Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Apple Iphone XS Max Allegedly Explodes In Ohio Man’s Pocket - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Apple Iphone XS Max Allegedly Explodes In Ohio Man’s Pocket (279 Views)

81-Year-Old Ohio Man Shoots Uber Driver Over Scam Allegations (Video) / Lady Burnt Alive As Car Filled With Gas Explodes, After Police Chased Them(pics / Woman Caught Stealing From Man's Pocket In Keke In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apple Iphone XS Max Allegedly Explodes In Ohio Man’s Pocket by Techcribs: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2019

A three-week-old iPhone XS Max reportedly caught fire and exploded while in the pocket of an Ohio resident on December 12. A man who identified as Josh Hillard, said that he was at lunch at 3:00 p.m. when he noticed a smell and felt a “large amount of heat” and then green and yellow smoke coming from his iPhone XS Max.

“A VP of our company put the fire out with a fire extinguisher because he heard me yelling,” Hillard told iDrop News. “Once the phone was extinguished, I was left with a hole in my pants, fire extinguisher on my pants/shoes, and some pain/irritation in my buttocks region where the pocket of my pants was located.”

Hillard says he later tookk the damaged phone to an Apple Store. While the Store apparently offered him a replacement phone, he refused it unless he could also keep the damaged one. He then contacted the Apple Care support line and after providing photographs of the damage, reports that an Apple safety department supervisor “essentially offered a new phone.”

Hillard says that this is insufficient, and he also wants Apple to reimburse him for his damaged pants plus the cost of his cell plan while he was unable to use the phone. The man is also reportedly considering what legal options are available regarding the incident.

Source>> https://techcribs.com.ng/apple-iphone-xs-max-allegedly-explodes-in-ohio-mans-pocket/

(1) (Reply)

Eiye Cult Leader: I Only Killed Many People, Blinded Another / Armed Robbery Syndicate Busted By Police In Abia, Stolen Car Recovered / Security Alert!! Man Kills Wife, 2 Children, Amputates Others In Ebonyi Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.