Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations (24444 Views)

REVEALED: Social Media Acronyms & Their Meaning (MUST READ) / Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know / Social Media Acronyms Every User Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
How many people do you think know these abbreviations.
Use them on the average Nigerian guy and you are completely OYO.
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by okwabayi(m): 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
Right from 2013 I started disowning people who used abbreviations in chats. There is a reason devices now have qwerty keyboards: it is so everyone gets forced to type full sentences. I see the use of abbreviations as straight laziness and unexposure. I don't want stupid friends, the world is already too full of those kinds of people.
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
ExAngel007:
Gone are FWD means four wheel Drive take note ogbeni
the days where emails contained complete sentences, the new generation messaging system has a lot of abbreviations packed in. Abbreviations that save us the stress of having to type complete sentences and in turn allowing us to spend less time typing emails.

These abbreviations have been accepted by people all over the world, include cooperate firms.

As useful as abbreviations sounds, not having knowledge of their meanings can completely destroy their purpose, As would spend more time trying to research their meaning and may actually leave you looking like a total nerd in the eyes of many. In this article, you are going to learn 50 most used abbreviations in emails.

Knowledge of these abbreviations will make your typing faster and make reading emails more fun. The list of abbreviations includes:

1. NRN – No Reply Necessary

2. LET – Leaving early today

3. EOM – End of message

4. PRB – Please Reply By

5. HTH – Hope that helps

6. WEH – Working from home

7. TLTR – Too long to read

8. TL;DR – Too long; Didn’t read

9. Y/N – Yes or No

10. ooo – Out of office

11. EOD – End of day

12. EOW – End of week

13. SFW – Safe for work

14. LMK – Let me know

15. IMO – In my opinion

16. BTW – By the way

17. IDK – I don’t know

18. FWIW – For what it’s worth

19. FYI – For your information

20. TYT – Take your time

21. AFAIK – As far as I know

22. AKA – Also known as

23. Approx – Approximately

24. ASAP – As soon as possible

25. BAC – By any chance

26. B4 – Before

27. BK – Because

28. BRB – Be right back

29. COD – Cash on delivery

30. CC – Carbon copy

31. CU – See you

32. CUL – See you later

33. DBA – Doing business as

34. EA – Each

35. EOF – End of file

36. F2F – Face to face

37. FWD – Forward

38. FYI – For your information

39. GA – Go ahead

40. HAND – Have a nice day

41. HHOK – haha only kidding

42. IAC – in any case

43. IOW – In other words

44. IDK – I don’t know

45. INC – Including, included

46. NN2R – No need to reply

47. OTOH – on the other hand

48. Re – Regarding

49. Res – Response

50. ROM – Read only member

These are 50 most used abbreviations in Emails. It is important you learn them and gain mastery, as they will make sending and reading Emails easier for you.

Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by FunctionX(m): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
JasonScoolari:
While Nairaland have something similar

FTC- First to comment
BMC- Buhari Media Cows/Crew
NCAN- Name Checkers Association of Nairaland
STFU- Shut Tha Furck Up
VAN- Vaseline crew Association of Nairaland.

Buhari Media Cows ..LMAO.. This does it for me. May the year bring us smiles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by highsurge: 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ahha. Sign of good, and interactive session I see now on nairaland... Our strength lies on our UNITY... let us ALL put our differences aside and pursue a United, secured and an empowered nation.. Nigeria shall be GREAT again...
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by virago(f): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
ExAngel007:
Gone are the days where emails contained complete sentences, the new generation messaging system has a lot of abbreviations packed in. Abbreviations that save us the stress of having to type complete sentences and in turn allowing us to spend less time typing emails.

These abbreviations have been accepted by people all over the world, include cooperate firms.

As useful as abbreviations sounds, not having knowledge of their meanings can completely destroy their purpose, As would spend more time trying to research their meaning and may actually leave you looking like a total nerd in the eyes of many. In this article, you are going to learn 50 most used abbreviations in emails.

Knowledge of these abbreviations will make your typing faster and make reading emails more fun. The list of abbreviations includes:

3. EOM – End of message

4. PRB – Please Reply By

5. HTH – Hope that helps

9. Y/N – Yes or No

10. ooo – Out of office

11. EOD – End of day

12. EOW – End of week

13. SFW – Safe for work

14. LMK – Let me know

15. IMO – In my opinion

16. BTW – By the way

17. IDK – I don’t know

20. TYT – Take your time

22. AKA – Also known as

25. BAC – By any chance

26. B4 – Before

27. BK – Because

28. BRB – Be right back

30. CC – Carbon copy

31. CU – See you

32. CUL – See you later

34. EA – Each

35. EOF – End of file

36. F2F – Face to face

37. FWD – Forward

39. GA – Go ahead

42. IAC – in any case

43. IOW – In other words

44. IDK – I don’t know

48. Re – Regarding

49. Res – Response

These are 50 most used abbreviations in Emails. It is important you learn them and gain mastery, as they will make sending and reading Emails easier for you.

