Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair (23604 Views)

Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air, Struggles To Land In Abuja / Overland Aircraft’s Engine Catches Fire Midair, Pilot Declares Emergency / Owerri Bound Airpeace Flight Develops Fault Mid Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by SalamRushdie: 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2019
t
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by godquality: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2019
Imagine if someone that is scared of flying but convinced to fly was in that plane. Nothing on earth will make that person enter plane again.
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by verifiablefacts: 4:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
EzegeNG:
Tragedy was, today, averted, as an SAA flight developed technical fault midair and was forced to empty some fuel on an island.

Recounting how the whole event played out, Nigerian priest, Precious Uwagbai, said: “A South African Airline with Flight number SA184 just escaped a plane crash now, 5th January 2019, with over 200 passengers onboard. .

We had taken off and were airborne for over 2 and half hours when the pilot announced that there is a technical fault and that we should remain calm. .

We lost our calm when the plane began to shake on air so the pilot had to jettison some fuel over a deserted island so as to avert any fire outbreak Incase of crash landing. .

We were airborne for over 4hrs before we finally had a tough landing at Johannesburg international Airport in South Africa. .

The men of the firefighters service came to our rescue as we landed in a deserted area of the airport and waited for almost 30mins for the rescue team to get us by bus back to the Airport terminal. .

All we have to say is thanks to God for preserving our lives. I am Priest Precious and in the company of 82yrs old Mehdi jaffer and his wife.”

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-priest-199-others-escape-as-saa-flight-develops-fault-midair/

which kind country be this, so so bad news
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by verifiablefacts: 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
BedLam:
A plane developed fault midair doesn't necessarily mean a crash will happen.

Guess he doesn't trust his god. Lol scaredy cat.
but e fit happen?
Onye I too sabi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by redirect(m): 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
God is good
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by MrCounselor: 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
Offpoint:
Boarding a flight with black people could result to heart if there's a little technical fault. Black are too scared of death...

Pilots were trained to land plane safely even with both engine gone. The only time you should prepare for death is when the plane is off radar or the pilots lost total control of the plane and the plane is heading towards a mountain, ocean or residential area.

Fear kills faster than a crash

Tell us on NL this poo you just posted when next you're inside a plane that developed fault mid-air.
Trained or not, is it so sure his emergency landing will be successful?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by Itzurboi(m): 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
I don't know why some people are scared to die. Don't you wanna see Jesus Christ live.....
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by AngelicBeing: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2019
FuukaFuuka:
grin
Hahaha, I blame Buhari, Jonathan, Obasanjo, Abdusalami, Babangida for the plane technical fault tongue
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by solomix10(m): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
air transportation is the safest but deadliest means of transportation
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by dukechilezie(m): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2019
Joromi12:
since when did u have authority over death Even Jesus died young
You prophesy what you believe.
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by semyman: 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2019
My regular route. Exactly why I am never excited flying, the impending danger always very calamitous
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by mu2sa2: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2019
EVILFOREST:
......yet NO NIGERIAN or SOUTH AFRICAN PROPHET saw this coming.
Congratulations,
Jesus is Lord
It's not too late for one pretender or two to cook up something. Just wait and see.
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by Agboola2much(m): 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
dukechilezie:
I cancel every premature death in our lives. We shall not die young.
Amin ni oruko Jesu!
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by Naza25: 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
Thank God they escaped death
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by Yemisi87: 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
Glory be to God. Hallelujah!
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by Rumobaba: 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2019
You want make e crash?
BedLam:
A plane developed fault midair doesn't necessarily mean a crash will happen.

Guess he doesn't trust his god. Lol scaredy cat.
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by Offpoint: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2019
MrCounselor:

Tell us on NL this poo you just posted when next you're inside a plane that developed fault mid-air.
Trained or not, is it so sure his emergency landing will be successful?
Not everyone is afraid of death bro... I can say it anywhere. Panicking wouldn't save you when the Plane Crashes.... Your last moment shouldn't be your scariest, but your happiest.
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by mechanics(m): 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2019
Thank God no bad news occur.
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by Tesie2003: 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
Just In November someone (TechCapon) posted something meaningful and similar here why such could happen.

Please see below reasons for that. Not a big deal.

TechCapon

Have you ever looked up and saw an aircraft flying with long white lines like gas behind it ? I’ve seen it many times and what the aeroplane is doing is called fuel dumping. Now you’ll be wondering why pilots will dump fuel considering the fact that aviation fuel is very expensive and also causes serious pollution to the environment. In this post techcapon be explaining to you why it is necessary for the pilots to dump fuel sometimes.

