Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner (4061 Views)

Zakari Mijinyawa Confirms Escape Of Nadeem Anjarwalla, Binance Executive / 70 CSOs Reject Lauretta Onochie’s Appointment As INEC Commissioner / Farooq Kperogi: "Amina Zakari Is Lying About Her Relationship With Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by shachris02: 11:15am On Jan 04, 2019
Mrs Amina is Buhari's sister step daughter....in extension Buhari's niece.

The commission stated this in a publication made available to newsmen by Mohammed Haruna, INEC National Commissioner and member of Information, Voter Education and Publicity Committee, on Friday in Abuja.

Haruna in the publication titled: “INEC In The Last Three Years” said that since INEC’s last governorship election in Osun on Sep. 22, the entire commission had come under attack from several quarters, including media organisations, as being deficient.

He said that since 2015, INEC had conducted about 195 odd elections, including seven off-season governorship elections, a dozen senatorial and two dozen federal constituency elections and scores of State Assembly and Federal Capital Territory Area Council (FCT) elections.

He added that out of these 195 odd elections only a handful had been successfully challenged in courts and in none of them did the courts order wholesale re-runs.

Haruna also cited media report where the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governors’ Forum issued a statement in which it passed a vote of no confidence in the commission.

He said that the governors also accused INEC of conducting itself as a tool of the APC-led Federal Government, especially with the roles of the Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, and a National Commissioner, Mrs Amina Zakari.”

Haruna said that the newspaper raised the public concern on the appointments of Yakubu as INEC chair and Zakari, which it stated violated a “tradition” of presidents appointing persons from regions other than theirs as chairmen of INEC.

Haruna explained that since independence in 1960 the Commission has had 12 chairmen, seven of them appointed by the military leaders between 1976 and 1999.

“All seven military-appointed chairmen were Southerners. All the military leaders, except General Olusegun Obasanjo as military leader between 1976 and 1979, were Northerners.’’

He said that it would then seem that the popular notion articulated by the newspaper of INEC’s chair coming from a region other than that of the serving president is correct. “In reality it is not.

“It is 23 years between 1976 and 1999 which, in certain contexts, is a long time. It is, however, debatable that a 23-year practice, being just about a generation, is long enough to be considered a tradition in the true sense of the word.

“But even if it is, it was military tradition and the appointment of Prof. Yakubu as INEC Chairman was not the first to break with that “tradition.

“What broke with it was the appointment in 2000 of Dr Abel Goubadia, a Southerner, as INEC’s Chairman by President Olusegun Obasanjo, a fellow Southerner, followed by that of Professor Maurice Iwu, another Southerner, by the same president in 2005.

“Indeed, as military head of state back in the late seventies, Obasanjo appointed a fellow Southerner, Chief Michael Ani, as the chair of the Commission which conducted the 1979 election that ushered in the Second Republic.’’

Haruna added that a president’s power to appoint members of the Commission was not absolute; it was subject to approval by the Senate.

He also explained that contrary to widespread belief, Zakari was not a blood relation of President Buhari. Her mother was from Daura, alright, but she was not Buhari’s sister.

“It is also true that Buhari’s sister was once married to Mrs Zakari’s father. But this was over 60 years ago before Mrs Zakari was born. Besides, the marriage was short-lived and did not produce a child.’’

Haruna said that nepotism and geographical origin in the composition of INEC’s membership, as in the composition of any other organ, should, of course, be of public concern.

“However, what should be of far greater concern is the character, diligence and competence of the members, not whose relations they are or where they come from.

He said that in spite of challenges facing INEC, the commission was ready to deliver more credible elections in 2019 than it did in 2015.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/it-is-wrong-to-accuse-inec-of-partisanship-national-commissioner/z5ybevv

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by babyfaceafrica: 11:33am On Jan 04, 2019
why is there too many fuzz about this zakari?..what will be will be!!
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by shachris02: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

Buhari appointed his sisters step daughter to head a commission as sensitive as INEC and you think that should be okay?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Stalwert: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2019
lying liar changed the name of the article which even contradicts it's contents.

lalasticlala delete this pdp dubai based lies
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by shachris02: 11:42am On Jan 04, 2019
Stalwert:
lying liar changed the name of the article which even contradicts it's contents.

