Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" (380909 Views)

CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk / What Is The Difference Between The Word Of Wisdom And The Word Of Knowledge Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52am On Oct 01, 2020
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

THURSDAY OCTOBER 01, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Sorry Lord, I Will Go
TEXT: Matthew 21:28-31

"He answered and said, I will not: But afterward he repented, and went" (Matthew 21:29)

The parables of Jesus are lessons that every young boy and girl should hold dear to their heart. The 'Man' in the passage represents God Almighty calling on young boys and girls to do His will.

The first son agreed to go and do the will of the father, after an initial refusal. Therefore, his first refusal did not matter to his father again. This shows that God forgives our past sins when we repent.

The second son who had told his father initially that he would go to the vineyard did not go. He was guilty of the sin of disobedience and rebellion. Such sin, before God, is the same as the sin of witchcraft. To obey is better than sacrifice (1 Samuel 15:22-23).

Disobedience was the sin that made Adam and Eve to fall in the Garden of Eden. We learn from this parable that it is important to always do the will of God and be obedient to all His commandments.

You must always check your life and repent if you have taken any decision that is not according to God's will or that will take you away from obeying the word of God.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me to always obey You and do Your will.

Further Reading: Luke 12:42-48

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2020

FRIDAY OCTOBER 02, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

The Great Works Of The Lord
TEXT: Psalm 111:1-6

"The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein" (Psalm 111:2)

When troubles come, they seem much greater than everything else. But at such a time, it is better to remember the wonderful works of the Lord.

Tony had been very sick. He had a hole in his heart that needed to be fixed. His mom told him of Jesus' power to heal. She also always prayed to God to heal him.

One day, James, his friend, told Tony how God healed him when he was sick. That night, Tony, who had to breathe through some tubes connected to his nose, prayed to God, saying, "Dear Lord Jesus, my mom says You are the best doctor in the world; and James said You healed him. I know You will heal me too. Thank You Lord."

Two days later, the doctors were amazed at his speedy recovery. The tubes were taken out. The scan results showed that he was healed. What a wonderful work of Jesus in the life of Tony!

The works of the Lord are wonderful to be remembered. Always think and talk about them. This will make your troubles look small and increase your faith to receive.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I thank You because I know that You are a Great God. Please, show Your mighty power in my life.

Further Reading: Psalm 100:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2020
Watching

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2020

SATURDAY OCTOBER 03, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Beware Of Bad Friends
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 15:33-34

"Be not deceived: Evil communications corrupt good manners" (1 Corinthians 15:33)

We all have friends. Through friendship, we may receive some necessary support and learn from each other. But we have to be very watchful and careful about how we choose friends.

The Bible says, "Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners" (1 Corinthians 15:33). That means, moving with or taking advice from bad friends will surely corrupt your good behaviour.

There was a boy called Smart who had a friend called Garrett. Smart always wondered how Garrett had so much money that he was always buying chocolates and candies for his classmates. Garrett was very popular.

Smart wanted to be like him; so, he asked Garrett how he always had so much money. Garrett taught John how he usually steals money from his father's bedside cabinet, and his father would never find out.

Smart also practised the trick and he too started having surplus to spend on his classmates like Garrett. His parents eventually got to know of this. This brought Smart much punishment, shame and sorrow.

Learn from this story and avoid bad friends. Always fellowship with children of God and follow friends whose lives encourage you to be more like Jesus Christ.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to stay away from bad friends, and to keep friends that will help me on my journey to heaven.

Further Reading: 2 Chronicles 18:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2020

SUNDAY OCTOBER 04, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Closer Than Our Troubles
TEXT: Matthew 14:26-32

"And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased" (Matthew 14:32)

The first person to walk on water was Jesus Christ. The second was Simon Peter, when he accepted Jesus' invitation to "come" to Him on the water. Jesus invited him to "come". It was simple and brief, but strong enough to keep Peter walking on the sea for as long as he believed.

Fear set in and Peter began to sink. When he felt that his life was in danger, he cried unto Jesus to save him. He received the Saviour's help immediately, and he was rescued. So, we are also invited by Jesus to come unto Him whatever the challenge we face in life, be it physical or spiritual. He has promised to fix it.

