Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,888 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. (15521 Views)

Salaries: Gombe ASUU Vows To Withhold Students' Results / ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion / ASUU Vows To Continue With Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by SAMBARRY: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
In all of this empty gra gra there is always a Judas among them who will always sabotage their efforts.if not since when ASUU has been striking,have they been taken seriously or their demands met 100%?
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by emmasege: 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
udemzyudex:
I just dey imagine the way APC for react to this ASUU strike if na dem dey opposition.

Karma is a bitch ooooooo
That's where PDP is getting it wrong. They have many cheap political points to "hammer on" as a way of exposing Buhari's ineptitude. But Kola Ologbodiyan or do I even say the national leadership of PDP is so dumb. Thank God Atiku is not as dumb as Seconds and his team, otherwise I'll be rooting for someone else.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mirallas:

Really, you call me his set of miscreants that refer to themselves as intellectuals people you can trust? This guys are only fighting for their pockets and at the same time their demands are not realistic giving the state of the economy in the country. They only use the students as their leverage in pursuing their selfish interest.
Agreement was signed and was implemented until the government suddenly stop.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by Oyebobo42: 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2019
This is total nonsense their own children are schooling abroad while we are here suffering for Education meanwhile Education system in Nigeria is too poor���
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by Teejay123: 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
Johnson5258:
As if you know
Use your common sense Oga! How will universities in Nigeria with their current state produce the results you are talking about. Isn't that part of what they have been agitating.

Na wa o

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by bioman: 7:56pm On Jan 03, 2019
emmasege:
Since when did ASUU start pursuing their course to a logical conclusion?

Watch as they rush back to suspend the strike the moment FG releases peanut of #20 billion to them. An amount that's probably not up to what some MDAs (e g NNPC) collect as annual allowances is given to more than 30 federal universities, and yet they suspbend the strike and we applaud the government.

And it appears ASUU or do I even say university lecturers are cursed with poverty, or how does one explain their poor salary structure that's even worse than polytechnic salary structure. I understand that a fresh PhD holder earns less than 150k while a professor earns about 500k in federal universities. Meanwhile, there are many jobs out there that offer a fresh graduate (BSc holders) more than 200k. And the nation expects the universities to attract the best brains. Little wonder, there are more teachers than researchers in our universities, and more job/promotion seekers than those who want to make impact.

The best brains are undoubtedly in the industry, and no nation develops this waym
. You are right. The salary is a joke. I am one of them. The worst form of poverty is not knowing you are poor. SMH

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by toprealman: 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2019
Always barking like their NLC counterpart........never biting.
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by uncle212(m): 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2019
The govt and ASUU playing with the future of the Nigerian youth.
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by arinzos(m): 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2019
I am speechless grin grin
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by brexit: 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
YOU MAY BE SURPRISED THAT MOST OF YOUR MEMBERS MAY PULL OUT OF THE STRIKE SOON,ASUU EXECUTIVES ARE MADE UP OF INSENSITIVE ACADEMICS,TOO BACKWARD IN THEIR THINKING JUST LIKE KOLA THE PDP MEDIA DIRECTOR WHO IS HORRIBLE IN HIS APPROACH.
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by jmaine: 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
emmasege:
Since when did ASUU start pursuing their course to a logical conclusion?

Watch as they rush back to suspend the strike the moment FG releases peanut of #20 billion to them. An amount that's probably not up to what some MDAs (e g NNPC) collect as annual allowances is given to more than 30 federal universities, and yet they suspbend the strike and we applaud the government.

And it appears ASUU or do I even say university lecturers are cursed with poverty, or how does one explain their poor salary structure that's even worse than polytechnic salary structure. I understand that a fresh PhD holder earns less than 150k while a professor earns about 500k in federal universities. Meanwhile, there are many jobs out there that offer a fresh graduate (BSc holders) more than 200k. And the nation expects the universities to attract the best brains. Little wonder, there are more teachers than researchers in our universities, and more job/promotion seekers than those who want to make impact.

