Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn (6000 Views)

Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $44bn First Time In 2019 / At $43.507bn, External Reserves Hit Five-month High / Nigeria’s External Reserves Climb Back To $42b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Gecoz: 6:38am On Jan 02, 2019
They won't... They will flee now, just watch

Ogaga87:
Why are they not talking about this one

Just looking for cheap point here and there

Our mumu don do
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by iexplicit(m): 6:38am On Jan 02, 2019
Please, can someone explain what is Bond, is it not collecting money rom people and give them certificate. Why should debtor rejoice over his or she savings when the money still belong to people with interest. If our reserve increases from crude oil sales then that will be more interesting otherwise we are still doom. This is my opinion.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by OhiOfIhima: 6:39am On Jan 02, 2019
Gecoz:
As u use your pvc vote out your foo Lish ment abi? This one na one Stu p id PDP supporter

Did u even have any at all... You are pain already because next level is unstoppable Insha Allah.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Ogaga87(m): 6:40am On Jan 02, 2019
kumakunta:

There is no country without debt .

There should be a growing concern when it's increasing..

The concern here is, when it's growing and seems unabated, there is every possibility that your borrowing power will drop and your chances of delivering your promises as a government may not be well fulfilled..

When things like this occur, government intervention in certain key areas will be reduce just like what brought SAP, structural adjustment program.. You have to pay your debt
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by ivandragon: 6:41am On Jan 02, 2019
borrow billions, put in reserves & say you have increased reserves...

the media house even indirectly referred to it, raised €5.2b Eurobonds, next thing, reserves increase...

they can only fool their sycophants & the gullible...
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Diamonddris(m): 6:42am On Jan 02, 2019
Diamonddris
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Gecoz: 6:44am On Jan 02, 2019
Oh okay, my mistake. You are just one of the most foo l ish Igbo boy/girl Stu pidly following APIGSHIT or maybe you just pretend to be Igbo. Your so called APIGSHIT hausa supporters are there calling your people pigs and your so called die hard Yoruba Muslim supporters of APIGSHIT all in the name of loyal to thi e fnubu Are there calling Igbos names..like I said una mumuish no be from the planet

OhiOfIhima:

Did u even have any at all... You are pain already because next level is unstoppable Insha Allah.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by linearity: 6:54am On Jan 02, 2019
Which fake economist wrote this nonsense?

How can raising money from selling bonds raise external reserve?

It is like borrowing 1k from my neighbor with interest payable to him and ‘saving’ it in my bank account and start telling the gullibles that my savings have just rose by 1k and showing them my new bank statement to prove my point.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by OhiOfIhima: 6:57am On Jan 02, 2019
Gecoz:
[s]Oh okay, my mistake. You are just one of the most foo l ish Igbo boy/girl Stu pidly following APIGSHIT or maybe you just pretend to be Igbo. Your so called APIGSHIT hausa supporters are there calling your people pigs and your so called die hard Yoruba Muslim supporters of APIGSHIT all in the name of loyal to thi e fnubu Are there calling Igbos names..like I said una mumuish no be from the planet [/s]

At your age, just look at incoherent n gibberish you are typing up n down... Shame on you man.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Seetto: 7:02am On Jan 02, 2019
Sai baba, bad news for the children of the hate, they only want to hear that book haram has taken over borno state,
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by NwaliE01: 7:05am On Jan 02, 2019
braveboy64:
wailers will still wail.
but Sai Baba till 2023
May your life progress at the rate baba is progressing the nation and your business grow the same rate our economy is growing and may your family enjoy the way millions of Nigeria is enjoying this administration.
May you remain happy as baba is making millions of Nigerians happy.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by braveboy64(m): 7:21am On Jan 02, 2019
NwaliE01:

May your life progress at the rate baba is progressing the nation and your business grow the same rate our economy is growing and may your family enjoy the way millions of Nigeria is enjoying this administration.
May you remain happy as baba is making millions of Nigerians happy.
And may your life also progress the way PDP progress Nigeria for good 16 years
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Godblesspmb: 7:46am On Jan 02, 2019
Emvico34:
External reserve this external reserve that. Yet there is hunger in the land and the zombies will open their dirty mouth to tell us that "wailers will still wail". How much do you have in your account? The bitter truth is, nothing good will come out of a lifeless being.
shut up. You are hungry because you are lazy, you are used to free corrupt politicians money but now all those criminal's ways have been blocked. You better come out and work or else you will keep on wailing till you die.
Children of hate no more free money
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by NwaliE01: 7:53am On Jan 02, 2019
braveboy64:

And may your life also progress the way PDP progress Nigeria for good 16 years
I am not partisan here. But i still say AMEN to you and your APC comic achievement.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by alizma: 7:58am On Jan 02, 2019
shachris02:
borrowing to boost reserve.

Borrowed $5.36 billion Eurobond to boost reserve and deceive zombies.
$5 billion plus $28 billion where your lord left it will still not equal $43billion.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by shachris02: 8:00am On Jan 02, 2019
alizma:

$5 billion plus $28 billion where your lord left it will still not equal $43billion.

that was the amount borrowed just in 2018 Z.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by israelmao(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2019
Let's a take cursory look at these indices:unemployment rate,domestic and foreign debt,poverty rate,job losses weigh its impact.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by nograv: 8:24am On Jan 02, 2019
I couldnt care less about the size of the fund.

What is Nigeria's GDP per capita?

Is the average Nigerian wealthy or hungry?

