Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate (19659 Views)

An Nysc Graduate With Seaman Qualifications I Need Sea Experience, Any Help!!! / Nysc Exemption Letter / An Nysc Lagos Corper In Need Of A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by natasha: 8:45am On Aug 09, 2010
Hi Everyone. Pls i want some reasonable info on how i can apply for an exemption certifcate from NYSC. I have lived most of my life in england. Had my Bachelors & Msc over there. I also have 5 years work experience in england. I am thinking of relocating to Nigeria and frankly DO NOT want to serve if i can avoid it.
So any ideas on how i can apply for exemption will be much appreciated. I already know i dont qualify on the age criteria as i'm barely 24 yrs and i understand u have to be 30 yrs to be exempted on age grounds.
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Okijajuju1(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2010
Tell them you have a chronic killer disease.

or.

Shoot yourself in the knee.

Cos you either have a chronic illness or your are physically/mentally handicap or you falsely declare your age. The choice is yours.

Hope I was helpful
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by esdee1(m): 9:38am On Aug 09, 2010
wait till you're above 35 years then come back to nigeria
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by natasha: 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2010
What health conditions are accepted?
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by ausman: 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2010
there is away we do it am a staff in nysc hq abuja contact me via my email austak4rea@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by afternysc(f): 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2010
On a serious note, pls communicate with somebody in power in NYSC, in the local region to which you have been posted if already posted. Nothing comes easy. And you need a cogent reason for this: Age, ability/disability, status, etc. good luck!
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Okijajuju1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2010
natasha:

What health conditions are accepted?

Anything good. Like contagious diseases. You can choose from Ebola to cholera to Whooping Cough e.t.c. Use your imagination and make sure its good and backed with lab results and other medical brohaha!!

ausman:

there is away we do it am a staff in nysc hq abuja contact me via my email austak4rea@gmail.com

What ever you do, dont deal with this man or his likes. They are crooks who will eat your money and not do jack.

If you need my advice, I would say come back, go to Abuja, NYSC HQ, Register. When you are done, look for an official that looks approachable, try and see how you can influence your deployment. Pick a good state, then go for camp orientation, work with an official who would work out a deal that would allow you serve in absentia.

Its not legal, but its better than putting your trust in someone who would promise you exemption and do nothing. Either this or stay abroad till you hit menopause and then you can return home.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by natasha: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2010
Okija very funny but thank u. I do have a serious Long term Health Condition that is controlled with medication. However, it can be flare up when i'm exposed to certain triggers. Its a condition i've had since i was a kid and there's lots of medical reports to prove.
What i'm trying to understand is that do i have to accept deployment? cant i just be exempt after showing a medical report without been deployed and then seeking an exemption?
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Okijajuju1(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2010
If it is serious enough, you would be exempted without deployment. I hope you are not talking out asthma!! Cos that will only exempt you from physical exercise and drill during orientation and not service entirely.
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by AVISENNA: 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2010
tell them you are a mutant: it's hard to believe but it works
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by bokmal(m): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
just read this old post and a bit curious....at the time the OP wrote this she was barely 24 years old, had a Bachelors and a Master degree and 5years experience....

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by phaya(f): 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
bokmal: just read this old post and a bit curious....at the time the OP wrote this she was barely 24 years old, had a Bachelors and a Master degree and 5years experience....

Am also wondering the same thing! Somebody is telling a WHITE LIE
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Dats why U need 2 let dat scamming ausman scam her..she is a bloody liar, and if a cunning man die, na cunning man go bury am...chikena.

5years esp, first and master degree, and 24 years my foot...

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Itoroetti(m): 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hayjaycity: Dats why U need 2 let dat scamming ausman scam her..she is a bloody liar, and if a cunning man die, na cunning man go bury am...chikena.

5years esp, first and master degree, and 24 years my foot...

Nothing we no go hear for naija.
5yrs experience with 24yrs of age and she don get bsc and msc under dis age.na real wa.
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by 2legit2qwt: 4:00am On Jul 12, 2013
Itoroetti :

Nothing we no go hear for naija.
5yrs experience with 24yrs of age and she don get bsc and msc under dis age.na real wa.

It's possible
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Nobody: 5:14am On Jul 12, 2013
2legit2qwt:

It's possible

She is a nigerian in diaspora,its not possible

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by fckyourman: 5:21am On Jul 12, 2013
And you have the guts to called someone lazy.
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by bokmal(m): 5:58am On Jul 12, 2013
2legit2qwt:

It's possible

It's possible but highly unlikely. She's barely 24. So subtracting her "5 years" experience leaves us at 19yrs. The B.Sc and M.Sc takes away 4yrs. That leaves us with 15yrs. The question now is did she start university at 15yrs or is the 5yrs experience not entire professional experience? So that could include experience jobs at McDonald's, Mr. Biggs, etc...
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by hpk(m): 6:21am On Jul 12, 2013
phaya:

Am also wondering the same thing! Somebody is telling a WHITE LIE
Dis 1 pass White, na ASH Lie!!! Wetin sef!!!
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Acidosis(m): 7:55am On Jul 12, 2013
Lol... It is very very very possible...

