Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" (380765 Views)

CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk / What Is The Difference Between The Word Of Wisdom And The Word Of Knowledge Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
Believers are fearless.

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 07, 2020

You Too Can Reign
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 34:1-4

"Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem one and thirty years" (2 Chronicles 34:1)

Josiah was only 8 years old when the mantle of leadership of his nation fell on him. One would have thought that he would not be able to rule well because of his childhood, but alas!, he brought about great changes in Israel to the glory of God and to the dismay of neighbouring nations.

Josiah was able to achieve this because he sought after the God of David, his father, and also purged Judah and Jerusalem, and broke down the altars of Baalim.

In every sphere of life, God desires His children to excel and show enviable commitment to duty. He wants them to be above and not below. As a Father, God desires His children to be the head, to be above, and to be in charge.

As a child of God, you are created to be God's representative, and as such, you are to excel in your studies, morals and in service to God.

You should not be lazy in whatever you do, be zealous in attitude and in service to the Lord. This will allow God to crown your effort with success. As a child of God, you are sure to win, and you will reign.

Prayer: Oh Lord, help me to reign over every circumstances of life.

Further Reading: Romans 8:37-39

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17am On Sep 07, 2020
Spare time?

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 08, 2020

Be Graceful
TEXT: Exodus 28:1-3

"And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty" (Exodus 28:2)

God is very interested in the appearance of his servants: Adults and children. God is a clean God and detests uncleanness in any form. He gave specific instructions to the children of Israel through Moses concerning the priest's garment: It was to be for glory and beauty.

God was very interested in the looks of His priests and did not want them to be untidy in their appearance. He also gave specific instructions to the children of Israel through Moses concerning their personal hygiene.

This shows that God is interested in the total well-being of His people. However, many children of God just think because the Bible says that God looks at the heart and not on the outward appearance, there is no need to be neat and presentable in their looks.

Some don't bother to cut their hair, brush their teeth, bathe properly, wash their clothes and don't take personal hygiene seriously. This attitude is ungodly. God expects His children to be clean within, in their heart and without on their body. This is how to stay healthy and presentable.

Prayer: Lord, help me to be clean in my heart and neat with my body always.

Further Reading: Revelation 19:6-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Sep 08, 2020
Conviction about the truth.

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:31pm On Sep 08, 2020
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 09, 2020

Afflictions Don't Last
TEXT: Psalm 34:18-22

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous: But the LORD delivereth him out of them all" (Psalm 34:19)

Affliction here refers to an unpleasant situation that causes pain, sorrow and weeping in a believer's life. It results in inconveniences, hardship and crises. How a person interprets afflictions is usually determined by his understanding of what afflictions are, and why afflictions come.

The Scriptures talk about afflictions which come to everyone at different times of their lives. A child of God is expected to understand that God is his Father and He is aware of all his troubles. But the good news is that though afflictions may be many, the righteous Lord will deliver you out of them all.

Therefore, when passing through such times, you should pray, read your Bible always, and draw strength from the promises of God. God permits troubles in the believer's life to increase his trust in Him, and you should be rest assured that He will not leave you alone.

Prayer: Lord, deliver me from all my troubles and preserve me for Your Kingdom.

Further Reading: Psalm 3:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43am On Sep 09, 2020
Follow in Christ's footsteps.

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:56am On Sep 10, 2020
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 10, 2020

God Guides
TEXT: Psalm 32:7-9

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye" (Psalm 32:8)

When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, angels heralded the message of His birth to different people in different places. The wise men saw the star in the east and set out to go and worship Jesus. The wise men did not need to ask for direction because the star which they saw in the east was up above them, guiding them in the way towards the place where Jesus was born.

God is a wonderful Guide. God is Omniscient. He knows everything and sees everywhere. He delights in guiding His children. He is ready to guide you in the choices you make, places you go, and the things you do. You are living in a complex world filled with wicked and ungodly people. Everyone's life is in danger. You do not know what may happen in the next moment. You need someone to take you through.

