Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

The Benefit Of Learning A Foreign Language As A Nigerian And Living In Europe - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Benefit Of Learning A Foreign Language As A Nigerian And Living In Europe (386 Views)

What exactly Is The Benefit Of Floating The Naira? / The Benefit Of Applying For Email Marketing Course / Promoting Your Language As Part Of Your Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Benefit Of Learning A Foreign Language As A Nigerian And Living In Europe by culseya(m): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
BEYOND SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE
 As a professional, do you know that according to The Michel Thomas Language Centre in
the United Kingdom suggested that speaking a second language could increase a worker’s
salary by £3,000 a year, or £145,000 in a lifetime?
 As a businessperson, are you aware that according to a research by The Economist
Intelligence Unit, entitled Competing Across Borders: How Cultural and Communication
Barriers Affect Business,
Fact: 64% of businesses believe language and cultural differences constrain their
international expansion plan.
Fact: 75% of executives rate their colleagues’ ability to communicate internationally as
average or below average.
Fact: Executives state that enhanced Cross-Cultural skills can significantly improve
revenue (89%), profit (89%), and market share (85%).
Fact: 49% of businesses report that communication misunderstandings have resulted in
financial losses after failure of major deals.
Fact: “The overwhelming majority of executives (bordering on 90%) believe that if the
language and cross-border competence/capabilities were to improve at their
company, then profit, revenue and market share would all improve as well.
In case you want to learn a language, go beyond speaking, reading, listening, writing. You should ask "How can learning a language profit me?" Most language training providers offer grammar and vocabulary only. Their exclusive focus is on developing your communicative competence. Then you are abandoned to yourself. Thus for many, the language skill becomes useless after the training. If you are looking for a holistic training that can increase your worth, help you to earn more money, grow your career and business, open more doors of opportunities, you should ask yourself "Now that I know how to speak, read, listen, write French, German, Chinese...can this language centre help me to identify what I can profitably do with the language I have just learnt to gain opportunities, promotion, job, money, traveling, success? Can this language centre teach me how to use my communicative competence to create, add, capture value that profit me?"
Language programs that offer you grammar and vocabulary only are outdated. The complete program has 2 components: (1) Developing your communicative competence, that is your capacity to speak, read, listen, write a particular language like a native, "Can you communicate in the language?" (2) Providing you with the CONVENTIONS OF THE USE OF THAT LANGUAGE IN ORGANIZATIONAL, CORPORATE, BUSINESS, PROFESSIONAL, SOCIAL SITUATIONS THAT GENERATE AND MAXIMIZE PRODUCTIVITY, PERFORMANCE,, PROFITABILITY, GROWTH "What can you do or are you doing with the language in a day to day, practically that improve your personal/business/professional growth, performance, and profit?"
In a word, they must teach you how to use the language you are learning to (1) add value to cost
centers of organizations by making
them less costly to operate and to
(2) add value to profit centers by
making them more productive in
generating revenues and enhancing
their earnings.
If you are thinking of traveling to Europe to settle or for business purposes and you are able to break the barrier of communication. I am saying communication enough to key into these European countries as if you are an indigene, then you are not far from a very huge success. Nigerians are successful in America because we speak English. This go a long way in creating jobs, developing oneself, grow businesses and many more. Now the same thing can occur for the European countries. You can also achieve all these when you learn these languages professionally.
We all know how the rejection of US and Canada visas are increasingly at high rate yearly. Why go through that stress when they are nore opportunities in Europe
We at PAROUSIAL ESSENTIAL SOLUTIONS are ready to design such program to enable you succeed in your ambition. You can drop your comments and questions below. Contect no : 07033551139, [/color][color=#000099]
Re: The Benefit Of Learning A Foreign Language As A Nigerian And Living In Europe by kalufelix(m): 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2019
That's very correct..the lingua is the visas, work permit, residence permit that we all seek for all in one subtle package yet unnoticed by so many.

Programs like Google translate has discouraged more people from tapping into this opportunity including those already residing in Europe or Asia

Ya ployha gavaroo pa roskee...so I need more russian lessons.

(1) (Reply)

My BIGGEST Collection Of PLR Content Ever Launched! 1+ Million PLR Articles / Sparkling White Best Wash Super Foaming Liqiud Soap For You / Profitable Business Idea Needed!! I Can Pay To Get The Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.