.
Undervolting your CPU is only really necessary when your CPU is running too hot. Frame drops are usually highly dependent on the GPU and it will take a massive drop in clock speeds on the CPU to see any frame drops... Your GPU is more important for gaming... For example, my Alienware has a core i7 8750h and 1060... Before I changed my thermal paste, my CPU usually runs hot... When it gets too hot, it thermal throttles and the speeds go from 3.9ghz to about 3.2-3.5ghz in-game(I monitor using msi afterburner on screen display...I don't see any frame drops caused by this but when the GPU throttles, you'll definitely see... It is most likely his power adapter

2 Likes

Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by GameGod(m): 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2019
blazerinno:

Undervolting your CPU is only really necessary when your CPU is running too hot. Frame drops are usually highly dependent on the GPU and it will take a massive drop in clock speeds on the CPU to see any frame drops... Your GPU is more important for gaming... For example, my Alienware has a core i7 8750h and 1060... Before I changed my thermal paste, my CPU usually runs hot... When it gets too hot, it thermal throttles and the speeds go from 3.9ghz to about 3.2-3.5ghz in-game(I monitor using msi afterburner on screen display...I don't see any frame drops caused by this but when the GPU throttles, you'll definitely see... It is most likely his power adapter
In most cases: Yes, undervolting does not increase FPS in games in anyway, however it's highly recommended for users to undervolt their CPU as it consumes less power, reduces heats and make the PC to last longer & you have been clearly misinformed, you can undervolt CPU even when it doesn't overheat.

In some cases, undervolting does really increase FPS in some games. Games like GTA v depends on CPU clock speed not just the GPU alone. One of my friends undervolt his CPU and he got a massive increase in fps in GTA v, but there wasn't any change in other game's FPS. So the op should definitely give undervolting a try.
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by GameGod(m): 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2019
blazerinno:
Charger issue most likely... Your GPU is a low end one and can run on battery well... Once you plug up, your frame rate is only meant to go up and that's if the GPU ain't receiving much power already from the battery... Your laptop switches to your power supply once you plug up and frame drops mean your GPU is starving... My laptop has a 1060 GPU and can't run fully on battery due to the power needs so I see frame drops when I am on battery... Once I plug up, I get full power and even on ultra gaming, my battery combines with my 180w supply to feed the CPU and GPU... Try out another charger and see
It is called "nvidia battery boost", what nvidia battery boost does is it caps games at 30fps to make the battery run longer. So the reason the frames drop when you are on battery is because your Nvidia battery settings is in "power saving mode" to preserve as much power as possible. Go to your Nvidia settings and enabled "maximum performance" in battery options, you will not experience the frame drops while gaming on battery, however it greatly reduces the amount of battery time, due to running at max performance during this time. So basically the frame drops you experience is due to power saving mode(nvidia battery boost) not power.
Re: FPS Drops When Charger Is Plugged In , Please Help A Nigga by FrostyButter: 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
blazerinno:

HI, What thermal paste did you use and did you get it here in Nig? I'm trying to order one and it would take a long while to get delivered.

(1) (Reply)

Have U Finished All The Levels In Zuma Revenge / Please Can Anyone Help Me With Sites I Can Download Offline Android Games / E-pes 2020 Mobile Accounts For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.