Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. (31272 Views)

Arise News Crew Members Attacked & Injured At Elegushi Palace, Lagos (graphic) / Disturbing Photos ESN Members Killed In Imo State / IPOB Members Killed 2 Policemen In Anambra - Police React (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by jaxxy(m): 9:37am On Jan 04, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
They died ...okay we have heard! We all will all die

What killed them so we can know

Was it Enemy fire!
Was it badly maintained craft
Was it bad weather
Was is psychological state of mind
Was it suicidal

These are the answers we 2wnt not some emotional tirades !

What is wrong with us

Nobody is being emotional. When u keep loosing good men u need to stop and think of what Ure doing wrongly not throwing more men into suicide missions. That is why I said no intelligence is obviously at play here.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:40am On Jan 04, 2019
SalamRushdie:

our MI35s are the only thing the Nigerian air force has that Boko haram is scared of , certainly not the hopeless alpha jet or the that stripped down Chengdu F7 both of which can't hit anything accurately on the ground , it's so bad that Boko haram know the hopeless sound of the Alpha and don't even bother ducking when it does it fly by but they hide once the here that heavy rotor down wash of the MI35...fir you information I come from one Nigeerias most decorated military family , you can't mention the Nigerian army and not mention my family name and I also served but briefly ..

but you have not been to the battle field and that means you don't have any experience in battles. Is it only one Mi35 they got? and how do you know it is only one? and how do you know they don't duck when they hear the sound of other aircrafts? when you have not been to the battle field and How do you know they have not procure other Aircrafts that are better ? Stop judging base on the knowledge you have about them when you are not on the battlefield with them, and just because you serve shortly in the Nigeria Army doesn't mean you will know everything about them and have all the knowledge about them, i just want you to stop judging and predicting shits this is real war and anything can happens, Stop your annoying prediction you should know better if truly you served in the army .....just because some things go wrong, you predicted that everything is going to go wrong like that when they could counter the enemy plan with another strategy, it is your type that deserted the army and run away just because you heard a few things go wrong in the battle front, no wonder you said you served for a short time
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:46am On Jan 04, 2019
jaxxy:

Nobody is being emotional. When u keep loosing good men u need to stop and think of what Ure doing wrongly not throwing more men into suicide missions. That is why I said no intelligence is obviously at play here.

That's why they call it War.... Many Good men will die because it is inevitable, thousands die in War
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by jaxxy(m): 9:49am On Jan 04, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

That's why they call it War.... Many Good men will die because it is inevitable, thousands die in War

Yes they will die, infact they Must all die like chickens because it’s war. U better go see how Americans do war with sense they don’t die like fowls and that is why the men still honor and respect their country. Their government values their lives unlike here where they are sent to the slaughter.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Baselm: 9:50am On Jan 04, 2019
femijay8271:
Rip to them but is there no parachute anymore?

It is close air support, parachute is useless cos they aren't in high altitude
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Beavalue: 9:51am On Jan 04, 2019
imagine the toy they went with.am just tired if this country I can get my kidney that they didn't survery
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Beavalue: 9:55am On Jan 04, 2019
I can bet my kidney that they didn't survey the place before the attack,there was no intelligence information gathered.no night vision aids, n to think of the toy they went with.see how peoples lives are being wasted y will anyone even join any Nigerian force baffles me
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by SalamRushdie: 9:57am On Jan 04, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

but you have not been to the battle field and that means you don't have any experience in battles. Is it only one Mi35 they got? and how do you know it is only one? and how do you know they don't duck when they hear the sound of other aircrafts? when you have not been to the battle field and How do you know they have not procure other Aircrafts that are better ? Stop judging base on the knowledge you have about them when you are not on the battlefield with them, and just because you serve shortly in the Nigeria Army doesn't mean you will know everything about them and have all the knowledge about them, i just want you to stop judging and predicting shits this is real war and anything can happens, Stop your annoying prediction you should know better if truly you served in the army .....just because some things go wrong, you predicted that everything is going to go wrong like that when they could counter the enemy plan with another strategy, it is your type that deserted the army and run away just because you heard a few things go wrong in the battle front, no wonder you said you served for a short time

Nigeria has 4 MI-35M gunships and two have been lost in battle meaning we have just two operational Hinds now and every loss of an MI35 is a big loss to the troops on ground because it's the only effective platform the air force has that can provide effective smart fire for troops on the ground , it's the on only platform we have that have night vision fighting capabilities and that was why it was out in the night assisting troops before it was shot down ...Our Alphas can't be scrambled at dark because even in daylight the never hit anything on the ground accurately .. Oga I am a military enthusiast now and take it from me the loss of that Gunship is a big loss to to the troops on the ground ..

