Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,221 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:36 PM

Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt (1949 Views)

Any Good Auto Electrician In Ph / 5 Auto Mechanics Tips That Raise A Red Flag / Share Auto Mechanics, Diagnostic & Tire Techicians Job Vacancies Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by captainking(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
hi cartalk family..

i have been in ph for bout 7 months now and i realise most of the mechanics here do not have technical knowledge of cars..they only know how to loose one part, change the part, test, etc without proper use of scan tools and wide understanding of live data etc..

I am saying this because i have seen lots of mechanics or kazeems fix cars without success but with the use of my pocket scan tool, i have been able to help lots of ph residents fix simple issues to their cars by scanning the car for codes, looking it up online, print it for them and tell them to tell their mechanics where to look at in the car...and wahlaaa...its fixed...like magic....all cos i have a pocket scan tool and i am no mecho..

Gurus in the house..especially those that live in port harcourt..do you know any good mechanic in port harcourt who understands the technical parts of fixing cars? who can interprete live data and can successfully explain to the layman what STFT and LTFT is..(cos most mechos here dont even know what these are)..

Do you know any mecho in ph who is close to being as good as gazzuzz, mayor2013, autologic, oluwaseun, cardoctor and other car gurus here on nairaland?? please kindly refer by dropping their contacts here...a pool of potential clients awaits them...

The car gurus here please share contacts of your auto mecho aquaintances that reside in ph..

I believe we could be helping lots of ph residents..

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
captainking:
hi cartalk family..

i have been in ph for bout 7 months now and i realise most of the mechanics here do not have technical knowledge of cars..they only know how to loose one part, change the part, test, etc without proper use of scan tools and wide understanding of live data etc..

I am saying this because i have seen lots of mechanics or kazeems fix cars without success but with the use of my pocket scan tool, i have been able to help lots of ph residents fix simple issues to their cars by scanning the car for codes, looking it up online, print it for them and tell them to tell their mechanics where to look at in the car...and wahlaaa...its fixed...like magic....all cos i have a pocket scan tool and i am no mecho..

Gurus in the house..especially those that live in port harcourt..do you know any good mechanic in port harcourt who understands the technical parts of fixing cars? who can interprete live data and can successfully explain to the layman what STFT and LTFT is..(cos most mechos here dont even know what these are)..

Do you know any mecho in ph who is close to being as good as gazzuzz, mayor2013, autologic, oluwaseun, cardoctor and other car gurus here on nairaland?? please kindly refer by dropping their contacts here...a pool of potential clients awaits them...

The car gurus here please share contacts of your auto mecho aquaintances that reside in ph..

Thank you
do you drive a japmobile or a german machine?
Japmobile and i would say wisdom in ikoku but a german machine,i know just where you should go.
So,which is it?
Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by captainking(m): 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2019
nwanneni:
do you drive a japmobile or a german machine?
Japmobile and i would say wisdom in ikoku but a german machine,i know just where you should go.
So,which is it?
kindly paste wisdoms number.. His services will help a lot of folks. As well as the german machine expert..thanks a lot bro..
Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 03, 2019
captainking:
kindly paste wisdoms number.. His services will help a lot of folks. As well as the german machine expert..thanks a lot bro..

I saw someone recommend chuks to you on another thread. How was your experience with him?
Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by captainking(m): 7:45am On Jan 03, 2019
rationalmind:

I saw someone recommend chuks to you on another thread. How was your experience with him?
really..i don't think Chuks is in ph.. I think what we discussed was how to connect back fan to factory settings.. Which has been done...
Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by nurey(m): 8:04am On Jan 03, 2019
captainking:
really..i don't think Chuks is in ph.. I think what we discussed was how to connect back fan to factory settings.. Which has been done...

so you can't open shop and cash in. You are one of the problems of Nigeria.

Problem: dearth of knowledgeable auto technicians in portharcourt

Issue: Due to insufficient education and low financial capability to afford quality tools for the diagnosing and fixing of vehicles in portharcourt

solution: Open a shop and partner with locals in offering the services hence creating a niche of solving a problem and financial gains. Jobs created and knowledge transfer

start thinking like an entrepreneur and stop complaining

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by homeboy205: 8:36am On Jan 03, 2019
Na so broda make he just open shop, and have one mechanic by side na you be the first Auto technician for PH from there you go buy other tools

captainking:
hi cartalk family..

