Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Motivating Story Of Boy That Will Help Depressed People - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Motivating Story Of Boy That Will Help Depressed People (394 Views)

A motivating poem / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Motivating Story Of Boy That Will Help Depressed People by Ernchibyke(m): 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2019
Culture as it is said is a way of life of a particular people!

The boy in that pics is by name, Abdul. He is a student of Asata Chemist Primary School, Enugu. He is all set for a bachelor's Eve party�. In one of the pics, after he was tired of dancing, he leaned on a car moping in enjoyment & munching his sugar cane�. The lad made my evening.

The other pics that showed people, most especially ladies dancing in a circular form in a dusty mechanic garage. Those people are the bachelor Eve invited & uninvited guests. They making merriment, dancing & having fun, unaware & unconcern about passerbys who make disgusting statements on how they dance in such unkept, untidy & dusty garage.
I myself I began wondering,what joy there is in the party. In a mechanic garage. Only the dust that arise from there is more than enough to make me sick. Yet this guy's re just happy & dancing. "Dem no send".

I've read so many articles & newstories about depressed people. The shocking revelation in those articles is that, most of those people are wealthier/richer & more educated than "Abdul". This re mostly undergraduates, a height Abdul might never attain because of financial constraints. Yet Abdul feels he is the happiest lad on earth now.

I think we need learn from little Abdul & those other folks. Ask yourself what's there to life that has that propensity to make me depressed, how important is it,given the fact the nothing in this our planet will last forever. How important
Is that thing or issue that ll make me conceive thought of taking my own life(suicide).

I know most reading this write-up might be disgusted at Abdul's look,the charcoal on his face & head. Most might still be more comfortable than he is. Then ask yourself how did this lad generate such degree of happiness.

Abdul was & still is the source of his own happiness. Material things weren't the tenets of his happiness. After he got tired of dancing he walked by, looking pale,when asked why he looked pale. He complained of hunger. A good Samaritan there bought him food. He later ran back to join his friends. He knew he had no money,he was open enough to tell what his problems were,& it was handled by a stranger he never met prior before then.

Therefore honourable reader. Can you meditate on this,in that,it ll sink into your subconscious. Knowing fully well that there is nothing to life thats so important to make you depressed. You can be your own happiness, because the keys to you been happy is already with you. Both the sane & the insane share the same faith in the end which is death. So be slow to anger, and realise that lifes journey is gradual. Open up when in need ,talk to, not only friends but strangers as well,you never can tell who will be your Saviour.

Nothing should cost you your happiness, equate not your happiness with anything of these earth. Phone shouldn't be the cause of your joy. When there were no phones, people still lived happily.

Always remember that the after now matters the most. Pray always that God ll reignite the consciousness of the after now.

Psalms 90:12 "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom".
Be conscious of the life after now,the knowledge of it,will help you detach meaning & relevance from the now(earth/world).

1 Like

Re: Motivating Story Of Boy That Will Help Depressed People by WordsWriter: 12:09am On Jan 06, 2019
Thanks bro..

You just touched a soul

(1) (Reply)

Remind Me / We Write & Re-write Non Plagiarized Articles / Anthology Of Woes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.