Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" (380810 Views)

CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk / What Is The Difference Between The Word Of Wisdom And The Word Of Knowledge Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29am On Nov 21, 2020
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Praise The Lord
TEXT: Psalm 117:1-2

"O praise the LORD, all ye nations: Praise Him, all ye people" (Psalm 117:1)

Praising God is good, and the Lord actually delights in the praises of His people. He wants all His children to worship and whole-heartedly render praises to Him in appreciation of His goodness.

Praises move God to do supernatural things in the lives of His children. Praise is the key that opens the door of victory, healing, freedom from evil power, protection and provision. Where everything else fails, try praise. At the shout of praises of the children of Israel, the wall of Jericho fell flat. The prison door also opened when Paul and Silas prayed and sang unto the Lord. A sinful child must first give his or her life to Jesus before his or her praises can be acceptable unto God.

Prayer: O Lord, help me to always praise You for all Your goodness in my life

Further Reading: Acts 16:25-29

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2020
Quiet Time

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2020

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

A Source Of Encouragement
TEXT: Acts 4:32-37

"And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus" (Acts 4:36)

The world today is full of troubles. The people of God, like others, also suffer from different problems and afflictions, but God's promises are there for their sustenance. *God expects every believer to be a source of encouragement and comfort to those passing through difficulties of life.

Joy was a friend of Jesus whose life of righteousness was not hidden from people in her school. She was pleasant, encouraging others, and always doing good. She was nicknamed "Mother Theresa." Her life of kindness and generosity made many of her school mates to give their lives to Jesus and join the school fellowship.

God is calling you to be a source of encouragement to people around you. Through your kind words, peaceful conduct, generosity and forgiving nature, you should encourage others and bring joy into their lives. Be a channel of blessing to others like Barnabas in our passage today. No encouragement is too small - a little smile, a little word of comfort, a helping hand, can go a long way in bringing someone closer to God.

Prayer: Lord, help me to be a channel of comfort and encouragement to people around me

Further Reading: Colossians 3:12-17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2020

MONDAY NOVEMBER 23, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

Blessed Are The Peacemakers
TEXT: Matthew 5:1-9

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God" (Matthew 5:9)

A peacemaker is a person who helps to reconcile people who disagree, quarrel or fight. Every believer is expected to promote peace in the society and ensure peaceful relationship among the brethren. The devil is the cause of trouble in the world, but Jesus is the Prince of Peace. Anyone who has Jesus will definitely have peace and also promote peace.

You can be a peacemaker in many areas. First, you have to make peace with your Creator by surrendering your life to Him and avoiding things that make God unhappy. Second, you live peaceably with all men by trying as much as possible to avoid quarrels, fights and conflicts with people. Third, Jesus has called on every believer to reconcile sinners unto Him through preaching of the gospel. Sinners are enemies of God, and hell fire awaits them if they fail to repent.

When you have peace in your life and also make peace, people will know that you are a child of God. Your rewards include success in life, protection, abundance from God, peace of heart, joy, and reigning with Jesus in Heaven.

Prayer: O Lord, help me to be peaceful and also be a peacemaker in my community

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 5:18-21

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2020

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣

They Shall Surely Gather Together
TEXT: Isaiah 54:14-17

"Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake" (Isaiah 54:15)

God is full of mercy and compassion towards His children. He will never fail to rescue any of His children from trouble. There is sure help for any believer facing challenges as long as such believer remains with Jesus.

John was a true child of God. He lived as a righteous boy and would always preach about Jesus; going from house to house. A particular group of bad boys were unhappy with John for his preaching to people, because many of their members became friends of Jesus and left their gang.

One day, the bad boys planned to attack John during one of his outings for Jesus. They actually laid ambush for him while he was returning home.

As they came out for the attack, something happened. Instead of attacking John, their target, the boys started arguing and fighting among themselves; and while they were doing that, John escaped. Later on, some of the bad boys still gave their lives to Jesus.

Do not fear when you go on errands for the Lord Jesus. He promised to always be with His children who obey Him (Matthew 28:20).