Did you see my quote?

The Inec National commissioner said Amina's father married Buhari's sister....so in essence Amina is her step daughter...Buhari's niece.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by babyfaceafrica: 11:46am On Jan 04, 2019
shachris02:

Buhari appointed his sisters step daughter to head a commission as sensitive as INEC and you think that should be okay?
is it against the law?..will that guarantee he will win?..will zakari rig election in all 36 states of Nigeria?.. we are in a digital era..therefore one woman cannot make a difference abeg..if she is capable..let her do the job abeg..all these things are distractions abeg..let us prepare for Feb 16
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Ziggylady(f): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

The 'too many fuzz about Zakari' is because as the niece of buhari,she cannot carry out her duties in INEC without being biased in favour of her uncle. Buhari/APC

.Therefore such nepotism which doubles as conflict of interest is unacceptable and a recipe for disaster.

2 Likes

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by shachris02: 11:47am On Jan 04, 2019
Stalwert:

“It is also true that Buhari’s sister was once married to Mrs Zakari’s father. But this was over 60 years ago before Mrs Zakari was born. Besides, the marriage was short-lived and did not produce a child.’’

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by babyfaceafrica: 11:48am On Jan 04, 2019
Ziggylady:

The 'too many fuzz about Zakari' is because as the niece of buhari,she cannot carry out her duties in INEC without being biased in favour of her uncle. Buhari/APC

.Therefore such nepotism which doubles as conflict of interest is unacceptable and a recipe for disaster.
is it against the law?..if yes..take her to court!!!
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by shachris02: 11:48am On Jan 04, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
is it against the law?..will that guarantee he will win?..will zakari rig election in all 36 states of Nigeria?.. we are in a digital era..therefore one woman cannot make a difference abeg..if she is capable..let her do the job abeg..all these things are distractions abeg..let us prepare for Feb 16

stop sounding naive. Buhari is appointing his family member to be the referee in a contest he's part of and you are asking if it is against the law?

I doubt this would have been your stance had it been Jonathan appointed his family member in same position.

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by babyfaceafrica: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2019
shachris02:

stop sounding naive. Buhari is appointing his family member to be the referee in a contest he's part of and you are asking if it is against the law?

I doubt this would have been your stance had it been Jonathan appointed his family member in same position.
super story ....what is the difference between Jonathan and buhari?......jega conducted election. ..una complain, gej was president ,una complain,bubu was president una still complain...all of you are now shouting atiku,as if anything will change!!!...oga ni matter the umpire who will win will win and no matter the results ,Nigerians will still complain.. am tired of complaining abeg

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Ziggylady(f): 11:52am On Jan 04, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

..No it is not against the law,the Laws says that Nepotism and conflict of interest are allowed..

Expecting you SWners to think rationally and use your brains. is like expecting elephants to fly.

4 Likes

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by babyfaceafrica: 11:54am On Jan 04, 2019
Ziggylady:

..No it is not against the law,the Laws says that Nepotism and conflict of interest are allowed..

Expecting you SWners to think rationally and use your brains. is like expecting elephants to fly.
ok
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by shachris02: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
super story ....what is the difference between Jonathan and buhari?......jega conducted election. ..una complain, gej was president ,una complain,bubu was president una still complain...all of you are now shouting atiku,as if anything will change!!!...oga ni matter the umpire who will win will win and no matter the results ,Nigerians will still complain.. am tired of complaining abeg

I am hoping that one day, you will come back to read all these trash you are writing now....and realize how stupid you were at this stage in your life. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by babyfaceafrica: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2019
shachris02:

I am hoping that one day, you will come back to read all these trash you are writing now....and realize how stupid you were at this stage in your life. cool
k
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by IamJames: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

Do you have anything else to say other than "take her to court"? You know the court has been made irrelevant in this administration and nothing will come out of it so it's very convenient for you to say that.

