Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,628 members, 7,851,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:44 PM

Mtn: Milking Nigerians Dry! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn: Milking Nigerians Dry! (529 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mtn: Milking Nigerians Dry! by Koye4sshow(m): 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2010
I do not intend this piece to be a very long one, but I will use enough words to communicate all the frustration I feel at the predatory organization in yellow, MTN Nigeria.
I will start by advancing this proposition: MTN has the largest subscriber base in Nigeria today because they have the best brand image, not because they provide the best services. Think about that for a while, I do not think that I need to explain that any further.
I understand that the crippling business environment that obtains in Nigeria is largely responsible for the disparity in rates applicable to callers in say, Nigeria and Ghana; but I also understand that MTN’s rates are astronomical relative to those of other telecomm operators in Nigeria! Read more,
Consider for example MTN’s ‘new’ tariff package, MTN LINK. MTN is coming up with MTN-MTN rates of 50k per second and MTN-others rates of 58k per second, when users of the relatively new Etisalat can make calls to other networks for as low as 25k per second with a monthly rental of N300.
Read more here: http://koyegbeke..com/2010/08/mtn-milking-nigerians-dry.html
Re: Mtn: Milking Nigerians Dry! by Koye4sshow(m): 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2010
Methinks MTN should devote a whole section of their workforce to crawling the web and observing the widespread change in their brand perception. If they think that a lot of execs and business men do not spend time on internet forums, they should note that they have friends and family that do!

I think that this is simpler than it looks on the surface. Cheaper rates will lure people into making more calls and spending more time online. Making recharge cards available in hundred naira denominations proved that. Many people I know buy so many N100 and N200 recharge cards that they end up spending more than the N750 or N1500 they initially thought they could not afford. In the end, because people will spend more time using these services, they will end up with the same levels of profit as now, if not more! I would never use an MTN browsing cheat, if only they had affordable pricing options; and by the way I no longer use the cheat!

Read more here: http://koyegbeke..com/2010/08/mtn-milking-nigerians-dry.html

(1) (Reply)

Yes, You Can Sack Your Lanlord In The Next 12months max! / Tell Us What Hosting Package You Want / Get Exchange Server 2003 Software, Microsoft Isa 2004/2006 Firewall Software,etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.