Prayer: O Lord, protect me from the evil plans of the enemy

Further Reading: Psalm 25:2-6

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2021

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 27, 2021

POWER TO BECOME GOD'S CHILD
TEXT: JOHN 1:10-13

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:12)

Pharez loved to wear his favourite clothes which had become torn and very dirty. He was still wearing the clothes when his dad came in with a lovely new shirt and trouser.

He loved the new clothes and wanted to wear them. His dad refused to give it to him and said, "You must remove and do away with the torn and dirty clothes before you can have the new ones."

Just like Pharez, for a sinner to have the new life and become a friend of Jesus, he has to do away with the life of sin and Satan. He must be sorry for the life of disobedience, lying, fighting, etc., turn away from them, accept and believe on Jesus as the Saviour.

Jesus Christ is waiting for every sinful child to come to Him. The key verse today states that every sinner that rejects Satan, believes in the Name of Jesus and receives Him, will be forgiven and given power to become a child of God and a friend of Jesus.

Why are you not yet a friend of Jesus? Come to the Lord without delay, and repent now that you still have the opportunity to do so before it is too late. Ask Jesus to come into your heart now. If you are already a friend of Jesus, ask the Lord to help you to always obey and love Him.

Prayer: My Lord Jesus, please come into my heart, save me and give me the power to become Your child

Further Reading: Galatians 3:26-29

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Nov 28, 2021

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 28, 2021

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT
TEXT: JOHN 14:1-6

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 14:5)

Thomas, one of the disciples of Jesus Christ, was confused and uncertain of what would happen to them in future. Many children are worried because of the uncertainties of life.

Many questions arise in their minds - Why are we in this world? How long are we to stay here? Where are we going after death? How and when shall we go to heaven?

The Bible is the only book that provides answers to all these questions. Those who have tried to answer these questions outside the Bible have ended up creating more confusion for themselves and others.

To the question "Why are we in the world?" Isaiah 43:21 tells us "This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise." We are created by God for Himself, to live for His glory in this world.

We should live our lives in obedience to the word of God and glorify His Name as long as we live in this world. When God's purpose for our lives has been fulfilled, He will then take us to heaven to live forever with Him.

Jesus Christ promised to come and take all His faithful friends to heaven. He says, "...I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also"(John 14:3).What a wonderful promise of hope!

So, there is nothing to worry about. However, this hope is only for those who are born again and living a holy life. Are you born again?

Prayer: Lord Jesus, give me the grace to fulfil Your purpose for my life and make me ready for the rapture. Amen

Further Reading: Revelation 21:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
Day 4 || Wonders of the Cross || Nov. 28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_91MDtbEI
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2021

MONDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2021

MADE FOR GOD
TEXT: PSALM 139:14-18

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well" (Psalm 139:14)

God made us and loves each of us very much. He wants to be with us every moment of our lives. He made us for His glory. This means that, He made us in order to show the world that He is the only wise, loving and perfect God.

We get bored by others and we may bore them if we are with them for a long time. But God is never tired of us because He loves us. He made us so He could have a permanent relationship with us. We need to appreciate God for His love and all He has given us - salvation, holiness, wisdom, good health and other good things.

To give glory to God who made us, you must behave and speak in a loving manner to show others that you are a true child of God. You should also tell others how good and wonderful God is as you maintain a good relationship with them, and daily live to please God.

Prayer: Lord, let my whole life and living give glory to Your Name

Further Reading: Ephesians 1:4, 5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
Day 5 || Wonders of the Cross || November 29, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT15jNh8lsE
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2021

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2021

JEHOVAH SHALOM
TEXT: JUDGES 6:20-24

"Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovah-shalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abi-ezrites" (Judges 6:24)

The nation of Israel at the time of the judges was under serious oppression from the Midianites. Thus, the people cried unto God in their distress; because of His love and mercy, God heard their cry and chose Gideon to deliver Israel. This was what brought the encounter between the angel of the Lord and Gideon.