As we walk with Him and obey His commands, life may become troubled like the sea. When we think or look at our problems, it may bring fear and doubt in our hearts.

Train your mind to think more about Jesus. He is closer to us than our troubles. Jesus knows the way through the wilderness, all you should do is just to follow Him. Keep your eyes upon Him and remember that His promises are sure.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I know that You are bigger than all my problems. When in danger, help me to have faith in Your mighty power. Amen.

Further Reading: Matthew 8:23-27

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2020

MONDAY OCTOBER 05, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Feeling Sorry Is Not Enough
TEXT: 1 Samuel 15:22-28

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king" (1 Samuel 15:23)

Being remorseful means to feel sorry about the wrong or sinful thing one has done. But feeling sorry is not enough. There has to be a turning away from doing the sinful things. This is called 'repentance'.

God chose Saul to be the king of Israel. However, he disobeyed God's instructions, and God was not happy with this. He sent Prophet Samuel to tell Saul of his sin and punishment. King Saul confessed that he had sinned, but his repentance was not genuine because he was just concerned about the elders' opinion of his self-image.

Many people all over the world are like this. They feel sorry and even get religious about their sins, but they do not repent. That is why they find it hard to receive God's forgiveness and cleansing. There is no genuine salvation without repentance.

Saul died in his sin at last. Learn from this story of Saul and turn to God in repentance now. True repentance means turning away from your sin and not going back to it.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me to be obedient to Your will. Teach me to hold Your word in my heart at all times.

Further Reading: 1 Samuel 13:8-14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2020

TUESDAY OCTOBER 06, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

The Prodigal Son
TEXT: Luke 15:11-22

"And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him" (Luke 15:20)

To be prodigal means to be wasteful with what you have. From the story in our text, the younger son decided to be his own master. After he received his own portion of his father's goods, he moved to a different country to have fun. He left his family behind and he didn't think of returning.

While he was in a different country, he spent all he had and did not think to save any. Later on, he became poor. He had nothing to eat and nowhere to sleep. After much suffering, he realised that he might starve to death. He came to his senses and decided to go back home.

While he was still far off, his father saw him and ran towards him. He embraced him. The son was sorry and told his father he was not worthy to be called his son, but his father received him with much joy.

To find peace and pardon, the sinner must repent and come back to God. As the father accepted the prodigal son back, so will Jesus accept any sinful or backsliding child who returns to Him in genuine repentance.

Prayer: Lord, I genuinely repent of my sins. forgive me Lord.

Further Reading: Isaiah 55:6-9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22am On Oct 07, 2020

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 07, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

True Conversion
TEXT: Luke 19:1-9

"And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold" (Luke 19:8)

Conversion is a transformation in a person's life, this makes the individual to lead a new life.

After Zacchaeus received Jesus into His house, he openly declared that he would give half of his goods to the poor and if he had taken anything by false accusation, he will restore it fourfold. This shows genuine conversion, followed by restitution. There can be no conversion without repentance.

Therefore, if anyone says he is converted, then he must have repented from his sins. The Bible says, "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13).

A person who is converted will be obedient to God's commands. Abraham in the Bible was obedient to God because he was a child of God. *As a child of God, you must be obedient to God to show that you are truly converted and that you love Him.

Prayer: Father, help me to be truly converted and obey Your word at all times.

Further Reading: Jonah 3:1-10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2020
Spare time

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2020

THURSDAY OCTOBER 8, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Look Forward
TEXT: Isaiah 43:15-19

"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old" (Isaiah 43:18)

Prophet Isaiah prophesied the new things that God was going to do for the children of Israel. They were to forget the former things because God was going to do new and great things for them.

As children of God today, the former things could mean failure or delay, or things that made us sad. We are not to remember them. We do not have to live in the memories of the past, because the future holds better things for us.

God says, "Behold, I will do a new thing..." To behold means to see. So, God is saying, "look up, look forward, don't look behind you ", because He will do a new thing in your life.

The Almighty God says He will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. This means that He will make the impossible become possible, because all things are possible with Him.

