Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World (20270 Views)

Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker / TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers / Average Price Of Smartphone In Nigeria Drops To $95 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
me APPLE IPHONE NONONO
i prefer VIVO and SAMSUNG S8+

1 Like

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Omololu001: 8:04am On Jan 04, 2019
I don't see anything special in I phones, I'm planning on getting the Huawei p30 pro when it is release

2 Likes

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by TheSpellChecker: 8:05am On Jan 04, 2019
R2bees:
FINALLY THE WHOLE APPLE HAS BEEN EATING.. NOT JUST A BITE.. LOL

Eaten not eating, okay?

2 Likes

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Silvermoney: 8:12am On Jan 04, 2019
samlake:
The financial market world wide felt the impact...But as a forex trader that is sound, i was able to see it ahead...check my signature to learn more on forex trading

They're talking Apple(s) and you're talking oranges.

By the way, do you earn a living from actual forex trading or really from peddling "forex training" to gullible people?
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by bigiyaro(m): 8:12am On Jan 04, 2019
sexiestharam:
I forsee the gradual end of tech giants like Apple and Facebook. Nothing lasts forever particularly when your product lacks any real innovation and your competitors are far more innovative than you are.
nothing lasts forever? ask Coca-Cola.
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Timi1990(m): 8:14am On Jan 04, 2019
Trump is just doing too much with all his I love America policy . From Mexico wall, immigration, judicial law, power tussle with congress , Middle East crisis and finally trade war with China I doubt if this man will go for second term .
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by jetz(m): 8:16am On Jan 04, 2019
Mark my words Apple will soon become like BB, valueless

3 Likes

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Dollabiz: 8:16am On Jan 04, 2019
smiley
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by drjprince: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2019
You are making sense by the way I am disappointed at Apple years to come I dont know what will become of them
WaffenSS:

You were able to foresee that China was going to ban a few iPhone models, and promote homegrown Huawei, all as a forex trader and not as a stock analyst?

I also wonder how the worldwide financial market would feel the shock of a drop in valuation of a mere 57 billion dollars, which is a very tiny drop in the ocean compared to the worth of the global market.

Just say you're plugging your forex scam.

1 Like

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by sexiestharam(f): 8:24am On Jan 04, 2019
bigiyaro:
nothing lasts forever? ask Coca-Cola.
Nothing in TECH lasts forever
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Kamxin(m): 8:28am On Jan 04, 2019
sexiestharam:
I forsee the gradual end of tech giants like Apple and Facebook. Nothing lasts forever particularly when your product lacks any real innovation and your competitors are far more innovative than you are.

My dear, there is no company more innovative like Apple, Facebook and likes. They can be be beaten like microsoft on phone market, but their other products and grip on those market are timeless.

I saw people mentionimg china, china is one of the countries that doest not understand innovation and so have no tech company with a name in the world market apart from the trash they bring to Africa and third world countries.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by KingLennon(m): 8:32am On Jan 04, 2019
omonnakoda:
What has overpricing got to do with this?

Do you understand what is going on ?
Even someone who has never handled any apple product is quoting me....WTF!
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Maxitona00: 8:33am On Jan 04, 2019
Na to dey watch and see wetin go happen in years to come..my only issue is why is it so expensive na at least other phone brand has cheap, affordable and expensive ones...

Also the way iPhone users carry the phone sef dey baffle me(may because I don't have such money to buy it too but again...why so expensive)

And the hawei or what how good is it in terms of quality...I have always been a fan of China as an innovative nation but most of the product claim to be of a lower quality
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 04, 2019
time to short apple stocks grin
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Kamxin(m): 8:36am On Jan 04, 2019
drjprince:
You are making sense by the way I am disappointed at Apple years to come I dont know what will become of them

There is no sense there, Apple is the biggest tech company in china and one of the biggest employer of labour in china, china value apple more than the US, they were the first trillion dollar company because of china, so china is their backbone and Apple is the Face of china.

Any thing that would apoil that market is blown away with the full force of china interest.
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Dirkcoyt: 8:37am On Jan 04, 2019
Kamxin:

My dear, there is no company more innovative like Apple, Facebook and likes. They can be be beaten like microsoft on phone market, but their other products and grip on those market are timeless.

I saw people mentionimg china, china is one of the countries that doest not understand innovation and so have no tech company with a name in the world market apart from the trash they bring to Africa and third world countries.

Dude relax, just say what you know!

Most of the telecom companies in the world use a product from huawei! From your network mast to modems for browsing to phone! This are all china products!

Dude google is not even relevant in China! No one cares about whatsapp or Facebook in China! They have a population and they built something homegrown for the population reason they can’t be sanctioned cause the world need them more!

Baba talk what you know.

13 Likes

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Olugbenga1234: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2019
Pocophone > IPhone X
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by ollah2: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2019
Op is a terrible blogger and those that commented didn't bother asking about the top three companies. Here is the list anyways

Microsoft
Amazon
Google
Apple.

Ok bye
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:43am On Jan 04, 2019
Flexherbal:
They have business experts, they know what to do about it.
Didn't Nokia have experts too?

3 Likes

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Kamxin(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2019
Dirkcoyt:

Dude relax, just say what you know!

Most of the telecom companies in the world use a product from huawei! From your network mast to modems for browsing to phone! This are all china products!