The man became fearful because he knew the repercussion of seeing God face-to-face. Notwithstanding his fears, the Lord assured Gideon that he would not die but rather become an instrument to deliver Israel and restore peace unto them. In appreciation of this unmerited grace that he received, Gideon built an altar unto the Lord and called it Jehovah-Shalom which means 'The Lord is Peace'.

As believers, we do not have to be afraid of the coming judgment. Christ bore the punishment so we would live and be in right relationship with God. Christ has brought peace into our relationship with God and cleansed our sins with His blood.

Peace means much more than absence of conflict or strife; it includes well-being, blessings and harmony with God. Jesus as the Prince of Peace, brings us peace with God and the peace of God, including wholeness and total well-being.

We must let this peace rule in our hearts as we enjoy close friendship with Christ. How do we let this peace rule in our hearts in the midst of a world that is full of confusion and struggles? The first step is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. When we do so, we are justified through faith and so have peace with God.

Prayer: Oh! Lord, I pray that Your peace will reign in my life and in the nation

Further Reading: Philippians 4:6, 7

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
Unending Benefits in the Cross of Christ || Day 6 || Wonders of the Cross || November 30, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ3xv8xAca8
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Dec 01, 2021
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 01, 2021

COVENANT BLESSINGS
TEXT: JOHN 14:1-3, 27

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:3)

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."

"In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Prayer: Amen. So let it be

Further Reading: Acts 1:9-11

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2021
THURSDAY DECEMBER 02, 2021

THIRSTING FOR GOD
TEXT: PSALM 42:1-4

"My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: When shall I come and appear before God?" (Psalm 42:2)

Hart is the name of an adult male deer. This animal can run at an amazing speed of 60 to 80 kilometres per hour. The hart always seeks water brooks. The animal recognizes that its survival depends on water. So, it seeks water all the time. Water is very important for our survival too as humans. Life depends on water. Lack of water causes dehydration and fainting.

In our text, the Psalmist likens his desire and hunger for the living God to that of the hart or the deer which pants after the water brooks. His heart panted after God as somebody desperately in need of water or air to survive. This represents an intense (strong or deep) passion for God. He loved God so much that he desired to appear in the presence of God all the time.

A heart like that will always want to pray, sing praises, read God's word, meditate on God's words and goodness, talk about the goodness of God to people, and always desire to be in fellowship with other children of God. Also, such a heart will always desire to make heaven where he can live in the presence of God forever.

Is your heart like that? Do you love God with all your heart and always desire to be in the presence of God? Pray for grace to love God with all your heart, and never allow anything to take the place of God in your heart.

Prayer: Lord, give me the grace to love You with all my heart always

Further Reading: Matthew 22:36-40

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2021
FRIDAY DECEMBER 03, 2021

WAIT UNTIL THE BLESSINGS COME
TEXT: JOSHUA 22:1-6

"So Joshua blessed them, and sent them away: and they went unto their tents" (Joshua 22:6)

"Better is the end of a thing than the beginning." A story was told of a man who purchased a parcel of land with a large sum of money because he heard that diamonds could be found in the land. Then, he started digging.

After a long time without seeing any diamond, he became discouraged and sold the land to another man and left. The new buyer of the land just dug some few metres further and found the diamonds! He therefore became a very rich man. Many children like to start something new but they do not have the patience to finish it.

The tribes of Reuben, Gad and the half tribe of Manasseh, got their share of the portion of the land before crossing Jordan; but Moses told them that they must follow other tribes of Israel to cross Jordan and fight against the enemies before returning to their own possession. They readily agreed to Moses' suggestion.

After the heathen nations had been conquered and all the tribes in Israel had possessed their lands, they were ready to return to their own land. Joshua was very happy with them. He blessed them greatly for their obedience, patience and endurance.

Many children do not have the patience and the perseverance to finish what they start. Do you always endure to finish what you start? Some children pray but they are not patient to receive the answer, they run about for fruitless self-help and other solutions.

Do you finish your homework, daily Bible reading, and learn the memory verse? Do you dutifully determine to follow Jesus to the end? Remember, there are great blessings for all who persevere and finish well.