Look forward and believe God for new things. A sinner should give his life to Jesus, receive a new life, and enjoy God's blessings.

Prayer: Father, do something new in my life in Jesus' Name!

Further Reading: Exodus 14:15-18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2020

FRIDAY OCTOBER 9, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Prayer Is The Key
TEXT: Luke 11:9-13

"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" (Luke 11:9)

A key is used to gain access to a locked room. If a door is locked, once you have the key, you can open the door without struggling. Christ has given us the key of prayer to help us in our journey on this earth. He simply said, *"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Jesus taught His disciples the importance of prayer. He told them that they should 'ask, seek and knock'. This refers to prayer.

As children of God, we have the privilege of going to God in prayer and telling Him about our needs with faith that He will surely answer because the Bible makes it clear to us in John 14:13, "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do..." Instead of worrying, complaining and grumbling about your needs, take it to the Lord in prayer, God will answer your prayers and grant you the desires of your heart.

Prayer: Lord, teach me how to pray and to trust You for my needs

Further Reading: Acts 12:5-11

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2020

SATURDAY OCTOBER 10, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Praise The Lord!
TEXT: Psalm 150:1-6

"Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD" (Psalm 150:6)

We are encouraged in our text to praise God. You should praise God for allowing you to see another day, for saving you from sin, for the church and the benefits we enjoy therein. Praise Him for all the good things that He has done for you. If you will be sincere, there are many reasons for you to praise God. Don't allow the devil to fill your heart with ingratitude. Show gratitude to God for all the numerous things He has done.

Develop the habit of praising God for His wonderful works. Sometimes, when you pray to Him and the answer is delayed, praise God and He will do great things for you. So, as Christians, we are to give thanks because it is the will of God. The Bible says, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

Prayer: I praise You Lord for what You have done, what You are doing and what You will still do in my life

Further Reading: Psalm 100:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2020

SUNDAY OCTOBER 11, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

David And Goliath
TEXT: 1 Samuel 17:44-51

"Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied" (1 Samuel 17:45)

Goliath was the champion of the army of the Philistines; the tormenting enemies of Israel. Goliath came out to challenge God and His people, Israel, every morning and every evening for forty days. He shouted at the Israelites in his deep voice, daring anyone that could come out to confront him.

Young David took up the challenge to fight this giant. He rejected all persuasions not to endanger his life. He rather trusted in the God of Israel and believed that the God that delivered him from the lion and bear in the past would deliver Goliath into his hands.

David didn't go with an armour, spear or other weapons. He went in the Name of Jesus, and with just a sling and stones, Goliath fell to the ground and died! When the rest of the Philistines saw what befell their trusted champion, they ran away and David became a hero to all the people of Israel.

Do you have any sickness, failure, lack of funds for school fees, etc., confronting you as a 'Goliath'? Trust in the Lord, He will give you victory and supply all your needs.

Prayer: God, help me to trust You to conquer every problem in my life

Further Reading: Jeremiah 17:5-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2020

MONDAY OCTOBER 12, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

The Time Is Now!
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 6:1-5

"(For He saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation)" (2 Corinthians 6:2)

The call to salvation is something that must be treated as very important and urgent. It should not be postponed, the call must be answered immediately.

There is no time for postponement of one's salvation. Other matters of life can at times be postponed, but the salvation of one's soul must be heeded with immediate effect. There is no room for second thoughts.

As the Lord beckons on you through His word or His servants, you have no choice but to yield promptly. If you defer your response, the outcome might be eternal doom HELL FIRE.

Why not come to Jesus now? What are you still waiting for? There might not be another opportunity for you to repent and turn to God. Anything could happen tomorrow, heed the Saviour's call today!

Don't be like Felix who failed to repent and accept Christ as his Saviour (Acts 24:24-25). Come to Jesus now! There is no better time to be born again than now. Don't wait, now is the accepted time, today is the day of salvation!

