Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Jurgen Klopp Slams Kompany Tackle - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jurgen Klopp Slams Kompany Tackle (254 Views)

Liverpool Boss Klopp Slams Chelsea Spending / Footballers With Degrees: Kompany, Mata & 10 Players Who Went To University / Vincent Kompany Leaves Man City After 11 Years To Join Anderlecht (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jurgen Klopp Slams Kompany Tackle by faithdinno: 1:12am On Jan 04, 2019
[img]https://4.bp..com/-yzT0lHHpY24/XC6kJngo2-I/AAAAAAAACLU/CpxrJL0nV-4d7D5xqjnK67amS-ZZ17zGQCLcBGAs/s320/sportjyst-Manchester-City-vs-Liverpool-Jurgen-Klopp-asks-how-on-earth-Vincent-Kompany-was-not-sent-off.jpg[/img]
Jurgen Klopp blasted the decision that saw Vincent Kompany stay on the pitch following a lunge on Mohamed Salah as Manchester City beat Liverpool 2-1.

The crucial match was settled by a Leroy Sane winner after a Roberto Firmino goal cancelled out Sergio Aguero's opener.
But Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was irritated after referee Anthony Taylor allowed Kompany to stay on the pitch despite his studs-up challenge on Salah:

"I really like Vincent Kompany but how on Earth is that not a red card?" said Klopp.

" He is last man and he goes in. If he hits Mo [Salah] more he is out for the season. It is not easy for the ref and he may not see it how I see it."
"Our expectations are high. We can play better. On the other side it was an intense game. You have to take the game how it is. You can't always dominate it. With a bit more luck we could have got 2-2, which would be perfect for us."

Klopp also remained calm about the result, despite City closing to within four points of them at the top of the table.

"It was not our or City's best game because we both made it difficult for the other team," he continued. "I have already said to the boys this is OK. We lost it but it will happen. Tonight it is not nice but it is not the biggest problem."
Kompany said the performance was more important than closing the gap to four points. "I'm not worried about the result I'm buzzing with the tremendous performance," he told Sky.

And he also defended challenge on Salah, adding: "I thought it was a great challenge, was it not? I got the ball, a little bit of the man but it wasn't naughty. I didn't try to injure him. It was that or let him go through on goal."
source:http://sportjyst..com/

(1) (Reply)

H2H Soccer Statistics 18.01.2019 / Free Games 100% Win / Hopeless Arsenal Supporters Receives Paper's Hope...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.