Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 - Business (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 (348468 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (339) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AwesomeDuru(m): 11:34am On Mar 12, 2019
pinbar:

i will give you guys a hint this day on how market makers do their stuff.....perhaps it will improve your performance in the fx market.

Market makers enjoy red news cos it gives them the opportunity to move price to where they want . What you see happening to GBP is not new when news like this is coming.... it defiles chart analyses and rubbishes known chart patterns .

They actually keep pushing price as far as they can taking out stops only for them to dump in a massive way. So in other words, GBP is going to drop like no mans business later today, if you are long, you are actually on a loooooong thing.

Cheers
You have eyes bro. I have resumed selling GBPNZD and GBPAUD.

My love for GBP pairs will do me in in this my Forex Career embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 11:43am On Mar 12, 2019
Experience is the best teacher. All that's happening is an opportunity to learn. If you pay attention to the big Tf. News will be fuel to price movement.
GBP has always been known to be one of the most radical currency.
Good MM. Overtrading is an unforgivable sin in this business.
All through yesterday I never see GBP selling but I was expecting a bull though never expecting that much in one day but I was thinking it will take days. So news as usual fuel the move. That's what news is for. Fuel the move, shake the ground and throw the unprepared traders out of balance. When serious news happens your sl will not work. Your broker platform will do you wayo. So MM, long term perspective and patience will help you much better.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AwesomeDuru(m): 11:44am On Mar 12, 2019
Shevychen2:

Sorry about your loss. Keeping tabs with fundamentals on your own is quicker than relying on a forum. Forex Factory had the vote lined up since last week. Maybe you didn't look well. Besides the vote was announced weeks ago and lots of news pieces have been done around it since then. Doesn't take more than 10 minutes to be aware of all the high impact news for a week. You can even set your Forex Factory to only show you the red data.

Your account falling from 102 to 58 has more to do with strategy, psychology and money management than the news though. That's a combined 440 pips loss at 0.01 to 10 cents. Must have opened two GBP based trades because not even GJ has done 440 pips since yesterday till now. Or did you have 200+ pips SL as a day trader? Too much if so. Learn from it. You still have $58 or 580 pips worth of risk to put to good use.
2 open positions on GBPAUD, 2 open positions on GBPNZD. I thought it was time to finally kill the market embarassed

Lesson learnt. No analysis is failproof, Money Management matters most cry

It's nice to see the old hands are coming back to the thread smiley

Infofirst coman see how badly I have done. I need beating angry
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 11:46am On Mar 12, 2019
AwesomeDuru:

Just know where to sell and buy. That shd be your assignment when you are not trading. Combining too many Gbp pairs at a time can hurt just as It can help.
Meanwhile Gbp to me will still break the last swing high. That's the mission. So enjoy the rides here and there.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by GladmanGoddey(m): 11:48am On Mar 12, 2019
PJAMES1:

It's just my opinion. Our experiences shape our bias. Have had a bad experience with a major economic event before. Hence, my bias. Still learning.
But I understand your point. Proper money management and the use of stop loss should be good enough to avert any major mishap.
Thank you for the tip.
I heard people say during highly volatile period that your stop loss may not be triggered, how do you prevent such?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by redsox11: 11:49am On Mar 12, 2019
Edd1e:

Nice tutorials bro.
I observed GBP pairs today. Could have made a nice profit using this strategy. Keep 'em coming boss.
Happy pipping
That's why I call it low risk high reward, you will get in with tight SL. Problem is it's asian session when a lot of people are sleeping and can't trade. There's a setup every week.

collitexnaira:

Boss, beside forexfactory, which other reliable platform can one get news that speculate more on news that will move the market. Because looking at forexfactory i couldn't see any indication that there will be Brexit news this week.

Few other site, even some do live cast and speculation. I use FF tho and from there you can see brexit on Tuesday, that alone tells you that it's brexit week, and expect some crazy manipulation. Same happen Jan and all other week we have brexit news.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 11:49am On Mar 12, 2019
AwesomeDuru:
2 open positions on GBPAUD, 2 open positions on GBPNZD. I thought it was time to finally kill the market embarassed

Lesson learnt. No analysis is failproof, Money Management matters most cry

It's nice to see the old hands are coming back to the thread smiley

Infofirst coman see how badly I have done. I need beating angry

You will bounce. Just learn from it. The market does not forgive over trading.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 11:52am On Mar 12, 2019
While you are looking for news as explanation. Look at what I was looking, if you are me, what would you have done when gu approached 1.295*.......if you trust your analysis.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by pinbar(m): 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
AwesomeDuru:

Please be careful, 2 GBP trades for your account may be too much excitement, you may actually hit a jackpot but then again, we wanna treat it like a business, right?

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
GladmanGoddey:

I heard people say during highly volatile period that your stop loss may not be triggered, how do you prevent such?

MM. Patience, discipline, long term view.
FX no b beans and it's even more challenging for a naija trader. Man need to make the money at all cost.

