Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 (25368 Views)

Habits That You Need To Stop In 2019 / 5 New Year Resolutions You Can Easily Keep / What Are Your New Year Resolutions For 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by 24hoursreporter: 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
It is a normal thing for people in this part of the world to make series of new year resolutions. In fact, the inspiring resolutions people make every January are always heartwarming.

If everybody were to keep their new year resolutions, the world would have been a better place. Sadly, about 90 percent of new year resolutions are never kept. People will make different inspiring resolutions in December 31st and go back to their normal lifestyle by January 5th. Funny yeah? But this is the reality.

In this article, we have presented to you 11 new year resolutions most Nigerians will never keep. We don’t mean to sound negative, but new year resolutions have become a recurring decimal over time.

It baffles me when people promise never to take alcohol again in 2019. You know why? This was the same resolution they made in 2018 and the year before.

11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019

#1. No More Drinking

One of the new year resolutions most Nigerians will never keep in 2019 is “No more drinking”. This is arguably the most common new year resolutions. Guess what? Most people never keep.

The same person that vowed never to drink alcohol again on the 31st of December will start drinking before January 5th.

#2. No More Sex Before Marriage

Ladies in the house say “Hello”. This is one of the resolutions ladies normally make on 31 night. Sadly, it is easy to say it, but implementing can be very difficult.

Even if the lady were serious about it, trust me her “yoruba demon” of a guy will always talk her into it. Remember, some guys understand their lady’s “mumu button” like Hp laptop. They know the right words to say and how to find their way back to the cookie jar. Chaii! Guys are bad oo.

#3. No More Gambling

Some people are so addicted to gambling. In fact, telling these people to stop gambling is like asking Satan to accept Jesus Christ.

They can unconsciously say no more gambling in 2019, but they don’t mean it. In fact, the next few hours after the resolution, they will start looking for good prediction websites. “Gamblers I hail una o”

#4. Stop Wasting Money

Ordinarily, there are people who spend money a lot. They always do Friday hangouts with their friends, meet up with new ladies and sometimes go to the brothel to unleash their unbridled libido.

You obviously don’t need a soothsayer to know that the money spent on brothel or Friday hangouts could have been used for something better. But people that are used to this lifestyle, may find it very difficult to stop it.

Even if their new year resolution is to stop wasting money in 2019, their hangout crew will always encourage him to come around. You know the game of hangout, you will always spend.

#5. Stop Partying or Going To Club

No more partying or clubbing is among the new year resolutions most Nigerians Will never keep in 2019. Going to party or club can make you learn some bad habits. Staying away from it, is better to live a responsible life.

However, most people often make resolution to stop partying but they end up going again. They are fond of using the statement “this is the last party I will attend”. Guess what? it is never the last.

#6. I Will Not Womanize Again

This is a new year resolution of a typical “Yoruba demon”. He will promise to turn a new leave and never to go back to his promiscuous lifestyle again. But most times, it is almost impossible.

According to research, it is impossible to change a particular bad habit, when you still have the same circle of friends. So, if you really want to stop womanizing as declared in your new year resolution, start by changing your friend circle.

#7. Become Independent

Every December, ladies will always vow to become independent. In fact, they will make it sound as if they don’t need any man’s money in their life. Oops! “If I hear say dem do am”.

Before January 5th, they will start sending you message demanding for New year gift or recharge card. “Kai who slap me”.

#8. I Must Leave My Partner In January

This is also one of the new year resolutions most Nigerians will never keep. We all know when we are dating someone who isn’t good enough for us. But for some reasons, we keep deceiving ourselves, they he or she will change one day.

The truth is that nobody ever changes. A snake is always a snake even if the skin changes. I am pretty sure that some of you reading this article now vowed to leave your guy or girlfriend in this January. But you didn’t have the courage to do it. I understand that feeling.