Now this also includes our local airlines in Nigeria like DANA, AERO etc. Although fuel dumping is more common with airlines that travel long distances and make international flights. Before take-off, the airline do the maths. They calculate how much fuel is needed to the aircraft to complete their journey and they fill the aircraft tanks with enough fuel to make the complete their journey. There are some terms I’ll like to explain in this post for you to understand how it works.

Dry operating weight: This is the weight of the plane without fuel, passengers or luggage.

Payload: This is the weight of the passengers and their luggage

Zero fuel weight: This is the weight of the fuel needed to reach their final destination including reserve.

Dry operating weight + Payload + Zero fuel load = Take-off weight

Take-off weight MUST always be greater than landing weight

The major reason why pilots dump fuel is because the landing weight of the plane exceeds the maximum. Inside the cockpit, pilots have a meter that tells them the weight of the aircraft at all times. For example, Boeing 747 aircrafts have a maximum landing weight of 312000kg.

Anything above that weight will cause the aircraft to suffer serious damage during landing or even crash during landing. Infact, if the maximum take-off weight is above 312000kg, the cockpit will blink red lights and give the pilots warning. The question on your mind right now will be, if the airline calculates how much fuel is needed to arrive their destination, why dump fuel before arriving ? The answer is simple.
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by TechCapon(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2019
Tesie2003:
Just In November someone (TechCapon) posted something meaningful and similar here why such could happen.

Please see below reasons for that. Not a big deal.

TechCapon

Have you ever looked up and saw an aircraft flying with long white lines like gas behind it ? I’ve seen it many times and what the aeroplane is doing is called fuel dumping. Now you’ll be wondering why pilots will dump fuel considering the fact that aviation fuel is very expensive and also causes serious pollution to the environment. In this post techcapon be explaining to you why it is necessary for the pilots to dump fuel sometimes.

Now this also includes our local airlines in Nigeria like DANA, AERO etc. Although fuel dumping is more common with airlines that travel long distances and make international flights. Before take-off, the airline do the maths. They calculate how much fuel is needed to the aircraft to complete their journey and they fill the aircraft tanks with enough fuel to make the complete their journey. There are some terms I’ll like to explain in this post for you to understand how it works.

Dry operating weight: This is the weight of the plane without fuel, passengers or luggage.

Payload: This is the weight of the passengers and their luggage

Zero fuel weight: This is the weight of the fuel needed to reach their final destination including reserve.

Dry operating weight + Payload + Zero fuel load = Take-off weight

Take-off weight MUST always be greater than landing weight

The major reason why pilots dump fuel is because the landing weight of the plane exceeds the maximum. Inside the cockpit, pilots have a meter that tells them the weight of the aircraft at all times. For example, Boeing 747 aircrafts have a maximum landing weight of 312000kg.

Anything above that weight will cause the aircraft to suffer serious damage during landing or even crash during landing. Infact, if the maximum take-off weight is above 312000kg, the cockpit will blink red lights and give the pilots warning. The question on your mind right now will be, if the airline calculates how much fuel is needed to arrive their destination, why dump fuel before arriving ? The answer is simple.
I'm glad you remembered even though I don't post regularly anymore. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by BedLam: 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2019
verifiablefacts:

but e fit happen?
Onye I too sabi

But e fit no happen. Dullard
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by goslowgoslow(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2019
emmabest2000:
Devil is a liar

Can I Hear Amen Somebody ....
Is devil the cause of the technical fault?
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2019
plane dey fear me die my broda!

d 1st day I board plane, if dem tell u say nah me siddon 4 inside d plane wen d thing d take off, my granpapa spirit go 4rm nowhere giv u better abala Chineke slap!
4 my mind I dey tell myself say, "ooh, nah die I dey so?" grin

I doff cap 4 ppl wey dey fly plane steady!
cool
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by Tesie2003: 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
[quote author=TechCapon post=74483126]I'm glad you remembered even though I don't post regularly anymore. :

U don't have to be discouraged bro. Just a pity that Nigerians don't appreciate meaningful and insightful posts, they appreciate news from celebrities and slay mamas even when it will never add value to them.

People like me are grabbing the meaningful comments and posts. Keep up the good work.

Thanks bro.
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by TechCapon(m): 6:07am On Jan 06, 2019
[quote author=Tesie2003 post=74488751][/quote]thanks for the words of encouragement
Re: Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair by Mensa1980: 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
Everybody calls themselves priest and bishop nowadays. Or this could be the modern day Jonah, running aways from their sin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Tragic Accident Along Abeokuta-shagamu Expressway / Seme Border: Ban On Vehicle Importation Still In Force - Customs / 8 Most Beautiful Island Countries In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.