Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,110 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

How Do I Cook Jollof Rice Well - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Cook Jollof Rice Well (1856 Views)

I Decided To Cook Jollof Rice Today / How I Cook Special Ogbono Soup That Make People Bite Their Fingers (pic & Video) / “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cook Jollof Rice Well by felifeli: 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
Party Jollof rice is always nice and crumbly. The one I cook the rice is always sticking together . How do I cook Jollof where the grains are well cooked, moist and separate . Is it about the rice or some other magic ? Please give me a recipe. Thanks
Re: How Do I Cook Jollof Rice Well by selfwife(f): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
You want to cook felifeli jollof abi.basic ingredients :rice (5cups);tomato and pepper paste(which u can roast in the oven small before grinding,marg, tin tomato 180/200 naira own, water, salt, stock water(omi Eran), ginger, garlic, onion,curry, Maggi (good chicken flavored one), all the nice spices you can think of.
procedure :rinse your rice with hot water and drain & set aside (don't do over sabi & parboil except u be pro).In a wide enough pot, put in about 2 big spoons of the oil u used to fry your animal,pour in your onion, ginger & garlic(dont be stingy with your use of spice) &allow to fry for some minutes,pour in the tomato &pepper paste allow to fry all under high heat.put ur tin tomato paste.taste for salt &co & adjust as necessary. don't be in a hurry please as everything needs to fry wella......... after some min, the oil should be on top. stir & remove half of the sauce into a bowl(it will burn if you use everything at once) pour not more than 4 cups of water(including stock water) in the sauce and ensure it boils before pouring your rice into it stir once only(all stiring should be done with a wooden Turner to minimise pre mature burning. allow to boil until almost done. if it needs more sauce, add little by little to the top without stirring. if it needs water, add bit by bit without stirring......when it is done, allow it to burn a bit for the flavour to be enhanced. before stirring together for the last time, add a spoon of marg so that your rice won't be dry textured .... FOR THE SALAD, you can start making it now and keep in the fridge along with the cream. you will use the remaining sauce to pepper your meat. .......FOR THE PRESENTATION, slice oil the way it is round on top the meat after arranging in a dish & fresh tomatoes..... SAFETY :please your life is more important than the food so wash your hands, keep little children away from fire and don't used spoilt or semi rotten parts .one love. if you have more questions about this, please ask.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cook Jollof Rice Well by felifeli: 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2019
Thank you. I will put to test next weekend and tell you how it goes

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cook Jollof Rice Well by marylandcakes: 11:16pm On Jan 02, 2019
felifeli:
Party Jollof rice is always nice and crumbly. The one I cook the rice is always sticking together . How do I cook Jollof where the grains are well cooked, moist and separate . Is it about the rice or some other magic ? Please give me a recipe. Thanks

The problem might be that there is too much starch in the rice and this needs to be washed thoroughly. You can check out my Jollof rice video for more tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Ju6YhdqFI
Re: How Do I Cook Jollof Rice Well by felifeli: 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2019
marylandcakes:

The problem might be that there is too much starch in the rice and this needs to be washed thoroughly. You can check out my Jollof rice video for more tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Ju6YhdqFI

Thanks . Can you summarise here for other readers who don't want to gamble with their precious megabytes grin
Re: How Do I Cook Jollof Rice Well by biyiwyle(m): 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
The major issue is the starch in the rice. Let me teach you another method.
STIR FRY JOLLOF

* Perboil your rise for like 7-10mins. Make sure the rice is not soft but almost soft.

* Drain water away and probably rinse one more time to wash away the starch

* Prepare your sauce: put oil on fire, pour in your pepper, bay leaf curry and all like you want to do fried stew, season it... Once it's done.

* Pour your rice in, don't stir much just mix lightly, put little more water and cover.

* Leave for another 5-7 minutes and stir well...

* Thank me later.

Or visit : www.caterbakes.com for Fuller recipe

(1) (Reply)

Local Dishes,foreign Dishes And International Dishes Revealed,how To Cook Them / Made In 9ja Corn Flakes Is ....hmmm / World's Best Chefs Are Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.