Dude google is not even relevant in China! No one cares about whatsapp or Facebook in China! They have a population and they built something homegrown for the population reason they can’t be sanctioned cause the world need them more!

Baba talk what you know.

Huawei the one banned by US the other day, please mention another company.

Any chinese company is an equivalent of NNPC in Nigeria, they have no investor apart from what the country gives it.

Viewed always with suspicion and they are masters of copycating and "cutting corners".

China censored the likes of facebook and whatsapp, let them open the market any you will see how Wechat, weibo and QQ would cripple in six months.

1 Like

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by WaffenSS(m): 8:52am On Jan 04, 2019
drjprince:

Apple is a bit like Tesla in that the company is virtually inseparable from its founder/CEO. Both the late Steve Jobs and Elon Musk are visionaries on whose visions and personalities the companies became popular.

Unfortunately Tim Cook, the current Apple CEO, is an operations guy and not a products or technology guy.

The only products he's introduced are the Apple Watch and the Homepod; both are me-too devices in an existing product category. Apple watch is good, but that's largely because the competition is mostly rubbish. Homepod is not better than Amazon Echo and Google Home except perhaps in sound since Siri sucks huge blue balls

Apple's innovative spirit died with its founder.
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by uwelaa(m): 8:54am On Jan 04, 2019
Good morning Good peopl! pls am am seriously looking for a job. either as a chef or cook but I prefer baker, this mean that if any vacancy is available in any of the above mention profession pls call my number 07082221857. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by youngbest(m): 8:55am On Jan 04, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

I bet Steve Jobs (God bless his soul) wouldn't allow this unacceptable overpricing.

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/apple-loses-57-billion-dollars.html

You lost the bet, Steve jobs wrote the book on over pricing things using branding.
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2019
And Nairaland pushed a post claiming bitcoin was the worst asset in 2018, APPL (Apple) stocks lost -49% in just 6 months! So if you invested 1m naira, your money is now worth barely half a million grin. Facebook shares nkọ grin? There is no quick way to riches, if you're not prepared to educate yourself and loose some money along the way in life you will remain poor sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Kamxin(m): 9:00am On Jan 04, 2019
Maxitona00:
Na to dey watch and see wetin go happen in years to come..my only issue is why is it so expensive na at least other phone brand has cheap, affordable and expensive ones...

Also the way iPhone users carry the phone sef dey baffle me(may because I don't have such money to buy it too but again...why so expensive)

And the hawei or what how good is it in terms of quality...I have always been a fan of China as an innovative nation but most of the product claim to be of a lower quality

My dear, Huawei is trash like techno and Itel. China copycat the real deal and make them cheap.

Like Iphone like samsung, the technologies employed by those phones are expensive, because they pay different companies for those technologies and those companies keep on paying heavily on innovating something better or they lose the market with no chance of getting any better market.

It might be hard to get to the top, but to remain at the top is harder. Blackberry is not like Apple, mocrosoft or samsung, so the the difference is more within than without.
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 04, 2019
Kamxin:

Huawei the one banned by US the other day, please mention another company.

Any chinese company is an equivalent of NNPC in Nigeria, they have no investor apart from what the country gives it.

Viewed always with suspicion and they are masters of copycating and "cutting corners".

China censored the likes of facebook and whatsapp, let them open the market any you will see how Wechat, weibo and QQ would cripple in six months.

What is this one saying self . Do you know that huawei is the second largest phone brand after Samsung. All these iPhone fan boys angry

7 Likes

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Pat4321: 9:03am On Jan 04, 2019
It is just the beginning
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by fordunit(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2019
ollah2:
Op is a terrible blogger and those that commented didn't bother asking about the top three companies. Here is the list anyways

Microsoft
Amazon
Google
Apple.

Ok bye

I see Google (Alphabet) making its way to number 1 on the list because almost everything they have developed is given to the world for free or almost free yet they have remained in top 5. Nature has a way of rewarding excellence and magnanimity.

1 Like

Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by fordunit(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2019
ollah2:

Microsoft
Amazon
Google
Apple.

Ok bye

I see Google (Alphabet) making its way to number 1 on the list because almost everything they have developed is given to the world for free or almost free yet they have remained in top 5. Nature has a way of rewarding excellence and magnanimity.
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by Kamxin(m): 9:16am On Jan 04, 2019
kemicalreaction:
What is this one saying self . Do you know that huawei is the second largest phone brand after Samsung. All this iPhone fan boys angry

Brand by sale or by Chinese money pumped into it.

The one banned by the US and allies. If your product is substandard it will not be allowed into US and that is exactly what Huawei represent.

Huawei in the same sentence with Iphone and samsung. SMH.

You can also put facebook on the same line with Wechat.

Let me put you to bed,
Two days ago, this happened:
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/chinas-huawei-tweets-happy-new-year-2019-wish-using-iphone-two-employees-demoted-1972454?amp=1&akamai-rum=off
Re: Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World by ollah2: 9:16am On Jan 04, 2019
fordunit:

Google isn't entirely giving you free things, you need to learn more about how they operate

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 / Samsung Will Earn More On The Iphone X Than On The Galaxy S8 / Infinix Hot S3X Unboxing & First Impressions - To Notch Or Not To Notch(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.