However, it is one thing to have a good Guide and another to be willing to follow His directions. God wants the best for you in life. If you desire God's guidance, you have to surrender your life to Him and make Jesus your Saviour, Lord and Guide. You really need a Guide.

Prayer: Lord, make me willing to follow You always and enjoy guidance from You.

Further Reading: Isaiah 30:20, 21

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2020

Teach Us To Pray
TEXT: Luke 11:1-13

"And it came to pass, that, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, one of His disciples said unto Him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples" (Luke 11:1)

This disciple of the Lord observed a serious difference between them and their Master. He must have been concerned about their inability to pray as He did. The disciple knew that this Master, Who had been teaching them how to preach, and be humble in their conduct to one another, must be able to teach them how to pray also. We need to learn how to pray. Praying is not as easy as people think. Prayer that is not done according to the will of God, will not receive an answer from God. Many children do not like to pray, though praying is very simple.

Your prayer must be said from a clean heart (Psalm 66:18). *Prayer of faith should basically consist of the following: adoration, thanksgiving, request and praise. Satan will not want you to pray. You must decide to pray because your life depends on it.

Prayer: Lord, teach me how to pray every day.

Further Reading: Psalm 5:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09am On Sep 11, 2020
Focus on watching.

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2020
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 12, 2020

Put Away Anger!
TEXT: Ephesians 4:30-32

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice" (Ephesians 4:31)

Friends of Jesus are gentle. They control their tempers. When a child is corrected for bad behaviour, it is expected of him to feel sorry and apologize instead of getting angry. For a little offence, some would cry, fall down and roll on the ground. These are evidences of anger. An angry child would also fight another child because of a slight offence or little provocation.

Bad temper is a mark of a sinful life and can lead to serious damage. The Bible commands us to put off anger which is the fruit of bad temper. Let not anger control your life. If you have a bad temper, repent now and ask for cleansing in the blood of Jesus.

Invite Jesus into your heart and let Him fill you with His Spirit. He will always help you to control your temper and be calm, even when you are provoked. Your day will be beautiful as you relate peacefully with everyone.

Prayer: Lord, keep me free from anger and bring me under the control of the Holy Spirit.

Further Reading: Proverbs 16:30-32

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2020

Why Worry?
TEXT: Philippians 4:6,7

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God" (Philippians 4:6)

Worry and anxiety are twin feelings common with many people. Some are worried about the hardship and trouble of tomorrow that they have no control over. Everybody experiences hardship and trouble at different times in life.

There is, however, no difficult situation that God cannot save from; there is no mountain that He cannot remove. When trouble comes, look up to God and pray, trust and rest upon His promises that never fails.

Through prayers, you will experience God's peace in your heart and mind, receive mercy, grace and help in times of need and strength to do all things. *Why worry when you can pray?

Prayer is very important if you are not going to worry and be anxious in hard times. Praying always to God will help you to cheer up when you are passing through any trial or trouble.

Why are you cast down? Cheer up! God is on your side and ever ready to help you when you call to Him in prayers. The counsel of the Lord to you is that you should not be worried or filled with anxiety about anything.

Prayer: Lord, give me grace to trust You in every situation.

Further Reading: Psalm 37:4-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:15am On Sep 14, 2020
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 14, 2020

Now Is The Time
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 6:1-3

"For He saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2)

The watch shows us the time of the day. Before the watch was invented, the position of the sun or moon, animal sounds and weather conditions, were interpreted to indicate the time of the day.

In 1500, a German inventor, named Peter Henlein, was said to have made the first watch. It was so heavy that he had to hang it on a strong belt worn around his waist. Now, we have different types of beautiful wrist watches showing us what time it is on any particular day, week, month or year.
It is good to have a clock or watch to know and tell the time of the day. It is far interesting to read and interpret God's own clock. Looking at His clock, it is time to be saved! His clock shows that the world will soon come to an end and time shall be no more.

If you die now or if Jesus comes suddenly while you delay your salvation, it will be too late to be saved. This is the acceptable time for you to be saved, the clock is ticking away. God is calling you. He says, "Come now..." (Isaiah 1:18). Do not delay; pray now and invite JESUS to come into your heart.