Like me for example, I strongly believe am one of the crazy trader in this market. I do not use stop loss. Even when I state stops for a trade, I only use mental stops. I can let a trade run for a year. I usually trade Islamic account so no swap. I can b fine with minus 1000 pips. Once am in line with the long Tf. Am good. Don't copy my approach because our experience and situation are not the same. But the safest approach is to never compromise MM. Imagine some one trading 0.01 lot on a $1000 account and not taking more than two trades. Such will do very fine without fear of news or what have you.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by GladmanGoddey(m): 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2019
GBP is going berserk shocked

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by GladmanGoddey(m): 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
infofirst:

FX no b beans and it's even more challenging for a naija trader. Man need to make the money at all cost.
very true grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by pinbar(m): 12:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
GladmanGoddey:

Nah.... its just paying the bills grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 12:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
GladmanGoddey:

One of what GBP is known for. Trade safe.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Shevychen2: 12:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
infofirst:

Just know where to sell and buy. That shd be your assignment when you are not trading. Combining too many Gbp pairs at a time can hurt just as It can help.
Meanwhile Gbp to me will still break the last swing high. That's the mission. So enjoy the rides here and there.

Agree.. Trailing stop hit on my current positions but will reopen before the end of their vote around 7.30-8.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by PJAMES1(m): 12:17pm On Mar 12, 2019
infofirst:

Like me for example, I strongly believe am one of the crazy trader in this market. I do not use stop loss. Even when I state stops for a trade, I only use mental stops. I can let a trade run for a year. I usually trade Islamic account so no swap. I can b fine with minus 1000 pips. Once am in line with the long Tf. Am good. Don't copy my approach because our experience and situation are not the same. But the safest approach is to never compromise MM. Imagine some one trading 0.01 lot on a $1000 account and not taking more than two trades. Such will do very fine without fear of news or what have you.

Hmmm.. Thank you very much. That example is gold. Some say if one can't sleep well while having an open trade. One is risking too much.
If 0.01 goes against one.. 500 pips.. That's still like 50 dollars.
It's why I believe one should calculate with a position size calculator and stick to that position size. And one should not risk more than 3% of one's capital.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by GladmanGoddey(m): 12:17pm On Mar 12, 2019
pinbar:

Nah.... its just paying the bills grin grin
Chai see money kiss Congrats, can you share your analysis on why you decided to buy?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
PJAMES1:

Hmmm.. Thank you very much. That example is gold. Some say if one can't sleep well while having an open trade. One is risking too much.
If 0.01 goes against one.. 500 pips.. That's still like 50 dollars.
It's why I believe one should calculate with a position size calculator and stick to that position size. And one should not risk more than 3% of one's capital.

Exactly. Slow and steady like the crocodile is much better.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by pinbar(m): 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
pinbar:

i will give you guys a hint this day on how market makers do their stuff.....perhaps it will improve your performance in the fx market.

Market makers enjoy red news cos it gives them the opportunity to move price to where they want . What you see happening to GBP is not new when news like this is coming.... it defiles chart analyses and rubbishes known chart patterns .

They actually keep pushing price as far as they can taking out stops only for them to dump in a massive way. So in other words, GBP is going to drop like no mans business later today, if you are long, you are actually on a loooooong thing.

Cheers

ok, i wasnt expecting the drop to be this soon, but i have cashed out.... it means price could as well fly up... so be careful guys, take what you can get from the market and clean mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2019
Somebody trading indicator somewhere will be screaming over sold since and gbp refuses to stop selling. And some body somewhere will b saying those indicators can kill it for you.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by pinbar(m): 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
Sell USDCHF @ current price
sl 100 pips
tp 150 pips

Breakeven @ 40pips

Trade responsibly please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Edd1e(m): 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
infofirst:
Somebody trading indicator somewhere will be screaming over sold since and gbp refuses to stop selling. And some body somewhere will b saying those indicators can kill it for you.

lol. Welcome to the world of Forex grin grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by seyiade26: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2019
infofirst:

What if you make your own indicators like I do??

This is not to brag; but maybe to find a bit of side work. Now that all the bosses in the house... grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
Nice thread.

Are u an active Forex trader?

Then check my signature.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Edd1e:

lol. Welcome to the world of Forex grin grin grin grin

Lol.

Forex is always confusing at the start.

Are u an active forex trader?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
infofirst:

Since u are an active Fx Trader, check my signature, it might be useful to u.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2019
seyiade26:
Wait. XM actually just cheated me. Closing my NZDCHF sell for a loss!! Trade was there when the highest peak in the image was created this morning. And I haven't moved my SL 1 bit. Yet just now with price so far away from there and over 1000 margin level these guys just closed the trade for a loss!!!

I hope u checked everything well to be sure and also I hope u read their terms and conditions.

Contact their support.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AwesomeDuru(m): 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Lol.

Who are you and when did you start trading Forex?

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 12, 2019
AwesomeDuru:
Lol.

Who are you and when did you start trading Forex?

Would u like this discussion to go down this lane ur dragging it towards, Or would u simply prefer to ask questions
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 1:41pm On Mar 12, 2019
seyiade26:

What if you make your own indicators like I do??

This is not to brag; but maybe to find a bit of side work. Now that all the bosses in the house... grin

Personally made trading indicator is different boss. Since you came up wit it. It will not be the same. I was only referring to those overbought and oversold common ones.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Maybe you shd read some pages ehn. $200-300 sha. Offer $10,000 and am on. Me Sef can do better than what you are offering. I can offer you more. Come on

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (339)

Football(+) Betting Season 6 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / MSME Survival Fund Registration: How To Apply As Portal Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.