Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Ayade Lies About Everything, Cannot Stand Opposition, Says Owan-enoh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade Lies About Everything, Cannot Stand Opposition, Says Owan-enoh (219 Views)

Tinubu’s Absence Has Become Nightmare For Opposition, Says Keyamo / Integrated Payment System Saved ₦361 Billion Despite Opposition, Says FG / Buhari Presents Ndoma As 'Governorship Candidate' Instead Of Owan Enoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ayade Lies About Everything, Cannot Stand Opposition, Says Owan-enoh by Mrakeli: 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
The Cross River State governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator John Owan-Enoh, has accused Governor Ben Ayade of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of lying about everything as far the programmes and policies of government are concerned.

In a press conference in Calabar, Owan-Enoh also said the present administration in the state could not withstand position and was doing everything it could to stifle them.

Owan-Enoh, who presently represents Cross River Central in the Senate, in the state needed to be change, and he was in the race to restore hope and confidence in the people.

He said, “This is an administration that lies on everything. It is not the kind of thing that we are looking forward to. The government needs to be changed. This administration doesn’t know Cross River. It is not interested in Cross River and its future and we need to change it. This administration cannot stand competition because of how woefully they have done. And they try to stamp out opposition. This administration tries to posture in Abuja as being friendly to President Muhammadu Buhari, but back at home, it is fighting opposition and doing things that are unspeakable.

“People ask me where my billboards are. My billboards are not here in Calabar particularly because this administration cannot stand seeing my billboards. They were pulling them down.

“Officials of the campaign organization are getting intimidating calls everyday. We are in a civil society and it is important this administration understands so. It needs to know that the election is going to be competitive. It is going to be keenly contested. We have candidates for every state constituency, every federal constituency, and the senatorial district and the governorship candidate.

“I would like to appeal to the generality of Cross Riverians, those at home and those in diaspora that the 2019 governorship election is going to be a very consequential election. Let everyone get involved.

Better days are possible again. None of the two previously civilian administration got elected on the altar of ethnicity. They got elected on the basis of their credentials and what they were expected to do and they delivered in Cross River.

“Cross River is in an unusual situation and requires an unusual response. 2019 is not about the north, central or south districts of the state. It is about Cross River and about who has the blueprint to deliver, who can be trusted, who can take us to the next level, and who can change the narrative of the state.

“We are in an era where government needs to create the enabling environment for industrialists, for the private sector to come and invest. The public government has no business going about building industries. That is the best way to go about stealing the resources of the state. Government has no business building industries in the year 2019. Any government that does so wants to encourage corruption. It wants to put hands in the public till. That is what it is.

“The greatest achievement of this administration which it talks about every day is the garment factory. I challenge this administration to come clean first on the true ownership of the garment factory, secondly, with how much was spent to build and thirdly, three and a half years later, how much has that garment factory generated for the state.

“This administration spends time on window dressing. It cannot get anything right. I would run an administration that would be sincere. I believe in what I am doing. When Liyel Imoke handed over to Ayade in 2915 Cross River became the 11th largest economy in Nigeria. The latest statistics indicate we are at 36. We are at rock bottom as a state. As a state, how bad can it get before people take action to change the course of their lives. The 2019 governorship election is about the future of Cross River.”

Owan-Enoh called on disgruntled party men and women to work together to oust the present government in the state.

“The APC is one big family. I would like to call for cooperation, for reconciliation. I appeal that we all get back together. The matters that seek to divide us are not as important as the matter that confronts us as a state. We should get back together in one party and win this election. Cross Riverians expect us and are praying for us to win, even those who are appointed in his government. People are yearning for redemption and today I take up the challenge,” he said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/01/ayade-lies-about-everything-cannot.html

(1) (Reply)

PDP Not A Threat To Buhari’s Re-election — Keyamo / This Year We Must First Create Peace Within Ourselves / Commissioner Warns Journalist Against fake News , hate Speech.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.