Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (2396 Views)

Shehu Shagari Is Dead. Former President Dies At 93 / Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown / Aides Help Shehu Shagari To Board A Plane (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2019

7 Likes

Re: . by StOla: 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
What is the fixation with universities?

Is that they only symbolic expression of Nigeria's failure?

And the renaming of the University of Ibadan to Shehu Shagari University of Ibadan will go a long way in solidifying the alliance between the core North and South west.

Is Atiku not a Northerner who is Fulani and a Muslim? Is Peter Obi who is his running mate not from the South East?

Even the late Shagari who was also Fulani and Muslim from the North, had Alex Ekwueme from the SouthEast as his vice-president in 1979.

We also remember Azikiwe's 1960 alliance with the NPN controlled by Northern Fulani Muslims.

Bashir Tofa a Fulani Muslim from Kano in the North and Sylvester Ugoh from Imo in the SouthEast were running mates under the NRC in 1993.

Igbos should be proud of their factual and documented historical alliance with the North whereby the Igbos always play second fiddle to their Muslim Fulani masters from the North.

Continue to Atikulate Obidiently to a gworo-chewing, kunu-sipping, burukutu-drinking Fooooolani Muslim called Atiku Turakin Adamawa ibn Abubakar.

6 Likes

Re: . by thatigboman: 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
01Alpha:
This is the least we could do to say thank you. The first Democratic president of Nigeria deserve some thing better but this are trying times. And the renaming of the University of Ibadan to Shehu Shagari University of Ibadan will go a long way in solidifying the alliance between the core North and South west.

I would have suggested the University of Nigeria but the name "Nigeria" is bigger than any person. I think this will bring unity and oneness.

I am Abubakar from Jigawa.
is there no university in jigawa?

4 Likes

Re: . by Lassandi(m): 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
Abubarkar, you must have awoken from the wrong side of the bed today
Why not FUT Minna or a brand new uni in Shagari village named after SHEHU Shagari.

1 Like

Re: . by thatigboman: 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
StOla:

i tire o. In abuja, there are 1001 landmarks to rename
Re: . by Vickym1(f): 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
They should name one of the unis in the North after him.. Simple.

5 Likes

Re: . by thatigboman: 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
Lassandi:
Abubarkar, you must have awoken from the wrong side of the bed today
Why not FUT Minna or a brand new uni in Shagari village named after SHEHU Shagari.
pls leave FUTMinna. We the alumni of the uni will never accept that rubbish
Re: . by Is04970: 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
01Alpha:
This is the least we could do to say thank you. The first Democratic president of Nigeria deserve some thing better but this are trying times. And the renaming of the University of Ibadan to Shehu Shagari University of Ibadan will go a long way in solidifying the alliance between the core North and South west.

I would have suggested the University of Nigeria but the name "Nigeria" is bigger than any person. I think this will bring unity and oneness.

This is the op's uncle in IMO state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by DEXTROVERT: 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
01Alpha:

FEDERAL university Dutse
Or
Jigawa State Poly
Sule Lamido university can be changed too
College of Education, Gumel too
Is
A better
Option

Mr
Abubakar
From
Jigawa
Re: . by DEXTROVERT: 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
01Alpha:

2 Likes

Re: . by Jungpablo: 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
OP is like something is doing you
Re: . by kolafolabi(m): 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
Op, why not University of Maiduguri?

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
What stupid alliance?

Re: . by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
Is04970:

This is the op's uncle in IMO state.
I'm form Jigawa and not IMO pls
Re: . by CharleyBright(m): 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
Yeah, Buhari and his Northern cronies can chose any ( or all ) University in the South West and name it after their late Northern brother - Shagari ( or even Maitama Sule) we dont care.
After all, the South Westerners have resolved to support the Northern agenda at all cost.
Let the North and the South West pally together till death do them part.
It is their choice.

But Buhari should not dare try to chose any South East or South South university to satisfy their northern quest.
We the people of South- South and the South East are not part of the North & South West unholy alliance and we wont stand for the agenda the alliance produce.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2019
StOla:

Is Atiku not a Northerner who is Fulani and a Muslim? Is Peter Obi who is his running mate not from the South East?

Even the late Shagari who was also Fulani and Muslim from the North, had Alex Ekwueme from the SouthEast as his vice-president in 1979.

We also remember Azikiwe's 1960 alliance with the NPN controlled by Northern Fulani Muslims.

Bashir Tofa a Fulani Muslim from Kano in the North and Sylvester Ugoh from Abia in the SouthEast were running mates under the NRC in 1993.

Igbos should be proud of their factual and documented historical alliance with the North whereby the Igbos always play second fiddle to their Muslim Fulani masters.

