Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume (16520 Views)

7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike / How IGP, Marwa Met, Agreed On Abba Kyari’s Arrest / 2023: Tinubu, Buhari Agreed On Power Shift To South West - Tunde Balogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by PoliticsNigeria: 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
@POLITICSNGR

Members of the 8th Senate have agreed to put aside their differences and work in harmony for the progress of Nigeria, former Majority Leader, Sen. Ali Ndume, (APC-Borno South), has said.

Ndume spoke with State House correspondents after leading the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate for Taraba, Sani Danladi, to a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday at the Presidential Villa.

He said that Nigerians had been supportive of the National Assembly and expected so much from it but regretted that leadership crisis made the 8thSenate to perform below the expectations of Nigerians.

“The legislative arm which is supposed to be interdependent was more or less independent and extensively antagonistic; and to some extent, you can say the leadership has been sabotaging the activities of the executive instead of cooperating with the executive to deliver the services Nigerians are expecting from us.

“I am accusing specifically, the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, not the leadership so to say; as I have said several times, we elected the Senate leader who turned out to be Senators’ President.

“We have a leftover time of six months and we have agreed on cease fire including the Senate President himself; that we put the interest of Nigerians first.

“That was why when we resumed, we have been able to pass certain outstanding bills and we have agreed to work together; the interest of the nation first before party’s interest or any other individual’s interest.

“ Any breach in that agreement that we have, will also send us back to our trenches.’’

On the 2019 budget proposal, Ndume said that timely passage of the budget was important as it was one of the agreements the senators had.

According to him, the budget belongs to Nigerians and Nigerians are expecting that the budget be passed as quickly as possible so that the content of the budget will be delivered to Nigerians.

He said that anybody that tried to stand on the way of the budget would be seen as a saboteur to Nigerians.

Ndume said that APC senators were fully in support of the budget because they had input in it.

“It is a budget of continuity; it is a realistic budget.

“So we are not expecting any hiccup but as usual, the normal dragging will continue but we will resist it and make sure that we are sent to the National Assembly, that is to work for Nigerians comes first before any other interest.’’

On the hue and cry over the appointment of Amina Zakari as head of its collation centre for the forthcoming presidential election, Ndume, said that her relationship with Buhari had nothing to do with her assigned role.

He chided the opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) saying the party had resorted to what he described as CCC.

“PDP is now is concentrating on what I call the CCC instead of doing what is the right thing.

`They are concentrating on complaining, criticising and contradicting themselves instead of campaigning.

“We in the APC; we said it initially and we even have a manual of campaign and that is to discuss issues, ideals, integrity and things that will move this country forward but as usual is the main opponent now; that is what makes it easy for APC.

“PDP ruled this country for 16 years; instead of giving Nigerians democracy; they were practicing Kleptocracy; and after Nigerians tasted three years of democracy now, they are struggling to take us back to the period of their kleptocractic governance and Nigerians will not accept that.

“This election is going to be the choice of Nigerians; to choose either to go back to the government of Kleptocracy or continue with government of democracy,’’ he said.

He told the correspondents that he had been appointed the Director-General, Campaign, in the Presidential Campaign Council of the APC for the North-East.

The senator said that with the candidacy of Danladi, a tasted and trusted candidate, APC would reclaim Taraba.

He also expressed optimism that APC would also reclaim Gombe State in 2019 as the party accidentally lost the two states in the North-East in 2015.

https://politicsngr.com/senate-crisis-agreed-cease-fire-ndume/

6 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by PStacks(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2019

Cease Fire is not Good For we d masses oooo!

When they are united they loot more.

More Budget padding.

E better make dem continue fight oo abeg

9 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by visijo(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
Some of you have been single for too long, the only time you hear the word "boo" is when u fart..may your story change in 2019
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by cnnamoko(m): 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2019
Reboot your business this year. Do more in less time with Excel Templates and Business Software in Account, Inventory Mgt., CRM, HRM, SCHOOL PORTALS.

Check my Awesome Signature cool
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hmm. After ceasefire they should b taken for rehabilitation. They ain't normal

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by ashantitope: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
FTC first time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Jonadull: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2019
ashantitope:
FTC first time
Wake up . It’s morning cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by jaems: 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
This is too late. They have spent the entire tenure being irresponsible; I bet we will not see anything different.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by crownwealth: 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
Cows!

I can confirm APC & Buhari are failure.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by gift2xl: 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2019
NO CONTINUE DON'T STOP.
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2019
The fight should start now.
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Morbeta11(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2019
In nutshell... Saraki is political Jackie Chan .

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by NaijaMutant(f): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2019
Saraki is the real MVP grin

Baddest politician ever liveth grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Bossontop(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Heheheheheh!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by RichFoundation(m): 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2019
W
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2019
He was asked what he thinks about the appointment of Amina Zakari to chair the collation centre...

He jumped off to instead talk of how Nigerians are resisting kleptocracy.

So the Nigerian people appointed Zakari to chair the collation centre.

So btw APC and PDP, who has given Nigerians better democracy?

My happiness is that sane Nigerians have seen how APC has thrown all pretense out of the window because of their hungry for power.

Like Machiavellians they are, they want to get the job done not minding how they do it. ( The end justifies the means).

Just know that APC strategists are deadly mafians who are prepared to go to the lowest ebb morally accepted norm of politicking ( I once heard there's no morality in politics).

It's the reason I don't pity Dino Melaye in his ordeals. Let him enjoy what he helped foist on Nigerians. He fought against a regime that had clear direction and economic blueprint for some group of vagabonds that stumbled on power and are now so intoxicated by it.

I know the kind of power play APC is deploying. I'm only surprised because I didn't know anyone or group would think of using it in this age and century.