Prayer: God, help me to heed Your call without delay

Further Reading: Acts 17:27-31

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Oct 13, 2020

TUESDAY OCTOBER 13, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

God Can Use You
TEXT: Judges 6: 12-16

"And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: Have not I sent thee?" (Judges 6:14)

God is no respecter of persons. He can use anybody to fulfill His divine purpose. No matter your age, gender, colour, intelligence, stature or position in the family, when God wants to do exploits through you, nothing can stop Him. All that God demands from you is that you should be born again and willing to work for Him.

You are not too young to be used by God. He raised Gideon from a humble family to save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. When there was no one to deliver Israel, God also raised the young child David; he killed Goliath, the giant enemy that persecuted and troubled the Israelites.

God can use you to defeat the enemies of the gospel. He can use you to bring many sinners to Himself and heal people of their sicknesses through the power of the Holy Ghost. Yield your life unto God and He will make you a channel of blessing to people around you.

Prayer: Lord, help me to be a channel of blessing to others

Further Reading: Jeremiah 1:4-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On Oct 13, 2020

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 14, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Throw Away That Load!
TEXT: Hebrews 12:1-4

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us" (Hebrews 12:1)

Mary struggled to walk with the heavy load on her back. The load hindered her movements. She stopped severally to rest, but at last she got home, and her mother removed the load from her back. "Freedom at last" she signed within herself.

From our story, the load which Mary carried can be likened to sin on our journey to heaven. Every work of the flesh is described as weights/additional burden on our heavenly journey. Sin is an impediment that will deny anyone access to heaven.

An adage says, "he that must travel fast must travel light." Why carry extra luggage (sin) when you can travel light (be holy)? No matter how little you may describe the sin you commit, it is still sin. Sin is a weight that will hinder sinful children from seeing God at last.

The race we are running is one that doesn't give room for the tiniest sin, but only righteousness. If you must enjoy life and enter into the Kingdom of God, you must give no room for the weight called sin.

Prayer: Lord, help me to throw away every load of sin so that I can follow You to the end

Further Reading: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2020
Facemasks and false prophets.

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2020
Complaining and blaming.

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:02am On Oct 15, 2020

THURSDAY OCTOBER 15, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

God Is Love
TEXT: 1 John 4:7-12

"Beloved, let us love one another: For love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love" (1 John 4:7, 8)

The Bible clearly states in our text today that we should love one another. We cannot truly love one another except we are born again. We are able to love others because God is love and He dwells in us. God showed love towards mankind. That is why the Bible tells us: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). It is because of the love that God has for us that He sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. Love and giving go hand in hand.

If you have love in your heart, you will show it by the kind of life you live. As a child of God, you should not be stingy, share what you have with others. Giving is the practical way to show love. If we are true children of God, we won't hate others. Rather, we will love everyone and also preach the gospel to sinners. A sinner will find it difficult to show love until he surrenders his life to Jesus, and receives forgiveness and cleansing through the blood of Jesus.

Prayer: God, help me to have supreme love for You and also to love my brethren

Further Reading: John 13:34-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2020

FRIDAY OCTOBER 16, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

The Ten Commandments
TEXT: James 2:8-13

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" (James 2:10)

God raised His servant Moses to deliver His people, Israel from slavery in Egypt. After the mighty deliverance of His people, God called Moses to Mount Sinai to give him some laws or instructions that would guide His people. These laws were summarized into the Ten Commandments. The laws were based on their relationship with God and their fellow human beings. The Ten Commandments is not like school examination with options where pupils could answer six (6) questions from ten (10) questions. The Ten Commandments are all meant to be obeyed.

Jesus did not come to abolish or destroy the law but to fulfil it. He told His followers that the greatest commandment is to love God with all our heart, soul and mind, and also to love our neighbours as ourselves. God has given us His word (Holy Bible). It is our duty to obey the whole word of God. Obedience to the word of God brings blessings.

Prayer: O Lord, help me to obey and keep Your word

Further Reading: Exodus 20:1-1

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2020
All Things Are Yours.

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2020

SATURDAY OCTOBER 17, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Lying Lips
TEXT: Colossians 3:8-10

"Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds" (Colossians 3:9)

God commands and makes clear in the Bible that lying is a sin, and that anyone who tells lies is not His child. A lot of children tell lies. "Thou shall not lie" is one of the ten commandments. No matter the situation you find yourself, lying is not an option for a child of God.