Don't you know some Nigerians abroad work and still go to school?

Lol.. some of you think "work experience" only start from the job you get after graduation..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Acidosis(m): 7:57am On Jul 12, 2013
Hayjaycity:

She is a nigerian in diaspora,its not possible

More reason why it's possible!

I can work part time and school full-time or vice versa
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by 2legit2qwt: 8:36am On Jul 12, 2013
Acidosis:

More reason why it's possible!

I can work part time and school full-time or vice versa
Correct! It only takes 4+2 years to get both degrees which leaves her around 18 as the starting age, considering she goes straight to college right after her secondary/high school
As stated above by Acidiosis, people work and go to school which i think is her case
bokmal:
It's possible but highly unlikely. She's barely 24. So subtracting her "5 years" experience leaves us at 19yrs. The B.Sc and M.Sc takes away 4yrs. That leaves us with 15yrs. The question now is did she start university at 15yrs or is the 5yrs experience not entire professional experience? So that could include experience jobs at McDonald's, Mr. Biggs, etc...

Wrong! see above

I worked a professional job all the way through college meaning, i got 4 years of professional experience, not flipping burger or whatever but resume type job

It's very possible and likely. Besides, i don't see any trail from the post why she would even lie.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Tlolu: 9:20am On Jul 12, 2013
its so obvious the Nigerian mentality has eaten deep into the minds of people. what is impossible in what she said, did she request for money or anything, she didn't give out her personal details or requests for other people's own. all she sought for was opinion from people. Besides in societies that function unlike in Nigeria B.sc takes just 4years or less with all d holidays inclusive. M.sc 1 year. as you well know, majority of them work while in school there, unlike here where even as a graduate flipping burgers sef you never still get. Think positive and not negative all the time. everything scam scam. undecided

2legit2qwt:
Correct! It only takes 4+2 years to get both degrees which leaves her around 18 as the starting age, considering she goes straight to college right after her secondary/high school
As stated above by Acidiosis, people work and go to school which i think is her case

Wrong! see above

I worked a professional job all the way through college meaning, i got 4 years of professional experience, not flipping burger or whatever but resume type job

It's very possible and likely. Besides, i don't see any trail from the post why she would even lie.
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Bensonn: 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ OP why wld u want to exempt ypourself from NYSC? I am ashamed of everybody here advising the op on how to play smart intead of being partriotic. Corruption has eaten deep into this country, and out youths are also affected.
@ op you stayed all your lives a uk, but you dont want to serve your fatherland, so d ppl serving are all fools? The skills u got from ur studies in uk, cant u used it in affecting the community you will be posted to, tru community dev. Service (CDS). After u guys in diaspora will be saying this country is not good to stay thus running away, but u ppl contribute in polluting ur fatherland. I tot u have learnt somtin from ur yrs of study but i can convienently confirm that u are not different from the much claimed unbaked Nigerian graduate. Go cover ur face in shame. If i know you i will make sure, i will whistle-blow this ur stupid unpartriotism.
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by casiello(m): 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
Bensonn: @ OP why wld u want to exempt ypourself from NYSC? I am ashamed of everybody here advising the op on how to play smart intead of being partriotic. Corruption has eaten deep into this country, and out youths are also affected.
@ op you stayed all your lives a uk, but you dont want to serve your fatherland, so d ppl serving are all fools? The skills u got from ur studies in uk, cant u used it in affecting the community you will be posted to, tru community dev. Service (CDS). After u guys in diaspora will be saying this country is not good to stay thus running away, but u ppl contribute in polluting ur fatherland. I tot u have learnt somtin from ur yrs of study but i can convienently confirm that u are not different from the much claimed unbaked Nigerian graduate. Go cover ur face in shame. If i know you i will make sure, i will whistle-blow this ur stupid unpartriotism.
Dat awkward moment wen u'd realise that dis thread is 3 years old & d OP probably doesnt visit this site anymore

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Acidosis(m): 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
Bensonn: @ OP why wld u want to exempt ypourself from NYSC? I am ashamed of everybody here advising the op on how to play smart intead of being partriotic. Corruption has eaten deep into this country, and out youths are also affected.

Internet Epistle.
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
casiello: Dat awkward moment wen u'd realise that dis thread is 3 years old & d OP probably doesnt visit this site anymore

OOOHHHHHHH!!!! SHITTT!!! shocked shocked
Re: How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate by buteh: 4:50pm On May 19, 2016
This cracked me up....!!!! grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Foundaries Limited / Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? / 2015 GMAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.