#9. Stop Gossiping

Gossip is fast becoming a norm in the country. With several gossip columnist in Nigeria, we see different information on social media. So, if stopping gossip is your new year resolution, it will be a bit difficult for you, especially if you are the type that update everything around you on social media.

#10. Get Married

Getting married is one of the most popular new year resolutions. But do you know that it takes two willing heart for marriage to happen? It is not just about making the decision to marry, but you must look for someone who shares the same marriage vision with you.

#11. Stop Quarreling Unnecessarily

Some people may say they don’t want to quarrel again in 2019, but they end up quarreling on New year day.

Source:http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/04/11-new-year-resolutions-most-nigerians-will-never-keep-in-2019/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by 24hoursreporter: 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2019
Must Read!!! 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Girls ===> http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/01/7-mind-blowing-but-controversial-facts-about-birds/

1 Like

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by davecris(m): 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2019
I am guilty of 1,2, 4 and 5. Easier said than done lol.
Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by saintjimos(m): 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2019
THIS ONE CHOKE ME
Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Kidaholic(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2019
Lwkm! one of my Paddy said those things last 2 years grin Easy to say sha!
Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by newproject(m): 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
grin grin
Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by KiZiie(m): 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
No 5 was like the easiest decision I made in my life.

5 Likes

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
Brilliant write. All you said are true

2 Likes

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Enoch07: 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2019
No mind them

1 Like

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by banjeezay(m): 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2019
Most of us are guilty of ths. Las Las na we dey rush all d tins wey o.p list grin
Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Samirana360(m): 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
12. most of them will still vote for d dullard.... They will never learn

Rip Nigeria if buhari win again

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by sapeleboi(m): 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
something must kill a man

1 Like

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Deicide: 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
Stoping Tribalism
Mods pushing useless topic to fp tongue

1 Like

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by fasho01(m): 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
I must do number 10 this year whether my village people like it or not

4 Likes

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by remi4ever(m): 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
I do not womanize, sadly most girls think i am nice..

If you know you know.

4 Likes

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
Lol cheesy.
So TRUE!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Galaticos444: 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2019
Must become a millionaire,buy my first car, or must get a job

1 Like

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Dandsome: 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2019
Not to re-elect BuBu

2 Likes

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by fishmillan: 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
Guilty as Bleep
Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Iphone5: 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
If you know do am again, who go come do am
Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Thebwoy: 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2019
12. Going to church early 

2 Likes

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2019
I wanna get married
Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by innocent99: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2019
I actually kept number 3 last year and am still keeping it.

1 Like

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2019
As I type, many people has failed some or all of their new year resolutions.

1 Like

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Saintabdul(m): 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2019
The first one to break is no more visiting www.xvideos.com

2 Likes

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by enemyofprogress: 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2019
*2019 RESOLUTIONS*

1. Drinking - *DELETED* ✅
2. Anger - *DELETED* ✅
3. Hate - *DELETED*✅

4. Pride- *DELETED* ✅

5. Sex - *DELETING FAILED* �file is protected** System file can't be deleted..If you try again , you'll run mad.....I yaf left it o��

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by Welcum: 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2019
Funny!
Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by netflicks(m): 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2019
Op it's called G- spot not "mumu button" cheesy

1 Like

Re: 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 by bedspread: 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2019
Only Accept JESUS CHRIST Genuiely Will take a man or woman off sin!

Resolution is a Joke..

Some years ago I was involved in this bet Stuff. Tho I was not so much in it but with time I saw it was creeping into me...
I Really wanted to stop it. I tried all I did but I saw myself going back to it.

Until I Conciously called on JESUS CHRIST to kill it in me...
JESUS Answered my prayers and it took it totally off me...Ever since I traveled out I saw that My Spirit man Now hates anything betting...

Betting is Demonic and Only JESUS can Deliver one from that

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby / Lone Accident As Truck Two Rear Tyre Pulls Out Of Its Body At Anthony, Lagos / Helpless Blind And Deaf Man In Enugu Rendered Help By Nigerians (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.