Does Lagos look like Singapore, Does Kano look like Dubai?

Mtchew Useless people.. Time for Sowore as leader..
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by RevenGeMission: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2019
my brother , if hungry is killing you and your relatives , don't assume all nigerians are hungry , you should rather work hard or join your brothers as start begging on nl
Emvico34:
External reserve this external reserve that. Yet there is hunger in the land and the zombies will open their dirty mouth to tell us that "wailers will still wail". How much do you have in your account? The bitter truth is, nothing good will come out of a lifeless being.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 02, 2019
I have never seen people that are so foolish like this wailers, even when they see something good, they will turn it to bad, Buhari has told you to go and work, get a loan and farm, rather they want to sit at home and expect free money just they way they did during GEJ time, when money was flowing around in SE and SS thereby dwindling our reserve, since that didnt happen under Buhari they started calling him names, call him Jubril so tell me are they not lazy? yes Buhari was right to call them lazy youth.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by silasely(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2019
Story story story.....
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Uglymugg: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2019
shachris02:

I'm sure you think our reserve is in Nigerian banks or even CBN
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by alizma: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2019
shachris02:

that was the amount borrowed just in 2018 Z.

take out the total amount Jonathan borrowed in 6years from $28b and tell us what is left.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by tycoolest: 10:02am On Jan 02, 2019
subtract the 5b
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Nwachineke1980: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2019
Only fools will jubilate over this. You sell Nigeria bonds abroad at a higher interest rate(higher than banks) ,take the dollars and give to national assembly who give you naira, which you spend in paying salaries and invisible projects, then you now come back say you have increased the external reserve.
How can you lay claim to borrowed money as yours? It is only in Buhari government that we hear of such stupid things.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by nasman5: 10:15am On Jan 02, 2019
Emvico34:
when PDP was there how much do you have
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by baralatie(m): 10:34am On Jan 02, 2019
shachris02:
I thought I was the only one that saw this thing o!
I can't laugh
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by baralatie(m): 10:37am On Jan 02, 2019
edunwablog:
Nigeria’s external reserves increased by 11 per cent from the $38.912 billion it was as of January 2, 2018, to $43.195 billion as of December 28, 2018.
This represented an increase by $4.3 billion within the period. The reserves had dropped to about $41 billion in November last year.

Save for a total of $5.36 billion Eurobond issued by the federal government last year, which bolstered the country’s reserves position, it would have depreciated significantly considering the combined effects of interest rate normalisation in some advanced economies which has resulted to increased capital outflows as well as the slump in crude oil price.

After successfully raising $2.5 billion from the Eurobond market last February, the federal government in November last year raised $2.86 billion to fund its 2018 budget deficit.
At $54 a barrel, international benchmark Brent crude was down at about 20 per cent in 2018.

The decline was the first annual loss and the biggest yearly drop since 2015, when both contracts fell more than 30 per cent.
Crude oil prices look likely to trade below $70 per barrel in 2019 as surplus production, much of it from the United States, and slowing economic growth to undermine OPEC-led efforts to shore up the market, a Reuters poll had shown.

CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, recently pointed out that due to the ongoing interest rate normalisation in the United States, which has been predicted to extend to some other advanced economies in Europe, the central bank would focus on maintaining a stable exchange rate so that businesses can plan and to avoid a problem in the banking system assets.

“The choice for Nigeria is to maintain a stable exchange rate so that businesses can plan and we don’t create problem in the banking system assets,” he had explained.
According to him, practically, all emerging markets have suffered, not just by depreciation, but also loss of reserves since the interest rates normalisation commenced.

He also warned speculators in the forex market that they would lose their shirt, saying the central bank has enough war chest to sustain the stability in the forex market.
According to him, the central bank would continue to take measures to ensure stability in the forex market.

The President of the Association of Bureaux De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), Aminu Gwadabe, had on Monday said the strategic partnership between the central bank and ABCON has continued to ensure a stable exchange rate in the country.

“This sustained stability made the Bureaux De Change (BDCs) to continue to be the potent monetary policy tool of CBN exchange rate managements,” he said.
According to the ABCON boss, the market distortion by forex speculators, rent seekers, currency hoarders and frivolous demand that usually endangered naira stability have been successfully checkmated.

The buying/selling rates for dollar stood at N358/359.5; Pounds Sterling, N452/ N457 and Euro N404/N409.5 on Monday respectively.
In Port Harcourt, dollar buying/selling rates at the close of the year were at N359/361; Pounds Sterling, N457/N464 and Euro N405/N408 respectively.

In Abuja, dollar buying/selling rates closed last year at N359/360; Pounds Sterling, N464/N467 and Euro N407/ N410 respectively. In Kano, dollar buying/selling rates for last year were at N359/360; Pounds Sterling, N465/N472and Euro N407/N411 respectively.

more at https://www.akelicious.net/2019/01/nigerias-external-reserves-hit-432bn.html
this is serious o.Na gbese be this o
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by baralatie(m): 10:49am On Jan 02, 2019
summary is this!in order to avoid a mad depreciation of the naira as a result of shortfall in dollar revenue, us policies it decided to borrow in dollars to boost the reserves. yet the economy still faces shortfall in dollar reserves due to the oil price fluctuations and likely OPEC cuts and there is need to pay for budget deficits,debts etc.

another round of depreciation is knocking at the door again.na wa o
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn by Ayobami7(m): 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2019
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South / APC Welcomes New Anambra State Stakeholders / Igbo Group Declares 7-day-Mourning For Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.