The best brains are undoubtedly in the industry, and no nation develops this waym

ASUU won't call off the strike for any foolish N20 billion release, so you can comfortably mute that point. And No, they are not cursed with poverty.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by semyman: 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
Logical conclusion to bury government institutions for the survival of the private and foreign universities.

Continue

Agents of darkness your days are numbered
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by emmasege: 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2019
jmaine:

ASUU won't call off the strike for any foolish N20 billion release, so you can comfortably mute that point. And No, they are not cursed with poverty.
May I ask you how much was released to them out of well over two hundred billion naira being owed them, before they suspended the strike in 2017? Just 20 something billion naira in case you didn't know.
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by Danjuma827(m): 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2019
naunasabi:
All uni students my advice is that you guys should go and look for any Emeka shop in your neighborhood and sign up for apprentice. This strike tire wrapper ooh
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by jmaine: 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
emmasege:
May I ask you how much was released to them out of well over two hundred billion naira being owed them, before they suspended the strike in 2017? Just 20 something billion naira in case you didn't know.

23 billion it was actually for EAA payment. But this is different..
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
NLC,una see your life?
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by Kolping: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
Salary of lecturers in Federal Universities - National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission (NSIWC)

NOTE all figures are before deductions such as tax, pension contribution, etc. The figures below are the GROSS salary so the NET salary (i.e. what you get paid in your bank account) will be less than what is listed below.

Total Emolument, which includes academic allowances and rent:
Graduate Assistant (CONUASS 01) - Entry level for graduates with a Bachelor's degree
Minimum salary = 105,281 Naira per month (i.e. 1,263,377 Naira annually)
Maximum salary after 6 years = 120,647 Naira per month (i.e. 1,447,767 Naira annually)

Assistant Lecturer (CONUASS 02) - Entry level for Master's degree holders
Minimum salary = 120,922 Naira per month (i.e. 1,451,071 Naira annually)
Maximum salary after 8 years = 146,241 Naira per month (i.e. 1,754,902 Naira annually)

Lecturer II (CONUASS 03)
Minimum salary = 137,459 Naira per month (i.e. 1,649,509 Naira annually)
Maximum salary after 8 years = 164,970 Naira per month (i.e. 1,979,640 Naira annually)

Lecturer I (CONUASS 04)
Minimum salary = 173,332 Naira per month (i.e. 2,079,995 Naira annually)
Maximum salary after 9 years = 223,667 Naira per month (i.e. 2,684,010 Naira annually)

Senior Lecturer (CONUASS 05)
Minimum salary = 257,625 Naira per month (i.e. 3,091,505 Naira annually)
Maximum salary after 13 years = 371,292 Naira per month (i.e. 4,455,506 Naira annually)

Reader (CONUASS 06)
Minimum salary = 314,018 Naira per month (i.e. 3,768,221 Naira annually)
Maximum salary after 10 years = 417,062 Naira per month (i.e. 5,004,750 Naira annually)

Professor (CONUASS 07)
Minimum salary = 381,695 Naira per month (i.e. 4,580,349 Naira annually)
Maximum salary after 10 years = 501,680 Naira per month (i.e. 6,020,163 Naira annually)

All Graduate Assistant, Assistant Lecturer and Lecturer II staff earn less than 150,000 Naira per month.
A Professor, after ten years in that position, barely takes home 450,000 Naira per month.

bioman:
. You are right. The salary is a joke. I am one of them. The worst form of poverty is not knowing you are poor. SMH
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
This country is really burning large.
Re: ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. by dollar124(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2019
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says the 2019 elections will not stop its struggle to revitalise public varsities in the country.
why not call it what it is, the struggle to revitalize the well being of your members.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission List Is Out / Delta State University Admission Requirement Update / Interested In Studying In Salzburg University Austria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.