Prayer: Lord, I do not want to perish, save me and keep me till the end.

Further Reading: Hosea 10:10-12

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39am On Sep 14, 2020
Time ticks towards eternity.

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2020

On Eagles Wings
TEXT: Exodus 19:1-6

"Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto Myself" (Exodus 19:4)

Eagles are referred to as kings of the birds. Eagles fly high and perch on the topmost part of a big tree. When there is a storm, eagles will spread their wings and soar high.

Eagles do not eat dirty things on the ground. They have very sharp eyes with which they look down from above and sight the 'prey', that is, the animal that they want to feed on. When an eagle sights a prey, for instance, it will fly down in a flash and carry the animal away to feast on it.

One aspect of the eagle that is very interesting is the way a mother eagle carries its young (eaglets). It would spread its wings for the young to climb and it will then fly to great heights.

This is the picture the Lord paints of His relationship and care for the children of Israel. He carried the Israelites on eagles' wings. They were like the eaglets and their enemies were the prey.

This is also true of every child of God today. The Lord is carrying you on the eagle's wings above all challenges of your life. Trust in Him.

Prayer: Lord, teach me to rest and be at peace as I put my trust in your unfailing power.

Further Reading: Psalm 105:12-15

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
The Value

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2020

WEDNESDAY 16 SEPTEMBER, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

No, You Can't Hide It
TEXT: Numbers 32:20-23

"But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: And be sure your sin will find you out" (Numbers 32:23)

A story was told of a man who stole some hot akara (bean cakes), and hid them under his cap. After some time, the heat of the akara forced him to remove the cap and it was discovered that he had stolen some akara.

You cannot hide your sins. Hiding sin is like hiding the life-threatening sickness called cancer. It is even said that the earlier it is exposed the better the victim stands a chance of surviving. The person who hides cancer will be exposed by either the stench that comes from the wound or by death.

You either expose your sin or your sin will expose you. It is better to expose them before they expose you. The shame and regret will be too much for you to bear if your sin exposes you.

Moses warned the tribes of Reuben, Gad and Manasseh not to hide their sins because it will be discovered. Do not hide sin because God can see all things. Repent now from all your sins so that iniquity will not be your ruin (Proverbs 28:13).

Prayer: Lord, help me not to cover my sins. Forgive me as I repent.

Further Reading: 1 John 1:7-9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2020

THURSDAY 17 SEPTEMBER, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Behold The Last Days!
TEXT: 2 Timothy 3:1-53

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come" (2 Timothy 3:1)

There are two main seasons in West African countries - the rainy and dry seasons. During the rainy season, rain falls heavily. When the dry season sets in, rainfall ceases. Trees will begin to shed their leaves, and grasses will start to dry up.

In the same way, according to Bible prophesies, many things are happening to show us that the end of the world is drawing near. There are wars, rumours of wars, terrorism, murder, famine, earthquakes, kidnapping, rioting, cheating and other evil things.

These are the signs of the end-time which show us that Jesus will come very soon. The Bible also says that in the last days, people will be selfish and love many things like football, cartoon, film show, funfair, parties, more than God.

If you do not want to miss the coming of the Lord, you have to prepare and be ready. When He comes, He will take to heaven only people who are saved from sin and living clean and righteous lives. So, repent now. Behold the signs of the last days are here. Are you ready?

Prayer: O Lord, help me to be ready when You come.

Further Reading: 1 Timothy 4:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2020

FRIDAY 18 SEPTEMBER, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

The Joy Of Salvation
TEXT: Psalm 51:10-13

"Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free spirit" (Psalm 51:12)

The greatest gift that anyone can receive in this world is salvation. It is freely given, yet it is the most precious. It is received by grace through the Saviour Jesus Christ who died on the cross and rose again from death to take away our sin.

When you receive this gift of salvation, your heart will be filled with unspeakable joy. To continue to experience this joy, you must remain free from sin.

Chinwe became born again when she was in primary three. She was happy and told others about this glorious experience of salvation. One day, someone made her angry so much that she abused and fought with the person.