Continue to Atikulate Obidiently to a gworo-chewing, kunu-sipping, burukutu-drinking Fooooolani median called Atiku Turakin Adamawa ibn Abubakar.
pls do not turn it into a tribal war, we just trying to honor our past president. He was a great man

1 Like

Re: . by StOla: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
01Alpha:
pls do not turn it into a tribal war, we just trying to honor our past president. He was a great man

You don't want a tribal discourse, yet you already derailed from a national viewpoint by alluding to a North-SouthWest alliance? Stop deluding yourself.

He was a great man and I trust him and his late deputy Alex Ekwueme will be well honoured in the SouthEast, where his removal from office is still being mourned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by daddyp76(m): 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
01Alpha:

Is there no any university in the north that can be rename after Shagari? If you don't know I suggest university of maduguri to be rename after him.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
thatigboman:
is there no university in jigawa?
There is a lot of University in the North but like I said, the renaming would tighten the relationship between the North and the West
Re: . by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2019
StOla:

He was a great man and I trust him and his late deputy Alex Ekwueme will be well honoured in the SouthEast, where his removal from office is still being mourned.
We have other intention other than tightening our alliance with the West

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2019
kolafolabi:
Op, why not University of Maiduguri?
No na, Tue purpose of the renaming is to solidify the relationship between the North and West
Re: . by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2019
StOla:

We have no other intention other than tightening our alliance with the West
Re: . by Eledan: 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2019
StOla:

Bashir Tofa a Fulani Muslim from Kano in the North and Sylvester Ugoh from Imo in the SouthEast were running mates under the NRC in 1993.

Igbos should be proud of their factual and documented historical alliance with the North whereby the Igbos always play second fiddle to their Muslim Fulani masters from the North.

Continue to Atikulate Obidiently to a gworo-chewing, kunu-sipping, burukutu-drinking Fooooolani Muslim called Atiku Turakin Adamawa ibn Abubakar.

To most of the Ibos, Nigeria democracy started in 2015. All this your history excursion is strange and new to them grin

2 Likes

Re: . by StOla: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
Eledan:

To most of the Ibos, Nigeria democracy started in 2015. All this your history excursion is strange and new to them grin

I truly get tired of reminding them of how much they have served the core Muslim North Obidiently over many decades since independence.

They wish they can erase the history of their past servitude.

Till now, they are still Atikukating with vigour and vitality to serve the Turakin of Adamawa.

Some have even said that should a SouthWest politician duly win the APC presidential ticket for 2023, the Igbos will singlehandedly ensure that PDP zones its own 2023 presidential ticket to the North, who will then select an Igbo as deputy, rather than the Igbo vie for the prime position of presidential flagbearer.

Mental slavery is genetic.

2 Likes

Re: . by Eledan: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
CharleyBright:
Yeah, Buhari and his Northern cronies can chose any ( or all ) University in the South West and name it after their late Northern brother - Shagari ( or even Maitama Sule) we dont care.
After all, the South Westerners have resolved to support the Northern agenda at all cost.
Let the North and the South West pally together till death do them part.
It is their choice.

But Buhari should not dare try to chose any South East or South South university to satisfy their northern quest.
We the people of South- South and the South East are not part of the North & South West unholy alliance and we wont stand for the agenda the alliance produce.

What then is Obi doing with Atiku, is that not north and and SE alliance ?

Some of you Ibos sound so silly that engaging you is even irritating

1 Like

Re: . by Teibaba(m): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2019
Well done Mr tighter.

01Alpha:
We have no other intention other than tightening our alliance with the West
Re: . by sunnyt1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
01Alpha:

Have you heard of shehu shagari polytechnic in sokoto?
Re: . by Is04970: 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
01Alpha:
I'm form Jigawa and not IMO pls
We know your type.
Keep deceiving yourself. We we know the people with the patient right for skewed reasoning.

1 Like

Re: . by raumdeuter: 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
They should change Ojuku university to Shagari in memory of the man who granted Ojuku pardon

2 Likes

Re: . by SalamRushdie: 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
what happened to using Northern Universities
Re: . by Babangees(m): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
cheesy
Re: . by CharleyBright(m): 1:35am On Jan 04, 2019
Eledan:

What then is Obi doing with Atiku, is that not north and and SE alliance ?

Some of you Ibos sound so silly that engaging you is even irritating

What makes u think i am Ibo?
I certainly know u are Yoruba by the way my comment pain u, but dont drag me into your Yoruba vs Ibo unending E- wars.

By the way, is it not true that Yoruba and Northerners have always form alliance?
Una never see something.
Just pray make Buhari no get 2nd term, because Fulani herdsmen go carry una do suya and your houseboy VP Osibanjo will only look on helplessly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

State By State Breakdown Of The Collection Rate Of The PVC / November 5 To 10 Has Been Declared Sit At Home In Alaigbo / This Is Ebonyi Today- No Sit At Home On Mondays And Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.