You must speak the truth at all times. Speaking the truth cannot harm you. It is better to speak the truth and offend people than tell lies and offend God. Any child who tells lies will no longer be a child of God, and will not also receive favour from God.

There is no little or small lie. God is unhappy with children who tell lies. Children who tell lies and refuse to repent will end up in hell fire. If you are still telling lies, you must repent today and ask Jesus to cleanse you in His blood.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me to speak the truth at all times

Further Reading: Proverbs 12:17-22

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10am On Oct 18, 2020

SUNDAY OCTOBER 18, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Worldliness
TEXT: 1 John 2:15-17

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him" (1 John 2:15)

Worldliness is the act of being worldly, familiar with the ways of the world, and living one's life according to the ideas of the world.

God warns all His children not to love the world, neither the things that are therein; anyone who takes pleasure in the things of the world does not love God. The things of the world will lure us away from following God.

Worldliness is a sin before God, and anyone who is worldly cannot enjoy the promises of God for His children. The Bible says in Romans 12:2, "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

When a child is worldly, he will no longer find interest or joy in the things of God. The love he or she had for God will begin to decrease until the person backslides. If you notice that you are already going the way of the world, quickly repent and ask God to make your heart steadfast in love for Him.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me not to be worldly

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:49am On Oct 18, 2020
Don't Be So Opinionated.

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2020

MONDAY OCTOBER 19, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Discipline
TEXT: Proverbs 13:20-25

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24)

God's word teaches us that it is necessary for parents to discipline their children when they do wrong, so that they will learn to behave well in life. Many children do not like discipline, they refuse correction and disobey their parents' instructions.

Love is what drives parents to teach their kids the right way of living. God commands in His Word that parents should discipline their children and the children should obey their parents.

As children of God, we need to be obedient to higher authorities in order to have a good future. Whenever our parents correct us through one punishment or the other, we shouldn't see it as hatred. Our parents want the best for us, and so, they make sure they correct us at every given opportunity they have.

Discipline is essential in training up children and making us to be who God wants us to be. Therefore, you should not rebel when your parents correct you for doing wrong. Instead, you should be grateful and thank your parents for their love.

Prayer: Lord, help me to be a disciplined and obedient child

Further Reading: Ephesians 6:1-4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2020

TUESDAY OCTOBER 20, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Honour Your Parents
TEXT: Ephesians 6:1-3

"Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise)" (Ephesians 6:2)

Honouring your parents means to be submissive and obedient to them, and do whatever you are asked to do at the right time. God has commanded you to honour your parents so that it will be well with you, and that you might live long on earth.

We came into the world through our father and mother. God has given them the responsibility to instruct, direct and teach us in the right way to live. Every father and mother want the best for their children. Hence, we should obey and honour them.

You must not be rude to your parents, and when they send you on errands, you must joyfully obey them. When you honour your parents, they will be happy and have joy in doing their best to provide your needs.

A stubborn and rebellious child will make his or her parents sad. God is not happy with such a child. If you want the blessings of God, then you MUST obey and honour your parents!

Prayer: Lord, please grant me the heart to honour and obey my parents

Further Reading: Exodus 20:12

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13am On Oct 21, 2020

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 21, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Who Is Your Master?
TEXT: Romans 6:12-18

"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey...?" (Romans 6:16a)

A master is someone who has general authority and rule over others. God is the overall Master of the world. The devil fights every day to be master and have control of people's lives, but the Bible warns us to beware of him.

Someone who is righteous is of God, for God is good and holy, and in Him there is no sin. Anyone who commits sin is of the devil, for the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. Therefore, Satan is the master of a child who continues in sin.

God has given us the right to choose who we will serve. Who will you choose? Jesus, Who came to save us from sin, or Satan, who came to capture people he will take with him to hell fire? Satan is not a good master.

The choice you make today determines where you will spend eternity. If you choose righteousness, you will be with Jesus in heaven, but if you choose evil, you will live forever with Satan in hell fire. So, take the right decision today by making Jesus your Master so that you can be with him in heaven forever.