This made her to lose the joy and peace she had always enjoyed. She cried bitterly and prayed to God for forgiveness. God heard her prayers and she was forgiven.

Every friend of Jesus needs to know that Satan is not happy that he is saved from sin. You must be careful the way you live your life so that you do not lose your salvation. Pray for grace to daily walk with God and not go back to sin.

Prayer: O Lord, help me never to turn back from following You.

Further Reading: Acts 8:34-39

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2020

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Sin Kills
TEXT: Romans 6:20-23

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23)

Grace's parents planted some beautiful flowers in the garden. One day, Grace plucked some sweet smelling roses and brought it to the house. She showed it to her mummy, expressing how beautiful the roses were. Suddenly, she threw the roses to the ground and shouted, "It stings!" "It stings!" Unknown to Grace, there was a bee hidden inside one of the roses, sucking nectar. It was this bee that stung Grace's finger.

In our world today, there are many things that look beautiful on the surface, but they have harmful effects on us. Worldly fashions, pictures of nude people on the internet, violent movies, cheating in examinations, and other bad things, are sources of daily temptation to commit sin. Satan has made many things look attractive and beautiful to deceive a child of God. The same way he deceived Eve in the Garden of Eden. Eve did not see the deadly consequences of eating the forbidden fruit. She fell for Satan's tricks and died spiritually. You must be careful not to practice sin. Sin kills but Jesus saves.

Prayer: O Lord, deliver me from all appearances of evil.

Further Reading: Genesis 3:1-6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2020

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

True Friends
TEXT: John 15:13-15

"Ye are My friends; if ye do whatsoever I command you" (John 15:14)

Friendship is a relationship that brings two or more people together. Every meaningful relationship is founded on some conditions. Friendship that does not consider the feelings of the parties involved cannot endure.

Jesus made a great sacrifice of love. He laid down His life for His friends. Jesus has told us clearly that anyone who wants to be His friend must always obey His commandments and every instruction He gives.

The best friend to have is Jesus. It's wonderful to have the all-powerful and loving Son of God as your friend. However, you must do whatever He commands for you to remain His friend. Jesus says, "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you" (John 15:14).

There are lots of benefits for you to enjoy for being a friend of Jesus. You will be saved and become a member of the family of God. You will also have joy, peace, comfort, many good things of life, and live forever with Him in Heaven.

Prayer: Lord, help me to obey You in all things so that I can be Your friend forever.

Further Reading: Proverbs 18:24

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2020

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 21, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Deborah
TEXT: Judges 4:4,8,14-16

"And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the LORD hath delivered Sisera into thine hand...." (Judges 4:14a)

God is able to use any of His creatures to fulfil His purpose. However, great military feats or heroic deeds are not usually traced to girls or women. This may be as a result of their comparatively feeble nature.

But Deborah was exceptional. She was a prophetess who received messages from God and gave them to the people. Deborah's close relationship with God gave her great influence among her people.

Deborah was a woman with a special courage. She had a desire to set God's people free from oppression and bring glory to God, and she accomplished her desire.

Do you know that you can rise above natural weakness and difficulties, and do great exploits for God? It starts with having a desire to do something special for God on earth.

Choose the noble course of living for God and to defend His glory for the benefit of His people. Believe in yourself that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

Prayer: Lord, I pledged to serve You and Your people, help me.

Further Reading: Acts 20:24-27

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2020

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Endure Persecution For Christ's Sake
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:10-12

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake..." (Matthew 5:10a)

Children who are righteous and refuse to do bad things will be persecuted. That means the righteous child will be hated and will suffer for Christ's sake.

In the Bible, unbelieving Jews threw stones at Stephen. They continued to stone him until he died because he preached the gospel and told them the truth about themselves. Can you be the Stephen of your generation? Can you suffer shame, reproach, rejection, pain and loneliness for Jesus' sake?

When you experience negative reactions from sinful boys and girls toward you, do not fail to show your readiness to suffer for Christ. The cruelty of the people and the pain the believer bears should not kill his faith in his Saviour.