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:07am On Jan 04, 2019
jaxxy:

Yes they will die, infact they Must all die like chickens because it’s war. U better go see how Americans do war with sense they don’t die like fowls and that is why the men still honor and respect their country. Their government values their lives unlike here where they are sent to the slaughter.

Lol... you know nothing about war casualties, go and check the list of Americans war casualties ... it is in Thousands, check the list of american casualties in Afghanistan and not even only americans that are fighting there, there is US,UK Canada and France and they all died in thousands and injured in thousands, and that's just where they are fighting Terrorism, i am not talking about Real war with other nations even though they Won but they still have high casualties in Thousands, too much hollywood movies makes you guy to think Americans are invincible lol, Google is your friend check Americans Casualties in Afghanistan alone and they are not even the only one fighting, Canada, UK, France and other Nato forces too if they were the only one fighting they would have suffered much casualties, it is inevitable.... imagine a missiles hitting your Army Base how would you survive the deadly blasts? imagine Bokohoram launching an RPG against your Airforce Helicopter how would you survive that ? War is a suicide on it own, tell me why you run at the sound of broken bottles then imagine yourself in an area where bullets and bombs sound like music and Traffics horn is that not suicide ? look at Biafra and Nigeria army Casualties during the civil war, in millions how many good men do you think was lost in that battle? do you think they were all bad men. In war dealth is inevitable and Suicide, a lot of good men will die just pray there shouldn't be war and if there is war may God help us to conquer it. WAR IS SUICIDE
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by constant1960: 10:07am On Jan 04, 2019
femijay8271:

Where will Dey Land, Boko-haram Den
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by nickxtra(m): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2019
Agritech:
Mi35 that crashed cost at least $36 million.
Was it gunned down by Boko Haram or actually crahsed due to the Pilot's error or due to mechanical or technical fault?
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by obidaddy: 10:15am On Jan 04, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Nigeria has 4 MI-35M gunships and two have been lost in battle meaning we have just two operational Hinds now and every loss of an MI35 is a big loss to the troops on ground because it's the only effective platform the air force has that can provide effective smart fire for troops on the ground , it's the on only platform we have that have night vision fighting capabilities and that was why it was out in the night assisting troops before it was shot down ...Our Alphas can't be scrambled at dark because even in daylight the never hit anything on the ground accurately .. Oga I am a military enthusiast now and take it from me the loss of that Gunship is a big loss to to the troops on the ground ..

Stop wasting your time and knowledge on a novice in defence matters. I am pained we could loss such a useful platform. The Mi 35 are brand new, bought few years ago by president GEJ and yet the Airforce has lost 2 out of 4 to this insurgents. It is a big shame. The armed forces needs new leadership and impetus else i see a full scale mutiny soon.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by jaxxy(m): 10:18am On Jan 04, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Lol... you know nothing about war casualties, go and check the list of Americans war casualties ... it is in Thousands, check the list of american casualties in Afghanistan and not even only americans that are fighting there, there is US,UK Canada and France and they all died in thousands and injured in thousands, and that's just where they are fighting Terrorism, i am not talking about Real war with other nations even though they Won but they still have high casualties in Thousands, too much hollywood movies makes you guy to think Americans are invincible lol, Google is your friend check Americans Casualties in Afghanistan alone and they are not even the only one fighting, Canada, UK, France and other Nato forces too if they were the only one fighting they would have suffered much casualties, it is inevitable.... imagine a missiles hitting your Army Base how would you survive the deadly blasts? imagine Bokohoram launching an RPG against your Airforce Helicopter how would you survive that ? War is a suicide on it own, tell me why you run at the sound of broken bottles then imagine yourself in an area where bullets and bombs sound like music and Traffics horn is that not suicide ? look at Biafra and Nigeria army Casualties during the civil war, in millions how many good men do you think was lost in that battle? do you think they were all bad men. In war dealth is inevitable and Suicide, a lot of good men will die just pray there shouldn't be war and if there is war may God help us to conquer it. WAR IS SUICIDE

The fought in Afghanistan that is real war and off course causality will be high on both sides bt u are fighting in ur own soil and they are killing u like chickens. Can America loose men like this on their own soil? Do u even understand the situation on ground and why we are loosing men?