Prayer: Lord, give me the grace to always finish what I started

Further Reading: 2 Timothy 4:6-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2021
SATURDAY DECEMBER 04, 2021

THINK RIGHT!
TEXT: PROVERBS 23:7-10

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee" (Proverbs 23:7)

A story was told of a fisherman who went to the river to catch fishes. When he caught a fish, he would measure the fish with the ruler he took along with him. If the fish was shorter than or equal to the ruler, he would keep the fish. Any fish longer than the ruler was thrown back into the river.

A man saw him and asked, "Why are you throwing the big fishes back into the river?" Pointing to the ruler, the fisherman replied, "This ruler has the same length with my frying pan. Any fish longer than it would be too long for my frying pan, and would not be useful."

What a foolish decision and action that was! The fisherman would have simply used his knife to cut the long fish into smaller sizes and fry them; but because he thought foolishly, he also acted foolishly.

The above story applies to many people. Unwise thoughts lead to foolish decisions and failure. Godly and wise thoughts produce wise decisions and success. From our key verse today, we learn that our thoughts determine the life we live. This means that our lives would move towards the direction of the most dominant thought in our heart.

What is the most important thought in your heart? As friends of Jesus, our hearts must be filled with thoughts of God and His word: telling others about the love of Jesus, studying our books and desiring to be the best, being ready to go with Jesus during the rapture, excellence, honesty, etc.

However, if your heart is filled with disobedience, laziness, lies, etc., you must come to Jesus and forsake your unrighteous thoughts and way of sin. Turn to God. He will forgive and give you a new heart.

Prayer: Search my heart, Lord. Remove every thought of sin and failure, and help me to think like You

Further Reading: Psalm 139:23-24

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2021
Sunday Worship Service || December 05, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA32YfU0YyU
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
SUNDAY DECEMBER 05, 2021

THE POWER OF THOUGHTS IN PRAYER
TEXT: EPHESIANS 3:14-21

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" (Ephesians 3:20)

Our key verse reveals to us that God is able to do and give us not only what we ask, but also what we think. Therefore, there must be an agreement between what we pray about and what we believe.

It is not only what we ask for in prayers that is important but also what we think or believe after we have offered prayers to God. Thoughts of doubt about God's ability to answer before praying is a waste of time. Also, thoughts of unbelief about God's faithfulness to His promises after praying is like a child using an eraser to clean all he has used his pencil to write.

Our God is the God of all possibilities. His words are sure and His promises will definitely be fulfilled in our lives. As friends of Jesus, we must think about what the Bible teaches us about God. Think on God's promises, faithfulness, love and power.

You must not depend on how you feel or what your friends say after you have prayed. God does not answer prayers based on what we feel, but on what He has promised.

Thoughts of doubts and unbelief bring fear, destroy faith and hinder us from getting answers to prayers. The devil usually brings suggestions to our hearts. You have the power to choose whether to accept or reject them. Pray in faith and get ready to share your testimonies.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to always think about Your power and faithfulness and not accept thoughts of unbelief from the devil

Further Reading: Isaiah 65:22-24

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Dec 06, 2021
MONDAY DECEMBER 06, 2021

CHOOSE LIFE
TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 30:19,20

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Man is often said to be a free moral agent. This means that the power to make choices has been given to everyone by God.

When a baby is born, the parents decide what the baby will eat, when to eat, what clothes to wear, where to sleep, etc.; but as the baby grows and knows what is good and bad, the parents gradually allow the child to begin to take decisions by himself. On a daily basis, everyone is faced with the need to make choices in life.

The greatest choice you will need to make in life is the choice between eternal life and eternal death. Nobody can make the choice for you. Although nobody wants to die, but your decision will determine whether you will live or die, and where you go thereafter.

Moses presented to the children of Israel the option of life or death, blessing or cursing, but he encouraged them to choose life.

In the same way, Jesus Christ presents to everyone life and death. The Bible says "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" (John 3:36).