When you suffer persecution as a friend of Jesus, rejoice and be happy. This is the only way to enjoy the sure blessings promised for those who suffer and endure persecution. *Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for being a friend of Jesus.

Prayer: Lord, give me grace to suffer happily for You.

Further Reading: Acts 7:57-60

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2020

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 23, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

The Treasure From God: Your Bible
TEXT: Psalm 119:97-105

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" (Psalm 119:105)

Many years ago in the Communist lands, the government did not allow people to read the Bible. In fact, no one was expected to be seen holding a Bible.
Secret police were often sent to search people's homes for Bibles. Whenever they found any Bible in any home, the members of the family were arrested and thrown into prison. Thus, Bibles were very scarce and hard to find.

However, few Christians devised a means of getting Bibles to read. Soon, several families began to share one Bible. They would read and pass it on secretly to other families. The Bible is a real treasure to those who have the mind of Christ.

How do you handle your Bible? Are you one of the children who tear the pages of their Bibles and handle them in a careless manner? You must have a change of attitude today.

Value your Bible, keep it safe and neat. Do not lose it. Write your name on the appropriate page. Read it daily, think on its message, and obey it. Then, your way will be prosperous, and you will have good success.

Prayer: Dear Lord, forgive me for not handling my Bible well.

Further Reading: Joshua 1:8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2020
Is your name in the book of life?

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2020

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

"I Am Sorry"
TEXT: Numbers 12:10-15

"And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned" (Numbers 12:11)

It is a Christian attitude to always say "I am sorry" to anyone you have offended. God commands it. Aaron showed us a very practical example.

Moses was his younger brother and Miriam was their elder sister. Aaron and Miriam spoke evil against Moses. God became angry at both of them. The reason: God hates gossip and backbiting, which both of them engaged in, and He punishes those who engage in them.

Aaron mourned for his bad behaviour and asked Moses, his younger brother, for forgiveness. Do you find it easy to say "I'm sorry" to those you have offended?

You can also ask God for forgiveness and cleansing through the blood of Jesus and He will readily forgive you. Also, pray for grace to be humble and always admit and say sorry when you are wrong. God will be happy with you and you will have the joy of forgiveness and a heart that is free from offence.

Prayer: Lord, please bless me with a humble heart so that I can easily say sorry to those I have offended.

Further Reading: Proverbs 28:12-14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2020

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 25, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Give Glory To God
TEXT: 1 Timothy 1:12-17

"Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen" (1 Timothy 1:17)

Harry had hardly slept. Every time he opened his eyes, his new bicycle was right before him. Early in the morning, he went straight to his mother's room. With his little arms around his mother's neck, Harry said, "I am grateful, thank you mummy for my new bike. I love it."

Do you give God the glory for all that He is doing in your life? How often do you say 'Thank you' to your parents who are taking care of you?

Apostle Paul shows in our Bible reading that he cherished his salvation. He gives thanks to God and shows appreciation for his being saved from sin and also for being counted among God's servants.

If you are saved, you must cultivate the attitude of thanksgiving. Thank God for His love and the gift of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, for forgiving all your sins, for abundant life, and for the beautiful home Jesus has gone to prepare for you in heaven. Have you said 'Thank You' to Jesus this morning?

Prayer: I give You all the glory Lord, for all Your goodness and favour upon me.

Further Reading: Psalm 30:4, 5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2020

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 26, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Giving To God
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 9:6-10

"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: For God loveth a cheerful giver" (2 Corinthians 9:7)

God is interested in every area of your life. As he cares about your spiritual well-being, He also shows concern for the physical and financial.

God has commanded us to give because that is the way to receive from Him. He gave us His only begotten Son, Jesus, and wants us also to give to help others. He expects us to first give our heart and life to Him.

Then, give for His work to be done. Give your time, talent and resources. Make giving to God a priority in your life, and you'll be surprised how much He will give you in return.

There is nothing we have that has not been given to us by God. Start giving today, and do it cheerfully. God is much interested in our attitude when we give. It is not how big, but how acceptable it is in the sight of God. There are great blessings for those who give willingly and cheerfully.