You repeated two , nos 19 and 38 with nos 17 and 44 , so it's safe to say it's 48 and not 50

1 Like

Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Burgerlomo: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
ZombieTAMER:
B2D------- Back to Daura

1 Like

Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Ayobami7(m): 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
Noted
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
WRT - With respect to
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by dahmie2013: 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
Nice info!
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Xcore91: 7:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
JasonScoolari:

FTC- First to comment
STFU- Shut Tha Furck Up
can we create a separate thread out of this go make sense wella
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Thojan(m): 7:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
OP you didn't add IFO In Favour Of IRO In Respect Of
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Jarus(m): 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mitchewww:
Email or chats?

I personally find it annoying when people use it in chats.

Whoever you are, whatever you do, please, don't ever try this in any email.

If you can avoid it in chats too, better.

Have not seen more than 90% of these yet am active in some forums where people use these.

Some of them are almost standard. FYI and re are well used in email communication at highest level, even by CEOs of global companies.
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2019
Anyone with an idea of what "AF" is??
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by mrkia(m): 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
PMB - presidential Muhammadu Buhari

Gej - Good luck Ebele Jonathan
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by kurtisblue: 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
It's not upto 50.
number 19 and number 38 are same.
Or is there something i am missing?

Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Mitchewww(m): 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
Jarus:

Some of them are almost standard. FYI and re are well used in email communication at highest level, even by CEOs of global companies.

You named just mentioned one.

Name 5 of them from that list that is used in cooperate mails aside Asap,IMO, AKA, FYI .. Just 5 will do.

This is simply laziness. Words are too short and simple to write for me to start learning these things.
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by samwobi(m): 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
JasonScoolari:

FTC- First to comment
STFU- Shut Tha Furck Up
What Of Op, I Dont Knw D Meaning O *covers Head*
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by oriewanbe: 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
SMH, so you can't remember this, SMH
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by News101: 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
This is complete nonsense. It doesn't make any sense. It only makes sense in informal mails. Stop spreading what makes no sense. This can't be used for formal mails.
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Jarus(m): 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mitchewww:

Name 5 of them from that list that is used in cooperate mails aside Asap,IMO, AKA, FYI .. Just 5 will do.

This is simply laziness. Words are too short and simple to write for me to start learning these things.

Oga, it doesn't look like we are operating on the same plane. Not sure you will understand no matter how well I explain.
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Bamz(m): 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
BR - Best Regards
PFA -Please Find Attachment
AEAP - As Early As Possible
PYR - Per Your Request.

1 Like

Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by tansho(m): 11:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
abbasajao:

Abeg what does OP mean

Opening poster
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by boujeeassnigga(m): 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hey u forgot to add IDFWU
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by airsaylongcon: 1:32am On Jan 02, 2019
Mitchewww:

You called it "cooperate" when it should be CORPORATE. That's already signs of being sloppy so I wonder what you're tripping over about the use of acronyms some of which have become standard in email communications in the corporate world.

So from that list, here are 5 standard widely used and accepted acronyms.
1) CC
2) COD (or CoD)
3) OOO (out of office)
4) RE
5)FWD
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Herdeybayo1(m): 3:28am On Jan 02, 2019
TLTR please
Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by benflin(m): 4:03am On Jan 02, 2019
PFA; PLEASE FIND ATTACHED

1 Like

Re: 50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations by Mryacks: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
ExAngel007:
Gone are the days where emails contained complete sentences, the new generation messaging system has a lot of abbreviations packed in. Abbreviations that save us the stress of having to type complete sentences and in turn allowing us to spend less time typing emails.

3. EOM – End of message

4. PRB – Please Reply By

5. HTH – Hope that helps

9. Y/N – Yes or No

10. ooo – Out of office

11. EOD – End of day

12. EOW – End of week

13. SFW – Safe for work

14. LMK – Let me know

15. IMO – In my opinion

16. BTW – By the way

17. IDK – I don’t know

20. TYT – Take your time

22. AKA – Also known as

25. BAC – By any chance

26. B4 – Before

27. BK – Because

28. BRB – Be right back

30. CC – Carbon copy

31. CU – See you

32. CUL – See you later

34. EA – Each

35. EOF – End of file

36. F2F – Face to face

37. FWD – Forward

39. GA – Go ahead

42. IAC – in any case

43. IOW – In other words

44. IDK – I don’t know

48. Re – Regarding

49. Res – Response

Learned some..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apple Announces Macbook Pro With New M1 Pro And M1 Max / How Fast Is Your Internet? / Nokia 7 Plus Sells Out In 5 Minutes In China - GSM Arena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.