Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,210 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

GTBANK'S International Fraudulent Transaction - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / GTBANK'S International Fraudulent Transaction (665 Views)

Customer Changed It For Bank Staff After A Fraudulent Transaction On His Account / UNIPORT Criminology Graduate Caught Stealing In GTBank In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Armed Robbers Attack Gtbank In Surulere, Lagos In Broad Daylight, Shoot Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GTBANK'S International Fraudulent Transaction by GambaOsaka: 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
Dear all,

Yesterday, I got the following message from gens@gtbank.com;

The following transaction has been approved on your card

Card Number : *********************
Account Number : *************
Transaction Location : Amazon Prime Amzn.com/billWAUS
Amount : USD6.49
Date : Jan 3 2019 9:09PM
Document Number : 430228

As I didn't carry out such transaction, I quickly transferred all my balance.

I immediately sent an email to the fraud unit as stated on their site but didn't get a response.

I tried to hotlist the card using the mobile app, it didn't work.

I tried to connect to a customer care agent, I waited for almost an hour until I got one. At first, she claimed that the money hasn't been approved for debit. Later she asked of I had done anything on Amazon in recent times.

Last June (About 6 months ago) , I tried to buy an item worth about 13$ on Amazon, after inserting my card details including the Security, the transaction was unsuccessful.

The customer care said I should make contact with Amazon for the fraud committed on my card.

Please tech gurus in the house, how did this happen?
Could it be that my card details were stolen from the Amazon site in June?

Please bear in mind that there's no possiblity of someone seeing my card as I am out of the country and have not used the card since June. Though I often carry out transactions using the mobile app.

Cc: Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: GTBANK'S International Fraudulent Transaction by kelvine(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
druts.com debited me for almost a year for a domain a bought out of ignorance.

Every month I got a debit and sought to stop it but no result until I blocked the card after private chat with GTB on Twitter.

Go to the bank and block your GTB ATM or chat with them on Twitter
Re: GTBANK'S International Fraudulent Transaction by Roushy(m): 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
I am sure you must have gotten a response as you posted this long time ago.

The Amazon prime subscription is free initially but there's an annual deduction. So if you had opted for Amazon prime in your first transactions, that fee would be deducted from your account annually.
You can request to opt out and it would be refunded.

GambaOsaka:
Dear all,

Yesterday, I got the following message from gens@gtbank.com;

The following transaction has been approved on your card

Card Number : *********************
Account Number : *************
Transaction Location : Amazon Prime Amzn.com/billWAUS
Amount : USD6.49
Date : Jan 3 2019 9:09PM
Document Number : 430228

As I didn't carry out such transaction, I quickly transferred all my balance.

I immediately sent an email to the fraud unit as stated on their site but didn't get a response.

I tried to hotlist the card using the mobile app, it didn't work.

I tried to connect to a customer care agent, I waited for almost an hour until I got one. At first, she claimed that the money hasn't been approved for debit. Later she asked of I had done anything on Amazon in recent times.

Last June (About 6 months ago) , I tried to buy an item worth about 13$ on Amazon, after inserting my card details including the Security, the transaction was unsuccessful.

The customer care said I should make contact with Amazon for the fraud committed on my card.

Please tech gurus in the house, how did this happen?
Could it be that my card details were stolen from the Amazon site in June?

Please bear in mind that there's no possiblity of someone seeing my card as I am out of the country and have not used the card since June. Though I often carry out transactions using the mobile app.

Cc: Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

(1) (Reply)

Young Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Mum Over Charm Inheritance / Two boys resist arrest as one of them strip unclad and fight police in Benin / Madonna University: NANS Leadership champions #FreeNnamani With Shocking Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.