Prayer: Lord, help me to understand how blessed it is to give to You cheerfully.

Further Reading: Proverbs 11:24-25

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:34am On Sep 27, 2020

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 27, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

The Choice Is Yours
TEXT: Joshua 24:14-16

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve" (Joshua 24:15a)

As human beings, our choices make us who we are and where we will be at the end of life. The children of Israel were asked to make a choice in the text.

Joshua had succeeded in leading them to the Promised Land. They now had rest from all their enemies. He had become old and was preparing for heaven.

Joshua had served the people of God and finished his assignment. It was time to go to heaven. He however challenged the children of Israel to choose whom they would serve - the God of their fathers or the gods of other nations.

The same question comes to you today. Who will you serve? Remember, the Lord has done a lot for you. He granted you salvation, protection, success and provision. *Remember, who you choose will determine the course of your life and your destiny. Choose God today, and it will be well with you.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me to follow You all the days of my life.

Further Reading: Ruth 1:14-17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08am On Sep 28, 2020

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 28, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

The Unforgettable Encounter
TEXT: John 4:28-30

"Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: Is not this the Christ?" (John 4:29)

Have you met the Man? The woman at the well had an encounter with the man, Jesus. She was so excited that she could not keep it to herself. She ran into the city and invited the people, saying, "Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?" (John 4:29).

You need that encounter as it happened to the woman in the Bible passage. It is an encounter with Jesus, the Saviour of the world. Have you met Him? He is the man of Calvary and the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the whole world.

It is time to accept Him as your Saviour. It is time to also tell others about Him. The woman did not keep quiet. As you go out today, tell someone about Jesus, Who saves from sin and can do all things. Meeting with Jesus is certainly an unforgettable experience that changes a sinner to a saint, and a zero to become a hero.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, forgive and accept me as Your child; help me to tell others about You.

Further Reading: John 1:26-30

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2020

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Reject Pride
TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 32:24-26

"Notwithstanding Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, both he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the wrath of the LORD came not upon them in the days of Hezekiah" (2 Chronicles 32:26)

The opposite of pride is humility. Pride gives you a wrong idea about yourself. It makes you feel you are 'big' when you are 'small', and 'nothing' before God.

King Hezekiah was sick and almost dead, but God had mercy on him and he was healed. After God healed him, his heart was lifted in pride. He forgot that he did not receive his healing out of his personal strength or righteousness. Himself and his subjects did not show gratitude and glory to God.

This attracted God's wrath upon Judah and Jerusalem. King Hezekiah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem realised their sin, humbled themselves and repented of their pride. This was a wise decision because it turned away the wrath of God from him and his people.

You must understand that whatever you are or have is given to you by God's mercy and grace. Live every moment of your life in thankfulness to God. People are proud for some reasons such as - who they are, where they come from, who they know, what they have, the school they attend, their appearance, and even the type of church they attend.

You have no reason to be proud. God, in His mercy, makes you who you are now and what you will be in future. If you would look into your life today and decide to repent and reject pride in all areas of your life; the door of abundant blessings shall be opened in your life, and there shall be no limitation, no lack, and no loss in your life.

Prayer: Lord, bless me with a humble and gentle spirit.

Further Reading: James 4:8-10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2020

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 30, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Matthew: A Disciple Of Jesus
TEXT: Matthew 10:1-4

"Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus" (Matthew 10:3)

Matthew, also called Levi, was from the city called Capernaum; his father's name was Alphaeus. He was a tax collector. He was at his duty post collecting taxes for the government when Jesus called him.

Matthew followed Jesus immediately he was called, and remained steadfast till the end of his life. He loved to bring souls to Christ, so he organised a feast and invited sinners to meet there with Jesus the Saviour.

Matthew spent his time and money to propagate the gospel of Christ. He was a devoted friend of Jesus and an exemplary disciple. He wrote the first book of the New Testament. Time and money spent in spreading the gospel is not a waste - there is reward for it, both here on earth and in eternity.

Prayer: Lord, help me to invest my time and money in Your kingdom.

Further Reading: Mark 3:13-19

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.