Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon (721 Views)

China Lands Its Zhurong Rover On Mars / China Lands Spacecraft On ‘other’ Side Of Moon In World First / NASA Launches Parker Solar Probe For Historic Mission To The Sun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon by erico2k2(m): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
A Chinese lunar rover has landed on the far side of the moon, in a global first that boosts its ambitions to become a space superpower.

The Chang'e-4 probe touched down and sent a photo of the so-called "dark side" of the moon to the Queqiao satellite, which will relay communications to controllers on Earth, state broadcaster CCTV said.

China is pouring billions into its military-run space programme, with hopes of having a crewed space station by 2022, and of eventually sending humans to the moon.

The Chang'e-4 lunar probe mission - named after the moon goddess in Chinese mythology - launched in December from the southwestern Xichang launch centre.

It is the second Chinese probe to land on the moon, following the Yutu (Jade Rabbit) rover mission in 2013.

Unlike the near side of the moon that offers many flat areas to touch down on, the far side is mountainous and rugged.

The moon is "tidally locked" to Earth in its rotation so the same side is always facing Earth.

Chang'e-4 is carrying six experiments from China and four from abroad, including low-frequency radio astronomical studies, which aim to take advantage of the lack of interference on the far side.

The rover will also conduct mineral and radiation tests, the China National Space Administration has said, according to state news agency Xinhua.

Source https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2019/0103/1020062-moon/
Re: China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon by MexManuel(m): 11:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
WoW. Great news.
Re: China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon by MightySparrow: 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
I wish i was a chinese
Re: China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon by erico2k2(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2019
MightySparrow:
I wish i was a chinese
Ahah now that is funny
Re: China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon by MightySparrow: 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2019
erico2k2:

Ahah now that is funny
Funny? Mention one contribution of black race to humanity besides slave trade; black race is a useless race. Google Benjamin Netanyahu speech on black and arabs and see what I mean. The natural disaster of black race is that leaders with crippled minds have been leading black race. any hope in view? I don't think so.
Re: China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon by Feraz(m): 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
Good one for mankind.

Just to think some years ago, some Nigerians criticized Chinese products and they still do till now, being ignorant of the fact that China is taking the lead in many endeavours while we still depend on them to build our infrastructures. I what would have happened and where we will be if our presidents and head of states invested in the people.
Re: China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon by erico2k2(m): 7:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
MightySparrow:
Funny? Mention one contribution of black race to humanity besides slave trade; black race is a useless race. Google Benjamin Netanyahu speech on black and arabs and see what I mean. The natural disaster of black race is that leaders with crippled minds have been leading black race. any hope in view? I don't think so.
This is the reason you should do a proper research b4 embarassing yourself on line, you are talking of what your knowledge is limited to.
Read about your so called CCTV you see today was invented by a black lady by name Marie Ban Brittan Brown. others are listed bellow

1Mary Seacole
2Dr Shelly Thompson
3 Dr Shirley Jackson
4 Lewis Latimer
5 Otis Boykin (Pace maker)
6 Lonnie G. Johnson(Water gun)
I can go on and on, but statements like yours above are massively ignorant and represnts the gross decay of our society as Nigerians! Be proud of ur race!
Re: China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon by kachi19: 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2019
虽然我的国家不能做什么
Re: China Lands Historic Probe On Far Side Of Moon by Feraz(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2019
erico2k2:

This is the reason you should do a proper research b4 embarassing yourself on line, you are talking of what your knowledge is limited to.
Read about your so called CCTV you see today was invented by a black lady by name Marie Ban Brittan Brown. others are listed bellow

1Mary Seacole
2Dr Shelly Thompson
3 Dr Shirley Jackson
4 Lewis Latimer
5 Otis Boykin (Pace maker)
6 Lonnie G. Johnson(Water gun)
I can go on and on, but statements like yours above are massively ignorant and represnts the gross decay of our society as Nigerians! Be proud of ur race!
You forgot the ladies that were talked about in hidden figures movie

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix Netgear Nighthawk Router Not Connecting To The Internet? / See The Virtual Reality Controller That I Designed / I Need Advice On Solar Installation For My Home Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.