Delay in totally giving your life to Jesus is very dangerous. Living in secret sin is a choice of death. Repent from sin and live a holy life. That is the best choice to make. Decide for Jesus today!

PRAYER: Dear Lord Jesus, give me the power to choose life and to keep to this decision.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 13:10-13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bible Study Service || December 06, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQpiKxaAXWE
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Dec 07, 2021
TUESDAY DECEMBER 07, 2021

DO NOT DELAY!
TEXT: JOHN 12:35-38

"Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth" (John 12:35).

John and Ken left home together for school. They were pupils of a military primary school in the community. As they drew near to the school, they suddenly heard the school time keeper ringing the bell for assembly.

As John heard the bell, he left Ken with whom he was walking with, and started running very fast towards the school gate. Immediately John crossed the school gate and entered the compound, the headteacher, who had been standing nearby, ordered the prefect to lock the gate.

Ken was just a short distance from getting to the school gate. He was locked out with other pupils for coming late to school. The headteacher ordered all the late comers to go to the school garden for manual labour, for coming late to school.

Many children postpone or delay in doing things they ought to do now; like doing their home chores - washing plates, sweeping their rooms, ironing their school uniforms and even doing their homework. These delays often lead to regrets. Many others delay in accepting Jesus as their Saviour and Lord.

A nursery rhyme says:

"Tick says the clock, tick, tick, What you have to do, do quick."

This bad habit of delay must stop if you want to succeed in life. Many great opportunities have been lost by many children because of delaying to do the right thing at the right time. Do not delay, give your life to Jesus before it is too late.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, help me not to delay in doing things at the right time.

FURTHER READING: Acts 17:30-32

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2021
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 08, 2021

AVOID BAD COMPANY
TEXT: LEVITICUS 18:1-5

"After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances" (Leviticus 18:3).

Every nation in the world have their culture, tradition and way of life. New babies born into these nations are usually brought up to follow their ways. The people's culture affects their manner of life, such as greetings, the kind of food they eat, their table etiquette, the way they dress, relationship between the young ones and the adults, their way of worship, educational system, and many other things.

The people's concept of God to a large extent, determines their way of life. Idol worshipping nations pattern their way of life according to the dictates of the laws of the idols they worship because they do not know the true and living God.

When God brought out the children of Israel from Egypt, as they journeyed to the Promised Land, He began to teach them His ways and gave them laws that would pattern their way of life through their leader Moses.

As you give your life to Christ, God calls you to a new way of life in Christ Jesus, this is different from the way other children in your school, street or community live. You cannot follow their ways. You cannot be like them. If you are a true child of God, you must follow the way of holiness.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, teach me Your ways, and give me the power to follow You all the way.

FURTHER READING: Romans 13:11-14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Dec 09, 2021
THURSDAY DECEMBER 9, 2021

PORNOGRAPHY FORBIDDEN!
TEXT: GENESIS 9:20-29

"And Hɑm, the fɑther of Cɑnɑɑn, sɑw the nɑkedness of his fɑther, and told his two brethren without" (Genesis 9:22).

In the Holy Bible, the story of Noɑh cɑme up before the cɑll of Abrɑhɑm. This shows thɑt Noɑh lived before the lɑws of Moses were given. He hɑd three children - Shem, Hɑm and Jɑpheth. God used Noɑh to sɑve his fɑmily from the flood becɑuse he wɑs righteous. However, ɑfter the flood, the Bible records thɑt "...Hɑm, (one of his children) the fɑther of Cɑnɑɑn, sɑw the nɑkedness of his fɑther, and told his two brethren without" (Genesis 9:22). This wɑs ɑn abominɑtion before God. When his fɑther woke up from sleep, he plɑced ɑ curse on Hɑm ɑnd his generɑtion. This story cleɑrly shows us thɑt God does not wɑnt us to look at the nɑked bodies of other people.

In the world todɑy, there is this uncleɑn ɑct of "pornogrɑphy." It is ɑ common prɑctice ɑmong the young ɑnd old. In some fɑmilies, pɑrents ɑllow their young children to come into their rooms to see their nɑkedness while they ɑre dressing up - some ɑlso ɑllow their grown-up children see freely one ɑnother's nɑkedness. These ɑre very wrong.

