Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? (394 Views)

Nollywood Stars React To Arrest Of 100 Gay Men / Ghanaian Barber Stabbed To Death In South Africa Over Black Stars' Penalty / Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? by Newsblenda(m): 8:34am On Jan 02, 2019
It is not uncommon today to come across celebrities who left their various carriers for pastoral services. It is more like a trend these days especially among Nollywood stars and the number seem not to be decreasing. If you are doubtful, then check out the names below:

Eucheria Anunobi, Majid Michel, Charles Okafor, Rita Nzelu, Kenneth Okonkwo, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Pat Attah, Zack Orji, Elizabeth Benson Ameye (popularly called Liz Benson), Larry Koldsweat, Okey Ogunjiofor, Gloria Doyle and most recently Patience Ozokwo, our very own Mama G. 

Do you remember those names? Those are just a few I could remember, you can as well complete the list.

The big question is, why are most celebrities taking refuge in the church? Is it a case of one making good use of his/her illustriousness to reach an audience? Or is about being repentant and turning to God for solution? Wait a minute, who said one must be a Pastor or an Evangelist to be genuinly repentant? Whatever!

The truth remains that the lifestyle of Nigerian celebrities seems not to be anything next to that of a saint. It is usually something alluring, pleasing, flashy, glamorous and fast. Most of these Celebs have become used to such lifestyle for several years. It seems they find it so easy to get over these lifestyle to adopt another. Well some may say it depends on the person, but we are not talkng about few persons, but a host of people. Please don't misunderstand me, I don't mean to judge anyone, I just wanna enlighten. 

The conclusion is the matter is, whether or not they embrace this change with the right motive, its up to you the audience to know the difference between right and wrong. All that glitter may not be refined gold. Be watchful and let no man deceive you with empty words - Ephesians 5:6

READ MORE HERE: http://newsblenda.com/post/entertainment/why-are-most-nollywood-stars-venturing-into-pastoral-service.html

Re: Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? by MrSix: 8:36am On Jan 02, 2019
So they will tell you they were once of the world.
Dem no want make others F uck and drink too.

Need a laptop?
I sell Grade1 USA used Laptops
Details in my signature
Re: Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? by Donald95(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2019
A good actor can be a good pastor. Both requires Acting and pretending

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? by Newsblenda(m): 8:39am On Jan 02, 2019
which more better place to boost there bank account other than the church? besides the church biggest auditorium is located in Nigeria remember? it will be easy to get followers with the celebrity status, example, Instagram and Twitter. am just saying

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? by Morbeta11(m): 8:43am On Jan 02, 2019
It's because nothing is permanent expect change.

Re: Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 8:49am On Jan 02, 2019
Pastoral service is one of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria.
Politics is very lucrative too.
Just learn how to deceive people. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nollywood Stars Venturing Into Pastoral Service? by viver1: 8:50am On Jan 02, 2019
They are humans too.

(1) (Reply)

11-year-old Boy Dies After Suffering A Suspected Allergic Reaction To Smell Of F / Cultists Batter 23-year-old To Death In Delta - Vanguard / Police Arrest Lagos Cattle Sellers For Funding Bandits In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.