Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,142 members, 7,953,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:59 PM

"What Is The Difference Between Here And There?" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "What Is The Difference Between Here And There?" (494 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Is The Difference Between Here And There?" by micolaj: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
"What is the difference between *here*and *there*?

This was the question a 13-year-old student was asked in English language class.

And then, he gave this unusual response: *T*
Yes, *T* . Funny?

But, frankly, is *T* really the difference between *here* and *there*?

Irrespective of our age, background and status, we all have aspirations.
It could be about school we want to go, certificate we want to obtain, job we want to do, business empire we want to build, car we want to buy, family we want to raise, and status we want to attain. Anything.

And it is these burning desires that wake entrepreneurs up in the morning, keep workers busy during the day, and keep students late at night.

However, our motivation do wane when all these desired ends are not in sight, and when our paths seem farther from destination- the place we want to be. We start losing confidence in ourselves, even more, our future. We begin to ask when will I be there?

Surprisingly, only our past can answer us, and that answer comes from our early childhood's experience.

Then our little selves will cry whenever someone takes away our toys or mummy leaves us for kitchen. But we can't help ourselves since we just learning to sit up, talkless of walking down to take that toy.

And then, with time, we start crawling. Now, we retrieve our toys. With time, we start standing. Now, we happily kick our sister's leg. With time, we start running.
Now, we fetch our older brother's football. Finally, with time, we start running. And now, we speed out to welcome mummy from market. Time.

This childhood's experience serves as a rich source of inspiration for us to see our journey to that destination we desired as a matter of time.

Now, we know that the boy was right as the difference between between HERE and THERE is T.

And that T is TIME needed for us to get THERE- where we want to be.
Re: "What Is The Difference Between Here And There?" by kaycexx(m): 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2019
If no be Here na There.
Re: "What Is The Difference Between Here And There?" by EbukaHades10(m): 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2019
Aswear,a no understand.

Re: "What Is The Difference Between Here And There?" by micolaj: 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
Re: "What Is The Difference Between Here And There?" by micolaj: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Aswear,a no understand.
I'm sorry, Bro. I'm just starting out to put my thoughts on paper. Besides, I hurriedly prepared this.

Now, I could see that the memories are faintly painted, and the thoughts are not properly married.

My apology
Re: "What Is The Difference Between Here And There?" by Plut01: 7:00am On Sep 10, 2021

Micolad you sent me a PM? I can't access it, we can talk here.

(1) (Reply)

Intelligence And Cognitive Supplements. Read And Never Forget What You Read. / ASUU Planning Another Three Months Strike, Nigerians React / 5 Common Mistakes Students Make When Preparing For Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.