Thank you

nurey:

Issue: Due to insufficient education and low financial capability to afford quality tools for the diagnosing and fixing of vehicles in portharcourt

solution: Open a shop and partner with locals in offering the services hence creating a niche of solving a problem and financial gains. Jobs created and knowledge transfer

Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by captainking(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2019
nurey:

the demeanors general is here.. Well. I am not an auto mecho... Though am learning Lil by Lil here.. And I have the will to learn but less time. I pray this year. I will be able to learn.. But from the little I know.. I have been helping lots of .. Individuals scan and recommend solutions from knowlege gathered here.. I don't try nah even though I can do more. .since I do not have a car repair shop now.. And might not have any in the nearest future.. Those that know car gurus can recommend.. And those that want to start can start.. But I believe sometime in the future..with enough capital and know how.. I will venture into that.. It's one of my dreams.. By the way... Radautoworks, Gazzuzz, autologic, and the rest can open up branches here.. Just saying..

1 Like

Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by captainking(m): 8:57am On Jan 03, 2019
@nurey... On another note.. I have once though about your idea of partnering with locals..t he thought ain't dead yet.. Let's see how the year goes by
Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by nurey(m): 9:13am On Jan 03, 2019
captainking:
@nurey... On another note.. I have once though about your idea of partnering with locals..t he thought ain't dead yet.. Let's see how the year goes by

You don't need to open shop or a large garage

1st rule of business start small and grow big

2nd rule of business there is nothing that markets a business better than circle of friends

3rd rule of business the most successful business is not one with skyscraper office and educated employees, but one that has solution to a problem not every problem.

You have to pay me for mentorship nothing is free in Freetown

Now you have a landmark, you are a son of the soil

Your circle of friends already know you do magic with one device and your phone. You have market your service.

You just need a small space kiosk or no kiosk as long as it's shaded then get a printer, A4 paper and every Saturday sit at the mechanic shop and offer scanning services, scan and draw out a conclusion online and charge.

As time goes by you will draw out a pattern like code p03xx on accord does this and that but when sensor B is changed all is well you become a professor overnight.

Leave Sunday for madam and the children if none you can visit your parents they told me you never show face since Christmas grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by olumide4christ: 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
nurey:

2nd rule of business there is nothing that markets a business better than circle of friends

3rd rule of business the most successful business is not one with skyscraper office and educated employees, but one that has solution to a problem not every problem.

Your circle of friends already know you do magic with one device and your phone. You have market your service.

You just need a small space kiosk or no kiosk as long as it's shaded then get a printer, A4 paper and every Saturday sit at the mechanic shop and offer scanning services, scan and draw out a conclusion online and charge.

As time goes by you will draw out a pattern like code p03xx on accord does this and that but when sensor B is changed all is well you become a professor overnight.

Leave Sunday for madam and the children if none you can visit your parents they told me you never show face since Christmas grin

Sir
..you're really a man of wisdom...by this comment...you have also demonstrated knowledge of entrepreneurship besides cars..
I have learnt a lot from you...keep it up sir!

I believe your comment here will inspire people to start something somewhere, no matter how small. 2019 is already great for every one of us!
Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2019
captainking:

Here you have the said discussion

talktimi:
my mechanic will destroy your car and tell you sorry BUT Gazzuzz dropped this number for someone a while back, I saved it for when I get my next ride (Chuks 08033123865)

captainking:
a mechanic that tries that on my car will get himself in deep poo..thank God for Nairaland and my scanner. I monitor everything mecho touches in the car .. Haha.. Thanks for the number.. Will give him a call..

Anyway, I was with him earlier today and really enjoyed his service, even checked more than I asked him to.

His knowledge on vehicle repairs goes beyond your average automech and he's always ready to share.

Minor downside is, he charges a one time registration fee before he can work on your vehicle. I guess it's his own way of making his clients loyal to him wink

NB: I am not in anyway affiliated to him, just sharing my experience with him.

1 Like

Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by captainking(m): 6:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
rationalmind:

Here you have the said discussion

Anyway, I was with him earlier today and really enjoyed his service, even checked more than I asked him to.

His knowledge on vehicle repairs goes beyond your average automech and he's always ready to share.

Minor downside is, he charges a one time registration fee before he can work on your vehicle. I guess it's his own way of making his clients loyal to him wink

NB: I am not in anyway affiliated to him, just sharing my experience with him.
really..wow.. I dint really take note of it then I guess.. He will have lots of referalls from me then..thanks a lot..
Re: Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt by captainking(m): 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
nurey:

Good one bro.. Great insights from you.. That's awesome

(1) (Reply)

Help Between Avalon And Camry / Punctured Bottom Plate; Weld Or Replace? / Lexus Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.