Just imagine sponsoring the massacre of helpless citizens just so they could impose emergency rule. And the governor is even inviting the emergency rule. Now they are waiting for PDP to oppose the emergency rule so they can accuse PDP of playing politics with the life of Nigerians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by israelmao(m): 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2019
One day we will bundle all of you to Sambisa Forest.Any of you that wants to be exempted must be ready to relinquish his or her position as a senator.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Dareal90s(m): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2019
grin
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by kolafolabi(m): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
Too late

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by HisSexcellency(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2019
“PDP ruled this country for 16 years; instead of giving Nigerians democracy; they were practicing Kleptocracy; and after Nigerians tasted three years of democracy now, they are struggling to take us back to the period of their kleptocractic governance and Nigerians will not accept that.

“This election is going to be the choice of Nigerians; to choose either to go back to the government of Kleptocracy or continue with government of democracy,’’ he said.
Anytime I come across the above statement in a speech, i quickly go through the below list tongue

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by princejenks(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
for someone clearly not in the camp of the Senate president to be speaking on his behalf sounds very odd and out of place,just saying
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by fasho01(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
As if it for the good of the masses.. It's all for their pockets jare
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Banter1(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2019
Samsung galaxy A7 for sale
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by GentleMoney: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hmmm..
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Ken91(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
Nairalander ,make una help me ,my only is dying becus cholera ,Doctor say I should pay 50k for treatment I have only 10 k ,someone save my son pls help a brother nothing is small
5212973011 fcmb
Kenneth uebari thank u
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Clinton16: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
[quote author=GentleMoney post=74454495] [/quoteOgbebor Ehis Ehimwema is a scammer, he parade himself as a binary trade expert, you can only hide but i will definitely lay my hands on you, do the needful and be free
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by KingLennon(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
God forbid! PDP does not want cease fire lets keep the heat on. Because the election is near they want to claim peace. Lets continue the rumble lets see who owns the senate....ATIKUlating OBIdiently grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by nabegibeg: 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

Members of the 8th Senate have agreed to put aside their differences and work in harmony for the progress of Nigeria, former Majority Leader, Sen. Ali Ndume, (APC-Borno South), has said.

Ndume spoke with State House correspondents after leading the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate for Taraba, Sani Danladi, to a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday at the Presidential Villa.

He said that Nigerians had been supportive of the National Assembly and expected so much from it but regretted that leadership crisis made the 8thSenate to perform below the expectations of Nigerians.

“The legislative arm which is supposed to be interdependent was more or less independent and extensively antagonistic; and to some extent, you can say the leadership has been sabotaging the activities of the executive instead of cooperating with the executive to deliver the services Nigerians are expecting from us.

“I am accusing specifically, the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, not the leadership so to say; as I have said several times, we elected the Senate leader who turned out to be Senators’ President.

“We have a leftover time of six months and we have agreed on cease fire including the Senate President himself; that we put the interest of Nigerians first.

“That was why when we resumed, we have been able to pass certain outstanding bills and we have agreed to work together; the interest of the nation first before party’s interest or any other individual’s interest.

“ Any breach in that agreement that we have, will also send us back to our trenches.’’

On the 2019 budget proposal, Ndume said that timely passage of the budget was important as it was one of the agreements the senators had.

According to him, the budget belongs to Nigerians and Nigerians are expecting that the budget be passed as quickly as possible so that the content of the budget will be delivered to Nigerians.

He said that anybody that tried to stand on the way of the budget would be seen as a saboteur to Nigerians.

Ndume said that APC senators were fully in support of the budget because they had input in it.

“So we are not expecting any hiccup but as usual, the normal dragging will continue but we will resist it and make sure that we are sent to the National Assembly, that is to work for Nigerians comes first before any other interest.’’

On the hue and cry over the appointment of Amina Zakari as head of its collation centre for the forthcoming presidential election, Ndume, said that her relationship with Buhari had nothing to do with her assigned role.

He chided the opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) saying the party had resorted to what he described as CCC.

“PDP is now is concentrating on what I call the CCC instead of doing what is the right thing.

`They are concentrating on complaining, criticising and contradicting themselves instead of campaigning.

“We in the APC; we said it initially and we even have a manual of campaign and that is to discuss issues, ideals, integrity and things that will move this country forward but as usual is the main opponent now; that is what makes it easy for APC.

He told the correspondents that he had been appointed the Director-General, Campaign, in the Presidential Campaign Council of the APC for the North-East.

The senator said that with the candidacy of Danladi, a tasted and trusted candidate, APC would reclaim Taraba.

He also expressed optimism that APC would also reclaim Gombe State in 2019 as the party accidentally lost the two states in the North-East in 2015.

Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Lagosfinder(m): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2019
good move
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Cantonese: 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

'PDP ruled Nigeria for 16 years'. Just shut up please. You were part of those 16 years as you were a senator on the platform of PDP. You were part of the corrupt system. You were accused of sponsoring boko haram. You left when you could no longer have your way. If PDP is called a party of looters, you fall under that umbrella please. You only jumped to APC to have another beginning.

Before APC got to power in 2015 they were 'CCC' too. Have they stopped being CCC, 4 years later, NO. And APC will never stop being CCC.

Those of you who decamped to APC to make the party stronger and expect your sins to be washed away should expect your rewards. It will be a very big shame on people like you if you get back to PDP after your loss in 2019.
Re: Senate Crisis: We Have Agreed On Ceasefire - Senator Ndume by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2019
visijo:
Some of you have been single for too long, the only time you hear the word "boo" is when u fart..may your story change in 2019
makes no sense!

(1) (2) (Reply)

EndSARS: Falana Chambers Writes IGP, Demands Full Protection For Protesters / Shettima Should Handle Security, Tinubu Economy As Promised - Obi / Bandits Threatening To Attack Me – Gov Radda Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.