Prayer: Help me Lord, to make the right choice and live eternally with my Master, Jesus

Further Reading: 1 John 3:4-10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2020
You Will Be A Star

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2020

THURSDAY OCTOBER 22, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Pay Your Vows
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 5:4-7

"Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay" (Ecclesiastes 5:5)

A vow is a promise to do something for somebody; it can be made to God or to man. Failure to redeem or pay a vow can make a person lose people's trust and could also damage his reputation.

We sometimes make vows to God when we desire Him to do certain things in our lives. When we make such vows, we must see to it that we will fulfil it. Making a vow and not fulfilling it becomes a sin.

Jephthah made a vow to God to offer as a burnt offering anything that came first from his house to meet him if he was victorious over his enemies. God gave him victory, and when he returned, his daughter and only child came out first to meet him. What could he do? He had made a vow to God and had to keep his vow. Thus, he offered his one daughter to God.

You must be thoughtful about the vow or promise you make. Your word is your bond. When you make your vow, you must ensure you fulfil it!

Prayer: Help me Lord, to pay my vow unto You

Further Reading: Judges 11:30-35

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2020

FRIDAY OCTOBER 23, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Ripe For Harvest
TEXT: Matthew 9:35-38

"Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few" (Matthew 9:37)

Many children are seeking the truth, they do not know who Jesus is neither do they understand why He died for us. The parents of some children have never taken them to Church or any Bible class where they could learn about Jesus and His life-giving words.

These children desperately need the truth, and are seeking someone to point them to the right way they should go. They are ripe for harvest. However, there are many false teachers out there carrying wrong doctrines that would lead these poor souls astray.

Jesus had compassion on sinners, and came to the world because He does not want anyone to die and go to hell. He needs faithful labourers for the work of winning souls into His Kingdom. He is calling His friends to quickly go out and seek the lost multitudes so that they would not perish. He is calling you today to rescue sinful children from hell fire.

But before you can join the Lord's workforce, you need to surrender your life to Jesus, make Him your Lord and Saviour, then you also will be qualified to join in harvesting souls to God's Kingdom.

Prayer: O Lord, help me to reach out to sinful children today

Further Reading: Acts 8:30-38

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2020

SATURDAY OCTOBER 24, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

What Is Your Life?
TEXT: JAMES 4:13-17

"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away" (James 4:14)

The life we live is given to us by God. Man has no power to give life or to take it. We have no knowledge of what can happen to us within the next seconds, because our lives belong to God and He is the only One that has power over our lives.

Knowing this, we have to live to please God. We should depend on God for everything and pray before taking decisions. We should not boast of what we want to accomplish in the future, but pray that the will of God be done in our lives. Remember the rich man who gathered his harvest and boasted. He had thought of enjoying himself for a very long time, but that night, God took away his life.

Although Jesus recognized the hard work and riches of this man, He referred to him as a fool because, the man, like many people today, failed to realize that God is the source of his success and blessings. He was more concerned about enjoying wealth and failed to recognize God who is the Giver of all things. Let us live our lives to the glory of God.

Prayer: Lord, let Your will be done in my life every day

Further Reading: Luke 12:16-21

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2020

SUNDAY OCTOBER 25, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Reward For Faithfulness
TEXT: Galatians 3:6-9

"Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness" (Galatians 3:6)

Abraham obeyed God and this proved his faithfulness to God. He was obedient to God, and God blessed him and his son Isaac, and the generations after them.

The little faithfulness we show to God brings reward to us. Faithfulness in serving God requires our complete obedience to His word just like Abraham did. He obeyed God in all things and was faithful to keep all that God had put in his care; thus, God blessed him.

What about you, are you faithful to God? Do you obey God and tell your friends about Jesus? Are you faithful in doing all that God has committed into your hands in His house: sweeping, preaching, singing, and praying for others? God wants you to be faithful to Him, and as you obey, He will bless you abundantly.

Prayer: Lord, give me the grace to be faithful to You

Further Reading: Romans 4:1-5

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.