Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,481 members, 7,843,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

10 Songs Of The Decade - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Songs Of The Decade (484 Views)

Fireboy DML Playboy: Album Of The Decade / Nigeria Top 10 Songs Of The Week / Top 10 Hottest & Most Creative Nigerian Beats Of The Decade & Producers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Songs Of The Decade by mikeycharles(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2019
I'm a writer and I usually listen to tunes that either make me think or just want to stay happy, so let me share some of my playlists so you can probably update yours.
1. All I want by Kodaline
A very deep and solemn track that gets you in your feelings, the song is a real masterpiece that makes the inspiration flow through your body.
2. Attention by Charlie Puth
A nice track by Charlie Puth, he talks about the length his girlfriend takes in order to get his attention. The beat and vocals are properly synchronized giving off a wonderful and pleasing vibe.
3. Call It What You Want by Taylor
The country singer turned pop-star released her album titled "Reputation" with ear pleasing tracks such as "Look At What You Made Me Do", "Call It What You Want" talks about the betrayal Taylor suffers and how liars and jokers point fingers at her but she has her man who looks at her like she's brand new.
4. We don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth ft Selena Gomez
This number features American pop-star Selena Gomez who happens to be the most followed person on Instagram, she lends her wonderful vocals to this song which makes a worldwide hit with over 1 billions views on YouTube.
5. Just A dream by Sam Tsui and Christina Grimmie
This track was originally sang and released by Nelly but Sam Tsui and Christina Grimmie decided to make a cover of their own which sounded better as a ballad. Unfortunately Christina is no more with us but her inspiring voice will last the test of time.
6. Kill Em With Kindness by Selena Gomez
A very wonderful track that tries to tackle war, bullying and violence in general and that was why international sensation; Selena Gomez lended the acoustic version for the Netflix series; "13 Reasons Why" of which Selena is an executive producer.
7. Lonely together by Avicii
Another hit by the Avicii himself (God bless his soul), the beats and electronic sounds gives a very pleasing and calming sensation and the vocals are perfect.
8. Majesty by Nicki Minaj ft Eminem & Labrinth
Two rap gods decide to release a track that blew me off my boots, although Nicki Minaj rap was quite short and fast, Eminem managed to give a very long and daring verse with lines like "...we need Q-tip for the culture..." and Labrinth vocals were nice but not really required
9. Old Friends (Jonas Blue Remix) by Jasmine Thompson
Jasmine's vocals here are astounding and mind-blowing, she talk about missing her friends and making new ones and how they relate with her.
10. Only Time by Enya
Talk about symphony and sounds, Enya killed it with this everlasting hit
Notable mentions
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran ft Beyoncé
- Piano Man by Brandy
- Talk Me Down by Troye Sivan
- Un Ano Sin Lluvia by Selena Gomez
- Young, Dumb and Broke by Khalid
So these are some of jams but not exclusive to the aforementioned, I will probably attach my Spotify playlist link on here.
Re: 10 Songs Of The Decade by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2019
mikeycharles:
I'm a writer and I usually listen to tunes that either make me think or just want to stay happy, so let me share some of my playlists so you can probably update yours.
1. All I want by Kodaline
A very deep and solemn track that gets you in your feelings, the song is a real masterpiece that makes the inspiration flow through your body.
2. Attention by Charlie Puth
A nice track by Charlie Puth, he talks about the length his girlfriend takes in order to get his attention. The beat and vocals are properly synchronized giving off a wonderful and pleasing vibe.
3. Call It What You Want by Taylor
The country singer turned pop-star released her album titled "Reputation" with ear pleasing tracks such as "Look At What You Made Me Do", "Call It What You Want" talks about the betrayal Taylor suffers and how liars and jokers point fingers at her but she has her man who looks at her like she's brand new.
4. We don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth ft Selena Gomez
This number features American pop-star Selena Gomez who happens to be the most followed person on Instagram, she lends her wonderful vocals to this song which makes a worldwide hit with over 1 billions views on YouTube.
5. Just A dream by Sam Tsui and Christina Grimmie
This track was originally sang and released by Nelly but Sam Tsui and Christina Grimmie decided to make a cover of their own which sounded better as a ballad. Unfortunately Christina is no more with us but her inspiring voice will last the test of time.
6. Kill Em With Kindness by Selena Gomez
A very wonderful track that tries to tackle war, bullying and violence in general and that was why international sensation; Selena Gomez lended the acoustic version for the Netflix series; "13 Reasons Why" of which Selena is an executive producer.
7. Lonely together by Avicii
Another hit by the Avicii himself (God bless his soul), the beats and electronic sounds gives a very pleasing and calming sensation and the vocals are perfect.
8. Majesty by Nicki Minaj ft Eminem & Labrinth
Two rap gods decide to release a track that blew me off my boots, although Nicki Minaj rap was quite short and fast, Eminem managed to give a very long and daring verse with lines like "...we need Q-tip for the culture..." and Labrinth vocals were nice but not really required
9. Old Friends (Jonas Blue Remix) by Jasmine Thompson
Jasmine's vocals here are astounding and mind-blowing, she talk about missing her friends and making new ones and how they relate with her.
10. Only Time by Enya
Talk about symphony and sounds, Enya killed it with this everlasting hit
Notable mentions
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran ft Beyoncé
- Piano Man by Brandy
- Talk Me Down by Troye Sivan
- Un Ano Sin Lluvia by Selena Gomez
- Young, Dumb and Broke by Khalid
So these are some of jams but not exclusive to the aforementioned, I will probably attach my Spotify playlist link on here.
your list is as useless as buharis ministerial nominees

2 Likes

Re: 10 Songs Of The Decade by mikeycharles(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
your list is as useless as buharis ministerial nominees
Them haters is pressed, administer mouth to mouth. I'm sorry did your song or fav not make the list.

(1) (Reply)

[audio] DMW – “bum Bum” Ft Davido X Zlatan / [BANGER] Elviz HQ Ft Young Presh – Borrow Pose / Listen & Download Music: Dwanna – Do Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.