Some children indulge in looking ɑt nɑked pictures of men and women in books, mɑgɑzines, on the internet, on their smɑrt phones, etc. Mɑny ɑre ɑlreɑdy ɑddicted to these evil prɑctices. Reject pornogrɑphy, it is forbidden by God. If you hɑve been involved in ɑny ɑbominɑble ɑct of ɑny form, repent now ɑnd surrender your life to Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I turn ɑwɑy from every evil prɑctice ɑnd surrender my life to You.

FURTHER READING: Leviticus 18:6-17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Dec 11, 2021
FRIDAY DECEMBER 10, 2021

ANTFUL LESSONS - PART 1
TEXT: PROVERBS 6:6-8

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise" (Proverbs 6:6).

Tiny ants have great lessons to teach us. The ant, an insect so tiny that cannot in any way be compared to man, yet have great lessons to impart to us. Solomon, the king whom God gave great wisdom and understanding, tells us to go to the ant and learn vital lessons from it.

LESSON 1 - Ability to organise:

There are three kinds of ants in a colony: workers, the queen and the males. Each of them does different jobs. They are so well organised that they carry out their entire task through division of labour.

Nothing is left undone in the ants' colony because of the well-organised structure. This is a serious lesson for children who are not well-organised in the way they do things. Take note of this important lesson and do the following:

Wake up early to do your quiet time.

Sort out your uniform, socks, shoes, school bags and other things you need to take to school, and keep them carefully before going to bed.

Always do your assignments and homework at the right time. Do not wait until the due date for submission.

Keep your room tidy at all times. You can draw out a time-table for your daily chores.

Be prayerful and remain organised.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to organise my life.

FURTHER READING: Job 12:7, 8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2021
Every Esther Needs a Mordecai || Sunday Worship Service || December 12, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKJoIuWTk9w
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18am On Dec 13, 2021
SATURDAY DECEMBER 11, 2021

ANTFUL LESSONS- PART 2
TEXT: PROVERBS 6:3-6

LESSON 2 - Unselfish Unity:

Ants move in a convoy and work in complete unity. If they locate something edible, they immediately pass on the message to others. Also, when there is danger, the first to sight it will quickly alert the others.

Don't be a source of disunity wherever you find yourself. Live in love and unity with your siblings, neighbours and school mates.

LESSON 3 - Willingness To Share:

The ants share everything they acquire. They don't eat alone. Most children are not always willing to share with others. They will rather allow things to waste than share with others.

Learn to share what you have with others, especially the needy. God will reward you for doing so. There is pleasure and joy in sharing.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to live in unity with others and share my things with the needy.

FURTHER READING: Galatians 6:2

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2021
SUNDAY DECEMBER 12, 2021

ANTFUL LESSONS- PART 3
TEXT: PROVERBS 6:3-11

"Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest" (Proverbs 6:8).

LESSON 4 - Discipline:

The sense of discipline among ants is really amazing. Without any mistake, they march one after another in a line. How pleasant to see them march without any argument or accident! They are also orderly in their conduct.

Do you learn anything here? A well-disciplined lifestyle will attract favour and promotion. Be disciplined in your choice of friends, the way you act and the way you comport yourself.

LESSON 5 - Active:

The ants are always busy doing one work or another; because of this, they never lack, be it in time of plenty or famine. Ants do not have a teacher or overseer, yet, they do what they ought to do at the right time.

They gather up enough food during the time of plenty and store them up against the time of famine. They don't usually get tired. This is a timeless lesson for lazy children.

You must learn to be wiser and more hardworking than these tiny, seemingly insignificant creatures. Be busy and do something worthwhile. Laziness brings sorrow while discipline and hard work leads to success.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to be disciplined in all I do.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 24:30-34

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
MONDAY DECEMBER 13, 2021

ANTFUL LESSONS - PART 4
TEXT: PROVERBS 6:4-11

LESSON 6 - Tirelessness And Persistency:

Ants always keep themselves busy all day long. They are engaged in doing one thing or the other; unlike some children who are idle and lazy. Ants are also persistent when an obstacle is placed on their way, they always find a way around such obstacles.