War shud be calculated even if at all suicidal. Here u sending people to battle with no intelligence and outdated weapons and u say u are fighting war?
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by nickxtra(m): 10:19am On Jan 04, 2019
TOYOON:
Lack of of adequate training must have lead to the crash.

R . I. P to them
I don't think it crashed due to thier fault, but I strongly believe it was gunned down by the Boko Haram terrorists

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by darqly(m): 10:29am On Jan 04, 2019
SalamRushdie:
hmm so sad RIP gentlemen...The loss of that MI35 gunship is a big loss to the fight against terror because it's the only accurate platform the Nigerian airforce has .

The critical thing of note here is that Boko haram now possesses the ability to shoot down low fling aircraft and attack helicopters and this ability will be a big blow to soldiers on the ground who rely on close air support to get the job done .

Is there any confirmation that enemy fire is responsible for the crash?
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:31am On Jan 04, 2019
SalamRushdie:

i did not say it is not a Big loss to the troops but what i don't want you to say is , you predicted that that's is the beginning of more loss for the Army, yeah it was a Big loss and they are capable of overcoming any challenges but you predicted like that was the end of the road for the Nigeria Army and there may not be a way out, which is just very wrong even without air support Nigeria Army can still outsmart these blood suckers.... is bokoharam using any air support ? but still yet they still manage to cause severe damages, Nigerian Army can still massacre them without any fucking Air support. What i go against was how you predicted like that was the end of the road for the Army, comments and analysis like that lower morale and cause fear and even fear itself is a weapon that can get you kill and massacre
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by adonis89(m): 10:35am On Jan 04, 2019
Perowei Jacob, is DAT not an IJAW name m seeing there. Kip dying for Nigeria,while yo ppl kip suffering. Useless black ppl without brains
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by pally123: 11:15am On Jan 04, 2019
femijay8271:
Parachute ke. When it was shot down?
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2019
jaxxy:

The fought in Afghanistan that is real war and off course causality will be high on both sides bt u are fighting in ur own soil and they are killing u like chickens. Can America loose men like this on their own soil? Do u even understand the situation on ground and why we are loosing men?

War shud be calculated even if at all suicidal. Here u sending people to battle with no intelligence and outdated weapons and u say u are fighting war?

War is War whether it is being fight in Afghanistan or anywhere, and i compare bokoharam war with that of Amercian war Afghan because it is both terrorism and the same type of war fare, it is both guerilla warfare, if they got the best weapons in the world they will still die because not everything in the war can be in their control, Imagine a case in Nigeria where a terrorist disguise as a Civilian and infiltrated Nigeria army base it was one of the co-civilians that were present that exposed him before he carry out any attack, same thing use to happens in afghan they will disguise as a police or aid workers or civilians and infiltrated army base, they will leak out information and the army will be attack or the mole will just pick up fire arm and open fire on everyone inside the room, check out the type of tactic they use in afghan google is your friend. This terrorist are cunny, deceitful, and bloody people that are ready to blow themselves up just to kill you, and you are talking about just weapons ? i don't say good weapons is useless but that is not really the only factor. These people are ready to do anything to get you kill even by dieing in the process are Nigeria army ready to do the same? They have no base and they ambush you and attack suddenly, Good weapons is just part of the factor not all of the factor, you are talking about intelligence, how technology advance is Nigeria? and lastly Do Muslim have influence in USA as they do in Nigeria ? even though there is really not much muslim in USA they still suffer several terrorists attack in the past and You can not really compare USA security with Nigeria, They make weapons and they are technogically the best in the world what can Nigeria do ? and is Nigeria even have any technology of its own at all? but despite that fight against terrorism is super difficult and Nigeria can do better but that doesn't mean they are not doing anything at all. Bokoharam have no rules, they don't have a particular base, they don't tell you when they are coming and they lay traps and ambush everywhere and they are willing to do anything to see your heads rolling, but make no mistake the greatest army in the World we still suffer against them
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:58am On Jan 04, 2019
jaxxy:

what type of intelligence do you want to gather about people that don't have a Base ? and they can disguise as any one ? and they got moles in the city the army are fighting and this moles report troops movement ? even if they got any real intelligience against them it would most likely end in a traps because they got moles among civilians, all the roads and the bush is full of IED explosives, you understand it is not that easy to move Troops of battalion without being notice ? it is very hard to get any real intelligience against them due to their structure and when you are sitting around waiting for intelligience they will attack you at your base suddenly with all their RPG and Fire Arms, that's why you heard a lot of news about Army just repelling attacks, how would you attack an enemy you don't know their location and base of operation? they just attack from the bush and they run away back if the troops repel them successfully and if you want to follow them into the bush it may be an ambush, and if you want to search the bush for them it may be a bad idea because the bush would be full of IED and Explosives.It is very complicated and there is no way you won't lose lives but what i want you to know is that it is more than Good Weapons, and Intelligience alone, These Bloody Suckers are also not stupid and they are well trained and they use Tactics and strategies too and they also got bad ass weapons. if the army change weapons and their weapons is not effective they will change their weapons too because they are ready to do anything to see your Heads Rolling. The Nigeria Army are doing their best but they can do more and bokoharam no longer Exists it is now Islamic State of West African Province(ISWAP) Bokoharam has been defeated it is now Islamic state
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Absoj(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2019
shocked parachute in helicopter?
femijay8271:
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by slimfit1(m): 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
SalamRushdie:
hmm so sad RIP gentlemen...The loss of that MI35 gunship is a big loss to the fight against terror because it's the only accurate platform the Nigerian airforce has .

The critical thing of note here is that Boko haram now possesses the ability to shoot down low fling aircraft and attack helicopters and this ability will be a big blow to soldiers on the ground who rely on close air support to get the job done .

Now we tell Russians to give us another one for free or invest our money in weaponizing local drones. The amount we spend in buying these rubbish helicopter
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Xander85: 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2019
jaxxy:
This show how intelligent our military is, u fly a chopper into a war zone without knowing the capabilities of ur enemy and loose great men. Smtn the that cud have been avoided most likely. A war without intelligence.

Maybe they're scared to engage them on the ground man-to-man!
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Xander85: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
Offpoint:

Parachute for helicopter wey Boko boys shot down with anti aircraft machine gun? where you wan parachute go? jump out anyhow you go end for the chopper propeller.

.....or end up being shot out of the sky by a boko marksman!
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by SalamRushdie: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

i did not say it is not a Big loss to the troops but what i don't want you to say is , you predicted that that's is the beginning of more loss for the Army, yeah it was a Big loss and they are capable of overcoming any challenges but you predicted like that was the end of the road for the Nigeria Army and there may not be a way out, which is just very wrong even without air support Nigeria Army can still outsmart these blood suckers.... is bokoharam using any air support ? but still yet they still manage to cause severe damages, Nigerian Army can still massacre them without any fucking Air support. What i go against was how you predicted like that was the end of the road for the Army, comments and analysis like that lower morale and cause fear and even fear itself is a weapon that can get you kill and massacre

I never said it was the end for them oo, I just said it's a big loss at this time even though we have two pending deliveries for two more Mi35s sometime this year
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by femijay8271(m): 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
Joromi12:
from an helicopter haba. As he wan crash do u think dey would able to stand and fly out. Too much movies kill u der

Hahahahahahaha grin grin no vex jare, u know say I never enter one b4
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by femijay8271(m): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
Absoj:
shocked parachute in helicopter?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by femijay8271(m): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2019
pally123:
Parachute ke. When it was shot down?

I no know na!
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by femijay8271(m): 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
constant1960:

Where will Dey Land, Boko-haram Den

Make na no vex
Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by LZAA: 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2019
mctfopt:

People often think that you can parachute from virtually any height from an airplane or helicopter, forgetting that there is a safe height and speed on which one can safely do that. I have this sneaking suspicion that the flight was shot down and not a result of a crash.
U sabi something jor
Boko haram wey dy use anti aircraft since 2012 wey even media dy report
Na now wey dm get enough sabo for military dem no go get anti aircraft

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. by Agritech(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2019
nickxtra:
Was it gunned down by Boko Haram or actually crahsed due to the Pilot's error or due to mechanical or technical fault?

That I don't know. I just hope boko haram don't have the capability to take down that attack helicopter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Scores Of Boko Haram Members Feared Dead In Battle With Troops / Tinubu Told To Withdraw Support For Oshiomhole To Avert APC Collapse / APC Governorship Rallies In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.