Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

‘I Was Almost Burnt Alive,’ Nigerian Trans Woman Says - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ‘I Was Almost Burnt Alive,’ Nigerian Trans Woman Says (320 Views)

'she Bin Dey Active For Choir, We No Know Say She Be Trans Woman' / Passengers Burnt In Accident On Keffi Abuja Road (Graphic Photos) / Pregnant Petrol Black Marketer Burnt To Death In Delta Accident With SUV (Graphi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘I Was Almost Burnt Alive,’ Nigerian Trans Woman Says by nspodcast1: 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
A Nigerian trans woman describes the perils of living in a society where trans people suffer discrimination, violence and even death.

By Mike Daemon

In Nigerian media, trans people have almost no visibility. The hardships and discrimination they face are unreported. The facts of their lives are misconstrued. Their stories are sensationalized.

To encourage a better understanding of what trans people go through, Ekombong, a 23-year-old Nigerian trans woman, shared her experiences with NoStringsNG.

Ekombong has endured all sorts of violence and abuse, including once being stripped naked, beaten, and almost burnt alive at a nightclub in Nigeria.

While growing up in the Akwa Ibom area, she was a very feminine boy and, as a result, did not really have friends, she said.

Follow link to read more>> https://nostringsng.com/burnt-alive-transwoman-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Youths And The State Of The Nation By Opadeji Samuel Olumide / Pmb And His Anti Party Activities / Buhari With Southwest Traditional Ruler 2019 Versus Jonathan 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.