You must never give up so easily in the face of obstacles. There are many obstacles in life that you must overcome. As long as you keep trying, you will get past whatever is blocking your path.

LESSON 7 - Strong And Hardworking:

Ants are noted for carrying objects that are bigger than them. This is only made possible by means of hard work and determination. Ants are not only strong but also hard working. They take pleasure in lifting heavy objects to their colony.

If we don't look at how big a task is, but look only at our big God, we will easily accomplish such a task without difficulty.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, help me to be hardworking and diligent.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 30:25, 26

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2021
TUESDAY DECEMBER 14, 2021

ANTFUL LESSONS - PART 5
TEXT: PROVERBS 6:6-11

LESSON 8 - Skilful Planning:

Ants are great planners. When it is summer, they store up enough food in their colony. During winter, when the cold is becoming unbearable and they cannot go out, they never lack anything.

Plan how to use your time, talents and treasure effectively.

LESSON 9 - Team Spirit:

Everything ants do is for the benefit of the colony and they work together until the work is finished. Each ant knows its duty and does all it can to accomplish its task.

Some ants are involved in making tunnels, some are to move materials while others go in search of food. If an ant is not working with the team, it will be easily noticed.

Be a team player and do your own part of the work at home, school and fellowship. Remember, Together Everyone Achieves More.

The lessons from these tiny ants are great challenges to all children. Show by your actions that you are wiser than the ant, and you will succeed.

PRAYER: I thank You Lord, for all the important lessons You have shown me; help me to be a doer of Your word.

FURTHER READING: John 17:20-23

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 15, 2021

RESPECT YOUR PARENTS
TEXT: LEVITICUS 19:1-4

"Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep My sabbaths: I am the LORD your God" (Leviticus 19:3).

The word respect means to reverence or give honour to somebody. This is expressed through obedience.

The childhood of our Lord Jesus Christ clearly shows that He respected His earthly parents. "And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart" (Luke 2:51).

Our mothers conceived and gave birth to us. They go through much pains and hardship during pregnancy and child birth. Both parents work day and night to provide and care for their children. They spend their hard-earned money to pay school fees, buy clothes, food, and pay medical bills. They do all these because they care for their children.

In appreciation for parental love and sacrifice, God commands every child to respect his/her parents by obeying them. God expects parents to give their children godly instructions and guidelines in life. Children in turn are expected to be obedient in order to receive God's blessings.

Obedience to godly instruction from your parents is not optional, it is a MUST. "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."

PRAYER: Lord, make me an obedient child.

FURTHER READING: Ephesians 6:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34am On Dec 16, 2021
THURSDAY DECEMBER 16, 2021

NO TO TATTOOS!
TEXT: LEVITICUS 19:27-31

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD" (Leviticus 19:28).

A friend of Jesus must not copy or follow the ways of life of the world; otherwise, he may be going contrary to God's commands and instructions unknowingly.

In the Old Testament, God warned His children against some practices of the ungodly nations. They usually make cuttings on their bodies for the dead, print marks and designs on their bodies and around the corners of their head. These are done for the dead. Some also practice witchcraft. All these practices are abominations before the Lord.

One of the commonest of these bad practices in modern times is tattooing. According to the dictionary, tattoo means to "mark a part of the body with an indelible design by inserting pigment into punctures in the skin."

Some years back, tattoos were done only by illiterate villagers either as fashion or as tradition. Today, many people - artists, musicians, students, actors, celebrities and so on now have tattoos on their bodies.

Are tattoos acceptable to God? No! The word of God forbids it and He will punish all who do such. Do not follow the multitude to do evil.

PRAYER: Blessed Father, help me not to follow the evil practices of the world.

FURTHER READING: Exodus 23:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2021
Power Night Service || December 16, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxtFPOEHc9I

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.