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by babyfaceafrica: 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
IamJames:

Do you have anything else to say other than "take her to court"? You know the court has been made irrelevant in this administration and nothing will come out of it so it's very convenient for you to say that.
so what do you want to do ,that will make inec change its mind?
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Adebowale89(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ziggylady:

you're always quick to called SW. are they the inec or the woman you're talking about

what's the content of rationale fact you're making? flocking around illusion like a lady that just finished doing abortion

guess you're yet to finish your period?

I trust pmb not to listen to all you people adult cries. pmb is not gej #fact
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Ziggylady(f): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
Adebowale89:

you're always quick to called SW. are they the inec or the woman you're talking about

what's the content of rationale fact you're making? flocking around illusion like a lady that just finished doing abortion

guess you're yet to finish your period?

You must be referring to your mum.

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Adebowale89(m): 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ziggylady:

u must be referring to my mum.

you know I'm referring to you. too much of abortion can diminished one brain easily

you're a case of study. stop taking too much of d!ck you won't listen, now see how you're embarrassing yourself in the face of reality?

always talking off point, na by force to comment on politics thread?
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Ziggylady(f): 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
Adebowale89:

you know I'm referring to my useless olosho mum,that is why i do not know my father.

My ashawo mum is a case study who takes too many dickkks like a dog.

She is always talking off-point like a mad woman,na by force to comment on politics thread?

You are the son of your mum indeed.

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Xisnin(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2019
Amina is Zakari's niece. Those denying this fact are APC supporter.

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by DMerciful(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2019
Nigeria and lack of investigative journalism! What's there to verify who a public official parents are? We are not talking of 6 generations backwards just 1 generation backwards
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Adebowale89(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ziggylady:

stop faulting me, don't you know brainlessness is an hereditary in our family?.

wouldn't have quote u if I knew this? but you can make a different now or you choose to remain like that till eternity?
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Ziggylady(f): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
Adebowale89:

I am a known bastardd and a crook,you should know that most of my people are like that...reason why we are mostly into skull-minning.?

Yes i know.
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Balyz: 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2019
shachris02:
Mrs Amina is Buhari's sister step daughter....in extension Buhari's niece.

You see why I say you and Kanu are right for each other? Mrs Zakari's father was once married to Buhari's sister over 60 years ago and you call that a relationship with Buhari? Shachris you need to join IPOB today

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Adebowale89(m): 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ziggylady:

Yes i know I'm original olosho.

does anyone need to doubt that? that was an obvious fact
Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2019
shachris02:

I'm sure this relationship must be the singular reason why GEJ appointed her to INEC originally.

So as far as your education carried you, the portion you quoted above translates to Amina being Buhari's niece? Which kind of satanic education makes you guys confuse yourselves like this?

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by shachris02: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2019
Balyz:
You see why I say you and Kanu are right for each other? Mrs Zakari's father was once married to Buhari's sister over 60 years ago and you call that a relationship with Buhari? Shachris you need to join IPOB today

No is a relationship with your father.

uchu.

APC zombies just so dumb.

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
shachris02:

No is a relationship with your father.

uchu.

APC zombies just so dumb.

You're actually the dumb one. what's the relationship between Amina's mother and Buhari that makes you call her his niece?

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by Ziggylady(f): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
Adebowale89:

does anyone need to doubt that my mum is a slut,therefore i am a son of an olisho..? that was an obvious fact

I know

1 Like

Re: Amina Zakari Is Buhari's Niece - INEC Commissioner by shachris02: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

I'm sure this relationship must be the singular reason why GEJ appointed her to INEC originally.

So as far as your education carried you, the portion you quoted above translates to Amina being Buhari's niece? Which kind of satanic education makes you guys confuse yourselves like this?

let try your intelligence.

if Amina is Buhari's sister step daughter.....what is she to Buhari?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TVC station currently On Fire / 2023: “I Will Start Supporting Tinubu” – Fayose / Photo Speaks: I Am Happy To Meet You Mr President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.